#1 Geinkotsu

Geinkotsu

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • IGN:(Main>>) squishrukene

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

So this is my first time posting some of my work on the internet. I'll keep all my short stories/poems/ story chapters/etc. But I will only post them one at a time since most of them are long. And as for my first piece of writing, it shall be a short story. You may get what it means, you may not. But its one of my favorites.

: : The Dark Dream of an Egyption Prince : :

It was very dark, nothing lay for miles except
the stars above and the blackness around him.
Loxius looked down and he was standing on the
hollow black, as if the sand had not been created
by the gods yet. There was not a single sound,
not a whisper escaped his lips as the Prince
watched the scenery. He could not feel the coldness
nor warmth, he could not smell or taste the normal
salty air that pastures Egypt's surroundings.

Loxius stood very still as he watched the only thing
visible, the bleak sky. Not a single cloud in sight as
small stars broke lighted holes into the black blanket.

In an instant was a flooding of sound. Almost
unbearable as very different sounds came from
every which direction. Shadows of Pharaohs, shadows
of Egyptians, traders, camels, carts all roamed past
him like empty figures of blackness as if he weren't
there. The sound of flooding footprints and many of
thousand people speaking at one moment.

It was silent again and Loxius opened his eyes. He
was in a very white room. No doors, now windows, no
furniture. It looked as if the room was made out of
pure river water. All that was in the white room was a
single painting hung on the wall.

He stood looking around momentarily, as soon as he
found nothing, he looked at the painting at the other
side of the room. Loxius slowly walked over to it and
stopped a few inches away. It was hung by a single
weary string of rope. It was thin and looked as if It
could snap at any given moment, leaving the large
golden frame to crash to the floor.

He looked at it carefully. The frame was pure gold and
was engraved with the names of his most prized
possessions and closest family members. It had his
father's name on it, but there was nothing for his
possessions other than life on it. Inside the frame was
a magnificent oil painted canvas of a sanded hill, grass
slightly stroking through it. The sun perfectly touching
the hills with its rays as it sett, small fluffed dark purple
and orange clouds laid around the sun as if a barrier
protected it. And on that single hill of sanded grass,
was a pure white wolf. its back turned to the prince as
it watched the scenery itself as if it were not going to
live another day to see it.

Loxius looked behind him momentarily, feeling the
presence of someone, or something, else in the room.
There was nothing. He set his sights back at the painting
and found the wolf was staring back at him. The sun was
moving in the oil painting and the wolf's eyes were a fierce
blood red.

The wolf sat there, staring at Loxius with its fangs bared and
it hair standing on ends. He had trespassed somewhere he
shouldn't have. The wolf lept out of the painting and now stood
ontop of the prince. Its claws digging into his shoulders, blood
peircing through his brown sand colored cloak.

"Please, get off of me." Loxius asked, not feeling the right to
command the animal. "I do not want to cause you harm, please
release me." Loxius said again, his voice raised a bit.

The wolf growled and its red eyes glared down at him, its teeth
only a few inches away from his face. It opened it mouth and bit
into his shoulder, causing blood to pool across the white floor and
track to an open door way. The blood slipped into the darkness of
the opening and the wolf vanished in a small flash of grey light.

The Prince's heart was throbbing in his chest as he layed there,
frightened that the wolf would kill him. "Its just a dream..." he
reminded himself as he sat up from the ground and held onto his
left shoulder. The pain felt so real, blood showing on his hand as
he looked at it. Loxius stood up and looked at the dark doorway.
It was pitch black and cut of visablity to the blood that leaked inside.
He looked back at the painting. But it was not there. The only thing
left was a crack in the wall and a snapped string on the floor beside it.

He closed his eyes, then walked into the darkness. The sound of water
could be heard echoing through the room, or wherever he was now.
He looked above him. It was the stars again, no moon lighting the
path of the water. Only small glimmers of light coming off the rushing
water in front of him from the small stars. Only outlining the water's
edge. The Nile river lay before him, a waterfall to his left. His heart
calmed from the soothing noise and he stood staring at the reflection
of darkness and stars in the flowing water.

