#1 stopffs

stopffs

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • IGN:iSmartbook

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

As you can see from the title, this will be a comprehensive page to white knight guide ,to give insight to well experienced pro's as well as beginner tips to the noobs of the ever joining community =D i will try to be as thorough as possible with the guide although parts at times may be vague so please feel free to give constructive criticism, as this is my first guide ever.
I. What is a freaking white knight?
II. Pro's and Con's
III. Skills and builds for Page
IV. Sword VS Blunt
. Training area's ( levels 30-70)

- Well a whiteknight is more like a hybrid between a mage and warrior, utilizing its elemental powers and brute strength to pack one hell of a punch. While i took a break from maple, before all these new maps came out ludi was the crowdest $%^$er in the world, but whiteknights were known as the KINGS of ludi with our elements. Do u like fire? do u like thunder? do u enjoy giving the enemies frostbite? do u enjoy dishing out uninterruptable stuns? well then by all means, please continue to read xD

II. Pro's and Con's

THE PRO'S
-Elements always make training area's changeable
-many different available and possible builds to actually apply
-swords and blunt weapons are generally quite cheap(easier to scroll items)
-a uninterruptable stun which makes training more efficient
-great defense
-powergaurd is awesome
-while threaten make look useless....it is usless xD but sure looks mad cool

THE CON'S
-the begining levels when maxing one charge makes training area's limited
-pages are unwanted in pqs due to NO party buffs available
-solo character for the most part
-use slash blast and powerstrike for ....eternity
-lame attack animations as its JUST powerstrike that owns.
-threaten in my opinion is useless although if someone would like to challange me on that im all ears.
-poopie magic defense.
-ridiculously unstable damages at first (lvls 31-71) ( 1.2k-5k)

III. now if ure reading this section, i assume uve chosen the path of a page so congrats and goodluck cause trust me this isnt a favorable one, but in the end it'll that much more worth it when you own. now the skills of a page are simple enough, but not very useful for the most part...

Sword/Blunt Weapon Mastery- a skill that really really helps you out with your base damage helping it to be a little less random, one of the first skills you will be maxing as it also gives a nice little accuracy boost.
Sword/Blunt Final attack- now this skills brings along alot of controversy, and i will bring into this guide a factor sheet showing the pro's and con's of maxing it or not which i found out from another pro paladin whose information is really helpful. while you kill boss monsters with powerstrike much better, your mobbing powers drop considerably. you'll see in later section how and why.
Sword/Blunt Booster- awesome skill, raises your speed of the weapon +1 (ex. slow-->normal and normal--> fast), while the speed is same at all levels you will max this regardless, justt how early you max it can vary, but just for your knowledge i kept mine at level 6 up to my late 5x's.
Threaten- now this skill...really confuses me and even to this point still does, and i hear factors defend and attack this skill countlessly. however regardless of just how useful it is, we max it anyway. its a pages signature move we have to >Posted Image

Powergaurd- a really amazing skill, and i recently learned that its useful for...leeching? idont know much about this so please feel free to enlighten me, but a good skill. at max level it returns 40% of physical damage to ure attacker, and therefore reduces the dmg u take. sweeeett!

NOTE* ( x1= apply 1 times, x2=apply 2 times, x3=apply 3 times)

SB#1( FA LESS)
30-Sword/BW mastery x1
31-Sword/BW mastery x3
32- Sword/BW mastery x3
33- Sword/BW mastery x3
34- Sword/BW mastery x3
35- Sword/BW mastery x3
36- Sword/BW mastery x3
37- Threaten x3
38- Power Gaurd x3
39- Power Gaurd x3
40- Power Gaurd x3
41- Power Gaurd x3
42- Power Gaurd x3
43- Power Gaurd x3
44- Power Gaurd x3
45- Power Gaurd x3
46- Power Gaurd x3
47- Power Gaurd x3
48- Sword/BW Booster- x3
49- Sword/BW Booster- x3
50- Sword/BW Booster- x3
51- Sword/BW Booster- x3
52- Threaten x3
53- Threaten x3
54- Threaten x3
55- Threaten x3
56- Threaten x3
57- Threaten x2, Sword/BW Booster-x1
58-

Edited by stopffs, 17 January 2010 - 01:00 AM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts
  • IGN:Strombidae

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

Just saying, if you're unaware, kMST is doing a "Balance Patch" to help out Paladins, and that includes making Threaten useful.

