19 replies to this topic

#1 Tich

Tich

Tide Warden

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 9428 posts
  • IGN:TIIIIIIIIICH SHOWAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:16 AM

So, for absolutly no reason Firefox decides to crash each evening. So am considering switching, but I kinda want 64-bit versions.

olic1.jpg
Knowledge is power and I... know a lot.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Tony130

Tony130

Failblog Fan

• Official Member
  • 866 posts
  • IGN:Quit

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:55 AM

Yes, Chrome is better than Firefox. Chrome tends to crash less often than Firefox, also Chrome has a much more wider screen so you might need to get used to that. Since Chrome can't automatically delete history, you might want to install an extension for that. It's called click and clean.

My first guide is complete!
http://forums.maplet...howtopic=136184

#3 iBev

iBev

I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

• Official Member
  • 3217 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

^ Or incognito mode?

I use chrome 'cus Firefox crashes and freezes like nobody's business for me. Chrome sometimes has issues with certain pages, but since it's got addons now (I never use addons, but lotsa people do. :L) I guess it's as good as if not better.

KC and I are taking over the world.

Posted Image

I<3UTICH

You can stalk me and my art on my deviantArt, my Tumblr and my Twitter.
Also my MSN. Which is on my profile. Get it yourself.

#4 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

Yes.

#5 TheBtardboy

TheBtardboy

Wild Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

No. Chrome is not better than Firefox.

Firefox can be customized much more than Chrome can. And Chrome is known for having many glitches, and causing problems with other programs.
I'm really Paul. :D

#6 Jiyure

Jiyure

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • IGN:To be Decided

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

Well ever since i got the newest version of firefox it has been crashing like crazy. So i went and started using Chrome and i would have to say i like alot. Though im not really sure one is better than the other. Personally preference i guess

#7 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

No. Chrome is not better than Firefox.

Firefox can be customized much more than Chrome can. And Chrome is known for having many glitches, and causing problems with other programs.

Many glitches? I call BS, Chrome beta ended like 2 years ago.

#8 Oddworld

Oddworld

Oddity Level: Endangered

• Official Member
  • 736 posts
  • IGN:TIYMSCN.

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

Well, due to the weird crashing bug with FireFox, I'd stick with Chrome, while it's not the BEST, and while FireFox may be better, Chrome doesn't crash as much. It's just lacking customizations, that's the ONLY thing missing.
Faces of Evil: (๏_๏) (ಥ﹏ಥ) (ಠ_ಠ) (^ω^) t(Шt) ⌐(∆⌐) (_) ﺧ益ﺨ

Relationship list, my YouTube channel, "Adventures with Sharky!", My Twitter, and I wish I could tell you my blog, but NOOOOOO, apparently this forum doesn't allow it.
My Skype: abex300
Ami, Yoko, Etna, and Coco

My TF2 Custom Weapon Guide
Click Here To Lose Your Sanity

I came from another world, my body a home of oddness and humor. No logic in my eyes, no gravity of my skin, no harm of my heart. My soul, as full and light as the daylight. I laugh at the trolls, spit at the offensive names, for they will not harm my reputation. For eternity, I will post the forum, smelling the sweet friends of MapleTip, feasting upon the oranges of the grown. Beware, for I am the Oddworld.

By the way, my alignment is: Chaotic Good

Posted Image

#9 TheBtardboy

TheBtardboy

Wild Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

OP: Stick with Firefox. Think about it: Do you really want to use a browser that's made by a company ran by filthy, hirsute, huge-hook-nosed greedy misers? Smite the parasite.
I'm really Paul. :D

#10 Hobbes

Hobbes
  • IGN:WindHobbes

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

OP: Stick with Firefox. Think about it: Do you really want to use a browser that's made by a company ran by filthy, hirsute, huge-hook-nosed greedy misers? Smite the parasite.

wrong. There's nothing wrong with Google, they are basically the same as every other company out there.

I think they're both really great browsers and its hard to pick one to be better than the other. Chrome is fast but Firefox is infinitely customizable, and it has great history and bookmark management. It's really up to you. You can always test drive Chrome and switch back to FF if you don't like it; its not like you have to pay for Chrome or anything...

ya.png

#11 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

Chrome has built in bookmark syncing, all the essential addons you need, artist themes, slim UI, and blazingly fast startup times.

@Btard: how the hell is Google evil? They're no better or worse than any other companies and make great products. Even if you are somehow scared of the browser calling back home to get updates and stuff, you could just install Iron: http://www.srware.ne...srware_iron.php

Anyone who mocks Chrome hasn't tried any other browser.

#12 Tich

Tich

Tide Warden

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 9428 posts
  • IGN:TIIIIIIIIICH SHOWAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

CHrome hasn't crashed yet, so I guess Chrome currently beats firefox. Although I have to reset it's download destination folder.

olic1.jpg
Knowledge is power and I... know a lot.

#13 motion

motion

MapleTip supporter

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2266 posts
  • IGN:-None-

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

Chrome has that GoogleUpdate.exe that's always running. Waste of memory if you asked me. :)

#14 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3677 posts
  • IGN:Hentai

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

For some reason Chrome slows down on sites I usually browse, no idea why but it's really annoying, but pretty ridiculously fast when I go researching. I still use Firefox for casual browsing as a result, and Chrome whenever I do researching or whenever my internet begins to troll.

Hentai loves you. Yes, you.

#15 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

http://lifehacker.co...-memory-feature

epic feature dawgs

#16 alairauston

alairauston

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

I used to adore firefox, but ever since I downloaded chrome I can't believe I ever used that crap. So many more features, so much faster, trust me chrome is 100 percent better .It uses less memory, generally speaking.It has been troughoutly testes and has dozens of security related extensions.

#17 anmak

anmak

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:09 AM

Of Course Chrome is better then Firefox, Chore is much comfortable and more reliable then others. Great speed and updated features. Chrome have so many beautiful theme as well. Firefox also nice and great one. Firefox have very nice add-on features. But I prefer first Chrome in these two.

#18 Gooby

Gooby

(屮゚Д゚)屮

• Respected Member
  • 1900 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

I can't even remember the time when I used FireFox. I just know that I got sick of it after a crash that I decided was the "final straw" and downloaded Chrome. Haven't looked back since.

Actually, I'm typing this from the new ChromeOS note/netbook thing they released for their ChromeOS pilot program recently. Chrome definitely turned me into a Google fanboy, heh.

Edited by EmVee, 17 December 2010 - 08:54 PM.

S IGNATURE

#19 sarahjhon

sarahjhon

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:20 AM

I switched to google chrome because it was a new and it support all types of extension file and it contain little plugins but it was nice. Chrome was a fast in speed. It interface was easy and not extra unrequired features was over there. Chrome get a speed even if we open so many extension of it.

#20 caslee

caslee

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:59 AM

I used both but first prefer Firefox. Chrome also nice but Firefox is much comfortable and great features. Firefox has more add-one features which make our work very easy and faster so it best for me my daily work and also best for sort key.
IVA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users