Hands came out of the water and grabbed his legs, dragging him down
into the river. It was not wet or cold. But he seemed to float in the
reflections of stars and the moon showed beneath him, but not above.
"The fish who swallowed the moon whole." A voice echoed from the stars.
"The fish who swam in the river of life swallowed the moon whole for its
own reasons. Stealing it away from the people of Egypt." it echoed again.

Loxius kept quiet as he listened. What was it trying to say. The wolf
appeared again, they were in a grassy area. It growled and circled
around him as if he were prey. "The fish who called itself a god stole the
moon from its rightful owner." the voice said. it was more clearer this time,
but more cold and frightening. "That fish's punishment... was death!"

the wolf snarled and attacked, its jaws and it's pure white fur the last thing
the Prince saw.

Loxius's eyes snapped open and he held his chest. His heart was pounding
in fear of his dream. "What was that?" he asked the air in front of him. He
stared at his hand as a red substance dripped off of it. Blood. "It couldn't
have been real... then why..." he eyes shifted and looked at his shoulder.
His brown cloak was stained with blood and riped with jaw marks from an
animal. But there was no physical wound in his flesh, only a scar on his heart.

Poem

: : Rainbow Avenue : :

High rise, veins of the avenue
Bright eyes and subtle variations of blue
Everywhere is balanced there like a rainbow above you
Street lights glisten on the boulevard
And cold nights make staying alert so hard
For heaven's sake, keep me awake so I won't be caught off guard
Clearly I am a passerby but I'll find a place to stay
Dear pacific day, won't you take me away?
Small town hearts of the New Year
Brought down by gravity, crystal clear
City fog and brave dialogue converge on the frontier
Make haste, I feel your heartbeat
With new taste for speed, out on the street
Find a road to a humble abode where both of our routes meet
The silver sound is all around and the colors fall like snow
The feeling of letting go, I guess we'll never know

Cheer up and dry your damp eyes and tell me when it rains
And I'll blend up that rainbow above you and shoot it through your veins
Cuz your heart has a lack of color and we should've known
That we'd grow up sooner or later cuz we wasted all our free time alone

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Kerist

Kerist

Iron Hog

• MD Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:22 AM

Edited by Kerist, 28 August 2010 - 08:43 AM.

#3 Geinkotsu

Geinkotsu

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • IGN:(Main>>) squishrukene

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:43 PM

Thankyou, I enjoy your comment. I will be posting my new story. This is my prologue and first chapter. I hope you like it. And I will post the two discription pictures at the bottom. I took alnight creating them. Not a wink of sleep yet and its 12:21pm. So here it is.

Golden Skies is a different universe from ours. Strangely parallel yet the same. Humans, gods, animals, plants. Not much changes here. Though cities were different, oceans were larger and vast. Each continent had their own element.

Water~

Cites underneath the ocean where Hawaii in our dimension. Their technology is elemental and environmentally safe. The cities covered by large and thick glass domes containing air. And for those unique people, there were domes with water.

Fire~

A large continent of dry desert and plateaus. Cacti and dry parched bushes and trees lay waste there. The towns are smaller than the water domes. They houses and huts made of wood and some of sturdy mud like the Indians in our dimension. Strange creatures slide on their stomach across these lands, others padding their way across the hot earth.

Air~

These continents are large masses of ground that hover in the air by large propelling blade at the bottom. These masses of land stay together in a colony. Their walls are made of large stones and covered in vines. Ancient giants roam these grounds, taking care of the nature there and plants.

On the larger pieces of air land, they hold wind temples. They sing and whistle as the breeze takes through the jagged and sculped holes in their structures. And the largest of all the land masses in the sky holes an large empire made of black rock and covered in white lotus flowers. Birds are always aflight there and sing to the ring of the bells in the high towers of the corners of the empire.

Earth~

This continent is full of wildlife and forests thick with large and thick old trees. Each and everyone unique in shape and size. The cities and towns in these forests are marked with large elder trees. Creatures similar to elves and Mystikin live in these cities. But they are very different.

Ice~

These lands lie in the very north of the world. Its lands covered in ice and snow. Blizzards blasting through the barren lands non-stop except in the summers.

The cities are encased in metal and domed with glass like material to filter the sun and warm
it inside. Though the towns strike poverty and the streets are very littered.Though the main city capital holds three different levels within their dome.

