#41 Tichondrius

Tichondrius

HELP, MY NAME IS HOPELESS AND I'M STUCK IN TICH'S BODY

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 8473 posts
  • IGN:Frawr

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:29 AM

SB is limited to 6?

How weird. I thought I could splash across more than that.

I mean, vaccers choose warriors for a reason, right? Otherwise they'd all be like. IL mages or something.

Warriors pay off better. I mean, why else would we be hybrid spearmen?

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#42 Spydah

Spydah

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 881 posts
  • IGN:Spearman

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

Touche, Hopeless.

I died today :( so I'm still at 54. Losing heart.

QUOTE(George Bernard Shaw)
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Thanks to Keo for banner!

#43 Tichondrius

Tichondrius

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 8473 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:35 PM

I hit 69 today ^_^

Might be 70 tomorrow or the day after :o

#44 Spydah

Spydah

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

I hit 69 today ^_^

Might be 70 tomorrow or the day after :o

So fast! nice, nice.

I think I will try for DK by may.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

#45 strikerx2

strikerx2

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • IGN:dfdsds

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

hey hopeless i was wondering for ur stats per level are they base totals or am i supose to go after str and dex items aswell? just wanna make sure.

#46 Spydah

Spydah

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:59 PM

hey hopeless i was wondering for ur stats per level are they base totals or am i supose to go after str and dex items aswell? just wanna make sure.

They're base totals.

In general, use Str items, though you should keep a well-scrolled dex overall on hand.

#47 strikerx2

strikerx2

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • IGN:dfdsds

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:18 AM

oh yea i was also wondering is it better to get the items for the appropriate level or scroll lower lvl items...and i see some ppl with scrolled overalls whys that please explain thanks.

#48 Spydah

Spydah

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:21 AM

oh yea i was also wondering is it better to get the items for the appropriate level or scroll lower lvl items...and i see some ppl with scrolled overalls whys that please explain thanks.

Well, it's best to get items that are your level. So at 5X, you will have level 50 armor, etc.

The reason warriors keep the level 30/35 overalls, and scroll them, is for dexterity purposes.

Passing a 10% dex overall scroll grants 5 dexterity, 3 accuracy, and 1 speed. There's no 10% dex scrolls for topwear and bottomwear, which is why you use overalls - they're the only body armor you can scroll for dexterity.

At level 80, you get the Battle Lord/Empress overalls, and you can replace the old level 30/35 ones. But from 35-80, most warriors keep a +2 or +3 10% dex overall in the inventory, for accuracy purposes.

#49 Tichondrius

Tichondrius

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 8473 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:01 PM

Yep.

You can scroll a Dark Crusader if you don't mind missing 2 accuracy from the Blue Crusader. While it may seem to make sense to use 100%s at first, think like this..
10 x 100% scrolls = 10 DEX = 5 ACC
1 x 10% scroll = 5 DEX + 3 ACC = 11 DEX.

So passing even 2 x 10% owns a 100% scrolled.

#50 Tyrant

Tyrant

The True Koala

• Respected Member
  • 2088 posts
  • IGN:Eucalypti

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

Its cool... but not provoking enough. Its saying that Polearms may be better in 2nd job, but I will OWN with a pure Spearman when it comes to 3rd job. So now I ask, why should I be hybrid when I'll grind my way through 2nd job and have an amazing spearman? What will be better in the future as a hybrid when PA becomes useless compared to spears?

#51 Chronicle

Chronicle

:: Windian ::

• Official Member
  • 2717 posts
  • IGN:Chronicle

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:16 PM

Its cool... but not provoking enough. Its saying that Polearms may be better in 2nd job, but I will OWN with a pure Spearman when it comes to 3rd job. So now I ask, why should I be hybrid when I'll grind my way through 2nd job and have an amazing spearman? What will be better in the future as a hybrid when PA becomes useless compared to spears?

Polearms are much stronger through 2nd Job, Spears are stronger 3rd Job. That is the whole basis around the Hybrid Build. As i've said in other threads FA is really useless.

Edited by Chronicle, 17 March 2006 - 02:17 PM.

Posted Image
- Windia - Chronicle - 12x -

#52 Tyrant

Tyrant

The True Koala

• Respected Member
  • 2088 posts
  • IGN:Eucalypti

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:20 PM

Wait... What about Spear DFury and PA Buster?

Edited by Razor Edge, 18 March 2006 - 03:35 PM.

#53 Spydah

Spydah

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:04 PM

Wait... What about Spear DFury and PA Buster?

Spear DFury is forced swing, which means that it will do less damage - spears do more stabbing damage, yada yada.

It has uses, though - v. fast, HUGE range, so you can lure with Spear DFury and then kill with Spear Buster. So 1 point.

As for PA buster, there is no application whatsoever. Shorter range, fewer targets, and polearm stabbing does bad damage.

#54 Tichondrius

Tichondrius

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 8473 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

I restarted again day before yesterday, as I got OMT to DK. Learned a very important lesson.. FIRST POINT BLOODY WELL GOES IN Dragon Fury: Polearm OR YOU BLOODY WELL REGRET IT ^_^

Anyways, Brett is putting a point in Dfury when he hits 71 tonight. Well, hopefully more than one... Lvl 10 Dfury is 170%, so easier training.

#55 Spydah

Spydah

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:48 PM

I restarted again day before yesterday, as I got OMT to DK. Learned a very important lesson.. FIRST POINT BLOODY WELL GOES IN Dragon Fury: Polearm OR YOU BLOODY WELL REGRET IT ^_^

Anyways, Brett is putting a point in Dfury when he hits 71 tonight. Well, hopefully more than one... Lvl 10 Dfury is 170%, so easier training.

Why D.Fury Polearm for first point?

You can just continue with PowerStrike and Slashblast for five levels... I WAS thinking about ~10-20 DFury and then start Buster, but I decided against it. I mean, it's 80% damage, lvl 1 D.Fury. Is the speed/range that great?

#56 Tichondrius

Tichondrius

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 8473 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:04 PM

Why D.Fury Polearm for first point?

You can just continue with PowerStrike and Slashblast for five levels... I WAS thinking about ~10-20 DFury and then start Buster, but I decided against it. I mean, it's 80% damage, lvl 1 D.Fury. Is the speed/range that great?

Yea, the speed + range means you easily train at lusters, making money quickly. I'll get lvl 10 before Buster on my new char.

#57 Awakened1

Awakened1

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Bob352

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:46 PM

Yea, the speed + range means you easily train at lusters, making money quickly. I'll get lvl 10 before Buster on my new char.

Should i go with Polearm Fury or Spear Fury?

#58 Tichondrius

Tichondrius

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 8473 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

Polearm Fury if you has 19 - 20 polearm mastey, if not, get Spear Fury if you really must >_<

Makes my sad to see people using Dfury: Spear though :(

#59 Spydah

Spydah

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

Polearm Fury if you has 19 - 20 polearm mastey, if not, get Spear Fury if you really must >_<

Makes my sad to see people using Dfury: Spear though :(

Why? I'm getting a point into DFury Spear, for the luring aspect.

~Spid

#60 Tichondrius

Tichondrius

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 8473 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:09 AM

Why? I'm getting a point into DFury Spear, for the luring aspect.

~Spid

I meant as a training skill, beatig pepes over the head with a spear repeatedly...

That was actually kinda funny, he was only doing 2 - 3k per hit, lol(He said he maxed Dfury: Spear)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users