David Guetta
LCD Soundsystem
Girl Talk (if that counts)
Gorillaz

comedy:

Beatallica
Lonely Island

gogogo

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Godforsaken

Godforsaken

Really, really, really high.

• Respected Member
  • 1928 posts
  • IGN:Quit.

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

first off. love ABBA. now, moving on..
Needs moar bob marley & peter tosh :)... Also, add some Biggie (The Notorious B.I.G. for the non-rap-inclined people) in your rap interests. That stuff is just necessary though.

Now to the real recommendations?:

Pretty Lights - amazing electronica-esque type tunes. check out Understand Me Now and Finally Moving.
Lupe Fiasco - I'll bet you know about him, but still download some tracks.
AESOP ROCK - (lolcaps) Best white rapper you'll find. Best lyrics I've ever heard. I recommend Daylight.
John Frusciante - Since you're a chili pepper fan there's no doubt you've heard at least some of his solo stuff, but i can't stress it enough that it's amazing music. If you're not into his earlier more experimental stuff, try the album called Inside Of Emptiness. He's got some cool riffs on there :P. Oh yeah, and try out his newest album The Empyrean for some late night loud music trip out tunes.

LIKE A BOSS.

#3 MatthewPal

MatthewPal

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • IGN:MatthewMoody

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

Well, I am sure that I will be going way off range with these suggestions! lol
I love A Perfect Circle, Tool, System Of A Down, Mike Jones, Akon, Chevelle.
Lol, I am new here too, btw!
I Love OGPal! Best place to ever go. :)

#4 Godforsaken

Godforsaken

• Respected Member
  • 1928 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

Well, I am sure that I will be going way off range with these suggestions! lol
I love A Perfect Circle, Tool, System Of A Down, Mike Jones, Akon, Chevelle.
Lol, I am new here too, btw!

lol.

LIKE A BOSS.

#5 LetFireFall

LetFireFall

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3399 posts
  • IGN:1

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

first off. love ABBA. now, moving on..
Needs moar bob marley & peter tosh :)... Also, add some Biggie (The Notorious B.I.G. for the non-rap-inclined people) in your rap interests. That stuff is just necessary though.

Now to the real recommendations?:

Pretty Lights - amazing electronica-esque type tunes. check out Understand Me Now and Finally Moving.
Lupe Fiasco - I'll bet you know about him, but still download some tracks.
AESOP ROCK - (lolcaps) Best white rapper you'll find. Best lyrics I've ever heard. I recommend Daylight.
John Frusciante - Since you're a chili pepper fan there's no doubt you've heard at least some of his solo stuff, but i can't stress it enough that it's amazing music. If you're not into his earlier more experimental stuff, try the album called Inside Of Emptiness. He's got some cool riffs on there :P. Oh yeah, and try out his newest album The Empyrean for some late night loud music trip out tunes.

yes to lupe, his album 'the cool' is one of my favorite rap albums. aesop rock is good, but vinnie paz/jedi mind tricks is a better white rapper, IMO. also try nas and damien marley - they're new album 'distant relatives' wasn't a disappointment. if you like mos def, try Black Star, it's a collab with him and talib kweli. also, bone thugs-n-harmony. really fast flows and a lot of their stuff is really catchy.

for punk/pop rock, try ace enders or the damnwells (their newest album is actually free on their website), I won't go into mainstream stuff cause you probably already know them.

i hate to throw out kid cudi since he's so mainstream now and all the kids you know who listen to him are stoners but he's by far my favorite mainstream rapper, apart from eminem.

Edited by LetFireFall, 30 July 2010 - 11:07 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

thanks yo.

I love cudi, have all his albums. Will check out Lupe/the punk schtuff.

#7 Godforsaken

Godforsaken

• Respected Member
  • 1928 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

mm old school punk (Y).

nas and damien marley's new album blew cock imo.

does anyone know if man on the moon is available on vinyl? i'm going to toronto soon and i want to pick it up if it is.

yes to lupe, his album 'the cool' is one of my favorite rap albums. aesop rock is good, but vinnie paz/jedi mind tricks is a better white rapper, IMO. also try nas and damien marley - they're new album 'distant relatives' wasn't a disappointment. if you like mos def, try Black Star, it's a collab with him and talib kweli. also, bone thugs-n-harmony. really fast flows and a lot of their stuff is really catchy.

for punk/pop rock, try ace enders or the damnwells (their newest album is actually free on their website), I won't go into mainstream stuff cause you probably already know them.

i hate to throw out kid cudi since he's so mainstream now and all the kids you know who listen to him are stoners but he's by far my favorite mainstream rapper, apart from eminem.

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs. bone thugs is ballin outta control too :P

LIKE A BOSS.

#8 Kerist

Kerist

Iron Hog

• MD Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:52 AM

Edited by Kerist, 13 September 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#9 Ktk_

Ktk_

Starcraft 2, Penspinning, etc.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3909 posts
  • IGN:KtkSword

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

Liked NAS? Nomak mixes?

Posted Image

#10 TehSteward

TehSteward

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Steward54

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:52 PM

David Guetta- Club Cant Handle Me, When Love Takes Over, Getting Over You
Gorillaz- Sadly, i dont know a lot of their songs but my personal favorite is Dare

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users