467 replies to this topic

#321 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Phone games... I'm just sitting here off to the side pulling Minatos like whatever. It's well designed and kinda cute though.

I prefer Nobuyoshi Sano's electronica arrangement of "Departure," but I didn't put it up the other day because it wasn't on YT. Not sure it even appears in the game itself.

Departure - Denji Ito Ver. arranged by Denji Ito (Nobuyoshi Sano), Puzzle & Dragons

Spoiler

That track you posted is magnificent btw. iirc it's not Nobuo Uematsu directing it anymore, it's someone called Masayoshi Soken. I've never heard of him, but he's looking great here! A Realm Reborn's BGM is so good.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#322 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts
  • IGN:Hentai

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

It really is! It makes the experience very wonderful. Most of them don't grow stale even after traveling the zone for the fortieth time.

My personal favorite is this one:

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ca2cshOh4I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ca2cshOh4I[/url]

I'm probably a little biased because I just like the zone. Other areas are equally good.

Edited by Hentai, 06 October 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Hentai loves you. Yes, you.

#323 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

I've been listening to this colossal soundtrack for the last three hours and I haven't heard a single dull song yet. (My brother thought the Titan battle theme was crap because of the screamo but I disagreed, it was very interesting.) Six hours to go.

Steel Reason by Nobuo Uematsu, FINAL FANTASY XIV

Spoiler

Back up! But probably not for long.

#324 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

At level 50, you'll hear that track foreverrrrrrrr.

Also, Titan Screamo is fitting because I am screaming when I am playing Titan Hardmode. No, really. I even sing along adding my own lyrics which usually involve me calling my cooldowns on voice chat. Kinda funny, kinda annoying.

This one was the track that blew me away at first listen:

Edited by Hentai, 06 October 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#325 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

I didn't hear you talking that much when we were playing 3's. Heck I didn't even know what you were doing besides mass Vikings a la wood league, and, speaking of which, why haven't we done that again? Most of the people left playing team games in HotS are smurfs these days, though, so you're kinda hard-pressed to get away with maxing on Vikings.

At any rate, hope you're listening with a bass booster. So good. I'm pretty excited to run this on my sound system when they go official. Not gonna sit there for the whole nine point two hours. Maybe a couple every once in a while. I love all the tracks related to the one I posted (Teikoku/empire).

Here's some weeaboo music.

Edited by Dopple, 17 January 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#326 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Dunno. I tunnel vision a lot in Starcraft. I'm horribly bad but I don't mind picking it up again. I do lots of yelling on FFXIV, telling people where to go and if I'm low on mana. Titan is just lots of coordination. If you memorize the mechanics, he's ezpz.

Here, have some Zelda

#327 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I can just imagine they're paying some guy to sit there and swat down all the FFXIV BGM videos day after day. There there, Squenix... I will buy your soundtrack.

TO MAKE THE END OF BATTLE arranged by Satoshi Ohyama and Noriyuki Kamikura, Falcom Music Chronicle

Spoiler

Falcom says it's ok to host their music on YT or use it in your videos as long as you credit them. They've even allowed recording devices at their concerts since a few years ago.

#328 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

LOL everything FFXIV was taken down from this page. Christ. They were pretty uptight with the NDA to begin with so I'm not too surprised. Especially since they haven't released the soundtrack yet. That guy killing the Youtube video is probably an intern or something

Here's a remix of the gym leader battle theme from an album inspired by the Eevee Evolutions. Featuring the superior evolution: Jolteon.

Edited by Hentai, 10 October 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#329 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

SQUEENIX, YOU CAN'T SILENCE THE LOVE!

