No replies to this topic

#1 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4414 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

I once said to my friend, I'm going to go crazy if I don't play some of these [tracks] on the piano one day. I would share something as banal as dreams more often but unlike with visuals I couldn't really tell you how I dream about music I have no recollection of hearing before, that's lame. (The other time I dreamed about attending a snob music school and there was this guitar with rusted steel strings lying around and I took it to play an inaccurate rendition of Frog's Theme, then this girl grabbed it and started playing something so crazy it hardly even sounded like a guitar anymore while giving me this snooty look, but I was too impressed to be upset. I know I most definitely heard it from somewhere irl, I just couldn't tell you where.)

But I can't actually play anything, so where to start?

There's this cute simple piece that its composer graciously provided the sheet for, which is great. Only problem is, I can't read notes worth a damn. Like, at all. And my "playing" is only marginally more advanced than that. So I'm doing the one thing available: study it to death.

Page one of two looks like this:

Posted Image

It took me about 2 days to figure out the melody from scratch, then another 5 or so days after that to figure out the accompaniment. It took two weeks for me to get through the whole thing once, but a few months later I still couldn't play it with the right timing or without screwing something up. Self-fulfilling prophecy: I suck

:D

Edited by Dopple, 11 August 2012 - 06:01 PM.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users