• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

So yeah, I logged on today on a friends account just for the luls.

Guess what? Some love took everything he could on all of my characters. 20/30mil, a ton of equips, and all my good arrows/potions. I've shown only 2 people my username (which is pretty much impossible to guess), have a password made up of non dictionary words and random numbers, and have never gotten keylogged.

It's ruined my desire to once again join (which I was going to) and frustrates me. RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

So yeah.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Manooz

Manooz

Magnificent Bastard

• Official Member
  • 1164 posts
  • Location:If i told you,i'd have to rip your spine out...MK2 style.
  • IGN:Whats an IGN

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

So yeah, I logged on today on a friends account just for the luls.

Guess what? Some love took everything he could on all of my characters. 20/30mil, a ton of equips, and all my good arrows/potions. I've shown only 2 people my username (which is pretty much impossible to guess), have a password made up of non dictionary words and random numbers, and have never gotten keylogged.

It's ruined my desire to once again join (which I was going to) and frustrates me. RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

So yeah.

the only advice i have for you is to move on.
find other games.
Lawlz
(10:28 PM) Miyakazumi - I'll be raping tree stumps and sheep.
(10:20 PM) Amnesty - "Every day I equip my dick and repeatedly use the fap skill until I receive EXP."
“Playful girls have argued, who will more deeply get a uvula into the damp cat of the girlfriend. “
For the last time I AM NOT MANOZ/ADON

#3 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:11 AM

I have and tbh I don't even know why I was angry, cause I quit a long time ago.

#4 Matthias Hinkell

Matthias Hinkell

A Depressed Villian ._.

• MD Members
  • 5072 posts
  • IGN:GeneYuss

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:48 AM

If you haven't logged on since they started the mandatory password updates and using the PIC system, then you were probably one of many accounts that got hacked during that time. When Nexon tries to improve their security, they end up opening a lot more security loopholes in the process. Even some of my friends were account hacked and they never shared their info. :/ I haven't updated three of my accounts due to IP bannage so they probably gotten hacked by now...

Well, I guess since you moved on, good luck on whatever games you pick up in the future. If you do, that is.

Characters I still play
WINDIA
GeneYuss - level 124 DK | MattHinkell - level 108 ranger | DoogaI - level 100 hermit | Meteor88 - level 99 sniper HPEcheIon - level 63 HP spearman
SCANIA
iWilfre - level 70 spearman

#5 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for clearing that up. It sucks that people are still greedy for accounts, but I can't do anything about it anymore.

Anyways, at least this has me looking forward to TespiaMS (when Al hurries his love up :P), lol.

#6 MariaColette

MariaColette

Bowmaster at heart.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5436 posts
  • IGN:MariettaRC (RIP MariaColette)

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

Lol, I was a victim of this myself, all I did was move on and work to get my stuff back, which I did. Nexon fixed this hacking predicament a while ago, so it's unlikely to happen again. But sorry to hear that, that's always a downer when you just got back to playing. :<

Posted Image
Click the image to see my deviantART!
Artifact Hunt: 2nd place winner, March 7th, 2010.
Main character: MariettaRC - Level 157 Bowmaster.
Main secondary character: Paratroopea - Level 124 Corsair.
Main tertiary characters: DrMarioPhD - Level 140 Bishop / Sujinpuffy - Level 110 I/L Mage
... and a billion other alts...
Proud Co-Master of KoopaForce.

#7 Shadow-

Shadow-

Twilight?

• MD Members
  • 871 posts
  • IGN:Xcreamer

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

Randall, do you want my account? I already uninstalled my Maple, but maybe even if I ever come back, I only come back for like a day or so, so just PM me if you want it. xD

I just log on when my cousin gets mad at me for pulling down his kill-ratio in Combat Arms, so I don't give a beep about that.

set free.

#8 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

Naw, but thanks anyways.

If anyone wants it, Nexon (ironically) sent me a free NX code for some safety charms, VIP tele rock, 2x exp and weapon cover. Just PM me for it.