Lightning/Clouds~

There is only one city of this kind. It is built on top of a large mountain in the Fire continent. The mountain so high, clouds circle the main building that is carved into the mountain. Electric wires and poles stand tall upon their houses and structures to create a natural source of energy and to keep the citizens from being electrocuted.

Minor~

All the minor elements live on a continent the size of Japan. Each have their own section. They trade with each other and are very much as brothers and sisters. These elements contain; Sun, Moon, Darkness, Light, Sound, Rain, Sand, Grass, Rock, Space, Trinity, and Blood. All share the nights and days in peace with the occasional disagreements of opposites like light and darkness. But no side has taken up war against each other.

This dimension has gods. Gods of many and numerous things. All of them similar to our gods. This is where our tale starts. With the gods and a exiled god named Wakhakshem Nahari.

He was once a trickster god, but had stolen the bottle of water that the earth god was going to put on a huge patch of land to make it fertile and drank it for himself. This patch of land became a giant desert, now known as the fire continent. Wakhakshem Nahari was punished for his actions with the task of carrying Namset, a huge jug of water that never ran out, to all of the people of the desert without one sip for himself. Because he was the one that cause the dunes to remain waterless. He was charged with this task for a thousand years....

On the 999th year, only days away from the end of his sentence, his thirst grew unbearable and he drank all of the water currently in Namset. He discarded the jug as it was empty, and left the small villages for dead.

The gods grew angry at this and shackled Wakhakshem Nahari to Namset,
"At least I will never grow thirst again!" he crackled, but was foolish to point this out. The goods took the water from Namset, then plunged the jug into the sands of the desert, therefor filling it with eternal sand. This sand would always remind Wakhakshem Nahari of his foolishness and that he was trapped in the deserts wandering the dunes for all eternity.

The gods stripped him of his tittle and named him Shem, turning him into a wolf and taking away his godly powers. But as time passed and Shem walked the deserts, Namset gained the ability to speak through to Shem's mind. He thought this was another punishment sent from the gods, or maybe a way out.

This small flicker of hope sent him out on a journey to find his way out of his prison and become a god again. So he slowly padded through the sinking sand dunes with the large jug dragging behind him. His quest was set, his goal in mind. But what would sidetrack him, he did not know. This is the tale of Shem's Curse. And you will experience his joys, sorrows, loves, and hates along with him and his new companion across the dry lands. Will he find yet another companion? It is only for you to continue reading these chapters to find out.

~ Wakhakshem Nahari and Namset ~

::Shem In Human Form::

::Shem and Namset In Cursed Form::

Wakhakshem Nahari and Namset: Shem's Curse.

Chapter Two
Ominous Depths

It was centuries ago when Shem had forsaken the land he now wanders. This continent was meant to be for the earth and was going to be fertile. But because of that, things drastically changed and the gods had to recreate continents. Because there are so few, the ocean is vast, the sky is open. Most humans have even started living on the ocean with strange crafts. But that is not something Shem was thinking about. All that was on his mind was regaining human form, even if he did not get his powers back. He wanted nothing more than his old form and to be unchained from this annoyance in a bottle. But he continued to walk on, as thirsty as he became, he did not stop.

He was currently in Jahasue, a large and vast sand sea desert with hills of sand. Persistent storms and winds. It was where most would die and be annihilated from existence. No one dared to pass through these red sands, on foot or even above. It was an abandoned wasteland.

Shem walked through these sands. His eyes squinted against the sands flying through the hard and rash winds. He could not see much beyond. But he was sure that he would be out of the desolated sands by sundown. He looked up, the dark yellow glow of the sun imprinted its location through the storm.

"This is not what I imagined to be...." he growled.

'Then what did you imagine it to be?' Namset replied. Shem could feel him smiling in amusement. But that made him feel ignorant. This jar was just an inanimate object.

"I imagined it to be... well, easier." he replied honestly.

