GrayTailed

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:WhiteTailed

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

WORK IN PROGRESS -->

(((Hey so I'm going to add onto this guide as I go along on my character so I don't give any false information or inexperienced words of wisdom. This is a legit guide that I will update as My character goes along)))

Alright, so I've look around for a while for a decent, detailed Dawn Warrior guide, but I seem to need to keep changing guides because they don't explain the why's of everything. I suppose I'm very technical, but I only listen to a guide if I understand that it is the best/prefered way (build, training spot, etc.)

When you start off with you character, assuming you know how to make a cygnus knight, simply do all the cygnus knight quests when you can. It will easily level you to around level 14 before you get off Erev.

Start off simply clicking that AUTO button in your stat window until you get your job at level 10 (but you probably will keep using it beyond that.)

As for Skills, personally, I don't even put them in. If you just want to use the points, I would suggest putting them in your speed and hp skills.

Sorry for being so breif and blunt about the beginning, but honestly, its a no-brainer.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now that you're a Cygnus Knight (which i found out recently is pronounced sig nuhs lol) You are well on your way to owning adventurers (lol -__-).

Hey so side comment, Those of you who choose to be adventurers, do you really believe that you will get to level 200? The stat points will technically even out with cygnus at level 134, but IMO Cygnus Skills are still better. Not to start a flame war, but it just bothers me for some reason lol.

Anyway... as for training.
The CYGNUS KNIGHT QUESTS OWN. They will carry you to level 30 within days. You have to do them anyway in order to get your 2nd job, so just do them lol.
For the levels in between where you finished a quest but the next quest is a level or two ahead, just train on what you trained on for the previous quest (most likely pigs/ribboned pigs).
Do the Natillius quests as well. There are a bunch of easy, brainless ones that gives you a hefty exp boost. (save your pig ribbons for the natillius quests). Sometimes you can get the timing where the cygnus knight quests and the natillius quests overlap, where 3 quests at the same time, you do the same thing. Very smart to set up if you can.

The best map I found for inbetween quest training, is the dungeon 2 maps to the right of henesys (bottom portal of henesys). It is great for grinding and the 3 quests that have to do with pigs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ALL THIS WAS TOTALLY TAKEN FROM TATTERDRAGON)

Greetings from the Young Queen Level 1+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Cygnus] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Nothing
Rewards: 20 exp
Process: Simply talk to Cygnus in the map you start out in and you're done.

Neinheart the Strategist Level 1+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Neinheart] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Greetings from the Young Queen completed
Rewards: 40 exp, Noblesse medal, Noblesse robe
Process: Simply talk to Neinheart in the map you start out in and you're done.

Kiku the Knight Trainer Level 1+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Kiku] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Neinheart the Strategist completed
Rewards: 60 exp, 10 Noblesse Red Potion (50 HP), 10 Noblesse Blue Potion (100 MP), 1 Noblesse hat
Process: From Shinsoo, head west to a map packed full of level 120 Cygnus Knights (so much for my dreams of training myself fast enough to be there...). Heading west some more you should encounter the main town. Just keep going west and out the furthest west portal. Kiku is located here, just talk to him and the quest is completed.

----Note: All of the below enemies can be located in the main Training Forest maps. The maps I list are just maps with those monsters exclusively.

Kiku's First Training Session Level 1+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Tino] (photobucket.com/), Kiku
Requires: Kiku the Knight Trainer completed
Rewards: 80 exp
Process: Defeat 5 Tinos and return to Kiku. From Kiku, go through the northeast portal and you will find Tino's Forest.

Kiku's Second Training Session Level 1+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Tiv] (photobucket.com/), Kiku
Requires: Kiku's First Training Session completed
Rewards: 100 exp, 15 Noblesse Red Potion, 15 Noblesse Blue Potion
Process: Defeat 10 Tivs and return to Kiku. From Kiku, go through the northwest portal and you will find Tiv's Forest.

Kiku's Third Training Session Level 1+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Timu] (photobucket.com/), Kiku
Requires: Kiku's Second Training Session completed
Rewards: 250 exp
Process: Defeat 15 Timus and return to Kiku. From Kiku, go through the southwest portal. Then, go through the northeast portal to find Timu's Forest.

Kiku's Fourth Training Session Level 1+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Tiru] (photobucket.com/), Kiku
Requires: Kiku's Third Training Session completed
Rewards: 500 exp, 25 Noblesse Red Potion, 25 Noblesse Blue Potion
Process: Defeat 20 Tirus and return to Kiku. From Kiku, go through the southwest portal. Then, go through the northwest portal to find Tiru's Forest.

Kiku's Last Training Session Level 1+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Tiguru] (photobucket.com/), Kiku
Requires: Kiku's Fourth Training Session completed
Rewards: 750 exp
Process: Defeat 3 Tigurus and return to Kiku. From Kiku, go through the southwest porta. Then, go through the southwest portal again. Finally, go through the northeast portal to find Tiguru's Forest.

Ereve -- Becoming a Knight Section level 1-10+

The quests in this section deal with advancing from Noblesse to Cygnus Knight, while giving you some exp in the process. You must be level 10 for most of the quests in this section, which involve talking with different NPCs on Ereve and a short quiz.
You may level up to 11 from 10 from this section, but don't be too concerned if you don't.

The Path of a Knight Level 1+ Cygnus only
Involved: Kiku
Requires: Kiku's Last Training Session completed
Rewards: 1,000 exp
Process: Talk to Kiku and and answer his questions. There are only two answers to each question, so it shouldn't be too hard.
Hint: Say whatever makes it sound more like you think Cygnus and what she is doing are the greatest thing since New Leaf City potions.
If you're too lazy, scroll down in the quote for the answers.

