It says:

hello
instylefit girl's
WHAT WERE YOU THANKING BUT ME PLANE.
ARE YOU GETTING ALONG GO NOT MAKE ME NERVYOUS DOING MARE

I couldn't make this up if I tried.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

f_by_nepharus-d7fbwoh.png

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#462 KabukimanNYPD

KabukimanNYPD

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

10/10 best post on forum.

#463 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

I generally stopped giving a crap about grades because a large chunk of it doesn't involve learning anything useful or interesting.

#464 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:45 AM

I met someone from MSN today. Nice fellow. He bought a deep fried Mars Bar, and ate it while I stared in horror.

Now I want to meet all of you!

#465 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

For once I met Therealtahu, even though we live in the same city. Hotpot was cool. Jamming on the Blazblue CS machine and laughing to tears was cool. (Hentai was there, too. He picked Iron Pubstomper, so I picked Pubstompumen, and we mashed keys until somebody died. It was stupid and great.)

But I realized why I don't hang out with my RL friends that often. If you're not hungry or interested in shopping, there's nothing to freaking do in Richmond. All the fun places are getting phased out by women's apparel stores. No more entertainment centres, just shops that sell purses and shoes. That Blazblue machine was part of an arcade area in a mall food court. If they could fit another clothing store there, they probably would've.

#466 Hobbes

Hobbes
  • IGN:WindHobbes

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

I havent met any MT members in person, though I'm sure there are a few that live close to Toronto. I think Fireboar lived closeby me, though.

ya.png

#467 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

I'm at 3/3 cool people. Would recommend. Maybe we can meet up one day and make that four.

#468 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

"I'm not big on graphic design," I said, once upon a time.

Oh, how things have changed. Well, all design questions are interesting, so whatever keeps 'em coming, I guess.

#469 Paper

Paper

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 895 posts
  • IGN:PaperCrafted

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

There are people still on this forum?

"Trying is the first step to failure"
-Paper

#470 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:47 PM

Yea? Why not?

#471 Therealtahu

Therealtahu

Martian Tofu, from beyond the grave...

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2962 posts
  • IGN:None

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:00 AM

Some of us got Dopple a hammer and now we get to see an eldritch horror that sometimes resembles code. 

Historic Links
SaveMTOrange.jpg
The current forum killed it, but at least Warrior's Pride died too.

Personal MT Links
Pixel Edits

#472 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:06 AM

Some of us got Dopple a hammer and now we get to see an eldritch horror that sometimes resembles code.

yUDoThis();

#473 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:11 PM

Funny coming back two years to this...

Joke's on Tahu. I program for a living now.

#474 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:37 PM

I've been trying to escape the gravitational orbit of graphic design. Well, the doing is alright, but that's as far as it goes. I've never really had a spark for graphic design -- I mean in the profession sense, not in the philosophical, "graphic design is everywhere is graphic design" sense that I sometimes talk about. Back when MapleTip still had the avatar and signature gallery subforum (whether it counts or not aside), you'd see a number of folks who enjoyed what they made, to the extent that they probably could've seen themselves pursuing graphic design further, if not professionally. I never did have a similar personal interest.

No, I don't hate it. I don't like it, either. And there are some reasons why graphic design (the profession, not the discipline) increasingly sucks.

1) People balk at paying you more than like... 40 bucks... for a piece of work. If you think that's pricey: exactly. Where I'm from, and maybe where you're from, too, $40 might let you live to see another day. $40 can also cover one month of your Adobe subscription (people do, in fact, pay for this, especially if they're going professional), so I guess there's that. What $40 ought to get is one hour of time from a freelancer -- the kind of worker with irregular income and no benefits. 

2) Following 1), this also means you compete with graphic designers from places where $40 can let them live for more than one day.

3) The bar to entry in graphic design is pretty much nonexistent, so any freelancer-apparent and their dog's mum can get in on it. Web design is going in a similar direction, with people selling other people's WordPress templates, and occasionally calling themselves 'web developers' while they're at it. Top hilarity.

4) Not so hilarious is when anything visual eventually becomes absorbed by the amorphic, ever-expanding blob that is the field of graphic design. Web design is about how the website looks, so that's graphic design, obviously. HTML/CSS is about presentation, which is web design, which is, naturally, also graphic design. UX design? Well it has 'design' in the name, so graphic design it is. (I have a friend who was hired on as a UX designer, got assigned random graphic design and marketing stuff. What's the word? "Jebaited"?) And if all these things are now graphic design, what happens to traditional, print and visual asset graphic design? Becoming less adequate, less relevant. Public perception is on a steady downward trend, and the collapse has a way of sucking in everything it touches. 

#475 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:44 AM

At work, I built this feature where you can share an 'x' to online friends, and the system lets them make a copy (so whatever friends do, it only affects their own version, and you won't see the changes). I did the UI, front end, back end, whole wazoo. Happy ending, it didn't erupt in flames when it went to production. While reviewing the feature with marketing, they said, paraphrased, So you know how in Google docs, you can see what your collaborators are typing in real time? Why isn't [our feature] like that?

Um, well... if the feature were like real time Google docs, I'd be getting paid about 2-3x what I'm currently making, or maybe, we wouldn't have gotten the demi-graphic designer to do it to begin with.

#476 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4375 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:44 AM

Essays would be in a better place if more people observed the single responsibility principle. Then we'd see a little less drivel like this course description that somebody was probably paid to write:

This course will help students develop and consolidate the skills required for and knowledge of different subjects and disciplines to solve problems, make decisions, create personal meaning, and present findings beyond the scope of a single subject or discipline. Students will apply the principles and processes of inquiry and research to effectively use a range of print, electronic, and mass media resources; to analyse historical innovations and exemplary research; and to investigate real-life situations and career opportunities in interdisciplinary endeavours. They will also assess their own cognitive and affective strategies, apply general skills in both familiar and new contexts, create innovative products, and communicate new knowledge. The paradox of living through times of great upheaval is that it offers tremendous creative opportunities for individual growth and collective change. Using an interdisciplinary approach (philosophy, psychology, sociology, politics, literature, wisdom, traditions and the arts), students will critically examine humanity’s creative possibilities and potential through an inquiry into historical and contemporary social/cultural movements.

> The paradox of living through times of great upheaval is that it offers tremendous creative opportunities for individual growth and collective change.

What's with all the unsubstantiated claims that it just takes for granted? Too busy trying to shovel more crap into the same sentence. Unfortunately, English classes tend to encourage donning these kinds of cute stilts. It's an epidemic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users