'You are a foolish human. A task such as this is not going to be easy'

"Will you shut up!" Shem barked back at Namset.All was silent except the whistling and howls of the churning sand and winds. The wolf stood for a moment and looked down at the sands underneath his paws. Sand piled up against them from the direction the wind was gusting. The vast red sands began to rupture bellow him. The feeling of a strong earthquake shook. His eyes were frantic as he tried to pull away. But in an instant, the sand plunged inside out. The sand was brown and smelt of somewhat damp dirt as it exploded into the air, turning into a death trap.

Shem was plunged inside the sands with Namset
right behind him. Both being dragged into the depths of the sand seas.

*Drip*

*Drip*

*Drip*

The sound echoed throughout the new and unfamiliar place. Sounding like chimes. Unusual and distorted chimes as Shem stood in between consciousness and sleep. His eyes closed as he could not find the strength to get up.

*Drip*

The blond wolf laid on his side. Hopelessness seemed to drift in his heart. But he soon realized he was laying in something soft. It was not sand. It was something else. But what? Shem opened his eyes. His vision unclear. But what he could see was streams of light coming from above, outlining the old, handmade rocks.

He lay in a small patch of beautifully grown greenery. It was long blades of grass that bristled against his fur, it was soft and an odd shade of green. There were strange blue herbs nearby also. The gleamed like gems in the strides of light coming from above.

The wolf stood up and looked around, finding openings past cavern walls and oddly shaped rocks of dark brown and black. Where had he fallen into? An empty pit? A maze? It seemed as if no one had been here for centuries. His eyes shifted back sky wards to the small hole in the ceiling. Grains of sand
fell from above, spilling into a pile on the grassy patch. Water leaked from the stalactites on the ceiling. Its droplets gleamed a light blue and sparkled magnificently. The wolf sniffed around, coming back to the herbs. What were they? He had never seen them in the desert. Maybe if he presented them to the gods, would they change him back to his human form? Most likely not. If there was a herb here, they would know. They always knew of everything in this world. He shook his head and stiffened as a large bang echoed through the cavern, along with the frantic flapping of wings.

Shem growled as something came closer, and it was not of small size. As it came closer, the floor shook, causing rocks to fall from the ceiling and smash into rubble against the floor. It was not a good day to be a small wolf. He did not know what was down here, but one of this caverns secrets was about to show itself. He lept behind one of the blackened rock formations and peeked at the opening in the wall. A large crumbling came from that direction as a rough stone-like hand came out of the depths of blackness. It gripped onto the wall, crushing it with no effort. And the beast pulled itself into view....

::Wakhakshem Nahari and Namset; Shem's Curse.::

To be Continued~

Chapter Three
The Protecter

It was surely bad enough being stuck in this.. pit. But now a monster of great size had taken notice of his accidental entering. As it came into view, horror struck into Shem. This was not something he ever knew about.

It figure was jagged and hard. A dark rock mde up its human like form. Inbedded in its face were large gems. A larger main one going down veritcly in the center of its face. And three horizontal smaller ones on each side. They glew a dark and threatning red. Its hands only hand three fingers.

An electronicl alien sounding groan came from its direction. The gems in it's face glowing even brighter with the sound. But it did not dim. The sound became even greater. Causing immense and terrible pain to rush through Shem's skull. The sound vibrated the entier cavern, rocks falling from the ceiling and crashing down to the floor.

The sound quickly stopped, leaving Shem comepltly dazed and unable to think. The monster came towards him, smashing the boulder away from him so he couldn't hide. The golem struck at him, but Shem quickly dodged and scattered away. The sound of stomping could be heard echoing from behind him, bouncing off the walls. He ran as fast as he could, scrambling through the reckage of the opeing in the wall into the pure darkness that it held. He paused, not sure where to go.

The walls held different corridors and holes to different areas. This pit was a maze. He heard crumbling behind him, the monster was following him. He quickly chose a pathway and scurried away, barely dodging rocks and walls.
It became so dark he could not see anything around him. He could not here the thing behind him anymore. Did it decide to leave him alone? Or did it get stuck in one of the small passageways he had gone through? Shem did not know the answer to these, but he was glad the golem was gone.

"Why didn't you help me?!" he scolded namset behind him. He turned around and faced the jar. Chains rattling as he did.

'You told me to shut up, and I did' it replied with a sort of smug tone.