Time to Choose Level 10+ Cygnus only
Involved: Neinheart
Rewards: None
Process: Talk to Neinheart, who will tell you to choose a job.

Path of a {Cygnus Knight} Level 10+ Cygnus only
Involved: Cygnus class leaders on the far left of Shinsoo's map.
Requires: Time to Choose completed
Rewards: Knight in Training medal, Beginner weapon for your chosen class
Process: From Shinsoo, simply head to the far west side of the map to where all of the Cygnus representatives are lounging on a big structure. Talk to any one of them twice to accept the advancement to their Cygnus class and complete this quest.
Oz Advances you from Noblesse to Blaze Wizard
Mihile Advances you from Noblesse to Dawn Warrior
Eckheart Advances you from Noblesse to Night Walker (he's in the tree next to the rest of the representatives)
Hawkeye Advances you from Noblesse to Thunder Breaker
Irena Advances you from Noblesse to Wind Archer

Ereve -- Post-Knight Section level 10-15

You cannot leave Ereve until level 13, even though you make your first advancement at level 10. This section deals with getting you to level 13 quickly so you can leave Ereve. You get to hunt some low level monsters, talk to different NPCs, and get lots of exp and some potions to make your way to level 13. If you aren't at least level 13 by the end of this section's quests, you will need to level up to 13 in order to continue, but you shouldn't need to.

Are You Sure You Can Leave? Level 10-15 Cygnus only
Involved: Neinheart, Kiku
Requires: Path of a {Cygnus Knight} completed
Rewards: Nothing
Process: Head through the westernmost portal in each map from Shinsoo until you reach Kiku again. Speak with Kiku to complete the quest.

First Monster Acclimation Training Level 10-15 Cygnus only
Involved: [Drill Hall] (photobucket.com/), Kiku, Slime For Training
Requires: Are You Sure You Can Leave? completed
Rewards: 1,450 exp, 30 Noblesse Red Potion, 30 Noblesse Blue Potion
Process: Defeat 30 Slime For Training. Continue from Kiku through the southwest portals in each map until you reach the Drill Hall. Walk through the portal on the ground floor and you will find yourself in a map full of what look like ordinary Slimes. In fact, if it weren't for the name, you would never know that you weren't fighting a regular Slime. Take down 30 of these guys and head back to Kiku.

Second Monster Acclimation Training Level 10-15 Cygnus only
Involved: Drill Hall, Kiku, Orange Mushroom For Training
Requires: First Monster Acclimation Training completed
Rewards: 2,000 exp, 40 Noblesse Red Potion, 40 Noblesse Blue Potion
Process: Defeat 30 Orange Mushroom For Training. Head back to the Drill Hall as explained in First Monster Acclimation Training. Walk through the portal on the ground floor again. Surprise! Now the map is full of Orange Mushrooms For Training. Where did the Slimes For Training go? Oh well. Take down 30 Orange Mushroom For Training and head back to Kiku.

Third Monster Acclimation Training Level 10-15 Cygnus only
Involved: Drill Hall, Kiku, Pig For Training
Requires: Second Monster Acclimation Training completed
Rewards: 2,800 exp, 50 Noblesse Red Potion, 50 Noblesse Blue Potion
Process: Defeat 30 Pig For Training. You know the drill by now. Just pretend you're doing the First Monster Acclimation Training and you'll be done in no time.

Leaving Ereve -- Section level 13+

This section simply gives you your first assignment outside of Ereve. No rewards are given, other than allowing you to leave Ereve. It involves talking to Neinheart and then leaving Ereve.

Involved: [Ferry Map Entrance] (photobucket.com/)
Process: To leave Ereve, go west from Shinsoo back into town. Once there, locate the portal at the top of the stairs a short way further west and go in. Climb the stairs inside to see two NPCs there. The one on the left will take you to Ellinia in Victoria Island, while the one on the right will take you to Orbis Station. It would be a good idea to visit Victoria Island since there are a lot more Cygnus quests there and Orbis isn't terribly safe for someone only level 13. Once in Ellinia, make note of where the entrance back to the Ereve ferry is. It's on the other side of the map from the ferry to Orbis, so don't get confused!

Henesys - Town level: 13-14+

These quests all take place in and around Henesys. You must be at least level 13 to start the first one, and should be at or around level 16 by the time you finish. You will need to level to at least 16 before continuing on to the next section, but the quests give you enough experience that you shouldn't run into this problem. These quests involve hunting mushrooms and pigs around Henesys, and locating and talking to a few NPCs.

Sent to Henesys Level 13+ Cygnus only
Involved: Neinheart, [Roca] (photobucket.com/)
Process: Take the ferry from Ereve to Ellinia, then either walk or take the taxi to Henesys. Locate Roca, a short distance east of the Mushroom Park entrance, and speak with him to complete the quest.

A Cynical Orange Mushroom Level 13+ Cygnus only
Involved: Roca, Cynical Orange Mushroom, [Suspicious Hill] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Sent to Henesys completed
Process: Defeat 50 Cynical Orange Mushrooms and collect 1 Orange Mushroom Doll. Take the southeast portal from Henesys after talking to Roca. From here, exit through the northeast portal. (Note the spooky mushroom sign outside) Inside you will find a whole bunch of Cynical Orange Mushrooms. They have the same stats as a regular Orange Mushroom, so if you did the Second Monster Acclimation Training quest this should be about the same for difficulty. They occasionally drop Orange Mushroom Dolls, so keep an eye on what your Mushrooms drop and make sure to pick up the doll (you should find it before 50 kills). Report back to Roca once all the Cynical Orange Mushrooms are dead.