#9 Shadow-

Shadow-

Twilight?

• MD Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

Naw, but thanks anyways.

If anyone wants it, Nexon (ironically) sent me a free NX code for some safety charms, VIP tele rock, 2x exp and weapon cover. Just PM me for it.

That's not transferable though... FREE NX CODE!! OMGOMGOMGOMG> xP

set free.

#10 Matthias Hinkell

Matthias Hinkell

A Depressed Villian ._.

• MD Members
  • 5072 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

Haha, I would be tempted but keeping track of yet another account with my already numerous accounts would probably get me IP banned accidentally - I already had to drop three accounts I don't really use anymore - which is probably better because those have the easiest usernames people can eventually guess ;P

RIP lvl 55 hunter though ;~;

Characters I still play
WINDIA
GeneYuss - level 124 DK | MattHinkell - level 108 ranger | DoogaI - level 100 hermit | Meteor88 - level 99 sniper HPEcheIon - level 63 HP spearman
SCANIA

#11 Shadow-

Shadow-

Twilight?

• MD Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

Haha, I would be tempted but keeping track of yet another account with my already numerous accounts would probably get me IP banned accidentally - I already had to drop three accounts I don't really use anymore - which is probably better because those have the easiest usernames people can eventually guess ;P

RIP lvl 55 hunter though ;~;

Username: username
Password: password
PIN: 1234 ???

I guess I'll just let mine be dormant until I transfer it to another cousin or something... I can't believe I'm right under Soaa for 2 levels when I quit...

set free.

#12 Matthias Hinkell

Matthias Hinkell

A Depressed Villian ._.

• MD Members
  • 5072 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

Nah, that's too easy - but I bet someone out there had that exact info somewhere...

And PIN isn't used anymore... .o.

Characters I still play
WINDIA
SCANIA

#13 Shadow-

Shadow-

Twilight?

• MD Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

Nah, that's too easy - but I bet someone out there had that exact info somewhere...

And PIN isn't used anymore... .o.

Wow, I'm so old, I didn't even know that happened... Since when? What replaced it?

set free.

#14 BoyOhBoy

BoyOhBoy

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:02 AM

I have over 400 million on each server. Give me a message if you'd like to get back on track.. :)

Posted Image

#15 MyLittlePwny

MyLittlePwny

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:Cloudnommer

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

bump. Dead thread, but this is a serious issue. I hope the hacker that got your account gets caught. :)

My main characters - (WARNING - COMPLETELY NEWBIE)

Bera
cloudnommer - Level 15 Thunder Breaker | Main
RedSkyRose - Level 20(?) Dual Blade/Rogue | Secondary (This account will be the main when it hits 30)
CrumpleZone7 - Level ? Aran | Experimental Account (Just to experiment with the skills of the Aran and such.)
And I had one more alt. on another server which I can't remember the name of right now.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Give me teh internetz plz!!!!1111!!1

#16 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

bump. Dead thread, but this is a serious issue. I hope the hacker that got your account gets caught. :)

You do know there's a reason bumping's frowned on right?

#17 MutantPorpoise

MutantPorpoise

Keep it i Squared.

• Official Member
  • 357 posts
  • IGN:LessThanTwo

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

You do know there's a reason bumping's frowned on right?

This thread was only the 10th one down on the list before he bumped it and that's INCLUDING stickied topics. That's, what? Half-way down the first page? Being rude to newcomers is exactly why this forum is dead.

#18 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

Bumping old threads on a dead forum is okay. Hating on my bro Jon + bumping for post count isn't.

YOU ALL SUCK + I'M AWESOME

#19 Shadow-

Shadow-

Twilight?

• MD Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

No. I am.

(just so I don't get booted for spamming, although no one really cares.) You SHURE you don't want my account? xD

set free.

#20 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

THEY SEE ME TROLLIN, THEY HATIN, MODERATIN N TRYING TO CATCH ME POSTIN DERRTY

Imeanwut OHAI SHADOW and no. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users