Photo
- - - - -

READ FIRST JMS HELP HERE -UPDATED- Added gMS Ludi.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#21 IceCube

IceCube

Icey coldness

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Location:In a ice cube tray. hoping to be made into ice cream.
  • IGN:ChronoX34

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:54 PM

One: pun, I respect you, and you are right. Two: we are almost like jms. 3rd job is here! :)
WTF?!¿¡?!¿¡MAPLETIP ORANGE IS GOING TO BE DELETED?!¿¡?!¿¡
PROTEST!!!!
SAVE THE WHALES MT ORANGE SKIN!
TRY MT ORANGE HERE!

Rawr. I need Exp with my cereal.

I suggest you vote for tich. Feed bharri a cookie! *feeds bharri* FEED ME ICE CUBES!

Tichondrius for MapleTip Administrators

CHOCOLATE COOKIES PWNZZOORZ!!!

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#22 Therealtahu

Therealtahu

Martian Tofu, from beyond the grave...

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2962 posts
  • IGN:None

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

To tell the truth... I never used google. Everything can be accessible from 1 simple page. >_> Which I found entirely by mistake and... that's all I'm saying. The site's in english too >_>

Historic Links
SaveMTOrange.jpg
The current forum killed it, but at least Warrior's Pride died too.

Personal MT Links
Pixel Edits

#23 3scargot

3scargot

Phear of a place in time.

• Banned
  • 1715 posts
  • IGN:PoipleOwnz

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

-is loading download page SLOWLY-

PoipleOwnz - Khaini - 5x - Grinding till 70 level!

IRC moments...
<kabob> Savery Escargot is DJ currently

<okiyama> I believe it's pronounced "whore"

*3scargo has dirty feelings for Tahu
*okiyama does too

<:3

#24 Yuki

Yuki

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2756 posts
  • IGN:Dead.

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:14 PM

I agree with Pun on this but I also think that even if you know how to download and run the game and are not japanese or even speak it you shouldn't be playing either. The many different versions of MapleStory were created for different languages. People who are American and don't speak other languages should be playing Global... Sea and other Versions are for Asian countries... I know it sucks that Global isn't the most up to date version but people need to learn patience and to deal with it, not going to other versions and raiding them.

Some of the people who have big Reps around here that play JMS cause other people to want to play it too... Then people are like "ZOMG! I WANT TO BE HIS/HER LEVEL!" and thats when hacking comes into JMS...

I'm sorry if I offened people but thats how I feel... People need to learn to stick with Global...
I'm gone. Stephen decided to be a love and delete my topic with my goodbyes so sorry everyone but goodbye.

#25 MrsSimpson

MrsSimpson

boxmstr9021

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1128 posts
  • IGN:iHump

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:17 PM

I agree with Pun on this but I also think that even if you know how to download and run the game and are not japanese or even speak it you shouldn't be playing either. The many different versions of MapleStory were created for different languages. People who are American and don't speak other languages should be playing Global... Sea and other Versions are for Asian countries... I know it sucks that Global isn't the most up to date version but people need to learn patience and to deal with it, not going to other versions and raiding them.

Some of the people who have big Reps around here that play JMS cause other people to want to play it too... Then people are like "ZOMG! I WANT TO BE HIS/HER LEVEL!" and thats when hacking comes into JMS...

I'm sorry if I offened people but thats how I feel... People need to learn to stick with Global...

You know it's not really about the updates for me, but mainly because of the community on Global. Two words ~ Global sucks.

thx 2 mikal for tha sig :)

#26 Yuki

Yuki

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2756 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

You know it's not really about the updates for me, but mainly because of the community on Global. Two words ~ Global sucks.

Well I agree with you 100% on that. Global people are mean and suck. Theres been times where I've gotten so mad because of rude scamming people I've thought of quitting. I am a person who is nice and doesn't scam / hack though. I just learned to deal with the stupid idiots on Global.
I'm gone. Stephen decided to be a love and delete my topic with my goodbyes so sorry everyone but goodbye.

#27 MrsSimpson

MrsSimpson

boxmstr9021

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1128 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:23 PM

Well I agree with you 100% on that. Global people are mean and suck. Theres been times where I've gotten so mad because of rude scamming people I've thought of quitting. I am a person who is nice and doesn't scam / hack though. I just learned to deal with the stupid idiots on Global.