A Black Shadow in the Pig Farm Level 14+ Cygnus only
Involved: Roca, [A Tree] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: A Cynical Orange Mushroom completed
Process: Time for a shadow hunt! From Roca, make your way east from Henesys. Go east one more map until you are in the Rain Forest East of Henesys map. Once there, click on the tree shown in the Involved section for this quest. A scary shadow will come out and try to kill you (but it can't touch you because it's just a shadow and it's stuck in place). If it didn't give you a heart attack, head back to town and tell Roca about the shadow.

Pigs Revolt Level 14+ Cygnus only
Involved: Roca
Requires: A Black Shadow in the Pig Farm completed
Rewards: 1,500 exp
Process: Defeat 100 Pigs and 50 Ribbon Pigs and collect 1 Pig Doll. A good place to do this is inside the Henesys Pig Farm, which can be accessed through the northeast portal in the Rain Forest East of Henesys, where you investigated the shadows. Make sure to pick up the Pig Doll when it drops, which should happen before or shortly after you finish killing all the monsters you need.

Done with Henesys Level 14+ Cygnus only
Involved: Roca, Neinheart
Requires: Pigs Revolt completed
Rewards: 1,700 exp
Process: Talk to Roca in Henesys, then take his report and the Pig Doll to Neinheart in Ereve. Quest complete, and so is the Henesys area.

Kerning City - Town level: 16-17+

These quests all take place in and around Kerning City. You must be at least level 16 to start the first one, and should be at or around level 18 by the time you finish. You will need to level to at least 18 before continuing on to the next section, but the quests give you enough experience that you shouldn't run into this problem. The quests in this section involve locating and talking to a few NPCs, and a lot of hunting Bubblings in the Kerning City subway. You may want to get some extra potions since Bubblings are a bit of a pain.

Sent to Kerning City Level 16+ Cygnus only
Involved: Neinheart, [Matthias] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Done With Henesys completed
Process: Talk with Neinheart in Ereve, then go talk to Matthias in Kerning City. Matthias can be found on the western side of Kerning City, on the bottom level.

Hidden Inside the Trash Can Level 16+ Cygnus only
Involved: Matthias, [Trash Can] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Sent to Kerning City completed
Rewards: 800 exp
Process: It's time to visit the Kerning City Subway today. Head to the east side of Kerning City and go in the door on the big blue Subway building on the bottom level. Then head out through the portal on the southeast side of the map you're in to one full of Bubblings (they look like blue Slimes). Locate and click on the trash cans to rummage through the garbage for a Bubbling Doll. Once you have it, go visit Matthias again and take a shower.

Fake Doll Level 16+ Cygnus only
Involved: Matthias, Bubblings
Requires: Hidden Inside the Trash Can completed
Rewards: 2,200 exp
Process: Defeat 100 Bubblings, collect 30 more Bubbling Dolls. How can a doll be fake? Anyway, it's back into that map loaded up with Bubblings again. Once there, proceed to kill off any Bubbling in site until you have 100 kills. Make sure to pick up the dolls they drop while you're at it, you need 30 for this quest too.

I Shall Pick 'Em All Level 17+ Cygnus only
involved: Matthias, [Mr. Pickall] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Fake Doll completed
Rewards: 2,000 exp
Process: Complete A Deal With Mr. Pickall and then return to Matthias.

A Deal With Mr. Pickall Level 17+ Cygnus only
Involved: Mr. Pickall, Bubblings
Requires: I Shall Pick 'Em All in progress
Rewards: Required for I Shall Pick 'Em All quest
Process: Collect 10 Old Keys from Bubblings. You might go through up to 200 Bubblings before you find all ten, but it shouldn't take terribly long anyway. Make sure to return to Mr. Pickall and then Matthias after you have all 10 Old Keys.

Done with Kerning City Level 17+ Cygnus only
Involved: Matthias, Neinheart
Requires: I Shall Pick 'Em All completed
Reward: 3,500 exp
Process: Return to Ereve again and speak with Neinheart.

Ellinia - Town level: 18-19+

These quests all take place in and around Ellinia. You must be at least level 18 to start the first one, and should be at or around level 20 by the time you finish. You will need to level to at least level 25 before continuing on to the next section, which means you will need to train or do other quests before continuing to the next section since the quests in this one won't give you enough experience to reach level 25. These quests involve locating various NPCs, whacking plants with physical attacks around Ellinia, and hunting a large mob of blue mushrooms. Lots of potions are recommended for the mushroom part when you investigate Grendel.

Sent to Ellinia Level 18+ Cygnus only
Involved: Neinheart, [Hersha] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Done with Kerning City completed
Reward: None
Process: Locate Hersha about midway up the east side of Ellinia and speak with him to complete the quest.

Maybe It's Arwen! Level 18+ Cygnus only
Involved: Hersha, [Stump] (photobucket.com/), [Arwen] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Sent to Ellinia completed
Reward: 2,500 exp and unknown item(s) (item's existence possibly a typo on Nexon's part)
Process: Collect Fairy Medicine and give it to Arwen. To acquire Fairy Medicine, first go through the northwest portal in Ellinia to the Field Up North of Ellinia map. Exit through the west portal in this map to The Tree That Grew I. Stand in front of the tree on the left and press the up key. Keep doing so until you pass through The Tree That Grew I, II, and III. At the top of the third one is a rope that you can climb up to one last portal overhead. Once inside, click on the stump to acquire the Fairy Medicine. From here you can either use a return scroll, walk back the way you came, or take a dive over the edge and wind up in Sleepywood. Either way, you have to go back to Ellinia and talk to Arwen midway up the left side to complete this quest.

The Plants Are Suspicious! Level 18+ Cygnus only
Involved: Hersha, [Plant] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Maybe It's Arwen completed
Reward: 3,500 exp
Process: Collect 10 Fruit. Head out of Ellinia in any direction and look around for the plants in the picture. Every outdoor map outside of town has ten or so. Simply whack the plants until they disappear. The fruits are extremely common for plants (all ten of my first plants dropped the fruits). Once you have them all, take them back to Hersha and the quest will be counted as completed.