"If I die you will be stuck here with my rotting corpse! Help me next time!" Shem growled fiercly to his irritable companion.

Before he could react to the soft scraping he heard, the force of twenty men jabbed his side. Shem could only let out a loud yelp of pain as he was sent skidding acrost the hard rocky floor. Slamming up against the unseen wall, he let out a whimper as he lay there in silence. Crimson red blood shined on his dull light blonde coat of fur. He lay still as he drifted into unconciousness. A dark sleep he could not awaken from washed over him as if he were plunged into a dark ocean of ice. His body grew numb. And he was in a state of seemingly permanent silence.....

::Unknown time later::

Shem driffted back into the world of the living. Unsuall voiced drifted around him. They seemed uhuman and alien. He was still surrounded in darkness and his back pressed against the wall. The blood on his coat was dry and scabbed over. He only saw a faint light of blue somewhere in front of him. The unfamiliar light gleamed off of Namset's form. The glass shone bright in his eyes.

How long could he have been asleep? A day? A week? A year? He couldn't tell as he forced himself up from his position. His legs were frail and wobbly. The time of unuse had made them weak for a time. Shem peered into the light. It flickered in unpatterned ways. But it did not dim completly.

He could not hear the voices, but only ringing in his ears. He dragged himself over to Namset and layed down beside the jar of sand. Silently watching the light with facination.
Slowly, ever so slightly, voices came clearer. But only to become even more stranger.

'You are not one to be chained to this thing'
he heard a voice say. The begining of the sentence seemed slurred and echoed together. The light blinking to each syllable.

'This thing is my carer' Namset replied. But how? Was not this jars voice only to be heard inside Shem's head? Then why was it trying to speak to this fathomable light. The same slurred voice replied in a more lightened tone, showing compassion to Namset, 'You were once a great source. What has become of you?'

'I am just as great. And on a journey with this fool.'

"If you call me a fool, why should you be with me?" Shem replied, finnaly finding his voice. But it was weary and rasp with pain. This was not what he imagined such a journey to be. He was stuck in a pit with a strange light and an annoying inanimate object. And the golem seemed to mysteriously have vanished.

But that was not the case. It sat in front of him, the gems in its face glowing to briliantly for it's jagged rocky form to be seen. But it was not its threatning self it appeared to be when it had first shown itself. Its red glow had been changed to a calm and soothing blue. He was chatting to Namset as if he were a friend from long ago.

Namset had taken Shem's sudden speach as a surprise. 'How long have you been up?' it asked.

"Just long enough to here you call me a fool and this light to call me a 'thing'." He retorted with intended venom.

'He is not a 'light' as you so say. The is the protector we encountered before after we so rudely fell into his home' Namset replied with just as much venom, if not more, as shem.

The sudden realization hit him and he sprinted up and back away from the two. His teeth bared and his hair standing on ends. Growls escaping his throat.

::Wakhakshem Nahari and Namset; Shem's Curse::

To Be Continued~

Chapter Four
Deep Waters, Part One

The large golem stood up, his rock limbs grinding together as he moved. 'Shem, you have been unconscious for over three days. Do not over exert yourself' it said. holding out his hand in a friendly manner.

Shem could only growl as he backed away. Not trusting this creature after it had so brutally pursued him, which only seemed a few short hours ago. He was confused, hurt, and filled with rage. That this thing would dare try and be friendly after what it did. He avoided the golem and ran to the side, trying to get away from him.
But he had forgotten he was weak and was still imprisoned to an overly large jug of sand.

Once the chain met its end of length, it snapped Shem back and he fell to the floor. Unable to move Namset at his current condition. A yelp escaped his jaws as the pain in his side started to spike.

'You really are an idiot' Namset replied to him.

"Shut up! Your not a person, your not a god, you can't talk! Don't speak to me!" He shouted at it. Struggling to stand up.

'Shem, don't say th-'

"Stop!" He yelled back, cutting Namset from it's sentence. "You. You are just an inanimate object. You can't speak, you can't talk or have opinions! You caused this! It's all your fault! And I don't want you speaking to me anymore." Shem said and limped behind a rock, laying down and quietly whimpering to himself.

