MDZealot

My PEWPEW = Your QQ

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6160 posts
  • IGN:: Secks / Jedi : :

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Posted Image

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#862 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

awww yay

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

f_by_nepharus-d7fbwoh.png

#863 MDZealot

MDZealot

My PEWPEW = Your QQ

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6160 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

yay for transmorg

Posted Image

#864 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hey mdz would you like to try ressing my account? I'll xfer to your server and we can play together at some pointt maybe :0

[edit] ty

Edited by Dopple, 06 October 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#865 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

n_n

988t8n.jpg

#866 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

lol low level pvp. lol healers. Nearly all of my encounters with them involve me scratching wildly to no avail. I did manage to kill a few lower level ones in 1v1. One of them was a priest and was terrible, but even then I had to successfully incapacitate, stun and interrupt every single cast that showed up or else he'd undo a solid thirty seconds' worth of beatings, and it still took ages. I wish I were exaggerating. Heaven forbid he knew how to juke interrupts... Though I have to admit that brewmaster is an excellent spec for annoying the hell out of casters and beating up melee that don't have any help.

#867 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

I just read Tides of War out of boredom over the last six or so hours, making it maybe the second novel I've read in the last few years that wasn't related to any academic curriculum.

I liked it better when it was a weird romance between a blue dragon and the personification of a fountain... but then the fountain died, and now we get Jaina Proudmoore. Why are blue dragons always portrayed as inept? Doing nothing but being arrogant, getting thwarted or slaughtered in swathes. Good for nothings, the lot of them.

#868 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3675 posts
  • IGN:Hentai

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:55 PM

Hentai's Favorite Healing Specs for Warlords of Draenor:

1. Holy Priest

Playing a priest has been surprising. It was a class I never imagined enjoying. Shadow was a slow spec and the two healing specs didn't have any "personality" at first. I mean Druids heal with weeds and Shaman splash water. In the end, I was wrong. The Auspicious Spirit sub spec for Shadow is proccy delicious glory and I've had so much fun with Holy Priest.

In group content I love to support my friends (and pugs). Healing is reactive, you set the tempo for the group. A tank focuses on placement and control of the group but a healer sets the motion, gets the ball rolling. The DPS and tanks move with the tempo; as health stays green, they push hard. The flow pushes the group in our favor. But when health turns red, the group struggles with the current and moves erratically. The Holy Priest moves with that flow changing their options reacting and pushing back.

I have never felt so much joy playing a healing spec until the Holy Priest. They have a response for any situation thrown at them. They hand out Renews like hotcakes to anyone taking damage and launch Circle of Healings to the raid. But at the tempo quickens, Holy Priests felt more and more fun as Flash Heals and Binding Heals fill your Serendipity Stacks. Do you want to Flash Heal for almost free? Hell, do you want to Flash Heal for free? You fire off your Surge of Light procs, your Serendipity Heals. More raid damage? Circle of Healing has you covered if not, you have Halo and you're full of Surge of Light Procs. Prayer of Mending all over your raid thanks to Words of Mending.

There's so much to do and the Holy Priest approaches it like an art form. It has a layer of complexity to each situation. How do you want to react? Your Renew will keep the Prayers of Mending flooding your raid for raid damage or do you want to burst it up with Halo and Circle of Healing.

It's a huge disappointment that I'll never be in a dedicated raid group as the tier set for Holy Priests is amazing. A 10 stack Prayer of Mending? I can only dream how glorious that must feel. Combined with Divine Insight which unleashes all charges of Prayer of Mending, it's fun, I imagine. Holy Priests just feel so good but they're turned down every time in a raid. Some people even phased them out completely as other classes can fill their role better as a raid healer. It's all because of the Disc Priest illusion. Hopefully I'll see Holy Priests in a position of glory once again.

2. Restoration Shaman

Healing is reactive. If a tank takes heavy damage, you react by healing your tank with heavy healing. If your raid takes damage, you react by using an AoE heal and keep your raid out of the danger zone. It's an ever changing environment where you must decide who to heal, how to heal, and when. Many healers are good at one point of a fight and poor at another. A bad raid leader is unfamiliar with how a healer succeeds in a raid and stacks healers inefficiently.

It just takes one Shaman, just one, for them to do their job. In any healer composition, the Shaman is the backbone of healing. In times of trouble, they succeed with a few casts. They stand strong, silently waiting for their time to shine. They put Healing Rains in stacked locations keeping everyone topped. They drop Healing Stream Totems catching any target falling in health. In essence, Shamans are very basic and very simple healers. They fire-off Riptides whenever they can to keep their Healing Waves flowing. Overall, many find them a bit of a stale and basic class. But, I am proud to call Restoration Shaman my main.