Maybe It's Grendel! Level 19+ Cygnus only
Involved: Hersha, [Grendel's House] (photobucket.com/), [Inside Grendel's House] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Maybe it's the Plants! completed
Reward: 4,000 exp
Process: First thing first, make sure you have a bunch of potions, because you'll be fighting a mob of around 30 Blue Mushrooms all at once for this quest. Once you're ready, head to Grendel's house and try to go in. Only a small handful of people are allowed in at a time, so if it says that Grendel is still inside, either wait for someone to finish and come out or try changing channels. Once inside, it would be a good idea to climb up the ladder onto the shelves marked in green and black on the right. This is so that you have a moment to measure what you're up against before it runs you over. Once you're properly settled, click on the books outlined in red and black on the left. A mob of Blue Mushrooms will spawn and scatter all over the ground floor, and escaping requires that you take them all down. Once they're dead, head back to Hersha and the quest is over.
----Tip: Ranged classes can stand on the box outlined in blue and black on the lower right to attack (or the barrels on top in the case of Wind Archers) to avoid the mobs, but you should still be careful since the mushrooms can and probably will jump up to meet you.
----Tip: Xetrina discovered that allowing the timer inside Grendel's house to expire will teleport you out of the house. This means that if you can't defeat all the mushrooms in ten minutes, you will be safely teleported out anyway, and you can still complete the quest by talking to Hersha again. So if you just can't kill them, there's still hope for escape.
----Tip: If you get impatient and want to leave without killing the Blue Mushrooms or waiting, OuroKishi has discovered that logging out and back in again will remove you from the house and allow you to complete the quest without killing all the mushrooms.
----Note: Grendel's house is a "protected" map. So if you accidentally die, you only lose 1% of your current exp rather than 5% or 10%. So if you die, it won't be as bad as it normally is. (thank you to uglylonersin and dahlia123 for testing this)

Done With Ellinia Level 19+ Cygnus only
Involved: Hersha, Neinheart
Requires: Maybe it's Grendel! completed
Reward: 5,000 exp
Process: Head back to Ereve, talk with Neinheart, and you're done.

Perion - Town level: 25-26+

These quests all take place in and around Perion. You must be at least level 25 to start the first one, and should be at or around level 27~28 by the time you finish. You will need to level to at least level 28 before continuing on to the next section, which means you may need to train or do other quests before continuing to the next section since the quests in this one may not give you enough experience to reach level 28. This quest chain involves, as usual, locating a few NPCs and hunting monsters. The target monsters this time are Masks in Perion.

Before Heading to Perion Level 25+ Cygnus only
Requires: Done With Ellinia completed
Process: This quest will appear via a little light bulb over your head. Once you accept it, go visit Neinheart in Ereve and talk to him.

Sent to Perion Level 25+ Cygnus only
Involved: Neinheart, 10 Boogies (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Before Heading to Perion completed
Reward: 600 exp
Process: Look for 10 Boogies on the east side of Perion, about midway up in height. Speak with her to complete this quest.

Wooden Mask Level 25+ Cygnus only
Involved: 10 Boogies, Wooden Mask
Requires: Sent to Perion completed
Reward: 5,000 exp
Process: Defeat 200 Wooden Masks. The best place to hunt for wooden masks is east from Perion. Continue east until you reach Rocky Road III, then go north from there to Excavation Site I. Here you will find Ghost Stumps and a few Wooden Masks. Continue one more map north to Excavation Site II, where there are a lot of Wooden Masks and a few Rocky Masks. Hunt the Wooden Masks here, then return to 10 Boogies.

Stone Mask Level 26+ Cygnus only
Involved: 10 Boogies, Stone Mask
Requires: Wooden Mask completed
Reward: 6,500 exp
Process: Defeat 200 Stone Mask. Follow the directions to Excavation Site II from the [b]Wooden Mask[b] quest, but continue one more map north to Excavation Site III. This is the best map to hunt for Stone Masks in. Once you have 200 defeated, return to 10 Boogies for your reward.

Done with Perion Level 26+ Cygnus only
Involved: 10 Boogies, Neinheart
Requires: Stone Mask completed
Reward: 7,500 exp
Process: Accept the quest from 10 Boogies, then go back to Neinheart in Ereve again. Quest complete, bye-bye Perion.

Sleepywood - Town level: 28+

These quests all take place in and around Sleepywood and the Ant Tunnel. You must be at least level 28 to start the first one, and should be at or around level 30 by the time you finish. You will need to level to at least level 30 before continuing on to the next section, which means you may need to train or do other quests before continuing to the next section since the quests in this one may not give you enough experience to reach level 30. You should come pretty close though from the quests. Again, you'll be locating NPCs and hunting monsters. You get to go after Zombie and Horned Mushrooms, Evil Eyes, and a boss enemy called the Puppeteer this time. Plenty of potions are recommended, as well as a handful of Holy Waters, which you can buy from the Ellinia Potion Shop. You may also want some of each of the other types of ailment cure potions from Ellinia's Potion Shop as well if you choose to hunt Evil Eyes in the Cave of Evil Eye where Jr. Boogie's reside.

Sent to Sleepywood Level 28+ Cygnus only
Requires: Done with Perion completed
Process: Finally a change of pace. This time, you get to be the agent stationed in Sleepywood. This quest will be completed after the next four are.

