#1 fanimily

fanimily

King Slime

• Official Member
  • 371 posts
  • IGN:SirLuckaIot

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

Introduction
Monster Carnival Party Quest is a party quest that one can do from level 30-50. It is almost the fastest way to gain exp in maplestory at these levels IF you know how to do it right!

What do I do?!
What you need to do in this party quest is not jumping on ropes or barrels or killing monsters to get coupons! It's just simply kill the monsters in the area to get Carnival Points or CP. The team with the most CP at the end of the 10 minutes wins! So kill kill kill...

Team Arrangement
For maximum efficiency your team must have a good damage dealer! So if you have a party of 3:

Main Damage Dealer: Say Dexless Sin, or a strong Fighter, just a good damage dealer!
Protector Breaker: Say Cleric, could be anyone
Filler: Anyone really!

Explanation: Main damage dealer needs to consistently deal lots of damage. I find that dexless sins are the best but you may use whichever class you like. Now if you have a dexless sin as the main damage dealer I like to have two mages to fill up the team this is because the mages fool the opposing team to summon Cancel Magic Attack and this wouldn't affect your main damage dealer!

I say Clerics are the best Protector Breakers because they can heal themselves so do not often need to find pots.

I find it really annoying when two people go for the same tower! A more useful approach is if the second person lures the monsters away from the tower! But most do not do this! So the two people sit there taking damage whilst trying to break the tower. And the worst thing is, two people attacking one tower doesn't break it faster! =O

How do I win like you do?!
It's really easy! Assuming you play in the fields 5 or 6 and have 3 party member (You may have more if you like):

1. Have a high damage dealer such as a dexless sin lvl 45+ go down to the bottom to kill all the rombards as they spawn. These would provide the bulk of the CP your team gains! So make sure you do it right!

2. The other team members would stay up killing the little robots and picking up party potions. The party potions allow the main damage dealer to keep attacking without having to stop to look for potions!

3. Pick up all the cubes of darkness, they hamper the other teams progress!

4. Another very sneaky thing you may do is killsteal the other teams kills therefore stopping them from gaining CPs as fast as you! But it is generally frowned upon! There are spots where two little robots spawn.. One is to the left, second from the far left IIRC and then one up from the ground. This is the best place to go to so try to stay there if you can!

5. At 500 CP which is the CP bracket to get a rank A(The highest rank and highest exp gain), summon master chronos or if you're really good summon the rombards. Personally I summon the master chronos and after summoning the master chronos summon the protectors in this kinda order:

- Cancel Weapon Attack (Note if the other team has no weapon attack dealers there is no need summon)
- Cancel Magic Attack (Note if the other team has no magic attack dealers there is no need summon)
- Speed Up
- Power Up
- From here on maintain these four and summon the others if you wish

6. You may like to use Skills such as Weakness (F2) or Poison (F4) to attempt to get the opposing team killed.

7. Make sure to destroy the enemy's towers so that your team and especially the main damage dealer may continue killing and accumulating those CPs!

8. Be courteous and say good game or gg at the end so that the opposing team do not feel so bad for losing!

Rewards

Winning team:
A Rank - 30,000 EXP
B Rank - 25,500 EXP
C Rank - 21,500 EXP
D Rank - 7,500 EXP

Losing Team:
A Rank - 10,000 EXP
B Rank - 8,500 EXP
C Rank - 7,000 EXP
D Rank - 1,000 EXP

Other People's Advice!

From Melonpops!

Due to my laziness, I didn't read any of the guide, so if I repeat anything, my apologies. A lot of this is common sense anyways.

Instead of summoning master chronos or rombots, teddies are a viable option as long as you can keep them buffed 24/7. Those speedy little critters will get in the way of other monsters and will only yield the killer with 1 CP which isn't that much.

You know that short, 10 seconds you have when you accept/get accepted to a match? Those are important! Use that time to check if any of your opponents are DEXless, LUKless, or looks like they have godly equips (PACs, SCGs, BWG, ZHelm, etc). Speaking of equips, look for anything that will give anyone an advantage, mostly maple weapons for ACC. Those 10 seconds will also give you time to think of a strategy. For example, check if they have a warrior without any maple weapons. If they do, then use avoid up! That will save you a lot of CP. It's just as effective as cancel weapon attack buff.

Remember that this is a competition. All's fair in love and war. Feel free to spam any of the buffs as long as you have the CP for it. My number one strategy for CPQ is to keep the enemies locked into not killing any monsters and keep them completely immobilized.