What makes me claim they are the backbone of healer compositions? They're the ultimate "Oh love" healer.

In low damage phases, Shamans work with other healers buffering the upcoming havoc to everyone's health bars. But once the storm strikes, Shamans shine, and they shine bright. As the raid dips lower and lower, the Shaman unleashes their glory. Deep Healing makes their healing skyrocket the lower the target is and at this point, my Shaman gets a +85% healing max to low health members. There were countless moments where everyone was in the red and I drop the glorious Healing Tide and Ascendance combination and bring my raid back to life. Countless times where an excellently timed Chain Heal brought a stacked group back for another beating. They're the ultimate tempo swing keeping the raid alive in dire phases, they make the raid cling for dear life fighting and fighting when all hope is lost. Shaman are the hope, they look at your clinging health bar saying "Take this Healing Surge and kill that loveer!" And they down the boss because of a couple money heals.

Overall, the Shaman are basic healers. They have long lulls where they are merely adequate. However, the times they do shine, they shine brighter than the sun.

3. Restoration Druid

Druids are the scum of the Earth. They walk around in PvP laughing at your damage. DPS cry as their 10% damage nerf reduce their swords and axes to noodles. Killing a Druid through double Rejuvenation is a joke.If they drop low they just top themselves off with a Swiftmend and Nature's Swiftness buffed Healing Touch. Oh, you want to fight? Sorry, I can't hear you over the Cyclones I'm casting and Entangling Roots. Oh, we're taking damage? I guess I can use Tree Form and... wait, what damage? People who play Druids in PvP are just pure evil.

But I won't deny that evil is fun. Druids are all about choices and choices. In raids, you'll never stop casting. They're effective and powerful. They succeed in points of low damage but have tons of options when heavy damage is taken. In low-to-zero damage phases, they fire off Wraths which heals for monster amounts with Dreams of Cenarius. It's also free as Restoration. With one person getting hit at a time such as Kargath, they can heal competitively just by spamming Wrath.

However, medium-to-low damage phases is where Restoration Druids shine. Double Rejuvenation is one of the most effective heals healing up damage and keeping the target topped off. Combined with the Harmony mastery with increases HoT damage, they're effective and money heals. If things get rough for the target, they can just drop a Swiftmend keeping them out of the red and if there's raid damaging flying around, a brilliantly timed Wild Growth can easily top off a group of a raid.

When things get tough, the Druid has choices. Tree Form and Double Rejuvenation can heal targets for cheap and with Wild Growth hitting more targets, they can pull many targets out of the red. Rampant Growth with Soul of the Forest relies on burst healing. The free and enhanced Swiftmend keeps tanks from dipping and the enhanced Wild Growth for 50% will heal the raid immensely fast.

Druids are strong and formidable healers but they don't have the glorious moments like Holy Priests and Shaman.

4. Mistweaver Monk

You are the work horse, the power house of raid healing. The Mistweaver Monk is a backbone of output. They never give up, they cling to every bit of mana they have. The longer the fight, the stronger the Mistweaver Monk. In the late phases of fights where the other healers and scraping the bottom of their mana, the Monk stands tall Uplifting and Soothing Mist every chance they get. They never give up on the raid, they never quit and every few seconds you hear the ping of Uplift.

In early WoD, Monks were the least desired healer. They simply lack the impact of the other healers. Shaman have Chain Heal and the Druids have Wild Growth. They heal for infinitely more than Uplift ever would. Coming out of MoP, Uplift simply flickered healing for such pitiful amounts each time. Sometimes you hit the Revival here and there but that's it.

How times have changed in a few months. Nothing changed mechanically about a Monk but they realized the raw volume of Uplifts and Renewing Mists. Monks are a machine of Uplifts, of Renewing Mists. At all times, you have  this puny HoT called Renewing Mists healing for tiny amounts. But it adds up as the fight drags on. That HoT never goes away and it's always up on half the raid. The Uplifts keep flowing keeping those bars up just a bit each time. The Monk's job is that: just heal. The job of the Shaman is to save the raid in an emergency. The job of a Druid is to keep the raid close to top off at low damage phases.

The Monk just heals. Renewing Mist, Uplift, Renewing Mist, Uplift. Soothing Mist. Expel Harm. And on and on.