----Note: The next three quests can be accepted and worked on together. So stocking up on potions and doing all of them at once could save you some time. =)

The Rememberer's Information Level 28+ Cygnus only
Involved: [The Rememberer] (photobucket.com/), [Mushroom Cave Entrance] (photobucket.com/), Zombie Mushrooms
Requires: Sent to Sleepywood in progress.
Reward: 4,500 exp
Process: Defeat 250 Zombie Mushrooms. The best place to do this is in the Ant Tunnel, which can be accessed through the east portal in Sleepywood. In Ant Tunnel I, head out the southeast portal. Then go into the southeast portal in Ant Tunnel II into Cave of Mushrooms. With lots of Zombie Mushrooms and a handful of Horned Mushrooms, this place is perfect. Make sure to collect Horned Mushroom caps while you're at it, you'll need 100 of them for the next quest.

Chrishrama's Information Level 28+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Chrishrama] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Sent to Sleepywood in progress.
Reward: 4,500 exp
Process: Collect 100 Horned Mushroom Caps. If you didn't pick them up while you were hunting Zombie Mushrooms for The Rememberer's Information then you could hunt in the Cave of Mushrooms anyway, or try hunting on the first platform you encounter after entering Ant Tunnel I from Sleepywood. With the Cave of Mushrooms you have a lot of Zombie Mushrooms around to kill too, in the Ant Tunnel you have kill-stealers. Either way, it would have been better to do this while hunting Zombie Mushrooms for The Rememberer's quest.

Sabitrama's Information Level 28+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Sabitrama] (photobucket.com/), [Entrance to the Cave of Evil Eye] (photobucket.com/), Evil Eye
Requires: Sent to Sleepywood in progress
Reward: 6,500 exp
Process: Defeat 200 Evil Eyes. The best place to hunt for Evil Eyes is in the Cave of Evil Eye, which is a very long way into the Ant Tunnel. Keep going out the east portal until you reach Ant Tunnel Park, then go through the southwest portal to the Cave of Evil Eye. If it's too crowded, go out the north portal. There are plenty of Evil Eyes there too, as well as two more maps in. Alternatively, you could take the black VIP Cab in Ellinia straight to Ant Tunnel Park for 10,000 mesos to save time.

There is a downside to the Cave of Evil Eye, however. Alongside the large mobs of Evil Eyes are a small handful of Jr. Boogies that spawn randomly and slowly. They combine high avoidability and an annoying array of skills. All of them are temporary, but they can leave you helpless against the Jr. Boogie for some time.
Seal Disables use of MP Counter with Holy Water from Ellinia Potion Shop
Darkness Severely reduces accuracy Counter with Eyedrops from Ellinia Potion Shop (Blaze Wizards are unaffected by Darkness)
Weakness Disables jumping Counter with Tonic from Ellinia Potion Shop
Curse Cuts exp gained from monsters in half Counter with Holy Water from Ellinia Potion Shop (not really that annoying though)
Everything Bring a higher level friend to put the Jr. Boogie in its place. >=D

Evil Eyes can also be located on the first map west of Sleepywood, but the spawn rate is much slower and there is a lot more walking from one group to the next.

----Note: The above is the last of the group of quests that can be accepted all at once. The next one can only be completed after Chrishrama's Information is completed.

Mysterious Statue's Information
Involved: [Mysterious Statue] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Chrishrama's Information completed
Reward: 1,000 exp
Process: Click on the Mysterious Statue. Ta-dah, quest complete.

----Note: This concludes the requirements for the quest Sent to Sleepywood, so now you can go back to Neinheart to complete it, which would be a good idea since you can't start the next quest until you do.

Find the Puppeteer! Level 28+ Cygnus only
Involved: [Puppeteer Entrance] (photobucket.com/), [Puppeteer] (photobucket.com/)
Requires: Sent to Sleepywood completed
Reward: 12,000 exp
Process: First off, stock up on your potions again since you'll be fighting a fairly tough monster for your level. Bring some Holy Water from the Ellinia Potion Shop too, since you'll be dealing with being sealed. Once you're ready, either ride the black VIP Cab in Ellinia or travel through the Ant Tunnel back to Ant Tunnel Park. Go back into the Cave of Evil Eye, and continue south to the Cave of Evil Eye III. On the east side of the map will be a large stump. Stand in front of the hole in it and press up. You will be prompted for a password to enter, and then allowed inside once you get it correct. Once inside, click on the Puppeteer to begin the battle. After the Puppeteer has been defeated, return to Neinheart on Ereve again.
----Tip: Look up the four Sleepywood quests for The Rememberer, Sabitrama, Chrishrama, and the Mysterious Statue in your quest window. The notes inside should provide enough information for you to figure out what the password is. Talking to Neinheart in Ereve may help as well.
----Solution: If you can't figure it out (or can't think, or are just lazy) then scroll down through the quote and type what you see at the bottom. If you've done Cassandra's Speed Quiz before, then you ought to know that spelling, proper spacing, capitals, and punctuation all count. And the tiniest mistake means the whole thing is wrong.

- "Francis is a genius Puppeteer!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skills are pretty much a no brainer also in first job.

