#1 Stephen

Stephen

Brrr!

• MapleTip Webmaster
  • 12226 posts
  • IGN:AimingHigh

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:25 PM

Hi fellow MapleTippers -

It's been over 17 years since MapleTip first started in 2004 and it has helped shape many people's lives. The community in the MapleTip forums, the laughs we had in MapleStory, the Maple Dynasty Guild, and Teamspeak servers all helped to form long lasting friendships and discussions.

Over the past several years, I have continued to maintain and keep up the MapleTip forums to preserve past discussions, rekindle friendships, and continue to hold discussions with long time members. However, the forums, server, and infrastructure are aging and requires complex upkeep including keeping up with new changes browser technology, regulations, and other privacy concerns from members.

As we have all grown significantly over the past years, it's been harder to find time to maintain the forums. Therefore, in January 2022, the MapleTip forums will be shut down. MapleTip.com will continue to operate with references to the forums removed.

Until then, you will continue to have access to the forums, archive memories that you may want to keep and perhaps even reconnect with old friends in the unofficial MapleTip Oldies discord channel.

Additionally, if there is any interest, there is a possibility replacing the current forum with a brand new Discourse forum. As this should be significantly easier to maintain, if there's interest in keeping the forums around please reply to this thread and voice your opinion. All previous threads will not be migrated over if this is to happen.

I sincerely thank the community for an amazing experience, friendships, and discussions we had in the past and I do apologize for the upcoming shutdown of the forums.

Stephen

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4457 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:49 PM

Sad but understandable.
​
​

At least I beat my 12 year(?) goal of reaching the first page of top All Time posters, overtaking Antagonist. Thanks for all the memories.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

#3 KabukimanNYPD

KabukimanNYPD

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 02:10 PM

SADHALLOWEEN

#4 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4457 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:37 PM

Additionally, if there is any interest, there is a possibility replacing the current forum with a brand new Discourse forum.

I support this btw

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

#5 kaosapl

kaosapl

ayyy

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2105 posts
  • IGN:Yoon

Posted 20 November 2021 - 10:37 PM

dang end of an era

bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep bo

0 user(s) are reading this topic