But where does the monk succeed the most? Where is the niche? The long fight. Monks cling to mana with Mana Tea putting mana back in their bank and then Uplifting and Misting. It's subtle. You probably don't notice it at first. I certainly didn't.

Monks will keep healing and healing and healing. At times I realize that my spec is just a giant HoT for the raid, casting Uplift forever for the whole fight. It's usually after the fight as in the end, I enjoyed healing the encounter as Monk. Your mana never ends and you are always casting.

I recommend the Mistweaver to anyone getting into healing.

5. Holy Paladin

Holy Paladin is rather basic. Many people don't stick around as Paladin as they feel it's the "Three Buttons are all the Same" spec and at times I am inclined to agree. Paladins are holed into double Beacons keeping the tanks up effortlessly. It feels effective but a little lacking. Besides beacons, they don't have the personality of the other classes. There aren't any moments where the Paladin just shines and save the day. But they're the best at what they do.

What the Paladin brings most is utility. Hand of Sacrifice if one of the best tools of bring for a raid and they can talent it to have two charges. The damage reduction can flat out save a tank and save a raid. The glorious Lay on Hands is also an option to save a tank and the raid from a wipe. Good Paladins need foresight to drop any of that utility at critical moments. 

For raw output, 50% of their healing goes to their beacon targets saving them from tons and tons of damage. They can spot heal with Holy Light or Flash of Light. They build up Holy Power with Holy Shock allowing them to cast Light of Dawn on the raid. Sacred Shield is an Absorb over Time which can be dropped on four targets before tracking it. Paladins are the best as spot healing while healing the tank as well.

Overall, I found Paladin fun. It's a basic healing spec where you can cast your healing on essentially three targets at once. It's considered to be a low learning curve and gear score healer as they can add a shield on top of their healing.

6. Blood DK

Death Strike and top meters.

7. White Mage

Cure. Cure. Cure. Cure. Don't use Medica II. Lalafells are the best.

8. Spellslinger

I recommend Chua as best race.

9. Discipline Priest

Have you ever wanted a career where you pull a lever back and forth and a press comes down to a dough and bakes the best looking cake ever? And for eight hours you keep doing that with the lever sometimes getting stuck and you need to pull another lever until the main bigger lever gets unstuck? Yes? Congrats! I have a spec for you!

How do people like Discipline Priest? How is it so loveing good?

I tried to like it but I found that using my only button, Power Word: Shield was dull. 50%+ of my output came out of Power Word: Shield. Sometimes I cast Penance and sometimes I cast Clarity of Will. But when 50% of the fight it me hitting Power Word: Shield, I'd rather pull levers and bake a cake. At least I get cake in the end. Sure I can build Archangel stacks but in the end, I'm covering the raid with Power Word: Shield and waiting to do it again.

It's flawed in any healing meter. Power Word: Shield as an absorb adds more and more since you technically can't over heal but when it fades, that absorb does nothing. It's a horrible metric for healing and blind raid leaders see it and stack more Disc Priests or blame other healers because they're ignorant of how other healers work.

I played the spec a few times and I tried to enjoy it but it was just so dull. I don't get excited with higher output, I like to see decision making, encounter winning moments. Disc Priest has none of that. 

Sigh.

And yet they'll always have a place. No other healer will have the same role as a Discipline Priest. They mitigate point after point of damage if the buff doesn't drop off. They are excellent at absorbs and can deny so much damage with Omen of Clarity and blanket that mitigation with Power Word: Shield. No other healer can do that, except for Holy Paladins barely. Discipline Priests will never fall of their pedestal due to how sims and meters work.

Some of the healers I spoke to called the Discipline Priest "Baby's First Healer." 

#869 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

Except holy and maybe disc priest, I hate every flavour of healer in 2v2. Enemy resto comes out of an elaborate CC chain, mashes some cooldowns, and tops his ally off from 15%. Wow, what an epic comeback! -_-

I used to play holy priest back in Wrath. My gear was so bad, I'd run out of mana in a minute. (Ulduar in greens and blues bad. Imagine BRF heroic with 5 man gear and you get an idea.) Healing Hodir and Mimiron was stressful with my guild's set up. Also, Halls of Reflection heroic. You ever play an encounter where your party's health bounced between 80-10% every couple seconds? I could feel my hair coming out. Titan hardmode in FFXIV was nothing in comparison.

Asking disc priests why they are so good is like asking frost DKs why they are so good. They do one thing, and if they don't do it well, they're trash.

