Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Location:1337 Shoopdawoop Road, Pineapple Land, The 18th Dimension
  • IGN:ToasterBoy13

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:27 AM

So, who's excited for GOOGLE WAAAAVE?? mush1a.gif

For those who don't know what that is: Google Wave is kind of inexplicable, but in a good way. I'm pretty sure that it runs on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE (if you add the Chrome framework to it). Google spokespeople described it as "what email would have looked like if it was invented now." And it is sort of like email-but improved. Users send "waves", or messages, to each other, which pile up in your inbox like regular emails. But how, Toaster, is this different, you may ask. Well, Waves don't just sit there. You and anyone you send a Wave to can edit that Wave by typing in it, putting in movies, games, polls, maps, pretty much anything. You see what the other person is typing as they type it. You can publish it to a blog or embed it in a website (where it can still be edited). Not only that, but Google is encouraging developers to write apps for Waves to make them do EVEN MORE. This Time article is where I got the info, and it explains it better: http://www.time.com/...1929231,00.html

I sent in a request for an invitation already. I can't wait to see if I get invited (I wrote a long message explaining why I should get it, etc.). Wave's scheduled to launch fully first half of 2010, but Gmail spent 5 years in beta...I'll probably be waiting for a long time to see if I was accepted or rejected for it. It looks pretty awesome right now, but I'll have to be able to try it out before I can really judge its quality.

Edited by ToasterBoy, 17 October 2009 - 08:28 AM.

"The toasters are coming!! Hide your children!! Stay indoors!! Buy a gun!! Arm yourselves with knowledge!!"

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Exculpation

Exculpation

The real Conficker

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1525 posts
  • IGN:ILWizard27

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

This...actually looks promising.

#3 ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Location:1337 Shoopdawoop Road, Pineapple Land, The 18th Dimension
  • IGN:ToasterBoy13

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

Here's the keynote conference on it, too.
You can sign up for an invite here.
I'm checking my Gmail pretty much every waking moment of the day now.
"The toasters are coming!! Hide your children!! Stay indoors!! Buy a gun!! Arm yourselves with knowledge!!"

#4 Ktk_

Ktk_

Starcraft 2, Penspinning, etc.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3909 posts
  • IGN:KtkSword

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

Google Wave (Friend got me an invite YES~) = pretty awesome, even just for chatting purposes. At the moment it gets buggy occasionally, and uploads are a bit fishy, but it's it's neat.

Posted Image

#5 iBev

iBev

I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

• Official Member
  • 3217 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(ToasterBoy @ Oct 17 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's the keynote conference on it, too.
You can sign up for an invite here.
I'm checking my Gmail pretty much every waking moment of the day now.

I wouldn't bother checking too often. It could take months.

Looks cool, though. <:

KC and I are taking over the world.

Posted Image

I<3UTICH

You can stalk me and my art on my deviantArt, my Tumblr and my Twitter.
Also my MSN. Which is on my profile. Get it yourself.

#6 Gooby

Gooby

(屮゚Д゚)屮

• Respected Member
  • 1900 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

I applied for an invite and I think I wrote about one line about my intentions (which I lied about) and my invitation came a couple days ago. :> am i lucky

Edited by EmVee, 06 December 2009 - 10:43 PM.

S IGNATURE

#7 iBev

iBev

I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

• Official Member
  • 3217 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

I got my invite thing a couple weeks ago. Don't think I wrote very much on the signup sheet. Haven't used my acc much at all though.

KC and I are taking over the world.

Posted Image

I<3UTICH

You can stalk me and my art on my deviantArt, my Tumblr and my Twitter.
Also my MSN. Which is on my profile. Get it yourself.

#8 alairauston

alairauston

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:51 AM

Become thoroughly familiar with Google Wave, including its key concepts and terminology.Google Wave offers consumers a distinct advantage over current communication and collaboration technologies.It combines aspects of email, instant messaging, wikis, web chat, social networking, and project management to build one elegant.

#9 sarahjhon

sarahjhon

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:03 AM

It was an software which was worked in real time collaborating editing application. It was released in 2009. It was made to bring an email, instant messging, wiki and many more and are able to work in concert. Some key technologies are worked in google wave as real time collaboration and many things. A wave contain text and documents in equal parts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users