The patch will also give Paladins the better 1v1 damage. So you can say they will REALLY pay off in 4th job.
Strombidae - 123 Windia Hero. 2-monster hitting Brandish is so hot.
SeasonabIe - 49 Windia Cleric. Unmotivated to level.

??????? - Night Walker in progress.

#3 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

1. Pages DO NOT have unstable damage from 31-71, that's why people max mastery 1st.
2. Swords cost a crapload to buy/scroll.
3. Magic def doesn't matter.
4. Booster gives +1 speed from 1-10, then from 11-20
5. Defence also doesn't matter, because you're going to be training on monsters in which a couple of extra def won't matter much at around mid 50ish.
6. You stop using slash blast and power strike at 4th job.
Play one before writing a guide on how to play/make one.

#4 stopffs

stopffs

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:48 AM

1. Pages DO NOT have unstable damage from 31-71, that's why people max mastery 1st.
5. Defence also doesn't matter, because you're going to be training on monsters in which a couple of extra def won't matter much at around mid 50ish.

1. pages DO have unstable damage, ill prove with a video of my new level 50 page later on, i hit from 1.2-3.5k damage, if thats not random then my god ure strange
2. swords are not expensive compared to spears and polearms, check prices in bellocan
3. magic defense doesnt matter but people sure as hell better know weak monsters can hit 600 on them with magic attack
4. u got me here
5. same as #3, its still a good thing to know
6. learn to read it says pages to whiteknights fag lard nothing about 4th job so please learn to read
so final note....read before u post all high and mighty love off

#5 stopffs

stopffs

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:48 AM

1. pages DO have unstable damage, ill prove with a video of my new level 50 page later on, i hit from 1.2-3.5k damage, if thats not random then my god ure strange
2. swords are not expensive compared to spears and polearms, check prices in bellocan
3. magic defense doesnt matter but people sure as hell better know weak monsters can hit 600 on them with magic attack
4. u got me here
5. same as #3, its still a good thing to know
6. learn to read it says pages to whiteknights fag lard nothing about 4th job so please learn to read
so final note....read before u post all high and mighty love off

#6 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:00 PM

1. It depends on your equipment, you probably went dexless or something. Another factor that affects damage range is the weapon.
2. Comparing swords to polearms is stupid. Really stupid, seeing as how arans just came out, =>massive inflation in PA scrolls. Generally, sword scrolls are more than spears, as I've sold sword scrolls for 1-1.5 mil more than spear scrolls (both being 60%s).
3. Monsters don't hit 600's up intil the 7xish.
5. Def may help in the early run, but in the long run, it's not that useful.
6. I admit my mistake on the 4th job thing, no need to act all childish and swear at me.
No need to turn this to a massive flame war.
ALSO I THINK SOMEONE EARNED A 10% WARN FOR FLAMING.

Edited by CaptObvious, 17 January 2010 - 07:07 PM.

#7 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts
  • IGN:Strombidae

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

I can hit 6K and 11K on my Sader, which is unstable in your eyes. All classes are unstable until they get mastery, I don't think that's a valid point.

Defense (and magic defense) don't matter past like, Level 40. You might wanna save a bit of money on pots at Level 100 because of pot burn, but seriously, defense will NEVER matter.

Seriously, WITH Power Guard Himes do 1K touch to my Crusader, and 1.7Kish with Magic. I can go to Gobies and take 1.3K magic (not often I get hit by magic) from Bone Fish and Goby Houses, and take 600 damage from Gobies (touch). They're both great %/hour, but Gobies clearly saves me pots.

Damage from monsters is NOT a big deal.
Strombidae - 123 Windia Hero. 2-monster hitting Brandish is so hot.
SeasonabIe - 49 Windia Cleric. Unmotivated to level.

??????? - Night Walker in progress.

#8 pigreaper

pigreaper

MC Public Urination

• Official Member
  • 849 posts
  • IGN:rolee2nd

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

i would wait until the balance patch comes before finishing this... the page/wk/pally class will be turned upside down and shaken around a little (like a threaten 1st build for PQ bosses) 140% base fire charge damage.
***sper m*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users