The only way he was going to get out of here was to get his strength up. But how long would it take? This situation was looking more hopeless by each slow passing minute. The sound of rocks rubbing together drifted through the dark, the golem had managed to seemingly disappear without much sound......

::A Few Weeks Later::

Nothing had changed. There's been no sight of this so called guardian for the past three weeks. And all was silent. It was as Shem wanted. Nothing but silence drifted in the air as he ate bats and other cave animals he could find. He had gained a sense of sight in this utter darkness, knowing he might be here for a while. And he never even ventured from that room. He didn't need too.

But today, he had the strange urge to go deeper into this maze. To explore and maybe find a way out, or maybe something else that could help him. It was unlikely he would find anything other than dirt, rocks, and bats. But he decided to take the risk. It couldn't get worse than it already was.

Shem got up from where he was laying and walked toward one of the walls. Seeking a small hole or another passageway. His wounds had healed over the period of time, only leaving blood matted to his fur and a scar from the injury. He wasn't sure if it was day or night outside. The darkness seemed infinite down in this pit.

He sniffed the wall, slowly dragging the jug with him as he circled around the wall. Until he found an opening. Shem looked around behind him, expecting there to be rock giant trying to stop him. Or something similar.

He shook off the idea and walked through. It was curved oddly, like a hallway almost, but there were cracks in the wall, showing other passageways. Shem kept his head low as bats swept by. "I'm going to get lost...." he stopped in his walking and thought about that, then sighed. "I can't get anymore lost than I am..." he said admittedly.

The sound of rushing water echoed off the walls. Almost like a water fall. But how could there be water underneath a desert? Shem stood in disbelief at the sound. Where was it coming from? He ran down the pathway he was currently in, but only came to another opening like the last. He couldn't have gone in a circle. It was a strait pathway.

He franticly searched for another hole, running around pillars of rock and to the other end of the room. There wasn't anymore holes in the wall. The hope he had felt suddenly left his heart. He was lost underneath this vast desert, and he had no idea if what he heard was even real. But he could still hear it. Rushing like a strong stream, a river.

Shem looked around some more, circling the room and avoiding large rocks and animals. He stopped as he heard the sound of rock grinding. He quickly snapped around and saw a dim light from the other side of the room. An opening! He sprinted toward it and skidded to a stop to see a thin piece of rock turned in middle of a doorway. A secret passage. This was beginning to get interesting.

He stepped over the rock ridge that covered the floor of the opening. The door twisted closed behind him, but he didn't look back. Shem was getting closer to the sound of water. It shouldn't be long before he would reach this river. Excitement filled to his very core at the hope he would find a way out of here by following the water up from where it was coming.

To Be Continued~

Chapter Four
Deep Waters, Part One

The large golem stood up, his rock limbs grinding together as he moved. 'Shem, you have been unconscious for over three days. Do not over exert yourself' it said. holding out his hand in a friendly manner.

Shem could only growl as he backed away. Not trusting this creature after it had so brutally pursued him, which only seemed a few short hours ago. He was confused, hurt, and filled with rage. That this thing would dare try and be friendly after what it did. He avoided the golem and ran to the side, trying to get away from him.
But he had forgotten he was weak and was still imprisoned to an overly large jug of sand.

Once the chain met its end of length, it snapped Shem back and he fell to the floor. Unable to move Namset at his current condition. A yelp escaped his jaws as the pain in his side started to spike.

'You really are an idiot' Namset replied to him.

"Shut up! Your not a person, your not a god, you can't talk! Don't speak to me!" He shouted at it. Struggling to stand up.

'Shem, don't say th-'

"Stop!" He yelled back, cutting Namset from it's sentence. "You. You are just an inanimate object. You can't speak, you can't talk or have opinions! You caused this! It's all your fault! And I don't want you speaking to me anymore." Shem said and limped behind a rock, laying down and quietly whimpering to himself.

The only way he was going to get out of here was to get his strength up. But how long would it take? This situation was looking more hopeless by each slow passing minute. The sound of rocks rubbing together drifted through the dark, the golem had managed to seemingly disappear without much sound......

