40 replies to this topic

#1 dzfhjsdfjhg

dzfhjsdfjhg

A Rather Morbid Fascination.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1868 posts
  • IGN:=w=

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:47 PM

Ok, some of you may be experiencing lag when using your computer because of gigabytes of junk files in your hardrive. In this thread, I will list two programs you can use to free your hardrive of gigabytes of junk files. Trust me, I used this once and I deleted about...... 4.06 gigabytes of junk.

Beware! T3H Toilet of DOOM! - http://www.stevengou...p/CleanUp40.exe ( You'll see why I called it the Toilet of Doom soon enough, anyhow I recomend you use this as it deeply cleans out the junk.

The very crappy junk deleter - http://www.filehippo...17b55735ecda2d/
( I really don't reconmend you guys using this, it doesn't deeply clean out junk files, just some, this is for people who hate waiting. )

By the way, The Toilet of Doom only takes about, 40-50 seconds to delete EVERY junk file, while the CCleaner only cleans out some in about..... 10 seconds. :f7:

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 motion

motion

MapleTip supporter

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2266 posts
  • IGN:-None-

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:16 PM

Im scared to download these. I might get a virus!

#3 ChibiBaka

ChibiBaka

Daydreamer

• Respected Member
  • 2150 posts
  • IGN:N/A

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:34 PM

You worry to much man the first one is from the How to i posted :f7: . dunno about the 2nd one

#4 dzfhjsdfjhg

dzfhjsdfjhg

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1868 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:16 PM

There isn't alot of MapleTIP members who would upload files that they haven't virus scannned. Plus, do you seriously think they would contain a virus? If so, just scan them and see if they do. :f7:

#5 Notoday

Notoday

~~~~

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1749 posts
  • IGN:~~~~

Posted 25 December 2005 - 02:40 PM

I just figured this would be helpful.
I downloaded the CleanUp! software onto my laptop, ran the program, and restarted my computer. The piece of crap deleted some of my windows files! Now the wireless internet doesn't work, pictures won't show, toolbars have been deleted, control panel has exploded, and the laptop is beyond destroyed. I will probably have to do a system restore in order for it to ever work again.
I warn you to not use this project. This deletion of vital files wasnt random, so it had to be the program that did this. Luckily it was only half a year of information I'm losing, but that's still a lot of stuff to reinstall, etc.
RIP Lappy December, 25, 2005.

Vasserstoffmolekülions!
-has quit Maplestory.
x

#6 dzfhjsdfjhg

dzfhjsdfjhg

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1868 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:35 PM

I downloaded the CleanUp! software onto my laptop, ran the program, and restarted my computer. The piece of crap deleted some of my windows files! Now the wireless internet doesn't work, pictures won't show, toolbars have been deleted, control panel has exploded, and the laptop is beyond destroyed. I will probably have to do a system restore in order for it to ever work again.
I warn you to not use this project. This deletion of vital files wasnt random, so it had to be the program that did this. Luckily it was only half a year of information I'm losing, but that's still a lot of stuff to reinstall, etc.

Lol, that's quite funny, missing toolbars? Missing windows files? CleanUp doesn't do that to me, must be your computer. Trust me, it did nothing like that to me. :f7:

#7 DeathZ

DeathZ

Gatekeeper

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3289 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:45 PM

Im using it right now...I hope it doesn't delete my good stuff =[
Zeco pl0x

#8 Notoday

Notoday

~~~~

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1749 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:55 PM

I'm dead serious, I dunno what happened, but everything was gone. I had to do a system restore afterwards :(
I don't use anything else that would delete stuff from my computer and I'm very careful about things I download so it's not a virus. Apparently I wasn't careful enough v_v

No clue why it only happened to me, but I am warning everyone just so they know the risks.

Vasserstoffmolekülions!
-has quit Maplestory.
x

#9 dzfhjsdfjhg

dzfhjsdfjhg

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1868 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 07:03 PM

I'm dead serious, I dunno what happened, but everything was gone. I had to do a system restore afterwards :(
I don't use anything else that would delete stuff from my computer and I'm very careful about things I download so it's not a virus. Apparently I wasn't careful enough v_v

No clue why it only happened to me, but I am warning everyone just so they know the risks.

