No replies to this topic

#1 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4421 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

After rewatching the Xenogears 20th anniversary concert (still amazing btw) I discovered they did one for Chrono Cross. Like anyone should be, I got excited and whipped out the credit card. While I'm not a big fan of the OST, it's bloody Chrono Cross. Say no more!

Yes, the concert is good. They have a sampler video that really doesn't do it any justice, as in, several of the tracks felt underwhelming until I listened to the whole thing. For example, I thought the Brink of Death arrangement sounded generic for the first several seconds, but it's actually great.

- Dreams of the Ages, or whichever of the 10 romanizations you prefer, finally got a live version. The world is good.

- Dragon God, what a banger!

Snakebone Mansion appears in a medley. It's not bad, but the appearance of Snakebone Mansion makes as much sense to me as if the MapleStory symphony in Budapest picked the Florina Beach theme. Let's just leave it at that.

Other Tracks That You Were Obviously Looking For (but just get the whole thing)

Time's Scar

Shore of Dreams (Another World) - On my somewhat-crappy speakers, it sounds like they had one microphone and they put it on the bass. Much better on headphones.

The Sad:

- I went to order the bluray. There was no bluray :-(

- Ok then... I tried every way to get the high quality audio legitimately. I did not succeed in getting it legitimately. (In hindsight I could have used a VPN, but man they really do not want your money do they?)

- The band size is like less than a third of Xenogears'. No brass, no chorus group, no fleet of strings, among other roles. Fortunately, they do have Sarah Alainn (vocals and teeth-melting sweet violin) and Daisuke Kaminaga (the flute player from Wagakki Band).

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users