294 replies to this topic

#1 iamflip

iamflip

Maple Road

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5365 posts
  • IGN:SageFIip / SageFlip

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:28 AM

Self explanatory. Comments about what you watched is recommended (spoilers is a must if you're going into detail or thickening plot lines, etcetc.).

Be advised that you should ONLY post what you've watched recently, and that it has to be a currently running series.

Clannad After Story 22: ONG YAY FINAL EPISODE. The first half of it was really good (almost a tearjerker for me), and the second half was teh suck (with Fuuko hogging most of the spotlight for like... 6 mins?).

And from what I heard about the preview for the bonus episode 23, it's apparently episode 1 of the first season, except under Nagisa's POV.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Slyxdexic

Slyxdexic

MT's Resident Medic

• MD Members
  • 1182 posts
  • IGN:TheWoodenLeg

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

Samurai Champloo - Ep. 1

I love this series and it's been a while since I've seen it, so I figured I'd watch it again.

Posted Image

I'm back and representin' Galicia.

(Lvl 44 Brawler) TheWoodenLeg
(Lvl 50 Cleric) Lv3Dispenser

THAT'S RIGHT I MADE TWO CLERICS
WHY?
BECAUSE I'M CLINICALLY INSANE, THAT'S WHY!

#3 Kerist

Kerist

Iron Hog

• MD Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

Xenosaga (Anime of Episode I)

Big fan of the game, so not really any spoilers, but they did develop a character differently and change the ending slightly, which was a delight. The game kind of dragged the story out sometimes, and the anime was a nice way to experience it.

Not currently playing, but it is on YouTube.

#4 iamflip

iamflip

Maple Road

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5365 posts
  • IGN:SageFIip / SageFlip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:08 AM

Clannad AS 23
Ok, so apparently this episode are events that occurred before the first episode (the start of the school year to be exact)... and dang this episode was pretty messed up and funny. mush1k.gif I got quite a laugh out of this one, and the ending was nice and happy with a side of foreshadowing.

Also... nice touch lol @ Kyou and Ryou fanservice. xD

Now for that preview... it's just a sum up of everything, right?

#5 Dopple

Dopple

Inline styles should be an extreme sport.

• Pink
  • 4387 posts
  • IGN:The Panda Man Can

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

Gundam 00

Epic final battle sans the stupid scene-recycling that was in a certain previous Gundam series.

I particularly liked how the love-kicking face-stomping sadist Hallelujah returned to whoop some more love haha take that Innovator sucker

and Exia's reappearance

Dopple loves you. Yes, you.

#6 Oreadia

Oreadia

Perpetually Confused

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • IGN:OreadiaOran

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

Skip Beat! episode 25. I wasn't aware prior to watching it, but apparently it's the last one in the first season. I've already read way farther into the manga, so I knew most of what was going to happen. Really great seeing it animated, though =] Unlike some of the other more voluminous animes, this one follows the storyline from the manga fairly well and doesn't bring in a lot of filler. It's shoujo, so probably not to everyone's taste, but it's actually pretty inspirational and hilariously funny at parts. Love the way the main character is developing...

~ Leigh ~

#7 Spartanshado

Spartanshado

Jr. Necki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • IGN:SpartanShado

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

Gunslinger Girl, just finished the first season. i want Henrietta's P90 so bad. ;___; its a great show so far, i like it.

Now with 15% less 4chan. Desu Desu.

#8 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts
  • IGN:Werfen

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

I went to an Anime convention today, and I was playing a lot of DDR, and I had to play the Lucky Star opening song. It was pretty catchy, so I decided to watch the first episode. Extremely random, but I like the main character. Reminds me a lot of myself.

Now that's two girly animes I like...

#9 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4387 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

Haruhi season 2 1-4.

If the next episode is going to consist of the same stupid repeated @$^$@5 well that's it for me I don't have the patience for this

it's an interesting concept on paper but who but a sucker would enjoy watching the characters say and do nearly the same thing over and over where the only progression is that Kyon notices one more tiny thing the next episode creating one tiny glimmer of hope that's violently beat down by a torrent of the same sequences

#10 Tony130

Tony130

Failblog Fan

• Official Member
  • 866 posts
  • IGN:Quit

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE(Grape @ Jul 14 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haruhi season 2 1-4.

