•         

A F/P Wizard Guide

#1 Alex

Alex

Dancing with Calvin and Hobbes

• Official Member
  • IGN:Alexsqian

03 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

This is a topic that mainly focuses on training spots, skills, and cons/pros. (Focuses on POISON as well, so I will include a POISON build.)

Magician Pros

-Very high MP, and with magic guard, can survive even the hardest hits.
-Magic guard (see above) replaces most of the damage done to HP with MP, so you won't die -brutally.
-Have ranged attacks, so no need to get close to monsters and get hit.
-Stable damage, and nice attacks.
-No "Passive Mastery"

Magician Cons

-Has very low HP, but magic guard makes up for it.
-Considered the "weakest" job, but trust me, it is not.
-Equips are considered "very ugly", but that isn't that important.
-Without magic guard, (unless you're a blood mage) you'll die a horrible and brutal death at any monster.

~Starting Stats~

STR and DEX should be 4/4 (the "perfect stats"). It doesn't really matter much, but it has to be under 6/6. (Mine was 5/6, it didn't really effect me.) Your LUK should always be 3 above your level (unless you're going LUKless), and your INT is the rest of the AP you have.

Becoming a magician

At level 8, go to Ellinia and walk/jump to the very top of Ellinia. Talk to Grendel, and he'll advance you to the mage.

Skills

I will not say what the skill does, or what its max level is, but I will say if its useful or not, and give an opinion. (Scaling)

Improving Mp Recovery

Get this. This is vital. Without this, you'll burn pots as fast as you buy them. 9/10

Improving Max MP increase

I cannot tell you how useful this skill is. It improves how much MP you get each level, and that may not seem good, but it is GODLY. 10/10

Magic Guard

This, is the skill that you have to max. No matter what, you have to max it. (Unless you're a blood mage) You will need this, as the monsters you will be training on will 1-hit K.O you unless you do not have this skill on at all times. It is the skill that no matter what situation, use it. 10/10

Magic Armour

Magic Armour is not very useful, unless you're a blood mage. It will not help you at all. Magic guard max is like... -60 or so damage. NOT USEFUL. 1/10 (unless you're a blood mage which then it is) 8/10.

Energy Bolt

1 AP into this skill is enough. More into it is useless. That 1 AP is for Magic Claw. (see below) 2/10

Magic Claw

MAX IT. It will be your main offensive spell until level 30, which then it is your 2nd most offensive skill. (8/10)

Unfunded Skill Build
+1 Energy Bolt
+3 Improving MP Recovery
+2 Improving MP Recovery, +1 Max MP Increase
+3 Max MP Increase
+3 Max MP Increase
+3 Max MP Increase
+3 Improving MP Recovery
+3 Improving MP Recovery
+3 Improving MP Recovery
+2 Improving MP Recovery, +1 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+1 Magic Claw, +2 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard

In the end, your skills should be -

1 Energy Bolt
20 Magic Claw (Maxed)
20 Magic Guard (Maxed)
16 Improving MP Recovery (Maxed)
10 Improving Max MP Increase (Maxed)
0 Magic Guard

Powerleveling Build/Funded Build
+1 Energy Bolt
+3 Improving MP Recovery
+2 Improving MP Recovery, +1 Improving Max MP Increase
+3 Improving Max MP Increase
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+3 Magic Claw
+2 Magic Claw, +1 Improving MP Recovery
+3 Improving MP Recovery
+3 Improving MP Recovery
+3 Improving MP Recovery
+1 Improving MP Recovery, +2 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard
+3 Magic Guard

1 Energy Bolt
20 Magic Claw (Maxed)
20 Magic Guard (Maxed)
16 Improving MP Recovery (Maxed)
10 Improving Max MP Increase (Maxed
0 Magic Armour

Training Spots

Levels 8 - 12

Snails at HHG. (Henseys Hunting Ground.)

Levels 12-16

Slimes at HHG/Slime tree.