I've learnt to deal with them as well, it's just that there's no point in dealing with it if I don't enjoy playing Global, I prefer jMS much more.

#28 Yuki

Yuki

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2756 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

I've learnt to deal with them as well, it's just that there's no point in dealing with it if I don't enjoy playing Global, I prefer jMS much more.

I can't lie... JMS is a wonderful place with Wonderful people but soon its not gonna be like that. Everyone is gonna start joining JMS and its gonna become a horrid community. I mean english people envade JMS and speak english and they don't know what your saying. I'm already sick looking at some of things english people on JMS do. Hacking, Swearing, Harrassing the Japanese is English. I mean how do you think they feel when your ksing or defaming them and they don't even know why or what your saying?

Edited by YukiKun411, 18 January 2006 - 08:31 PM.

#29 MrsSimpson

MrsSimpson

boxmstr9021

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1128 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:36 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, but it's unfair for people like us who don't act like jerks to the jMS community.
The hackers and that have to ruin it for all of us.

#30 Yuki

Yuki

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2756 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, but it's unfair for people like us who don't act like jerks to the jMS community.
The hackers and that have to ruin it for all of us.

Well Global is slowing improving... I barely see hacks anymore... Can't say the people are any nicer but yah. On here there a group of people that I don't mind if they play JMS... You, Pun, Simpson, etc. But most other people make me roll my eyes when I see they play JMS. And sadly most people on here think they'll be cool if they play JMS cause they'll be with the cool mods / members of MT. News Flash. Just because they're well known members that play JMS doesn't mean you gotta follow them.

The thing after News Flash isn't directed at you ChocolateBoi. Its a general statement.

Edited by YukiKun411, 18 January 2006 - 08:56 PM.

#31 Therealtahu

Therealtahu

Martian Tofu, from beyond the grave...

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2962 posts
  • IGN:None

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

The thing after News Flash isn't directed at you ChocolateBoi. Its a general statement.

Choco had jMS before and something screwed up. >_> To tell you the truth, I started out at mapleglobal.com and did everything from links >_> and translators >_> It's Ultra easy >_>

Historic Links
SaveMTOrange.jpg
The current forum killed it, but at least Warrior's Pride died too.

Personal MT Links
Pixel Edits

#32 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts
  • IGN:SunMage

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:15 PM

My question still applies.
If I speak Japanese and am a very polite respected person in global, do I still have permission to play?
No, I'm NOT following the mods, kaede has a majority of english speaking people I can go to for translation help. So it works for me, Ive seen pun and simpson on once but never talked to them

So can I still play if its helping me in school? (scammers should die I agree, I'm pissed at them too for ruining our rep)
Cleric/Priest Guide<<<<still a good resource!
Posted Image
Sig: ychamp------Avatar: Tichy
SunMage-level 118 priest --RIP in question
Koyoku-level 63 spearman --RIP

Quit MS but I'm semi back with no friends on the server. (Scania) Don't know if i'll be playing a ton though.

To all members I knew: it was a truly memorable experience to get to know all of you through this. I personally hope you all have great experience while walking on the beaten path of life.

#33 Aeladya

Aeladya

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

I would love to play JMS, because I am tired of being harassed on Global, but I do not know that much Japanese. I do not like the way people hack or spam either, but unfortuneatley we have to deal with it. I totally agree with Pun. Even if you learn to speak the language it's not fair for you to play on their game. I think if you don't have any Japanese blood in you, you should get the heck off of their version. Japan does not invade our version so we should not invade theirs. But if you are Japanese and you live in America I think you should be allowed to play in the Japanese version as long as you speak the language. Anyone else should not be allowed on their version. Well I've said what I had to say. Sayonara.-Aeladya
IPB Image

#34 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:09 AM

Just because people are Japanese dosen't mean that they don't hack either. So because I love the Japanese culture and the language means that I DONT get to play the game dosen't really seem fair to me. I should get the heck off jms even though I'm not japanese....well you shouldnt judge all people the same way, because I might not be just one of those people.

And this may seem unbelievable, but My mom is half Japanese=I am 1/4 (3/4 danish, its a weird mix, my grandpa is danish and my grandma is Japanese, just dont ask.....)

Don't think that you've fallen into that predicament....
Still wondering if its approparate...
Posted Image

Quit MS but I'm semi back with no friends on the server. (Scania) Don't know if i'll be playing a ton though.