If the next episode is going to consist of the same stupid repeated @$^$@5 well that's it for me I don't have the patience for this

it's an interesting concept on paper but who but a sucker would enjoy watching the characters say and do nearly the same thing over and over where the only progression is that Kyon notices one more tiny thing the next episode creating one tiny glimmer of hope that's violently beat down by a torrent of the same sequences

OFT. I definitely know how you feel. I just watched episode 3-5 yesterday and it was the same thing over and over again. The difference is different clothes. I've literally waited for 3 years and I was so excited that it actually came out, but watching those episodes over and over again feels like a huge dissapointment to me.

My first guide is complete!
http://forums.maplet...howtopic=136184

#11 SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

~

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 889 posts
  • IGN:SoIntoYou

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:53 AM

alskfjsdf please disregard this post. :[
Posted Image

#12 Winged

Winged

These are EXTRA-ordinary times...

• Official Member
  • 455 posts
  • IGN:-

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:30 PM

Planning to watch Lucky Star on the weekends.

#13 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:10 AM

Saki, Gintama, and Asura Cryin'.
Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

#14 Hellraiser

Hellraiser

Taiga

• Official Member
  • 873 posts
  • IGN:ChaosFir3

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

Just started watching Durarara, new anime that only started airing in japan in january I think. Pretty good so far. Its got this persona 4 feeling :P. Waiting on more episodes =|

Edited by Hellraiser, 12 February 2010 - 05:31 PM.

#15 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4387 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

Just finished watching the first 12 episodes of the interestingly named Legend of the Legendary Heroes on blu-ray. love is the beeeesssssttttttt, why isn't it more popular?

Things blow up, heads roll, and the main character is a socially apathetic mage pulled into a vortex of death and political corruption. Outside of a few gratingly overexcited presences, what's there not to like.

Edited by Dopple, 13 January 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#16 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4387 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Finally got around to starting Sora no Kiseki on blu-ray last night and I was kind of sad because the TV refuses to connect with the computer and idk why, it really could have done wonders for the action. lol bodies flying 100 feet into the air.

After I got over the initial shock that it started off at the second chapter I started appreciating it a lot more because I've been wanting a series where the main character just kicks people's asses. I don't know how many anime I've felt were awful past the first few episodes and would've preferred something shallower and simpler like the main character kicking everyone's love the whole series.

Edited by Dopple, 17 September 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#17 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4387 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

@After Joshua got up from being launched into a concrete wall my brother was like 有無咁 yeah 呀 [it is an expression like something is so damn cool it's more ridiculous than cool]... Wait, is that Silver Will?

*cough* This series doesn't care if you haven't played the game and will happily leave you behind while casually spoiling everything, but I wholeheartedly recommend it anyway.

Edited by Dopple, 14 October 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#18 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4387 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

2vsoqdc.jpg

Give me a break, this is an unfair comparison. It animates nicely.

[edit] Eeups, how inconsiderate of me. What the little girl was carrying in the TV panel was a major spoiler, so I have edited it out to make it less obvious.

#19 Dopple

Dopple

• Pink
  • 4387 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

OK Sword Art Online

The premise is interesting
there's lots to explore
The translation of the novel really sucks though that may not entirely be the fault of the translation
the author doesn't seem to know much about MMOs
the characters are bad and anything interesting about them flew out the window after the first couple of episodes never to be seen again (I like Kuradeel btw, he's so extremely bad he's good)
there's a lot of cliches
anything that's not a cliche seems really try hard
the romance can be summed up with "Lol what a bunch of kids."

I am ok that it didn't spiral straight into a disaster past the first few episodes. I guess "well it depends on what you mean by disaster," and I know there's a lotta noise about it and a lotta that noise isn't good noise. Actual terrible anime series, though? Nobody talks about them, and there's no eng fanfiction about them either. Eg Persona Trinity Soul and Shining Tears X Wind

anyway I don't dislike SAO but I'd gladly trade it for more Legend of the Legendary Heroes or The Legend of Heroes VI if I could t-t

Also I never understood why this was ever a thing:

Be advised that you should ONLY post what you've watched recently, and that it has to be a currently running series.

Edited by Dopple, 09 January 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#20 Hobbes

Hobbes
  • IGN:WindHobbes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

because it would be sacrilege to say that i only finished code geass last week (which i did. i dont care that i'm like 6 years late, its a great series!)

ya.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users