10 +1 Improving MAX HP Increase(1)
11 +2 MAX HP Increase (3) +1 Spirit (1)
12 +3 MAX HP Increase (6)
13 +3 MAX HP Increase (9)
14 +1 MAX HP Increase (10 MAX) +2 Strike (2)
15 +3 Strike (5)
16 +3 Strike (8)
17 +3 Strike (11)
18 +3 Strike (14)
19 +3 Strike (17)
20 +3 Strike (20 MAX)
21 +3 Spirit (4)
22 +3 Spirit (7)
23 +3 Spirit (10)
24 +1 Spirit (11) +2 Slash (2)
25 +3 Slash (5)
26 +3 Slash (8)
27 +3 Slash (11)
28 +3 Slash (14)
29 +3 Slash (17)
30 +2 Slash (20 MAX)

This is a standard build. It works find and adds everything needed. Personally I would do something like the following:

10 +1 Soul (Sprite) (1)
11 +3 MAX HP Increase (3)
12 +3 MAX HP Increase (6)
13 +3 MAX HP Increase (9)
14 +1 MAX HP Increase (10 MAX) +2 Strike (2)
15 +3 Strike (5)
16 +3 Strike (8)
17 +3 Strike (11)
18 +3 Strike (14)
19 +3 Strike (17)
20 +3 Strike (20 MAX)
21 +3 Slash (3)
22 +3 Slash (6)
23 +3 Slash (9)
24 +3 Slash (12)
25 +3 Slash (15)
26 +3 Slash (18)
27 +2 Slash (20 MAX)
28 +3 Spirit (4)
29 +3 Spirit (7)
30 +3 Spirit (10)

You can switch strike and slashblast if you prefer. Personally, I used to max slashblast first, but I realized that there really isn't much mobbing going on in these levels since I didn't suggest going to Pig Beach. When I say mobbing, I mean hitting a monster, jumping over it, hitting the next one, repeat until you have hit all the monsters on the platform, then slashblast away. It increases efficiency in training but it isn't really used much in first job.

Don't max iron body because it really wont matter in the higher levels. And also, defense has never really been important to warriors anyway.

There is also another choice in builds if you want to max Soul early. Simply max soul before Slashblast and only raise slashblast to level 10 (I believe). The reason people do this is because slashblast is replaced by soul blade in the middle of second job, or earlier if you prefer. I would not reccomend it though because slashblast is crucial to Monster Carnival PQ. So the levels between the end of 1st job and the middle of second job, you will be hella weak... Besides, you can always max soul later on either at the end of second job or third job. Soul really doesn't make much of a difference, but I like it because it kills weaker monsters that I walk past and it knocks back monsters between my attacks. It will also draw monsters toward you.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey you got your job advancement! Woohoo! -__-.. lol I think its funny when people get excited about this..

Anyway, seriously gratz, I'm sure it took plenty of time and effort... So what you'll want to do now for training is to CPQ (Monster Carnival) located in kerning city (talk to Mr. Spingelman). Yeahh some of you might say that it is too early for that, blah blah. You're fine. If you really want, you can do some quests like the raggedy cape quest in Niora Hospital in Kerning, or some of the Rememberer quests in Sleepywood, but honestly, you'll be okay in CPQ once you can hit stuff. (Use sniper pills or whatever if you need more ACC.) You can also grind in the first map to the right of Sleepywood or maybe even slashblast away on some evil eye tails in the dungeon.

CPQ until 50, but for most people, they get bored of it since the experience gets slower in the upper 40's. But hey, even if you can't hit anything in CPQ, some people just want to solo. Party with them and get around 30% every 20 minutes (Trade wins (tw)).
You can also LPQ (ludi pq) to get some broken glasses (35 completions to get them). They add +1 in every stat, but they can be scrolled. Sell them for a ton if you're poor.

The reason I'm not doing anything on Stat points is because it really all depends on how funded you are and what equipment you're wearing. Just make sure you have enough, but not too much ACCURACY to train on what you need to train on.

-------------------------[ALL TAKEN FROM BLAZES]----------------------------------------------

Level 22 Horned Mushroom: 26 Accuracy!
Level 23 Wooden Mask: 37 Accuracy
Level 24 Zombie Mushroom: 30 Accuracy!
Level 24 Rocky Mask: 37 Accuracy
Level 25 Evil Eyes: 37 Accuracy!
Level 33 Jr Cellion/Lioner/Grupin: 55 Accuracy
Level 39 Toy Trojan: 66 Accuracy
Level 42 Block Golem: 44 Accuracy!
Level 45 King Block Golem: 52 Accuracy!
Level 50 Drake: 66 Accuracy!
Level 50 Jr Yeti: 92 Accuracy
Level 55 Hector: 74 Accuracy
Level 57 Coolie Zombie: 92 Accuracy
Level 58 Dark Stone Golem: 66 Accuracy!
Level 59 Mixed Golem: 74 Accuracy!
Level 78: Yeti and Pepe: 110 Accuracy
Level 80: Wolf Spider: 110 Accuracy
Level 83: Ghost Pirate: 99 Accuracy!
Level 85: Death Teddy: 99 Accuracy!
Level 85: Goby: 107 Accuracy
Level 87: Dual Ghost Pirate: 103 Accuracy!
Level 89: Master Death Teddy: 103 Accuracy!
Level 90: Bain: 139 Accuracy
Level 93: Spirit Viking: 136 Accuracy
Level 97: Risell Squid: 136 Accuracy
Level 97: Red Wyverns: 136 accuracy
Level 97: Brextons: 136 accuracy
Level 99: Grim Phantom Watch: 139 Accuracy
Level 100: Dreamy Ghost: 125 Accuracy!
Level 110: Newt Golems: 139 accuracy
Level 110: Skelegon: 139 accuracy
Level 113: Skelesaurus: 139 accuracy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for weapons, there are formulas in order to tell how good a move is depending on the attack and speed of weapons (one handed sword vs 2 handed sword). Also I found out from asking around on forums and such that a one handed sword can equal the damage output only with a 15+ atk shield...

