60 replies to this topic

#1 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts
  • IGN:Hentai

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Episode 25: The World Seed (aka Lisbeth’s Revenge)

I have enjoyed Sword Art Online as much as I enjoyed a root canal. The series is so well-writtenly horrible it kept me glued to my chair waiting for more. But the final episode was the most well written and though up piece of amateur fanfiction I have ever seen in anime form. Definitely grade A high quality work because of one character, Lisbeth. Look out for spoilers!

Prologue

The episode began with our hero, Sugou, who turned mad unable to defeat the god-killer Kirito. In the episode before, Sugou aimed to vanquish Kirito but only to be felled by the hands of the author’s pen and deus ex machina. His god-like powers were somehow not enough for Kirito as his teenage angst and petty romance was too much for a game master.

Now Sugou waited for Kirito, knife drawn, to see if his larger stature could out power Kirito’s still-month-recovering seventeen year old body. His strike disarmed Kirito’s dominant hand potentially removing Kirito’s only source of power, Dual Wielding, if he could somehow tap into that in real life. But as he drew in for the kill, something prevented him from shifting his weight into the blade. Kirito caught his arm with his weakened one but the author’s pen struck again. The deep power of teenage angst flowed through and he overpowered the great Sugou, once again, almost leaving him vanquished.

Lisbeth’s Return

The return of our heroine was a shock for me. It was almost twenty episodes ago when my favorite female blacksmith seemed to disappear within the folds of exposition. However, the sight of her grimace over the faulty romance between the Lord of Deus ex Machina and Mary Sue was one to be treasured. “If I can’t have him, no one can,” a voice probably said through her head as she slammed her juice box to the table.

Lisbeth wanted nothing more than to bring Kirito down, away from Asuna. In order to do that, she devised a get-together with the rest of her friends/guilds/Sword Artists just to point out how lame of a character Kirito really was. When he stood up receiving congratulations, he showed no sense of gratitude and gave only a half-love smiled which made Mary Sue swoon. Just as planned. When he sat down to get a drink, he asked for his totally mature seventeen year old drink, bourbon on the rocks. Because all cool kids drink underaged. But Agil decided he didn’t want cops knocking at his door so he gave him oolong tea. The god-killer was surprised! Not as planned.

Lisbeth fortunately succeeded. Kirito, the god-killer, was proven the lamest character of all man-kind dancing with her crying busty middle-school aged little sister in a game. Resetting all his hard-earned stats that he could bring up using the GM console he was somehow given. Choosing the most Mary Sue of all Mary Sues in Mary Sue Online.

Thanks for the laughs Kirito. Can’t wait to laugh some more over a pseudo-drama bad fanfiction grade second season.

Hentai loves you. Yes, you.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I can't decide which is dumber: Asuna ogling at her only chance of escape for ten solid seconds which led to her recapture, or this particular series of incompetence by Sugou. Apparently, the author can't write conniving villains without also making them raging nutjobs that screw up the hardest when it matters the most.

Nothing was stopping Sugou from just logging the hell off and surrounding himself with a wall of lawyers the moment things stopped going his way. Then we're supposed to believe that a highly educated, wealthy and manipulative man would conclude that the best method to exact revenge on some 16 year old nerd is to ambush him in plain daylight with a knife?

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

f_by_nepharus-d7fbwoh.png

#3 Hobbes

Hobbes
  • IGN:WindHobbes

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

suddenly, suguha, the irreplaceable imouto.
Posted Image

ya.png

#4 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Still using that 'ugly' excuse not to go on a date with you, is he? Quickly, give the heroine his name to show how you really feel, that you'd save the world alongside him. That would be most romantic.

#5 Paper

Paper

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 895 posts
  • IGN:PaperCrafted

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

If you like that blacksmith chick you should read her chapter in the light novel. The anime just covered the bare minimum for her chapter and even cut some parts out. You can find translations of all the novels up to volume 10 on baka-tsuki.org. Her chapter should be in volume 2.

Anime covers 4 volumes. If you dont feel like waiting for a season 2 then you can read ahead starting at 5.

Edited by Paper, 07 January 2013 - 10:53 PM.

"Trying is the first step to failure"
-Paper

#6 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

And so what about ugliness? Who cares? Well, I would, in a way--seeing as being around an ugly person would just make me even more handsome by contrast. But really, who cares?

You should say that, if he's so dead set on that excuse. Say it's alright, his presence would just make you more handsome. Wouldn't it? So he can go on a date, and he gets to be ugly, and you get to be good-looking, and now nobody loses! My advice is the best, I know. You're welcome.

#7 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

And while you're at it, be sure to tell the sublime story "The Derivation of Euler's Identity." That'll be a real keeper. It's like... witnessing the divine. It is elegance, and it is truth. Or I should say, it would make for a sublime story, were it a story: so subtract story, and you're left with sublime. I suppose. I mean, everyone loves imaginary numbers. There'll be swooning in no time.

No, I haven't been drinking hard liquor prior to writing this. I'm just very dishonest, that's all. Yes.

#8 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

I knew my advice would see you through! Congratulations!

#9 Hobbes

Hobbes

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Posted Image

ya.png

#10 Hobbes

Hobbes

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Posted Image

ya.png

#11 Taxi

Taxi

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Totally.
Posted Image

#12 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Suguha is the worst girl. Every time she talks or opens her mouth, I get this most unbearable urge to cringe... what a sorry, sorry character. I almost didn't want to call her a "character," but she technically is one. She is also a thinly veiled tool.

#13 Hobbes

Hobbes

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Despite SAO being such an overrated anime, I still liked the episode with Lisbeth. That was fun to watch.

ya.png

#14 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Lisbeth was one of the more tolerable characters, except for the part where she fell in love with Kirito in literally five minutes.

#15 Hobbes

Hobbes

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

How could you not fall in love with currytoe when you're falling out of the sky with him in the sunset? While we're on the topic, she also forged him a pretty nifty looking sword.

ya.png

#16 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Ah, yes. Falling in the sunset. And why is this happening in the first place? Like every other girl in the game, she isn't even in love with him. She's in love with his high level. Take away his nerdy achievements and shinies and Kirito the character has nothing holding him up.

It's absurd, although slightly less absurd than his lovely imouto/first cousin gaining increasingly romantic feelings for his unconscious form as the years go on.

#17 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts
  • IGN:Hentai

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

What I liked:
- Lisbeth
- Fighting Screens
- The rare times Kirito got his love kicked
- Kuradeel

What I didn't enjoy:
- Kirito
- Kirito
- Kirito
- Asuna
- Suguha
- Dual Wielding
- Kirito not dying
- Stop being good at everything Kirito
- You too Asuna
- loveing Psuedo-Mystery
- Why is everyone else useless
- Kirito

Hentai loves you. Yes, you.

#18 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

Kuradeel's a case of "so bad, it's good." His character is terrible, his person is terrible, his design is terrible, everything about him is terrible and he gets exactly the kind of fate you'd expect in an author power trip fantasy. He's an obstruction made for the satisfaction of knocking down. That being said, Kuradeel is my favourite character for precisely the reason that he has no redeeming qualities. The show went so far out of its way to make you hate him, that I couldn't. Oh, and his laugh was pretty hysterical, too.

#19 Hobbes

Hobbes

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

I like the open-world concept of SAO as a MMO. Too bad it would never work in a north american market.

Spoiler

ya.png

#20 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

That's the best thing about SAO, and pretty much the only reason why I kept reading/watching it even though everything else was bombing hard. But the author clearly doesn't play MMOs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users