SoG

Wild Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • IGN:MTSoG

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:19 PM

few questions...
~do you regain mp from mp-eater when you use HA or Shinnig Ray?
~what are other atk/moves besides heal and claw that regains mp from mp-eater
(i think you should include answers in mp-eater section of guide)
[i think you should also include that heal can only heal 5 monsters at a time (correct me if im wrong) in the heal section of your guide]
~does claw get weaker as you get higher lvl...is that why people say to get HA?
(another thing i think you should include is that bless does dont stack)
pls advise
ty

good job and good luck

Edited by SoG, 14 November 2005 - 11:22 PM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#22 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts
  • IGN:SunMage

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:38 AM

~do you regain mp from mp-eater when you use HA or Shinnig Ray?
yes, if you attack a monster with ha or shining ray. and it only works a certain percent of the time too.

~what are other atk/moves besides heal and claw that regains mp from mp-eater (i think you should include answers in mp-eater section of guide)
well i think that most people know that only active attacks, or magic attacks that do dmg to anything use mp eater, as its stated in the definition. Ill add that thanks for the tip. (im forgetful alot of the time)

[i think you should also include that heal can only heal 5 monsters at a time (correct me if im wrong) in the heal section of your guide]
yes, true, thanks for the reminder.

~does claw get weaker as you get higher lvl...is that why people say to get HA?
basicially thats true, ive watched a video with a 113 lvl priest does claw in one screen, and ha in another (ha to a non undead monster, or a normal monster) ha does 3k while claw does 2k. even though the difference is very slight, it makes a difference in speed also. ha is about twice as fast as shining ray. thats why some people go for arrow at lvl 50-70, because it helps their lvling, and attacking a wide varity of monsters helps their experince with the game.

(another thing i think you should include is that bless does dont stack)
does dont? ok confused by that notion. bless does stack. it stacks with everything infact. the only thing it dosent stack with is if you use a pot like a mage pot or a warrior pot.

Edit: yea your right, bless and armor don't stack, need to add, ty!

--Infact, bless nullifies rages ability of -10 def and turns it into 20, which is an addition of 30 def. this is why some fighters like a max blessed cleric to party with them (also for the added accuracy). Infact, I'm doing that right now with a lvl 64 fighter, he loves it.
Hope that answers your questions!

EDIT: and now i just read Blades' comments. Tele dosent have to be maxed, 1 is sufficiant enought FOR ECAPING, not for moving around everywhere. and when is a 90 base attack good? when your training on lucidias--(shining ray at 1 is base 60*1.5=90) at lvl 70, thats only 1600 dmg! (estimate) when its maxed its an attack of 158! (105*1.5) yes thats more than a fire mage! does about 4k-5k at lvl 80. this is why solo clerics should max shining first.

another point is that holy symbol dosent work well (dont know how well, i just kno that it dosent work 100% of the time) with 1 person using the spell on his/herself. thats why you max it after shining ray.

Dosent dispel have a success rate, so if i didnt max, i would have to cast it again. Oh no??

summoning rocks are 5k ea. i have 100 stored for 3rd job. =D

sry for sounding harsh, I was not trying to be! XD My apologies if I did, just the way i write perhaps...

and also sry for like the longest post ever, just needed to answer those questions.

keep 'em coming. XP 0,..,o

Edited by greenstriker64, 15 November 2005 - 01:49 AM.

Cleric/Priest Guide<<<<still a good resource!
Posted Image
Sig: ychamp------Avatar: Tichy
SunMage-level 118 priest --RIP in question
Koyoku-level 63 spearman --RIP

Quit MS but I'm semi back with no friends on the server. (Scania) Don't know if i'll be playing a ton though.

To all members I knew: it was a truly memorable experience to get to know all of you through this. I personally hope you all have great experience while walking on the beaten path of life.

#23 SoG

SoG

Wild Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:18 AM

thx for your replies
about the bless thing...i was referring to bless and armor...but i guess that doesnt matter since people usually put sp in guard

#24 Informerman

Informerman

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • IGN:HelandeKraft

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:49 AM

Okay, I've made my decision now, I will max HA, and leave teleport at 1.
Sure, I may have a hard time at zombies with only 1 in teleport, but what can you do?

Since I will not remake my cleric for the sake of leveling up faster, I will stick to this method.

First max bless, then invincible then finish eater then I go for HA.

So we'll see how it works out.

Thanks so much again greenstriker64!

Best wishes//HelandeKraft

Edited by Informerman, 15 November 2005 - 10:49 AM.

#25 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:17 PM

Thank you all for taking my suggestions about this. I really respect that.

I just added pictures, do u guys like?
(I think I might be imposing a picture limit)

Not sure wether to add more because of space, and it might be a little distracting to the guide, but some of us are visual learners.
Give me feedback on this!
Posted Image

Quit MS but I'm semi back with no friends on the server. (Scania) Don't know if i'll be playing a ton though.

To all members I knew: it was a truly memorable experience to get to know all of you through this. I personally hope you all have great experience while walking on the beaten path of life.

#26 Shadoww

Shadoww

Cargo

• Banned
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:None

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

Nice. Very. Nice. Lotsa work, great result! Ah... choppy sentences. Sorry. Anyways, I know the time it takes to write a guide (especially graphic making ones for people who can't even minimize a window) so this must've taken a long time. Keep up the great job!