::A Few Weeks Later::

Nothing had changed. There's been no sight of this so called guardian for the past three weeks. And all was silent. It was as Shem wanted. Nothing but silence drifted in the air as he ate bats and other cave animals he could find. He had gained a sense of sight in this utter darkness, knowing he might be here for a while. And he never even ventured from that room. He didn't need too.

But today, he had the strange urge to go deeper into this maze. To explore and maybe find a way out, or maybe something else that could help him. It was unlikely he would find anything other than dirt, rocks, and bats. But he decided to take the risk. It couldn't get worse than it already was.

Shem got up from where he was laying and walked toward one of the walls. Seeking a small hole or another passageway. His wounds had healed over the period of time, only leaving blood matted to his fur and a scar from the injury. He wasn't sure if it was day or night outside. The darkness seemed infinite down in this pit.

He sniffed the wall, slowly dragging the jug with him as he circled around the wall. Until he found an opening. Shem looked around behind him, expecting there to be rock giant trying to stop him. Or something similar.

He shook off the idea and walked through. It was curved oddly, like a hallway almost, but there were cracks in the wall, showing other passageways. Shem kept his head low as bats swept by. "I'm going to get lost...." he stopped in his walking and thought about that, then sighed. "I can't get anymore lost than I am..." he said admittedly.

The sound of rushing water echoed off the walls. Almost like a water fall. But how could there be water underneath a desert? Shem stood in disbelief at the sound. Where was it coming from? He ran down the pathway he was currently in, but only came to another opening like the last. He couldn't have gone in a circle. It was a strait pathway.

He franticly searched for another hole, running around pillars of rock and to the other end of the room. There wasn't anymore holes in the wall. The hope he had felt suddenly left his heart. He was lost underneath this vast desert, and he had no idea if what he heard was even real. But he could still hear it. Rushing like a strong stream, a river.

Shem looked around some more, circling the room and avoiding large rocks and animals. He stopped as he heard the sound of rock grinding. He quickly snapped around and saw a dim light from the other side of the room. An opening! He sprinted toward it and skidded to a stop to see a thin piece of rock turned in middle of a doorway. A secret passage. This was beginning to get interesting.

He stepped over the rock ridge that covered the floor of the opening. The door twisted closed behind him, but he didn't look back. Shem was getting closer to the sound of water. It shouldn't be long before he would reach this river. Excitement filled to his very core at the hope he would find a way out of here by following the water up from where it was coming.

To Be Continued~

Chapter Five
Deep Waters, Part Two

The sound bounced off the walls, more and more louder by each step Shem took. He was surely getting closer to the source of water. This was his chance to maybe get out of here and see the sky once again. He turned ridged corners into other pathways, cutting through the small holes through the wall to get to other passageways. Getting held up by Namset as it got stuck. So he had to chip away some of the rock before continuing.

He met the end of the pathway he was in. A dead end. It was a large maze. And it was hard to tell where he had come from and where he still had yet to pass through. It was irritating at how such a seemingly small pit was so confusing and twisted. When it hit him... An Ant Pit. It was basically a large maze, but always had a way out in the middle, possibly along with a giant monster of some sort.

Shem stopped walking as he came into a massive room. It was large than all the other's he had come through, and to the very left was some sort of river. The top of the rough water outlined itself from the light coming from the small holes above. Sand leaking through, drifting down in the sun like small sparkles of light. Only to pile into the darkness of the cave and loose its beauty. The room was ridged with pillars, the light outlining the side of all the rock and formations inside.

He slowly padded closer into the room, watching the water spill out of an opening from the ceiling and into a deep crevasse near the wall. The water was rapid and strong, and it lead through another opening across the room, deeper into the pit. He decided to get a closer look to the waterfall, but something caught his eye.

There were obviously rocks here, like everywhere else in this god-forsakened pit. But these were strange. They didn't just have that dull used look they usually had. They seemed wet, to glint off the small streams of light coming from the holes in the ceiling. And they were all almost perfectly round.

What were they? Rocks, churned away by the water after years down here? Or something even he would consider terrifying? He didn't know. He didn't seem to want to know. But Shem had to find a way out without dying down here in the darkness.

