#481 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4460 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 30 September 2021 - 08:41 PM

Funny coming back two years to this...

Some of us got Dopple a hammer and now we get to see an eldritch horror that sometimes resembles code. 

Joke's on Tahu. I program for a living now.

So this post got a little bit funnier. I've had a hectic last month prepping for my first job hop. It was horrible, but I did it. Well, I say it was horrible, but it took less effort than one might expect, being that I got snatched by the first company I interviewed at. Totally undeserved "Front-end Engineer" title, here we come. :thonking:

Learning some JavaScript and bamboozling your way into a well-paying job is a pretty solid backup plan if you need one

Moral of the story: ignore haters like TAHU

Two years removed again: received a senior title, with some perks like 11% pension matching and paid time off without taking an income hit. Man could I use me some paid time off, so this is nice.

Unfortunately, I also received spontaneous invitations to conduct technical interviews, despite having no prior experience doing so, no instructions, and one day to come up with something. Fast forward, and... I indeed got dumped in to quiz these people. Good thing I prepared. Jesus Christ. Didn't want to do Trivia Night: JavaScript edition:tm: or traverse *ary tree Qs, so I ended up asking mostly philosophical softballs (it was for an architect position). While I didn't get the impression the dudes were posers, a very real problem, I hope I didn't get bamboozled. It's hard to tell the whether someone's suffering, understandably, from the performance anxiety of being called up to sing and dance for a bunch of people, or is actually BSing by superficially hitting keywords.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#482 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4460 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 22 November 2021 - 02:30 AM

No musical talent here, but listening to music sure still is one of my favourite pastimes. Even come from a wannabe-audiophile family; check out one of our living rooms bwahaha

EPVzGLQ.jpg

Every once in a while, I enjoy hanging out here and getting my VGM to either fly or be destroyed (mostly destroyed). HQ speakers have a way of amplifying the good and exposing the bad. Why so many? Well for example, if you're feeling a little more bass, you can turn on some of the bigger ones (cue Memories of Dust causing the whole couch to vibrate ooooph hohoho), or you can turn on the tube amp for a softer tone, or... well, some models are better at different things and it's really nice to have the option to tune the sound for your listening pleasure. An honest to goodness joyful hobby that I wish I could share with everyone who doesn't have a crazier setup. Like I used to think crying over music was a really silly concept but I started to understand it after going through a gauntlet of nice speakers.

Btw those little Dynaudios sitting on the brown speakers are sooo nice for their size, it's almost unbelievable. They puuuuuuunch.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users