Levels 16 - 22

Slimes if you want, or if you can, try orange mushrooms. (At HHG)

Levels 22-30

Try KPQ, or Green and Horny Mushrooms are which are located at Sleepywood/Ellinia. Pig Beach is also okay, but its hidden. (All at Henseys, except for KPQ, which is at Kerning, and Green/Horny Mushrooms which are at Sleepywood/Ellinia.)

Advancing to 2nd Job

Congratulations! You have made it to the second job. Go to Grendel, and talk to him. He will send you to go to a instructor. He is at the north of Ellinia. Stock up on pots, and talk to the instructor. Kill horny mushrooms and curse eyes until you get 30 dark marbles. Then, talk to the Instructor again, get "Proof of Hero", talk to Grendel, and choose F/P wizard. (Be sure not to misclick) And congratulations! You're a F/P wizard.

F/P Wizard Pros

-The highest damage out of all three classes
-Can easily KS other wizard classes at Ice-Based monsters.
-Fire arrow, a single-monster attack, can apply MASSIVE damage to monsters that are Ice-based.
-Training spots tend to drop quite a bit of mesos or items that sell for a lot of mesos.
-Achieve 100% knockback with FA most of the time.

F/P Wizard Cons

-Damage at fire-resistant monsters is so horrible it'll make you want to cry. You will never train on one, I promise.
-No Mob attack until level 70
-Easily KSed at monsters that are not Ice-Based.
-Can be boring, because of how slow training is.
-Not wanted at boss monsters, because of crappy damage at 3rd job.

Skills

MP Eater

This skill isn't that useful while you're a wizard, max it later. 7/10

Teleport

A very good skill, allows telecasting (explained at the end of the guide), and allows faster travel. High MP cost at first, gradually gets lower the skill gets to a higher level. 9/10

Fire Arrow

MAX. IT. The main offensive skill for a fire wizard, this skill will help you wonders. The highest-damage skill out of all the wizard skills. 10/10

Poison Breath

This skill is.... unique. Poison Mist totally beats it in any way you could imagine, but some people choose this to level faster. I personally don't like this skill (Hate it), but I can imagine some people taking it. It is fun to play around with, though. 9/10 (For pizards) 1/10 (For fizards)

Meditation

Awesome. +20 Magic attack when maxed, this is like an extra 200-700 damage slapped on to your already-high damage. Max this after FA (if you're a fizard, otherwise) after PB. (if you're a pizard)

Slow

A cool skill, not much use during the wizard part of the job. When you get seal though, this skill does wonders. 8/10

Pure Fire Skill Build
+1 Teleport/MP Eater
+3 Fire Arrow
+3 Fire Arrow
+3 Fire Arrow
+3 Fire Arrow
+3 Fire Arrow
(WARNING: You can now save SP because of the sudden double cost in MP from fire arrow when it hits level 16. I will do both, so you decide.)
+3 Fire Arrow/Save 3 SP
+3 Fire Arrow/Save 3 SP
+3 Fire Arrow/Save 3 SP
+3 Fire Arrow/+9 Fire Arrow
+3 Fire Arrow
+3 MP Eater/+2 MP Eater, +1 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+2 Meditation, +1 Teleport/+1 Meditation, +2 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+2 Slow, +1 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+1 MP Eater, +2 Into Magic Armour/Energy Bolt/Poison Breath
+3 Into Magic Armour/Energy Bolt/Poison Breath

30 Fire Arrow (Maxed)
20 Meditation (Maxed)
20 MP Eater (Maxed)
20 Slow (Maxed)
20 Teleport (Maxed)
11 Magic Armour/12 Energy Bolt/11 Poison Breath

