- - - - -

Apple's iPad

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbes

Hobbes
  • IGN:WindHobbes

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

Dunno if Apple is serious, but here's the link (Engadget, they're probably serious.) http://www.engadget....creation-event/

iPad is the fabled Apple Tablet. wtf is Steve Jobs thinking with iPad... iTablet would have been much better. when I first saw the title I thought it was a high tech panty liner for periods lmao.

ya.png

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

I love the name, haha. I love it, but am disappointed at the lack of Flash plugin. :(

#3 Ktk_

Ktk_

Starcraft 2, Penspinning, etc.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3909 posts
  • IGN:KtkSword

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

No Flash
No HDMI out
No Multitasking
No widescreen (question mark!)
No Camera
No USB
No stand (how do you type w/o a table?)

and a High cost? blegh.

source
http://i.gizmodo.com...kyline=true&s=i

Posted Image

#4 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

No Flash
No HDMI out
No Multitasking
No widescreen (question mark!)
No Camera
No USB
No stand (how do you type w/o a table?)

and a High cost? blegh.

source
http://i.gizmodo.com...kyline=true&s=i

Posted Image

In your lap or with this thing.

And why would you want USB ports?

#5 Hobbes

Hobbes

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

that's just a silly question.

Is that an SD card slot beside the headphone jack or some other port? Another thing, is it just me or is the bezel really thick. (the black part framing the screen)

ya.png

#6 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

...OH WAIT. damn I didn't think about that before I posted it. My bad.

#7 Ktk_

Ktk_

Starcraft 2, Penspinning, etc.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3909 posts
  • IGN:KtkSword

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

bezel is thick but you need to hold the thing somewhere, right? No unwanted input. It was necessary. I'm not sure what that is, but it would be a pleasant surprise to find that the iPad actually had an SD slot... (But no USB question mark)

http://www.crunchgea...-port-adapters/

Not an SD slot ._.

and WiMax adapters for USB is even better of an idea!

Edited by Ktk_, 27 January 2010 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Soaa-

Soaa-

Ed's body... it's mine...!

• MT Awards Creator
  • 5433 posts
  • IGN:UnluckysparX

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:05 PM

Buncha losers at Apple. This is the product of 20 years of tablet R&D?

It's just a glorified picture frame. Look at that bezel. I thought them screens were smart enough to know whether it's your thumb on the side or your index tapping something in the middle of the screen. And lack of expandability. Just because Apple doesn't want to make it convenient to use SD cards huh?

No excuse for no multitasking. If a jailbroken iPhone can do it, this thing is certainly capable.

I see how it can be useful to some people but it's like a baby's first computer. A lot of things are too simplified, and it's all locked up so you can't break it. I don't see any serious computer user enjoy using this thing on a regular basis.
Behold, I will corrupt your seed,
and spread dung upon your faces

Malachi 2:3

Still love you, muh friends. <3

#9 Hobbes

Hobbes

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

@ktk doesn't mean the bezel should be huge. I think it would have been better if it were proportional to the size of the tablet. Honestly its not going to make a HUGE difference if half your finger is on the screen when you pick it up. I think most people are going to hold it like a Gameboy anyways.

I think the iPad is marketed towards people who aren't very tech savvy (then again how many Mac users are really that into computers). I remember reading an iPad prediction somewhere that said that the iPad would run the iPhone OS or something similar because it was really easy to learn and incredibly easy to use everyday.

imo, Apple overhyped this WAY too much. No multitask, no SD, no brand spanking new innovations. Its just an iPod touch on steroids wearing a fat bezel. maybe Apple will get it right when they decide to release a new model. They should change the name too, God. I feel like such a moron saying iPad.

Spoiler

ya.png

#10 Tich

Tich

Tide Warden

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 9428 posts
  • IGN:TIIIIIIIIICH SHOWAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:25 AM

If my brother was an expert, this is a competition killer. But being realistic, this is just a stepped on version of a tablet PC. sry, I'd really rather have a tablet PC then this. It can do more.

olic1.jpg
Knowledge is power and I... know a lot.

#11 iBev

iBev

I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

• Official Member
  • 3217 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:17 AM

This thing.. looks horrible. What's the point in only being able to run one thing at once, for starters? ._.

And lol @ name. WAY TO GO.

KC and I are taking over the world.

Posted Image

I<3UTICH

You can stalk me and my art on my deviantArt, my Tumblr and my Twitter.
Also my MSN. Which is on my profile. Get it yourself.

#12 TZD

TZD

i hav 1338 sader noobs

• Official Member
  • 1367 posts
  • IGN:N

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

The iPad looks like a freaking joke. Much of what's been said about its lack of features have already been said, so I would rather mention about its design.
I could care less if it can view movies: I want to see them on a big screen, not on a freaking thing you have to hold or put on your lap/table/whatever. The screen is too small: it's like you have to squint your eyes or hold it up your nose to see small font or small images.
It sounds so gimmicky, and it doesn't even have the usual characteristics of what made a personal computer a brilliant invention in the first place. You can multi-task. You have a big screen (old monitors may take up a lot of space, but at least you can see stuff). You can use a laptop comfortably without having to deal so much with holding it with your hands or having to keep your neck down on your lap to see anything.

Edited by TZD, 28 January 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#13 Hobbes

Hobbes

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

The iPad looks like a freaking joke. Much of what's been said about its lack of features have already been said, so I would rather mention about its design.
I could care less if it can view movies: I want to see them on a big screen, not on a freaking thing you have to hold or put on your lap/table/whatever. The screen is too small: it's like you have to squint your eyes or hold it up your nose to see small font or small images.
It sounds so gimmicky, and it doesn't even have the usual characteristics of what made a personal computer a brilliant invention in the first place. You can multi-task. You have a big screen (old monitors may take up a lot of space, but at least you can see stuff). You can use a laptop comfortably without having to deal so much with holding it with your hands or having to keep your neck down on your lap to see anything.

too bad people are still going to buy it.

ya.png

#14 albernbowen

albernbowen

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:10 AM

According to my experience if you are a Face-Book user, you would probably not like to access your account from the iPad. This is because the iPhone applications are blown upto ‘pixel double’, and the text-oriented Face-Book looks tepid in the full screen mode, However, this feature is quite good when it comes to games. Even as the presentation was going on, the people present were too occupied in their gadgets to spare a glance at the executives on the podium.
We must change in order to survive.

#15 berryrock

berryrock

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

I see the all snaps from your link. I think Steve jobs change the technology in all over the world. Moreover I also like Apple Ipad. It's very useful as a features wise and also the look is so cool. I appreciate your ideas and words. Thanks for this post.

#16 Leki

Leki

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:xheavenzher0

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:04 AM

The iPad Looks really very Funny lol

#17 rosylook01

rosylook01

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

I like to use ipad which is best and beautiful creation of an apple company. it has excellent features like messenger service, video, movie and music downloading, photo capture and many other facility. moreover it contains large numbers of memory storage. its provide extra ordinary customer services to the users.
http://www.usc.co.uk...efault,sc.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>mens coats

#18 gillian

gillian

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

that's just a silly question.

Is that an SD card slot beside the headphone jack or some other port? Another thing, is it just me or is the bezel really thick. (the black part framing the screen)

ipad 2 smart cover ipad 2 speaker dock leather ipad 2 covers

...OH WAIT. damn I didn't think about that before I posted it. My bad.

Edited by gillian, 14 June 2011 - 01:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users