#870 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3675 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

Hentai's Additional Thoughts on: Holy Priest

I pugged trains today in H-BRF. It's an encounter I didn't really like to do on my shaman or monk mainly because of the short bursts of movement. We wrapped up Beastlord without much crying as it's probably the most faceroll encounter to heal in the raid right now. Trains is often a hit or miss, and doing it on my priest for the first time, and in general for the first time in a while, made me a bit nervous.

We wiped once mainly because my back was breaking from the carrying. Even at these gear levels, people can't play their class. What kind of monk sits and channels for half the encounter? And what kind of shaman uses healing surge as 33% of their output? Are you kidding me? After the first wipe, the raid leader went to add a disc priest because I didn't have it as a spec option. People are blind, because disc can pad meters for days by spamming doesn't mean they're good. About 80% of my disc counterparts have a minimum 60% output through Power Word: Shield and Divine Aegis. Though I'm saying they're bad, it's a playstyle I am not fond with and disc priests are the most forgiven of the healers because if they mess up, they hide behind raw numbers.

In the pug life, we're known by item level and spec. "Hello I am a 680 holy priest." They take me and that's it. You make up the rest of who you are by numbers and performance.

Ranting aside, I wrecked love at trains and I loved every second of it.

Holy Priests have an art- a dance to them. Many players tend to stray away from because you can do just as good for much less effort from a disc priest. People tend to compare the both by saying there is no difference, a disc priest has Power Word: Shield and a holy priest has Renew. I hated Renew spamming and whoever made that comparison are awful holy priests. What made me set on holy priest are the talents Surge of Light and Divine Star which work with Serendipity. Surge of Light offers a free and instant Flash Heal which generates Serendipity which can reduce the cost and cast time of Heal up to -40%. What really makes this spec feel good is the interaction with Divine Star. Unlike the other talents of that tree, Divine Star can proc Surge of Light each party member it passes. Whether it was intended or not, I wouldn't like the spec as much without it.

What that leads to is critical decisions you need to process when healing. You need to aim for Divine Star. You need to make sure you are free of Surge of Light before casting. You need to remove your Serendipity stacks whenever you can. All of this run through your head and you have three seconds to process it or someone will die. Do you have Surge of Light up? Do any targets need that fat heal  or are they low enough to Renew or is Circle of Healing off cooldown? Every little thing you need to process before healing. You need to know what you need to do after you launch your Flash Heals and most importantly, where you will be.

That's the biggest thing with Surge of Light, you can move and then fire it off. That's what made trains this week feel glorious. I wasn't confined to sitting and casting Chain Heal or Uplift forever. You move. Flash Heal. Heal when you settle. Circle of Healing on the move. Renew for filler. I know what you are going to say "Hentai, what about disc? They can have Surge of Light too." Yeah but how often do you see them cast Flash Heal or have that Flash Heal to Heal synergy. It's simply not there and it is inefficient for disc priest.

Holy is a spec that is both slow and fast at the same time. You need to build up your procs and spend them carefully. It's another resource to build up, another thing to manage next to your mana.

At the end of the encounter, there wasn't any crying. Other healers dragged their feet but I made the difference. I left the group and the other priest was targetting and possibly inspecting me the whole time.

He's probably respeccing as we speak.

Hentai loves you. Yes, you.

#871 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:36 AM

If you like critical thinking, I want to recommend PVP, but we've entered an era where people tunnel their DPS rotation all game every game. Neither can I stand for having to play at a 2500 level just for a chance the CC stars might align so I can beat some mediocre healer/DPS.

Are hunters are still obnoxious? Nothing's changed, has it? Hunters backpedaling and jumping around while they shoot you to pieces. I'll give them this at least: it's funny how easily the bad ones crumple when they're not getting healed. A surprising number of hunters even follow me behind pillars. Can you imagine that? Mobility kings closing the gap for me, even though they have the toolkit to ensure I'd never be able to reach them.

I enjoyed the times I got to say, "He's bad, I can take him," when it came to a duel against the most obnoxious ranged classes. But I'm probably not going to play much if any more.

#872 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

Death Knight runes restricted gameplay, so there are now 6 runes, one type, don't worry about what types are off cooldown anymore.

omfg noooooooooo they're making it even worse

The whole reason why I liked playing DK was because certain abilities used certain runes. It already lost nuance when blood runes (the worst kind) permanently became death (omni) runes, even if that change was a massive buff.

