1 reply to this topic

#1 x3Medic

x3Medic

Yeti

• Official Member
  • 860 posts
  • IGN:(retired)

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:19 AM

I'm building two websites for a customer. I haven't done this in like two years, so not only I don't have a portfolio but I have no idea how much I should charge him.

The first website is a DOE website hosted off of Office Live (don't ask why wacko2.gif). I offered to do this site for free, but he insisted on paying. Considering it has it's own site builder, how much in your opinion would be a fair but enough price?

The second website is his own small business, and I'm pretty much designing the website from scratch. I already got the hosting service and FTP, but it's just the matter of how much I should charge him for each page and/or labor.

If you do web design, could you show me your portfolio and cost of your services?

If not, how much do you think should I charge him?

Cheers.

EDIT:

I came back from the dead.

Edited by x3Medic, 15 April 2009 - 04:20 AM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Soaa-

Soaa-

Ed's body... it's mine...!

• MT Awards Creator
  • 5433 posts
  • IGN:UnluckysparX

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

Price doesn't necessarily depend on difficulty, but on the time spent on it. How many hours did you spend on it, and how much per hour do you want to charge? No matter how easy it is for you, if he can't do it himself and you can, you're worth something to him.

Same for the second project. It's all about time spent on it. Just note that static pages aren't particularly difficult to do, so charge less per hour if the site is static. If it's dynamic though, you can charge much, much more.
Behold, I will corrupt your seed,
and spread dung upon your faces

Malachi 2:3

Still love you, muh friends. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users