Shem cautiously walked over to the river, avoiding these 'rocks' and examining the hole in the ceiling that spilled water. There was no way he could get up there. So what was he suppose to do know. He said down and stared at the water, he couldn't drink it. If he tried he knew what would happen. He could only drink water if he was offered it by someone else. It was a horrible enough curse chained to this reached loud mouth jar of sound in a wolf's body. But continued to that, if he tried to drink water freely that wasn't offered to him, it would only turn into ash.

As he was consumed in even more hopelessness than before. A sickening, stomach churning slimy like sound came from behind. Almost as if you were trying to squish spaghetti in your hands that made that sickening squishing sound. The same type of sound seemed to get closer. Shem held his breath and turned around. Coming face to face with a group of large fish like creatures with tentacles. They had large creepy grins and bone crowns, the pupil of their eyes seemingly hollow with darkness.

Shem back up a bit, stopping at the edge of the rushing river. They crawled closer, their intent unknown. "Namset...." he whispered. Panic pushing down on him as he tried to look for a way out of this. "Namset." He called out more urgently. His eyes coming back and forth from these large beasts and to the ravage waters. Either could kill him. Easily in fact.

The fish like creatures looked almost like octopuses, but of course they couldn't be on land. These creatures stayed near this river, so perhaps they couldn't stay out of the water as long as they wanted. Their tentacles gripped onto the rock and pulled themselves forward, the crowns of their heads pulsing, breathing.

Shem took an offensive stance and let out a low territorial growl. Trying to back them off. But they persisted.

He didn't know what to do. The sound of his heart pounded in his chest, the sound of the nasty fish's coming closer with that sick squishing sound. Closer. And closer. His heart pounded even harder. Shem gulped and looked at all of them, one of them standing out from all the rest. This one, it was larger than the others, and had a sort of crystal stuck in it's crown.

Shem took a reckless action and attacking this one. Bitting into its tentacle and ripping it off. Dark blue cold blood splattered across his fur and the ground as he continued to attack. But it didn't do much more than piss it off.

It took action, bitting Shem back. Grabbing his leg and shattering the bone easily. He let out a yelp as he was grabbed onto and thrown into the water. The force swept him down stream, into the pure darkness and deeper into this underground Ant Pit. Pushed and pulled by the currents as he tried to keep his head above water. Only to be shoved back into the cold endless rifts.

Shem called out for Namset as he was loosing oxygen. Only sounding as shallowed screams that couldn't ever reach it's destination.

Being pulled down by the weight of the jar he was attached to. Dragged deeper. Deeper into such magnitude of darkness, not a single thing, reflection, outlining was visible. He was gone along with tides of the river. The coldness of the water sinking into his heart as the fire of his life was slowly extinguished into nothing. Hopelessness was all he could hold onto as death swept over him....

To Be Continued~

Edited by Geinkotsu, 03 September 2009 - 12:21 AM.

#4 Prominence

Prominence

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • IGN:MyBigPickle / PixelateMe

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Beautiful, dearest. You have a lovable creativity with words.
"For you to see only one soul to say three words: I love you."

I'll be there to follow your footprints in the sand that were left behind for you to be there with me.
You're my ecstasy. The only one in my fantasy.

Always hated to be without you...although I'm always within you.
Hatred isn't hatred without the color of red for it is love & hate itself.
Promise me you'll be there too... Without doubts. ♪

It's 4You - Just - 3Words - 2See - 1Soul: I love you.

- (E♥)
Doughnut.
Donut. S2

#5 Dopple

Dopple

Ice cream supreme

• Pink
  • 4395 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

Why spend so much time describing things that aren't happening?

It was very dark, nothing lay for miles except 

the stars above and the blackness around him. 
Loxius looked down and he was standing on the 
hollow black, as if the sand had not been created 
by the gods yet. There was not a single sound, 
not a whisper escaped his lips as the Prince 
watched the scenery. He could not feel the coldness 
nor warmth, he could not smell or taste the normal 
salty air that pastures Egypt's surroundings.

Loxius also wasn't picking his nose, nor was he perched atop his pyramid waving in a legion of thousand-armed kraken from outer space. An infinite other things aren't happening--why bother? 

Beautiful, dearest. You have a lovable creativity with words. 

"For you to see only one soul to say three words: I love you."

This sounds like flirting, not an assessment of somebody's writing ability.

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users