Also, don't kick a man while he's down. If you already have a large lead, don't summon anything.

Be smart about your opponents. Don't choose a team that will completely obliterate you. But at the same time, try and pick a team that will be a challenge and a close game.

If you're fighting in field 1 or 2, don't summon any monsters. The monster count is really low in there and you'll barely get any kills. If you summon in there, you're only helping the team you're fighting against.

And Atlas explains way better than me! Hope you don't mind Atlas xD

One of the most effective strategies is just spamming Avoid Up and Cancel Weapon attack and/or magic attack. This makes the opponent have to constantly move to find the towers, giving you that extra time you need to catch up or just get a better lead.

Oh yeah, and try not to fight against assassins. They're usually dexless and can own up your party pretty quickly on fields 5/6 (3/4 is better if you're facing assassins, since it's a flat map. They can't use Lucky 7 if there's too many monsters.

Also, like Jim said, summon teddies. Often, I find that the best strategy is not to summon any monsters (like in fields 3/4, don't summon monsters if they have a brawler/warrior. They'll mob them up and get even more points. You could always summon a crapload of teddies, speed up.) Also, people usually summon master chronos on fields 5/6 because their magic attack never misses. With speed up and magic up, they make for a deadly attack that hits about 330 damage. Also, they're very useful at knocking people down who are trying to climb ladders to reach protectors. If you're facing low levels, try summoning rombots, because if they try and snipe (if they're ranged) the rombots will knock them off. Along with rombots, summon power up and speed up (this will make them do 400~ touch and make them move pretty fast, making for a deadly combo.) If you're facing mages, try to use cancel buff. It might startle them that their magic guard is gone, and it will probably kill them (unless they're surrounded by potions) When you summon a protector like Avoid, Cancel Weapon Attack and Cancel Magic Attack, try to summon weakness or slow to hinder their ability to kill your protectors. The master chronos/rombots that you summon will also help with this.

As a rule of thumb, try to avoid recruiting members using the 'Party Search' function. I find that most of the members that get accepted into the party leave because they weren't invited. Try to find people that understand directions (Get people that all speak the same language). Also avoid fields 1/2 because they are TERRIBLE. From a level 41 gunslinger's point of view, I can rack up about 150 points each match just killing robos. Now if you're a higher level, say, 48, you would be more useful and be able to kill rombots therefore netting your team more CP and eventually the win.

Edited by fanimily, 13 June 2009 - 03:10 AM.

Back on Windia in the form of WunPeace xP

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 *Zokuta*

*Zokuta*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

Great guide! I feel like winning some Monster Carnival! Although, you could give some information on what gives what rank for Rank B-C. What are the other ways that you can use to win if you don't have the dexless sin? Other then that, great guide!

#3 fanimily

fanimily

King Slime

• Official Member
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:48 AM

Well the dexless sin was just a suggestion. Any class could take the role of the main damage dealer.. This person just needs to be able to deal significant damage and be able to kill all these Rombards. The reason I use the example of dexless sin is because I am one and I have only ever lost 2 games in my whole CPQing career. And 1 of those was because of a DC!

Oh and thanks!

Edited by fanimily, 11 June 2009 - 02:53 AM.

#4 Exxel

Exxel

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:iAtsui

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(fanimily @ Jun 11 2009, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the dexless sin was just a suggestion. Any class could take the role of the main damage dealer.. This person just needs to be able to deal significant damage and be able to kill all these Rombards. The reason I use the example of dexless sin is because I am one and I have only ever lost 2 games in my whole CPQing career. And 1 of those was because of a DC!

Oh and thanks!

Party with me !!

And.. nice guide guide ._.

#5 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(fanimily @ Jun 11 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh and thanks!

My sin did the same as any dexless sin his level, and I beat them with stategy and annoying spam.

#6 fanimily

fanimily

King Slime

• Official Member
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

Lal sorry past the CPQing stage!

@CaptObvious: What was your strategy?

#7 pigreaper

pigreaper

MC Public Urination

• Official Member
  • 849 posts
  • IGN:rolee2nd

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

i always found that summoning monsters only work if:

1. the opposing party is weak or

2. you have enough CP to keep up the annoying towers for the rest of the match.

if we weren't losing i wouldn't use any CP, if it was close and they weren't using CP, i wouldn't then either. but i usually had 80% of the teams CP so the minute i seen any monster buffs i would keep spamming until the match was over.

Dexless spearmen (spear users so they can get the fast impaler rather than normal scorpio) also make very good damage dealers & HB

***sper m*

#8 MelonPops

MelonPops

What the flegnog?

