1 reply to this topic

#1 dragonzrkool

dragonzrkool

Evan Tard

• Official Member
  • 571 posts
  • IGN:Dragonzrkool

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

Ok, I have asked you questions before, and you guys have been able to solve problems without even knowing what the forum is. Your advice is so helpful.

This time, I'm asking a bit on getting a community going.

I've taken advice from you guys before, and my own personal experiences with forums and moderating (And even administration) and incorporating them into my forums.

Something important I was told about (Or at least considered it important) was to never make the forum in a general category. I was told that most general-talk forums do not get very far. My forum is a community based on a site I made (And have told some of you guys about before).

So it is a fan-forum?

I've also gotten some helpful advice with keeping out problem members and such, a good tip on what to do for advertising.

I believe I'm on a decent start, but here is a problem I got.

Both, the site, and the forum... are little known... and non-profit places (They are not commercial). And they're both under free-hosts.

I would pay to have a host that is my own, but I simply do not have the time and money to be able to keep both up, especially if I'm not making any of that money back.

So with the said problems, it's a new community with about 10 of my friends as members. Any of you guys know of a good way to get the community going, even if it's a free-host. (I know the part in where I'm using a free-forum host and webhost is an extreme factor)

":|"

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 dragonzrkool

dragonzrkool

Evan Tard

• Official Member
  • 571 posts
  • IGN:Dragonzrkool

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(amTich @ Feb 3 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
building communities take time, Be patient.

That, I can do. But is there anything I can try to help me get on a good boost??

":|"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users