Man, I dunno what's wrong with your comp, but mine just works fine. :f7:

#10 DeathZ

DeathZ

Gatekeeper

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3289 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 07:21 PM

It worked for me =]
Zeco pl0x

#11 dzfhjsdfjhg

dzfhjsdfjhg

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1868 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:23 PM

It worked for me =]

Well, there you have it folks. :)

#12 Notoday

Notoday

~~~~

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1749 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:40 AM

I know, it's obviously something rare, or maybe this program just hates me for some reason o_o

Vasserstoffmolekülions!
-has quit Maplestory.
x

#13 dzfhjsdfjhg

dzfhjsdfjhg

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1868 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

I know, it's obviously something rare, or maybe this program just hates me for some reason o_o

Try using CCleaner instead. :)

#14 VendingMachine

VendingMachine

Permanently banned.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2041 posts
  • IGN:-I quit-

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:11 AM

i tried this on a "hotel" PC checked all the important stuff if this computer was my and it delete nothin but the junk. the good thing is it DELETED 800MB OMG

i cant wait to used this on my PC because mine PC=CRAP
9GB on C drive (total)
9GB on D drive (total) :(
RIGHT NOW I HAVE
2GB left on C drive
7GB left on D drive

#15 Tich

Tich

Tide Warden

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 9428 posts
  • IGN:TIIIIIIIIICH SHOWAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:04 AM

I did that and it deleted 4 GB worth of junk files wheras most of them were within my idiotic brothers files.

olic1.jpg
Knowledge is power and I... know a lot.

#16 Seksi Beast

Seksi Beast

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • IGN:Seksi Beast

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:13 PM

lmfao u did the thorough cleanup didnt u? that fully erases files
(\__/)
(*,.,*)
(>__)>
/_|_\ rwar. O,.,o
--------------------
We fear that which we cannot see. | <-- You don't see me, so you'd better ph34r me |
We respect that which we cannot see.
Thus the blade will be wielded.

"There is a difference between justice and revenge. Justice is doing the right thing but revenge is just to make yourself feel better in a selfish way"

"'Promise' is not a word, 'Promise' is an oath. A promise made is an oath taken."

"If I have to step on helpless people's necks to get things done, I will do it. No doubt, and that sir, makes me a jackass"
--------------------
save MT orange! help decide its fate!

protest against the MT orange skin being deleted! we can make a difference!

Help spread the infection, put this in your sig/avatar.

#17 Soroku

Soroku

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • IGN:Mekeo

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:50 PM

it freed 1.9 GB, thanks :D
Mekeo-level 60 hunter, broa- Active, Let the countdown to level 70 begin !

TwinbIades- level 38 bandit, khaini- on sometimes..

Zen01-level 33 fighter, Windia- hardly ever active...

#18 ChibiBaka

ChibiBaka

Daydreamer

• Respected Member
  • 2150 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:23 PM

It cleans ALL temp files lol just to warn you

#19 Reiv

Reiv

Evil Penguin

• Official Member
  • 427 posts
  • IGN:Rive

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:00 AM

Cleaned up 5.3 gig

wowzah

All secret agents love fame

#20 TKDGOD150

TKDGOD150

Wild Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • IGN:Sargas

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:28 AM

The easist way to free up space is to clear all the previous "System Restore" points made by Windows XP. Windows reseveres a ridiculious amount of the HDD (hard disk drive or hard drive), mine was like 5-10%. If you use the disk cleanup that comes with the Windows system, and clear all the previous restore point except the newest one (assuming that your computer is running fine currently) it will easily clear like 500MB to at least a GB. Getting rid of some useless programs easily gives you more space. Like on the Dell computers they come with like "how to use Windows XP" or tax programs. Unless your parents use them, I'd get rid of them. Your a kid, your not going to be doing taxes for a while. Some simple things are defragging HDD, delete your trash in your trash can :f3: and deleting temp files. I personally delete my temp internet files/cookies everyonce in a while. Usually you wouldn't need other programs to help clean up your computer.
IPB Image

Scania:
Class: Ice/Lighting Mage (on hold since MS is boring to me right now)
IGN: Sargas
Lvl: 43

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.-G-Man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users