xFoxtrot1337

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:xFoxtrot1337

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

Hello everyone,

Soon I am going to be buying a new computer, (Probably Dell Optiplex series) and most of the ones I have seen run with a 3.2 or 3.4 Pentium 4 with Hyper-threading, so I'm fine in that department, its going to have windows XP, 1gig of (ddr2 or 3?) ram, 80 gig Hitachi 5400 RPM hdd (Fine for me, I only have maplestory, schoolwork, music, and pictures) but heres the problem.... no graphics card. O.o Only the piece of junk they put in the stupid dell motherboard. Probably intel integrated.. O.O THE HORROR!! So, I have an ATi Radeon 9200 laying around here, so should I put that in? On the box it says its meant to run half life 2, but idk. I have drivers and stuff. I have like 80 bucks extra (from my parents) so I was hoping to get the best video card I could for the money.

-THANKS and please note this is going to be used mainly for MapleStory gaming
Which looks best? Please tell me! PM me!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

MapleStory takes up almost no processing power. You don't need more than a gig of memory, a P3, and integrated graphics to run most bosses smoothly.

#3 Tich

Tich

Tide Warden

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 9428 posts
  • IGN:TIIIIIIIIICH SHOWAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

Well, if the graphics card can be plugged in, there is no harm to it.

olic1.jpg
Knowledge is power and I... know a lot.

#4 Oddworld

Oddworld

Oddity Level: Endangered

• Official Member
  • 736 posts
  • IGN:TIYMSCN.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:20 PM

The information may not be correct, but for the best performance, you must have (at least):

CPU - Pentium III/Athlon or better
CPU Speed - 700 MHz
RAM - 128 MB
OS - Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
Free Disk Space - 1.5 GB

So, as Randall said:

MapleStory takes up almost no processing power.

So you should be OK with finding a computer that can run it, let alone perfectly. =3
Faces of Evil: (๏_๏) (ಥ﹏ಥ) (ಠ_ಠ) (^ω^) t(Шt) ⌐(∆⌐) (_) ﺧ益ﺨ

Relationship list, my YouTube channel, "Adventures with Sharky!", My Twitter, and I wish I could tell you my blog, but NOOOOOO, apparently this forum doesn't allow it.
My Skype: abex300
Ami, Yoko, Etna, and Coco

My TF2 Custom Weapon Guide
Click Here To Lose Your Sanity

I came from another world, my body a home of oddness and humor. No logic in my eyes, no gravity of my skin, no harm of my heart. My soul, as full and light as the daylight. I laugh at the trolls, spit at the offensive names, for they will not harm my reputation. For eternity, I will post the forum, smelling the sweet friends of MapleTip, feasting upon the oranges of the grown. Beware, for I am the Oddworld.

By the way, my alignment is: Chaotic Good

Posted Image

#5 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

The information may not be correct, but for the best performance, you must have (at least):

CPU - Pentium III/Athlon or better
CPU Speed - 700 MHz
RAM - 128 MB
OS - Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
Free Disk Space - 1.5 GB

So, as Randall said:

MapleStory takes up almost no processing power.

So you should be OK with finding a computer that can run it, let alone perfectly. =3

So basically, a netbook is way more than qualified to run this, and therefore the perfect computer to play MapleStory on is the cheapest netbook you can buy.

Edited by Randallrocks, 18 February 2010 - 09:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users