To all members I knew: it was a truly memorable experience to get to know all of you through this. I personally hope you all have great experience while walking on the beaten path of life.

#35 Judgment

Judgment

I have failed at being human.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2487 posts
  • IGN:Thalid

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:14 AM

My question still applies.
If I speak Japanese and am a very polite respected person in global, do I still have permission to play?
No, I'm NOT following the mods, kaede has a majority of english speaking people I can go to for translation help. So it works for me, Ive seen pun and simpson on once but never talked to them

So can I still play if its helping me in school? (scammers should die I agree, I'm pissed at them too for ruining our rep)

No.

Even if you're 100% fluent in the language and you respect ALL of the MS communities, you don't have the right to play JMS. As Aeladya said, you're NOT a legal resident of Japan. Just because you speak a language, it doesn't "make" you of that certain culture.
The WK is still far from dead, albeit still barely alive.

WoW: US|Detheroc|Alliance Horde |Thallid Censtranomic|Paladin
You can thank Faction Transfers for that.

#36 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:44 AM

And this may seem unbelievable, but My mom is half Japanese=I am 1/4 (3/4 danish, its a weird mix, my grandpa is danish and my grandma is Japanese, just dont ask.....)

That statement is true, I can't change who I am.
I guess my school is doing something "illigal?" then. I got started in JMS due to my school's program to interact with Japanese people. Apparintely, my selected person played ms so we connected through that. Now I talk to that person over JMS to learn about his culture and daily activities. He also speaks English well enough to translate some things, so its fun to see him again in the game!

And yet I still can't play according to you guys, this is unfair!
Posted Image

#37 Judgment

Judgment

I have failed at being human.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2487 posts
  • IGN:Thalid

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:48 AM

And yet I still can't play according to you guys, this is unfair!

Life is unfair. There are many ways to deal with it, some good, and some bad.

But seriously, just because you SAY that you're Japanese by blood, it doesn't give you the right to play JMS. Look at the registration forms. Do you notice something?
The WK is still far from dead, albeit still barely alive.

WoW: US|Detheroc|Alliance Horde |Thallid Censtranomic|Paladin
You can thank Faction Transfers for that.

#38 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:55 AM

Ok, then ill get an F in Japanese, thanks for your support. We can't write letters, but we can email, of corse there is a different email system in japan so its really hard to do such things as that. We can talk on the phone, but I sure as hell don't know the number of my guy.

Yah, thats all the ways you could have stopped that one.
I can't do anything else about it.

I think if you don't have any Japanese blood in you, you should get the heck off of their version. Japan does not invade our version so we should not invade theirs. But if you are Japanese and you live in America I think you should be allowed to play in the Japanese version as long as you speak the language. Anyone else should not be allowed on their version. Well I've said what I had to say. Sayonara.-Aeladya

And I'm not?

Edited by greenstriker64, 21 January 2006 - 12:56 AM.

Posted Image

#39 Yoruichi

Yoruichi

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • IGN:Serabi

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

Do you play jMS? I hope this isn't breaking a rule... :ghost:
Oh, aaand...if there's a chat room for jMS-related stuffs, how come there isn't one for kMS and all the different forms. :/
Wait a minute. I get the feeling this is off-topic.

Edited by Yoruichi, 22 January 2006 - 08:26 PM.

#40 Notoday

Notoday

~~~~

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1749 posts
  • IGN:~~~~

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

Life is unfair. There are many ways to deal with it, some good, and some bad.

But seriously, just because you SAY that you're Japanese by blood, it doesn't give you the right to play JMS. Look at the registration forms. Do you notice something?

Who are you to tell people what they can and cannot do?

He is respectful to the japanese players. He cares about the community. He doesn't hack. He wants to play there almost more for educational reasons than entertainment.

Conclusion: Get off his back.

Your arguments are petty and make little to no sense. PLEASE find something else to spend your time on.

Edit: I have another point. Glory, why haven't I seen any of your posts about getting people off jMS directed at some of the mods and higher characters? They play jMS without living in Japan. They have also "invaded" the Japanese community as you put it. Does the fact that their numbers are higher change that? No. Using your logic, any non-japanese person is STRICTLY unallowed to play (and may God strike them down if they do!)

So, why haven't you told them your views about their actions?

Edited by notoday, 22 January 2006 - 08:47 PM.

Vasserstoffmolekülions!
-has quit Maplestory.
x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users