2297 replies to this topic

#2261 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts
  • IGN:Hentai

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:59 AM

I had to say, the Toon Link player was amazing. He put me in constant pressure and when he got me, I wasn't ready. He always U-smashes me at 80% and apparently that was good enough. I needed 110% to get a sure KO U-smash. I managed to throw pikmin to put pressure on him as well, but in the end, I fumbled on my smashes and combos. He started to read my moves more and more and in the end, I lost to him barely.

Needless to say, perhaps the most fun match I ever had. They're looking forward for me playing in next season's tournament.

Hentai loves you. Yes, you.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2262 RamzaReborn

RamzaReborn

The original Blue Bomber

• MD Members
  • 1371 posts
  • IGN:Does not exist

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

So, my school is holding another Brawl Tourenament on Dec. 5th. I got roped into planning the whole thing, and i'm competing as well. HungryBox will be there, and everyone at my school wants him to lose. We placed a bounty on his head, person who keeps him out of the finals gets $50.

I was told by everyone else in the club that i had to beat him or another guy in the club, who is a Snake user....Can't wait for Dec. 5th mush1a.gif
Posted Image
Courtesy of Acfan

Oh, just go to the time out pen

#2263 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts
  • IGN:Werfen

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(Hentai @ Nov 6 2008, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had to say, the Toon Link player was amazing. He put me in constant pressure and when he got me, I wasn't ready. He always U-smashes me at 80% and apparently that was good enough. I needed 110% to get a sure KO U-smash. I managed to throw pikmin to put pressure on him as well, but in the end, I fumbled on my smashes and combos. He started to read my moves more and more and in the end, I lost to him barely.

Needless to say, perhaps the most fun match I ever had. They're looking forward for me playing in next season's tournament.

Woo! Go Toon Link! I can't wait for my tournament on the 22nd. Hopefully it won't be all Metaknight players...

#2264 MDZealot

MDZealot

My PEWPEW = Your QQ

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6160 posts
  • IGN:: Secks / Jedi : :

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Khaos @ Nov 11 2008, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woo! Go Toon Link! I can't wait for my tournament on the 22nd. Hopefully it won't be all Metaknight players...

Don't worry, there will be some Snake players too mush1n.gif

#2265 Hydralisk

Hydralisk

Gatekeeper

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3133 posts
  • IGN:Burrowed

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

Snake = Ftilt and DACUS spam

#2266 Seagull

Seagull

Invincible

• Respected Member
  • 1525 posts
  • IGN:-None-

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(Gantrithor @ Nov 11 2008, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snake = Ftilt, utilt, grenade and DACUS spam

fixed

Edited by Seagull, 11 November 2008 - 10:42 PM.

#2267 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(cocks @ Nov 11 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Khaos @ Nov 11 2008, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, there will be some Snake players too mush1n.gif

I just gotta break his set up before it begins. With a quick down B, and 2 psudo mines, AKA, grenades, it might be a tad tricky. But if I get past that, and space my character well, I should be ok. Of course, this is all "in theory."

#2268 MDZealot

MDZealot

My PEWPEW = Your QQ

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6160 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

http://www.cbs.com/p...o.php?season=17

lololol

#2269 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(cocks @ Nov 17 2008, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're slow MDZ. Pop by smashboards.com more often.

#2270 Sygmus

Sygmus

Werewolf

• Official Member
  • 1026 posts
  • IGN:Bantie

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

Well, I lost at my school tournament to a Diddy Kong player. Those bananas are annoying, but I gotta say even without them he probably would have kicked my butt.

QUOTE(cocks @ Nov 17 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw that, thought it was awesome. I haven't been watching it, but I hope he wins.

Edited by Sygmus, 17 November 2008 - 05:19 PM.

Mixed messages!

#2271 Hydralisk

Hydralisk

Gatekeeper

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3133 posts
  • IGN:Burrowed

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

I've been watching survivor cause of him, but now I want someone else to win. Lul.