Weapon Damage Formula - http://www.eng.uwate...Comparisons.htm

What you'll want to do from here as skills are concerned:

What you allocate now depends on your AP all0cation. If you are Dexless, or Regular Dex, i suggest you go with route A.
========
Route A
========
Level 30: Soul Blade (1)
Level 31-37: Mastery (19); Booster (2)
Level 38-40: Booster (5); Soul Blade (4)
Level 41-46: Soul Blade (17); Soul Runner (1)
Level 47-49: Soul Runner (M)
Level 50-52: Soul Blade (M)
Level 53-58: Rage (18)
Level 59-63: Rage (1); Booster (13); Final Attack (1)
Level 64-70: Final Attack (21)
Note: For level 64-70 you can put points into iron body and soul sprite if you really want to, though i dont see the point.
End Result!
Max Mastery
Max Soul Runner
Max Soul Blade
19 Rage
Max Booster
22 Final Attack

This way is the most average way that i have seen and i have formulated. 1 Soul Blade to help you mob. Of course max mastery next for the extra damage and accuracy, 6 booster will last for 1 minute which is fine. Next you want to get 21 soul blade and fight in CPQ 3/4 so its not too hard to level or move around. Soul runner after 21 soul blade to make a GREAT combination. Max soul blade to maximize your output for dealing damage. It doesn't get good until level 21 though (where it then hits 5 monsters). Next get rage for the extra attack, max booster for the speed, and the rest of the SP is for Final Attack! ( More Soul Sprite isn't NEARLY as useful in the long run)
Note: Soul Blade gets weaker at lvl 10, and lvl 21, BUT it gets stronger again. (from 180% it drops to 155% at lvl 11 then reaches 200% at lvl 20 then drops down to 175% and finally maxes out at a grand total of 220% at lvl 30)

Rebuilt Plan B
Level 30: Soul Blade (1)
Level 31-37: Mastery (19); Booster (2)
Level 38-39: Booster (5); Soul Runner (1)
Level 40-42: Soul Runner (M)
Level 43-52: Soul Blade (M); Rage (1)
Level 53-59: Rage (19); Booster (2)
Level 60: Booster (2); Mastery (1)
Level 61-70: Final Attack (30)
Note: For level 64-70 you can put points into iron body and soul sprite if you really want to, though i dont see the point.
End Result!
Max Mastery
Max Soul Runner
Max Soul Blade
Max Rage
11 Booster
Max Final Attack

Okay so we have the same buid as Route A but we max out Final Attack instead of booster. The reason why it is in this order is because final attack isnt really used for anything but brandish and your first job skills. I thought to put it earlier before you maxed out soul blade but then i thought they are the same max level so putting it first wouldn't really help much at all weirdface7ut.gif
Final Attack does not greatly improve DPS. It can be turned on/off for Dawn Warriors. Brandish activates Final Attack.

If you want my personal opinion I did...

Level 30: 1 soul blade (1)
Level 31-33: 3 soul run (9)
Level 34: 1 soul run (max) 2 mastery
Level 35-41: 3 mastery (19)
Level 42- 51: 3 soul blade
Level 52: 2 soul blade (max)

As of now, I'm debating whether to max final attack or not. I've done a lot of research and I've found that it really does make a difference later on while using Brandish. But this also means that I would have to leave rage at 19 and booster at 12. People say that it is useless, but it truly isn't. Someone came up with the fact that it does 1% extra damage, but I found out that they didn't take other boosts such as combo and rage, etc. So it actually is much more than 1%. I'm not sure about my decision yet, but I'll let you know once I get there.

Edited by GrayTailed, 06 October 2009 - 06:01 PM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

C- for effort for looking like you copypasted something off of Basilmarket. Now poke several holes in your guide. First off, SPIRIT IS USELESS on the not so short run, but still short. Sure it does like 100's, but it's useless in the long run since you'll already be hitting way more than a couple of 100's. Spirit's attack is set, meaning that it won't ever change (I think there's a skill that increases its damage, but it's probably not for DW's). So it is not worth losing ~50 HP just for 1 point in a useless skill. Now to poke several holes in your CPQ/LPQ stuff. You have no idea how much of a pain broken glasses are to get, to due the massive amount of dumbasses there. Sure, you can karma them for a quick profit IF YOU HAVE NX, but what about the people who don't? DW's can hit every thing in CPQ just fine around their 35's (unless their dumb enough to go dexless without funding). It's just the matter of who you're against. Normally, I can easily crush DW's on my NW because all it takes is 1 simple avoid up to stop them (which costs 16 CP), while it takes them 1 cnacel wep attack (which costs 35 CP). So in the time they take spamming cancel wep, I can just spam avoid up,use up a lot less CP, and have more time to fight to gain more CP. Having a high level with brute force simple doesn't really work sometimes, but having a high level with brains can help a lot more in CPQ. Accuracy won't help much on avoid up, unless you can afford pretty decent dex equips, along with having a decent level of blessing. Def is important to a warrior, but small changes in def aren't. From what I've seen, the damage formula for many monsters is based off of the HP of the person fighting the monster, or the HP and level of the said person. Either way, def can help lower pot costs, saving you a few hundred k in the later levels, which will add up. Judging from your guide, you either lack experience or though reading posts was a great way to get info. Wrong. How will you know what has been posted if you can't prove it's true or even helpful?
Overall, a poor written guide.
./end wall of text

Edited by CaptObvious, 06 October 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#3 GrayTailed

