#1 Taxi

Taxi

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

:halloween:
Posted Image

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Dopple

Dopple

Panda man in the Pandaland

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

s5ckjk.gif10gbigw.gif
2sbpvyb.gif

wow I'm bored

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

f_by_nepharus-d7fbwoh.png

#3 Taxi

Taxi

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

wow I'm bored

Posted Image

#4 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif15cz0w.gif

So someone I kinda know is taking a game design class. He's in a group with no artist and it's near the end of the semester. Now he wants to pay me $50 to sprite the player character for him. I got home later in the day and over Skype he told me that his group wanted two eight-frame animations in about an hour.

LOL NOT A CHANCE.

#5 Taxi

Taxi

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

I wish the server symbol emoticons still existed so I could use them to spell BOOBS. That was amusing.
Posted Image

#6 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

nbupfm.gif

Oops.

I'm doing this instead of helping the poor sop with the looming deadline. It is now ok because I agreed on $110 after a lengthy red flags conversation. I had some price recommendations of $150-$500 (one way stop at Extortionville, anyone?).

#7 Taxi

Taxi

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

I'd say 110$ is a lot of money to be paid for sprites but I've seen enough horribly-animated ones on forums to know that making good non-static sprites takes effort.
Posted Image

#8 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

It's also a combination of inconvenience, changing conditions, and pressure from other people not to work for inconsequential pennies.

I was feeling guilty all night, really.

#9 Taxi

Taxi

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Lol that's great.

ajs20z.gif

Man did I get lectured hard by my brother who says I shouldn't get suckered into jobs from shady people because then I'm just asking to be taken advantage of. Requests are sleazy stringmaster tactics to eke out work from you, who would've thought? The price went up to 150 after some saprize extra animations came in, but at this point even I can say it's not worth it. Unfortunately, Mr. Someone thinks we're friends (we're very casual acquaintances at best, I don't know how he finds anything more of it), and also thinks I'm taking the job to save his figurative hide because we're friends. Um... I don't have it in me to dispel that.

ie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gifie0cvs.gif

#11 Taxi

Taxi

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

After you complete it you should ride off into the sunset. The camera will pan up, revealing :halloween: in the sky and the credits will roll.
Posted Image

#12 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image is a pretty good emote. I'm just not sure why it exists.

#13 Taxi

Taxi

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Posted Image

I wondered that myself.
Posted Image

#14 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Well, at least I didn't get scammed.

2qa4k1y.png Another perfectly useless emote for the collection. I'm also rather fond of this coincidentally squinty-eyed one: japamush.gif

#15 Taxi

Taxi

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Can't forget the literally red Native American :brave: and the fact the only dark-skinned one is a gun-toting gang member. :gangstahmush:

Hey at least the emoticons reappeared, right? :halloween:
Posted Image

#16 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

For the longest time I thought those guns were melting candles or firecrackers. Lol.

I'm actually glad I don't have my name attached to those crappy rushed animations because I'd embarrass myself.

Please join us tomorrow for our [400-level] Advanced Game Design End of Term Showcase.

This event will feature the games designed by our students this term and will give you an opportunity to test them out and vote for your favourite. This is an informal session, where you can engage with students, play their games, offer thoughtful feedback and critique, and talk to students about their design process. In addition, we are please to be joined by a number of professionals from the gaming industry who will be on hand to evaluate the games.

Yes, please evaluate my contributions to the vanilla side-scroller where all you do is go around jumping and batting zombies with animations that clip into each other (at the behest of a programmer and designer(s) I've never met, and are sun-eating difficult to iron out, given the circumstances). Yuck. I'd take the 150 any day. The deal was to help Mr. Someone pass the course, though, not make a wonderful polished game.

That reminds me, there was an open 'game design team' that sprouted on MapleTip once upon a time. It was full of the sort of people you'd expect: people who think they can make games because they like to play games, people who think game design is about lobbing badly articulated ideas and hoping someone else will implement them, and naive people, like 15-year-old me, who get caught up in the novelty. The MT one didn't even get a fraction as far as Mr. Someone's team before folks got bored or flaked out, and these guys are like yeah...

#17 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

Two bags of Maltesers, six containers of black currant pastilles, three pounds of candied mangoes, one and a half pounds of crunch bars, two packs of hard candies, and it's not even Halloween

halloween.gif

#18 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4355 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

#19 Juicy

Juicy

Yeti & Pepe

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1104 posts
  • IGN:SirPenguin

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

This brings back bad memories :( I was banned from shoutbox for too many :halloween: :halloween: :halloween: :halloween: :halloween: :halloween:

csx8z.jpg

#20 竜王聖帝

竜王聖帝

The Courteous and Insidious Maelstrom

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3787 posts
  • Location:In that place-- you know, the palace of the dragons? Occasionlly goes to a Chocobo ranch.
  • IGN:MushinNoKana (Renegades)

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Halloween is ebil :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users