Edited by Hentai, 11 October 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#330 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

Temple of Drifting Sands arranged by millstones, NieR -echo-

Spoiler

Ahhh not be like omg what you doing the original is so much better please

Edited by Dopple, 16 December 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#331 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Chocobo's Happy Christmas arranged by Masashi Hamauzu, X'mas Collections music from SQUARE ENIX
Original from Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon

Spoiler

Edited by Dopple, 03 June 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#332 KabukimanNYPD

KabukimanNYPD

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

#333 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

I thought I was gonna get tired of that trendy violin lead showing up in every VGM album these days, but Falcom does a great job in Sen no Kiseki. Also has some of my favourite vocals in the series. (Not that I really make it a point to like vocals, though. I mean I can name off the top of my head Japanese songs in games I find pretty awful eg. those in Mana Khemia 2 and Trinity Universe)

Crimson Wings - A New Wind - by Toshiharu Okajima, THE LEGEND OF HEROES SEN NO KISEKI

Spoiler

Back to studying for finals...

Edited by Dopple, 01 June 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#334 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

You probably don't know how much this means to me, but I just found out TalesWeaver has a "Third Run":

Spoiler

I'm getting the biggest nostalgia chills right now... and those lows are making me melt. Five bucks for a softcopy of the tracks in the expac? I'll pay that for this song alone. Sign me up.

What's in the rest of this mini? Mostly Korean vocals, all surprisingly good, if you're into that sort of thing.

Edited by Dopple, 01 January 2014 - 01:14 AM.

#335 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

Impatience / X'mas Edit arranged by Masashi Hamauzu, X'mas Collections II music from SQUARE ENIX

Original from GUN HAZARD

Spoiler

Edited by Dopple, 01 January 2014 - 01:12 AM.

#336 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Break Through the Sword arranged by Motoi Sakuraba, Tales of Innocence R

Spoiler

(PSVita rearrangement actually... let's just gloss over that.)

Never played the game, but I'd recommend the manga, it's hysterical. Fight scene the MC smashes the ground uselessly with his sword, and his friends clap his shoulders cheering "YOU DID IT!"

#337 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

Orc 2 by Glenn Stafford, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness

Spoiler

Edited by Dopple, 21 August 2014 - 01:36 AM.

#338 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Slightly annoyed all the legacy tag videos broke. Slightly more annoyed that spoiler content needs to load and frequently doesn't. (I still listen to them here when I'm bored, even though I don't have to.)

The Shaping of the World by Jason Hayes, Tracy W. Bush, Derek Duke, and Glenn Stafford; World of Warcraft

I don't know if this track was done by all those people. I don't think so, but I haven't been able to verify.

Spoiler

#339 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

My favourite thing about Michiko Naruke has to be the vocals. (She's most well known for Wild Arms, composed the darling classic "At the End of the Wilderness" which has since been rearranged to death.) I listened to the vocal album + all the other vocals that weren't in there about 20 times now, and there's a lot to love about them. But anyway, I reckon nobody wants to listen to any more weeaboo music, so here's another beaten to the ground melody instead.

Sora no Kiseki arranged by jdk Band, Falcom jdk Band Spring 2008

Spoiler

"Rearranged to death"--you know, like any flagship tune that catches on. Mass Destruction, for instance. That one has like five versions other than the original, including an awful* club mix that sounds nothing like Mass Destruction except for a few garbled lines. I think it means it's time to put it down, guys.

Now I'll admit I turned off the music in Trails in the Sky halfway through my second playthrough. Not because the music is by any stretch bad, but at that point, I'd already listened to the soundtrack however many dozens of times. Longer than I spent playing the game, for sure.

*I guess I'd more accurately describe it as bland and weird. I mean, at least I could sit there and listen to all 7:35 of it. But it's pretty awful, yeah. Not hatin' on club mixes.

Edited by Dopple, 05 February 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#340 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4439 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Chrono Trigger Symphony Vol. 3 is out, folk(s). If you like orchestrals, Chrono Trigger music, or VGM in general, these are some great arrangements. And I've heard nearly all of them. But you don't have to believe me: just go listen to it.

Theme of Frog arranged by The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra, Chrono Trigger Symphony Vol. 1

Spoiler

Apparently, they like to keep a choke hold on YouTube uploads. I'd rather put up the first battle theme instead, but they don't have that as a preview. The arrangements are faithful to the source, and that one happens to take more of a departure, I think. Oh well.

Right. Between this and Playing the End of Time, it's hard to say which album I like more. Probablyyy still leaning towards the latter. It's pretty close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users