• Official Member
  • 817 posts
  • IGN:ItsCnnAgain

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

Due to my laziness, I didn't read any of the guide, so if I repeat anything, my apologies. A lot of this is common sense anyways.

Instead of summoning master chronos or rombots, teddies are a viable option as long as you can keep them buffed 24/7. Those speedy little critters will get in the way of other monsters and will only yield the killer with 1 CP which isn't that much.

You know that short, 10 seconds you have when you accept/get accepted to a match? Those are important! Use that time to check if any of your opponents are DEXless, LUKless, or looks like they have godly equips (PACs, SCGs, BWG, ZHelm, etc). Speaking of equips, look for anything that will give anyone an advantage, mostly maple weapons for ACC. Those 10 seconds will also give you time to think of a strategy. For example, check if they have a warrior without any maple weapons. If they do, then use avoid up! That will save you a lot of CP. It's just as effective as cancel weapon attack buff.

Remember that this is a competition. All's fair in love and war. Feel free to spam any of the buffs as long as you have the CP for it. My number one strategy for CPQ is to keep the enemies locked into not killing any monsters and keep them completely immobilized.

Also, don't kick a man while he's down. If you already have a large lead, don't summon anything.

Be smart about your opponents. Don't choose a team that will completely obliterate you. But at the same time, try and pick a team that will be a challenge and a close game.

If you're fighting in field 1 or 2, don't summon any monsters. The monster count is really low in there and you'll barely get any kills. If you summon in there, you're only helping the team you're fighting against.

That's all I can think of right now. Blah.

Edited by MelonPops, 12 June 2009 - 12:30 PM.

Windia
ItsCnnAgain 160
CptnGreaves 94

#9 fanimily

fanimily

King Slime

• Official Member
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

May I steal those tips and add them in?

#10 MelonPops

MelonPops

What the flegnog?

• Official Member
  • 817 posts
  • IGN:ItsCnnAgain

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

Sure. mush1n.gif

Windia
ItsCnnAgain 160
CptnGreaves 94

#11 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(fanimily @ Jun 12 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lal sorry past the CPQing stage!

@CaptObvious: What was your strategy?

You find out their weakness. For example. for mages, summon rombots with speed, magic up, and power up and use slow, weakness, and cancel buff. And for all, I spam rickrolls for like 2 minutes when we're winning.

#12 Tiger

Tiger

Smack that.

• Respected Member
  • 2230 posts
  • IGN:Parrrrrley - On Zenith!!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

One of the most effective strategies is just spamming Avoid Up and Cancel Weapon attack and/or magic attack. This makes the opponent have to constantly move to find the towers, giving you that extra time you need to catch up or just get a better lead.

Oh yeah, and try not to fight against assassins. They're usually dexless and can own up your party pretty quickly on fields 5/6 (3/4 is better if you're facing assassins, since it's a flat map. They can't use Lucky 7 if there's too many monsters.

Also, like Jim said, summon teddies. Often, I find that the best strategy is not to summon any monsters (like in fields 3/4, don't summon monsters if they have a brawler/warrior. They'll mob them up and get even more points. You could always summon a crapload of teddies, speed up.) Also, people usually summon master chronos on fields 5/6 because their magic attack never misses. With speed up and magic up, they make for a deadly attack that hits about 330 damage. Also, they're very useful at knocking people down who are trying to climb ladders to reach protectors. If you're facing low levels, try summoning rombots, because if they try and snipe (if they're ranged) the rombots will knock them off. Along with rombots, summon power up and speed up (this will make them do 400~ touch and make them move pretty fast, making for a deadly combo.) If you're facing mages, try to use cancel buff. It might startle them that their magic guard is gone, and it will probably kill them (unless they're surrounded by potions) When you summon a protector like Avoid, Cancel Weapon Attack and Cancel Magic Attack, try to summon weakness or slow to hinder their ability to kill your protectors. The master chronos/rombots that you summon will also help with this.

As a rule of thumb, try to avoid recruiting members using the 'Party Search' function. I find that most of the members that get accepted into the party leave because they weren't invited. Try to find people that understand directions (Get people that all speak the same language). Also avoid fields 1/2 because they are TERRIBLE. From a level 41 gunslinger's point of view, I can rack up about 150 points each match just killing robos. Now if you're a higher level, say, 48, you would be more useful and be able to kill rombots therefore netting your team more CP and eventually the win.

#13 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(Atlas @ Jun 12 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once you can break/have a 2.5k damage per 2-3 second ratio, then you can take on rombots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users