I already suffered through the goofy Howling Blast spam when 2h became nonviable. Guh. I guess I'll play it first, and if it's as bad as I expect, I might have to main some other spec.

#873 MDZealot

MDZealot

My PEWPEW = Your QQ

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6160 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:16 AM

ayyy

still playin wow

Destro+UI+1_1450301065.jpg

affliction+UI_1450301073.jpg

still making UI's custom as hell hehe

Posted Image

#874 ChaosIsBack

ChaosIsBack

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:36 PM

MDZ's way of nonchalantly showing off that huge amount of gold. xD

#875 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3675 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

MDZ should carry Dopple and me through heroic Archimonde but he's alliance, wut.

Hentai loves you. Yes, you.

#876 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

MDZ should carry Dopple and me through heroic Archimonde but he's alliance, wut.

What we need is people who can do more than 50K and don't die to nonsense in the first minute.

#877 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:11 PM

Why is the name "Xiaoputao" taken on Illidan?? Why are there 10 other characters named "Xiaoputao" besides my pandaren monk??? 

#878 Dopple

Dopple

Shapp-shifter

• Pink
  • 4341 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:34 AM

I main survival in Legion. I also spend way too much time hitting the dummy and feely-crafting :D.

Instead of sleeping, I've decided to write on the [Call of the Wild] legendary bracer and the [Convergence of Fates] trinket, at least while the latter is lukewarm in Nighthold's microwave. This post is addressed to nobody in particular, because that's what I do best on MapleTip! (It's ok, I've already presented to the interested parties, namely survival friends in the survival channel.)

These items reduce the cooldown of [Aspect of the Eagle], our bueno 10 second, 50% damage buff:

- [Call of the Wild] (CotW) gives a flat 35% reduction, ie. 62.4 seconds from 96.

- [Convergence of Fates] (CoF) has a chance of reducing the cooldown by 5 seconds on attack, averaging to 4.5 procs per minute.

It's an orange and an orange, so I decided to run some simplified napkin math. I also tried talking to my dad about this trivial pursuit in a way he could understand. The buff activation is like a wave whose intervals are affected by each item, and the goal is to find the frequency of the intervals. So I had a conversation about, umm, waves. With bonus confusion as to what constituted an interval. Not a lot of luck there.

Results!

Here's a chart roughly comparing the Eagle activations across a fight, with each item.

z9hKcxM.png

Notes:

- Uses exclude buff duration cutoffs, so it only counts +1 after you get the full duration of the buff. This is to avoid cases, say, where the boss was already dead for 7 of 10 seconds of the last Eagle use. Wasting even 3 seconds of the Eagle buff sucks!

- Uses include 2 seconds before buff reactivation. (2 seconds was arbitrary and really a useless number--you could need anywhere from 0 to like 7, or more if you're doing those pesky things called mechanics.)

- Average cooldown used for CoF + CotW is 40 seconds.

- This assumes idealized averages with good luck. Actual proc rates could vary drastically for CoF. 

And here's a representation of the overall damage gained from each option:

M0BZprr.png

Formula used to translate damage %: (Eagle uses * 10 seconds duration * 1.5 damage) / (total fight time in seconds).

1.5x damage comes from: 30% damage increase, +20% crit for the duration--though it should be more because Eagle also makes our hardest hitting attack more accessible.

- You get 1 Eagle usage at the start, regardless whether you have CoF, CotW, or nuffin. No DPS increase for the first 40-some seconds, as expected.

- The initial sharp peak is a time when you are able to use Eagle a second time, where you normally wouldn't be able to without items.

- Dips occur when an Eagle of the missing-item variety gets activated again.

Now it's not very useful to say that "With one item over having none, you would gain 7-7.5% damage increase at 6:00," because you won't, but we can make some general conclusions:

- The longer the fight, the more consistent, and more consistently better, of a DPS increase offered by these items. RNGesus, have at thee!

- Having both is a ~10% increase over having only one, and a ~18% increase over having neither. (Excluded is the secondary stat--like crit or otherwise--gained from another trinket, so values would be smaller in that way.)

- The relative DPS increase of having both versus having one, is better than one versus none. So the items do scale with each other if you are lucky enough to obtain both. Ha, ha ha. Nah I still don't have CoF even though it's farmable.

So is Convergence of Fates a good trinket? Yes. Especially on longer fights. Especially if you have Call of the Wild.

And that's it! Till next time. I'm a panda.

ZP10HHD.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users