After six years, hello again from that 12-year-old Singaporean kid

#1 NiKYEAM

NiKYEAM

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • IGN:NiKYEAM

21 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hey everyone,

I have no idea what MT is like nowadays but about six years back, I pretty much spent my life here.

I don't expect anyone still on to remember but I vaguely recall my user being something along the lines of "AznKen" or "FrozKen" or something like that. I also remember being one of the VERY FEW people from MapleSEA that actually posted on here. At that time, there was a market place for all the different worlds and I was a market moderator for Aquila, Bootes, and Cassiopeia. (Though I didn't really do anything and I'm still not sure what I was supposed to do.)

It was a fantastic community, and I wasn't the most popular or prominent poster but it was still a fun place where everyone could feel welcome.

Then, I got banned because I wasn't 13 yet and was technically unable to post on a forum. It was pretty depressing but yeah, I moved on and decided to give reality a try.

Two years down the road though and I created this new account just to drop by and say hi to everyone. Plenty of the MT veterans were still around at that time but it just felt all different and stuff. It was still wayyyyy more lively than now though, which is actually pretty sad. This is actually my first time visiting the place since 2008.

I actually do have some of the older MT users on my Facebook and earlier today, one of their profiles just popped up on my feed and brought back all the nostalgia. It really got me wondering what the likes of Mr Simpson, Kasi, EcksDee, Therealtahu, and Tichondrius are up to nowadays, even if I didn't really know them that well back then.

Anyway, I'm 18 right now and in two years I'll be heading into the army (Conscription is compulsory in Singapore meh.) and after that I guess I'll be a full-fledged working adult.

In a nutshell, I just wanted to give a shoutout to this place and whoever remains for being a big, sometimes unhealthy, part of my childhood.

For those who knew me, drop me a PM and we can catch up over Facebook or something. Or even if you didn't but was from the same 'era' as I am, drop me a PM anyway. It'd be nice to have SOME remnants of my pre-teen life left to help with adjusting to adulthood.
I'm too noob for a siggy. =(

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Bushado

Bushado

Stirge

• Members
  • IGN:Bushiclo/GwelfWalker/Bushuno

03 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

I feel the same way. Back in the day I was a goofball posting random garbage. I feel so embarrased looking at my old posts. :) But pretty much I distanced myself from everyone so I didn't add anyone on facebook haha.