- Don't deny it; Norton Anti-Virus doesn't delete the viruses. You scan your computer, and not only does it not find all the viruses, but it finds thing that AREN'T viruses. Not only that, but it also wont delete viruses. I get messages saying "Virus found", and so I click Delete Virus. What do I get? I get "Could not delete." Can you tell me how it cannot delete a file? I have to manually delete the sucker, because Norton wont. It thinks everything that sends even a ping to another server is a worm, and somehow it thinks Gaim is a trojan. My suggestion, get Avast! Antivirus. Its free, and does it's job better than Norton. I suggest buying the pro version of avast!, but free works too.
- Internet Explorer S.U.C.K.S! There are barely any plugins, its as secure as a $100 bill in front of a hobo, and it crashes a lot. There are other web browsers that are mostly free. Firefox is my personal favorite. It has hundreds if not thousands of plugins, tabbed browsing, more options, crashes much less than IE. Firefox may not have ActiveX or other IE features, but there is a plugin called IE tab with opens Internet Explorer in a Firefox tab. That certainly gives IE a slap in the face.
- Microsoft Office crash a lot, waste all your RAM, AND cost you a fortune, but, you don't have to have that hassle. My dear friend OpenOffice is a free version of Microsoft office. It has at least 90% of Microsoft Office's features, has some of its own features, is compatible with ALL other Microsoft Office files (so you can open a Spreadsheet made with Excel in OpenOffice), and it has some other applications not found in Microsoft Office. It is not as automated as Microsoft Office, but it saves you $150+ dollars while only costing you 5 minutes more on something.
- For only $100, you can keep your computer data safer, and every so often, make your computer bran new. First go out and get yourself an External Harddrive (200GB is good). Next transfer all important data, end even unimportant data, to the Harddrive. Do this often, and when the time comes when you have too much adware, too much spyware, too many viruses, your computer is as slow as a snail, and you have so many useless programs that you just cannot stand it, do this: Gather all the disks for the programs you need, get the disks for your drivers, then find the reinstallation disk that came with your computer. Pop that in your computer, and do a clean install on your computer. It will be 100%, good as new. Just transfer any data you use a lot to your clean harddrive, and reinstall all your programs again. I do this every few months, and my computer is always at lightning speeds.
- Free = Good. There are plenty of computer-oriented people on this site. If you want to get a program such as DVD burning software, just ask. There are loads of free programs that can do just as good, or even better than the expensive products. If you don't ask, just Google it, you would be surprised how many usefull and free products there are; just look at MapleStory!
- Give your computer a makeover! People now use computers all the time. You should at least make it look better when you are on. You can get programs such as WindowBlinds to make your computer look origonal (PM me for a full version). If you are a Mac fan, download a Mac skin, and get some programs to make your Windows run like a Macintosh. You have probably seen the cool MS cursors two members have released. Well why not go a few steps further and make everything look cooler, not just your cursor.
- More later.......
http://getfirefox.com/ - Firefox
http://www.avast.com/ - avast! Antivirus
http://openoffice.org/ - OpenOffice
http://www.stardock....s/windowblinds/ - WindowBlinds
http://winmatrix.com/ - Great for giving your computer a cool look
http://osx.portraitofakite.com/ - Transforms your Windows computer into a Mac