GrayTailed

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE(CaptObvious @ Oct 6 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
C- for effort for looking like you copypasted something off of Basilmarket. Now poke several holes in your guide. First off, SPIRIT IS USELESS on the not so short run, but still short. Sure it does like 100's, but it's useless in the long run since you'll already be hitting way more than a couple of 100's. Spirit's attack is set, meaning that it won't ever change (I think there's a skill that increases its damage, but it's probably not for DW's). So it is not worth losing ~50 HP just for 1 point in a useless skill. Now to poke several holes in your CPQ/LPQ stuff. You have no idea how much of a pain broken glasses are to get, to due the massive amount of dumbasses there. Sure, you can karma them for a quick profit IF YOU HAVE NX, but what about the people who don't? DW's can hit every thing in CPQ just fine around their 35's (unless their dumb enough to go dexless without funding). It's just the matter of who you're against. Normally, I can easily crush DW's on my NW because all it takes is 1 simple avoid up to stop them (which costs 16 CP), while it takes them 1 cnacel wep attack (which costs 35 CP). So in the time they take spamming cancel wep, I can just spam avoid up,use up a lot less CP, and have more time to fight to gain more CP. Having a high level with brute force simple doesn't really work sometimes, but having a high level with brains can help a lot more in CPQ. Accuracy won't help much on avoid up, unless you can afford pretty decent dex equips, along with having a decent level of blessing. Def is important to a warrior, but small changes in def aren't. From what I've seen, the damage formula for many monsters is based off of the HP of the person fighting the monster, or the HP and level of the said person. Either way, def can help lower pot costs, saving you a few hundred k in the later levels, which will add up. Judging from your guide, you either lack experience or though reading posts was a great way to get info. Wrong. How will you know what has been posted if you can't prove it's true or even helpful?
./end wall of text

Thanks for the criticizm. Sorry if that sounded sarcastic. I'm not. I did copy and paste a lot, but I thought that it got annoying to go to many different guides to check up on one topic. So I just combined a lot of the ones I thought were useful. I gave credit to everyone I think. For DW I thought spirit was very helpful simply because sometimes I didn't finish off a monster that had a sliver of hp left and my sprit took care of it, but also it aggro'd monsters towards me all the time, which i thought was great. So 50hp doesn't seem to matter as much, especially for a warrior. As for broken glasses, I simply didn't mention (probably should have) the hassle it is to get them. I went through about 5 runs and gave up because people kept leaving and they didn't know what to do, etc. So I do get it. Yeah I should have mentioned that you need NX to sell them too. I didn't realize that DW's could hit everything in CPQ right away because I know many regular warriors can't. I am decently funded and hand a little too much DEX for my level, so I assumed that I had the upper hand in ACC being able to hit everything. And for explaining CPQ, I've been doing it since it came out with different characters, but the normal thing to do it just FFF then TW, so I didn't consider anything like protecters and such. Many warriors don't care about defence because of their high HP. Yes it matters for a slight pot cost but most warriors just go for scrolled equipment which hardly gives any defence. I don't lack experience, but I only can use my experience in my guide from my point of view. So if I don't have trouble with acc or pot cost, how would I put that in my guide as my own information? I have NX and I'm well funded, so its not really the experience thats holding me back. My information usually doesn't come straight from guides (even though I used copied guides) because I put in my own opinions an explanations of things I had trouble finding in other guides.

#4 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(GrayTailed @ Oct 7 2009, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
./end wall of text

Thanks for the criticizm. Sorry if that sounded sarcastic. I'm not. I did copy and paste a lot, but I thought that it got annoying to go to many different guides to check up on one topic. So I just combined a lot of the ones I thought were useful. I gave credit to everyone I think. For DW I thought spirit was very helpful simply because sometimes I didn't finish off a monster that had a sliver of hp left and my sprit took care of it, but also it aggro'd monsters towards me all the time, which i thought was great. So 50hp doesn't seem to matter as much, especially for a warrior. As for broken glasses, I simply didn't mention (probably should have) the hassle it is to get them. I went through about 5 runs and gave up because people kept leaving and they didn't know what to do, etc. So I do get it. Yeah I should have mentioned that you need NX to sell them too. I didn't realize that DW's could hit everything in CPQ right away because I know many regular warriors can't. I am decently funded and hand a little too much DEX for my level, so I assumed that I had the upper hand in ACC being able to hit everything. And for explaining CPQ, I've been doing it since it came out with different characters, but the normal thing to do it just FFF then TW, so I didn't consider anything like protecters and such. Many warriors don't care about defence because of their high HP. Yes it matters for a slight pot cost but most warriors just go for scrolled equipment which hardly gives any defence. I don't lack experience, but I only can use my experience in my guide from my point of view. So if I don't have trouble with acc or pot cost, how would I put that in my guide as my own information? I have NX and I'm well funded, so its not really the experience thats holding me back. My information usually doesn't come straight from guides (even though I used copied guides) because I put in my own opinions an explanations of things I had trouble finding in other guides.

Experience>Taking info off of guides. Simple as that. Also HP is very imporant in the higher levels since enduring more hits eases up on pot costs.

#5 GrayTailed

GrayTailed

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(CaptObvious @ Oct 7 2009, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(GrayTailed @ Oct 7 2009, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
./end wall of text

Experience>Taking info off of guides. Simple as that. Also HP is very imporant in the higher levels since enduring more hits eases up on pot costs.

Dude this is going off of experience and things that I need to know for my Dawn warrior. I'm saying HP isn't as important because almost everything scrolled well has almost no defence, so its hard to say that it matters in comparison to damage. If someone is really that worried about potion cost, then get a cleric or priest to party with you. I know that is really difficult to do, but no one would sacrifice defence or HP in for a scrolled sauna robe for instance. And about adding 1 soul as your first point will potentially take away maybe 50hp, and compared to the 3xxxHP you have at level 50, it really doesn't matter a whole lot.

#6 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

Reverse items, dex/str scrolled bowman/pirate robes, Str and luk scrolled job specific tops, dex scrolled job specfic pants, all are commonly scrolled job specific stuff. Also, clerics and priests willing to train in a non-hime PT are rare nowdays, there's majjooorrr pot burn at both skeles, and two or three hits can kill them easily. And HP does matter, that one sliver of HP can save from being killed in mobs. I've had many instances where I barely survive by an amount of 50-100 HP, and that's on my sader. DW's lack PG, and they need some extra HP to make up for the lack of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users