Edit- I would fame you in MS, but my only real charas are in Broa.

Edited by Shadoww, 17 November 2005 - 08:55 PM.

IPB Image

Donate for name change plox?

#27 Hurt

Hurt

Professional

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2600 posts
  • IGN:Not OMS anymore :D

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:25 AM

Why HA as party cleric? Shouldn't you wait for SR?

#28 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:06 AM

Because from lvl 50-70 when you fight devil/undead monsters with ur party, ull have an advantage. and have you ever used mp eater in a party? Its kind of useless, lol.

Also the fact that when you get to 70, ur not maxing shining ray right away, your going for symbol, which is what you really want for your party.

and THANK YOU SO MUCH MRSIMPSON FOR PINNING THIS.

Mucho love <3

So happy XD.
Posted Image

#29 Informerman

Informerman

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • IGN:HelandeKraft

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:14 AM

Great job on getting your guide pinned greenstriker! Congratulations!

And now for some more "serious" issues regarding my cleric's SP.

I've calculated that I wont be able to MAX my HA, because I will max bless, that will take 2 more levels, then I will go for Invincible, which currently is just level 5, so thats 5 more levels, then i will be level 57 and then I still have To put 10 SP in to eater. And that is 3 More levels.

SUMMARY: Bless: 5 more SP MAX lvl 52 1 SP left, put that on Invincible, then I have 6 on invincible then i have to wait another 5 levels and then it will be MAX and I will be level 57 , and 1 SP goes to MP eater, which will be 11 and then I will need 3 more levels and then it will be MAX and I will be level 60.

And then.. HA needs 30 SP to be maxed and from levels 60 to 70 I get 30 SP to spend. Oh, never mind.

Miscalculation by me.

It will work out! :D

Thanks again greenstriker!

#30 Zenassis

Zenassis

Lycanthrope

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1351 posts
  • IGN:-

Posted 19 November 2005 - 05:18 AM

Woot nice guide, it's finally been stickied

#31 Yureru_dav

Yureru_dav

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Kuropi

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

Quick question!
Can we simply max out everything except teleport because you can be both solo cleric and party cleric in the same time? But do we have some mp trouble because of the 60 mp that the teleport uses in the later levels?

#32 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:19 PM

I frankly believe in using pots, which is why I'm not a fan of mp eater. Teleport is good in later lvls too because every1 needs you to heal in their range. You need a quick way of preventing their death, because thats what your responsible for in a party. Teleporting for a solo mage is good because it helps in long maps with lots of enemies. (like the zombie maps, and the tower maps) so you will actually gain experience FASTER if you can move around quicker, this is why most sins/bandits lvl quickly after they max haste and booster. Speed is an important factor to take account in the game!
Posted Image

#33 SoG

SoG

Wild Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:07 AM

congrats on getting your guide pinned

#34 Cheesy

Cheesy

Werewolf

• Official Member
  • 1075 posts
  • IGN:Cheesy

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:20 AM

Heal's skill description is wrong. It doesn't heal in %, the amount healed depends on your INT.
am bak biches!!!!111

#35 Pyrotic

Pyrotic

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • IGN:d4rkfuryy

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:53 AM

Hi, im new to maple tip forums and im a cleric...
i was jw how my skill build should go and this guide helped
a bunch. So thanks for that!

Im debating wether i should be a party cleric or a diversive cleric.
...and a question i have is if its better to party up rather than
go diversive.

Thanks for the help...and btw great guide! :wiz:

Edited by Pyrotic, 20 November 2005 - 06:53 AM.

#36 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:23 PM

Cheesy--I was reffering to when YOUR IN A PARTY, you heal 300% of your hp to every party member around you. Healing is dependant on the amount of int and magic attack you have only when your attacking undead monsters. Ill make a note of it.

Pyrotic--Party clerics lvl very slow from lvls 30-70 but when your a priest who has holy symbol, your gonna lvl like a madman.
Diverse clerics do steady lvling because they swich from solo to party alot. From lvls 30-120 your going at a steady lvling pace.
and just for reference, solo clerics lvl very quickly from lvls 30-70, but solo priests lack lvling after lvl 70 because they dont go in parties much.

Basicially Holy Symbol is one of the most useful skills in the game for a priest.

Thanks for the props guys!
Posted Image

#37 mizark

mizark

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • IGN:mizark

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:58 PM

If MP eater is so useful even at one point (as in your diverse cleric), why not throw a point on it even earlier, say lvl 36?

#38 greenstriker

greenstriker

Ninja-Mod

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2579 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:56 AM

We all were noobs once, I was inexperienced at that time so, and I didnt know mp eater was a passive skill. I put 1 into it at lvl 40, but yes it is better to put 1 in mp eater earlier because it saves you pot money. What I did there is my diverse cleric, a diverse cleric has different ways of the order they put points in. My only recommendation is that max at least 5 our of your 6 abilities as a cleric. Trust me, thats good advice!
Posted Image

#39 DarkKill3r

DarkKill3r

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:N/A

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:08 PM

doesn't teleport has to be kept at 1? even though it uses 60mp =(

#40 wakpark27

wakpark27

Snails