443 replies to this topic

#441 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:27 AM

Haha, the obvious blunder aside, that's actually a really high bar. Video game music has enjoyed some insane quality for decades. Even in the 80s and 90s, it wasn't just underproduced MIDI melodies. By that time, we already had the mindblowing Symphony Ys 88 album, whose audio quality astounds me to this day. Besides that example, orchestral arrangements for video game music have been going on for a very long time. It wouldn't happen if the source material wasn't at least very good, which it often was due to legends like Yuzo Koshiro, Yasunori Mitsuda, and Ryo Yonemitsu. All very "actual artists," and that was just a few of them.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

f_by_nepharus-d7fbwoh.png

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#442 KabukimanNYPD

KabukimanNYPD

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

Yeah. I always roll my eyes at people who say music isn't "real" if it's in a video game, especially when it's people who like it saying it. People crediting the game (or developer, or publisher) instead of the composer is also one of my pet peeves. Saw that comment and felt like making a quick doodle.

Also, you mentioned Maplestory orchestra a while back? I'm gonna have to look into that because I've been on a nostalgia kick for it lately. 

#443 Dopple

Dopple

Once again, with feeling

• Pink
  • 4379 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:30 AM

Also, you mentioned Maplestory orchestra a while back? I'm gonna have to look into that because I've been on a nostalgia kick for it lately. 

Yeah! Look out for "MapleStory Symphony in Budapest," they're all amazing. I put one up earlier, but here are a couple others:

Apparently, due to licensing issues, they haven't published any official albums (besides the Amazon MP3s that got pulled). Still keeping my eyes peeled. It has to happen someday...

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

f_by_nepharus-d7fbwoh.png

#444 KabukimanNYPD

KabukimanNYPD

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:57 AM

That's great. Yeah, I'd love to buy that if it was available, especially a physical release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users