#2272 MDZealot

MDZealot

My PEWPEW = Your QQ

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6160 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Khaos @ Nov 17 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smashsuxxxx

#2273 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(cocks @ Nov 17 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smashsuxxxx

You only think that because the latest smash is not "competitive" enough. Can't make everyone happy I suppose.

#2274 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts
  • IGN:Hentai

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(Khaos @ Nov 17 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(cocks @ Nov 17 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smashsuxxxx

You only think that because the latest smash is not "competitive" enough. Can't make everyone happy I suppose.

The only way MDZ will find Brawl competitive is when Zero Suit Samus comes out of the screen and rubs off all the players as they play regularly.

Hentai loves you. Yes, you.

#2275 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

So why does Guitar Hero: World tour have a "pay to play" feature, where I would easily paid 20$ a month to have SSBB online play not suck?

#2276 Tyrant

Tyrant

The True Koala

• Respected Member
  • 2088 posts
  • IGN:Eucalypti

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

Bringing this thread back to life.

Another tournament at my school. Unlike last time, this time, it ran hot and cold.

I started off in a FFA with my Shiek during the beginning practice (though we all tried as hard as possible.) I got to the end against a Metaknight, who was arguably the best player in that room. Unfortunately, Shiek is dominated by Metaknight... lost that.

Then, we had another FFA. I was Pokemon Trainer (started with Charizard.) This time, he wanted to be left alone with Snake while the other person and I fight. We did just that; by the end of it, both the Meta and I still had all three stocks and were both at around 90%. Being a good person, he gave me a little time to refill Zard's stamina. I did that, and we fought.

Ultimately, I won. Which was amazing, considering I only play people who suck and he was the best person there.

-----------

DISCOURAGEMENT: During the actual tournament, it was a doubles (which I suck in.) Rules were only FD. My teammate and I are against two terrible people. Easy way to the next round, right? No. Instead of following the rules, they chose BRIDGE OF ELDIN. You can't have a tournament match on BoE, especially for the fact that most of Pokemon Trainer's Zard and Squirtle kills are edgeguards.

But the host of the tournament was out of the room. We lost, simply because we were unfamiliar with the stage. And we didn't get redos.

Seriously... I need to enter a REAL tournament. -.-"

#2277 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

Life is good.

I've improved a lot since my last post. My Toon Link is getting better and better, and I almost took out the third best smasher in Ontario. OiN(Only in Niagara) is this weekend coming up, and no other than MEW2KING himself will make an appearance. It's cool and stupid at the same time, because:

1. MK was banned when this tourney was announced. The instant Mew2king posts saying, "If you unban Metaknight, I'll go." POOF! The next day, Metaknight is unbanned.

2. Mew2king does have the reputation of being one of the best in the US. It'd be cool to see him play personally, or even have a friendly with him.

In terms of online play, I "will" play online now, but don't expect me to play for long. Even after getting used to the button delay, it drives me up the wall.

I have a lot of people from my city going to this tournament, so we're going to take Niagara by storm!

#2278 NubBeginner

NubBeginner

Alegria

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 5118 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

After having not played SSBM for months, I finally played this week with a few of my friends. The most epic kill of that day was when I was Jiggly fighting my friend's Marth. He dashed at me and I side dodged, grabbed him and threw him up into the middle blocks on Mushroom Kingdom and when he bounced back down I Rested him. mush1n.gif

Good times, maybe I'll get some more gaming time now that it's winter break.

Happiness is finding satisfaction in what you have and where you are.

#2279 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:56 PM

I think I'll be posting videos of me playing soon. I really need to see from different points of view on my play-style and critique.

#2280 Tyrant

Tyrant

The True Koala

• Respected Member
  • 2088 posts
  • IGN:Eucalypti

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(Khaos @ Dec 28 2008, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I'll be posting videos of me playing soon. I really need to see from different points of view on my play-style and critique.

Good idea. I wish I could post some videos, but everyone I play against... well... sucks at Brawl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users