Pure Poison Skill Build

+1 Teleport/MP Eater
+3 Poison Breath
+3 Poison Breath
+3 Poison Breath
+3 Poison Breath
+3 Poison Breath
(WARNING: You can now save SP because of the sudden double cost in MP from poison breath when it hits level 16. I will do both, so you decide.)
+3 Poison Breath/Save 3 SP
+3 Poison Breath/+9 Poison Breath
+3 Poison Breath
+3 MP Eater/+2 MP Eater, +1 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+3 Meditation
+2 Meditation, +1 Teleport/+1 Meditation, +2 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Teleport
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+3 Slow
+2 Slow, +1 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+3 MP Eater
+1 MP Eater, +2 Into Magic Armour/Energy Bolt/Fire Arrow
+3 Into Magic Armour/Energy Bolt/Fire Arrow

30 Poison Breath (Maxed)
20 Meditation (Maxed)
20 MP Eater (Maxed)
20 Slow (Maxed)
20 Teleport (Maxed)
11 Magic Armour/12 Energy Bolt/11 Fire Arrow

Training Spots

Levels 30-35

Horned mushrooms and zombie mushrooms are good. (Located in Sleepywood)

Levels 35-38

Leatty and Jr. Cactus are good exp givers. (Leatty at El Nath, Jr. Cactus at Ariant)

Levels 38-46

Jr. Pepe is great, Jr. Grupins are too. Leatty if you still want too, but I highly reccomend Jr. Pepe/Jr. Grupins. (Jr. Pepe at Aqua Road, Jr. Grupins in Orbis)

Levels 46-55

Jr. Yeti. All the way. It's 9 levels, yes, but they give very good exp, and drops will make you feel rich like never before. (At El Nath)

Levels 55-63

Grupin/Samiho. GREAT EXP and GOOD DROPS. Get's insanely boring though. (Grupin at Orbis, Samiho at Korean Folk Town)

Levels 63-70

Jr. Selkies and Water Goblins are great exp. (Jr. Selkies at Singapore, Water Goblins at Zinpangu)

Advancing to 3rd Job

Congratulations, you finally made it to level 70! You must be very, very happy. Go to El Nath and talk to Roberia. Stock up on holy waters and pots, and go to Ellinia. Talk to Grendel, and go to the Forest of Evil II. Kill Grendel's Clone, which can seal you and summon Tauromacis. Very easy, just corner Grendel and FA like never before. Get the dark charm, talk to Grendel, and talk to Roberia again. Get a dark crystal, go to the Holy Stone, answer the 5 questions right, go back to Roberia and talk to her again. CONGRATULATIONS! You are officially a F/P Mage.

Oh, and I suggest you put 1 SP into explosion, whether you're going Explosion/Poison Mist build or not.

The End

Well, that's the end to this guide. I hope this guide helped in you in becoming a Fire/Poison wizard, and that's all I have to say.

(Telecasting is when you launch a fire arrow/composition arrow, you teleport back/front to avoid getting hit/make some distance between you and the monster. The attack still launches from where you were before, but you go to a different place.)

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Tiger

Tiger

Smack that.

• Respected Member
  • IGN:Parrrrrley - On Zenith!!

04 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

I'm recommending Psycho Jacks, which are a steal for only 76(?) experience points a pop. They're located in New Leaf City- Phantom Forest.

Posted Image

#3 Alex

Alex

• Official Member

04 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE(Atlas @ Jan 3 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm recommending Psycho Jacks, which are a steal for only 76(?) experience points a pop. They're located in New Leaf City- Phantom Forest.

Thanks, but could you tell me what level you should be training at as a F/P mage?

#4 Bellatrixa

Bellatrixa

B> Mistletoe

• Official Member
  • IGN:Bellatrixa/Hollis

04 January 2009 - 02:21 AM

-nudges- I have some basic mage stuff in my guide if you want to borrow. I think generally it's the same for all classes up til about 35 (certainly mage wise). I know that's when Cold beam/Thunderbolt and Heal become effective to attack with so I assume the same is true of Fire Arrow?

As for F/P training areas, it depends on the build you're using:

Pure Fire:
30 Fire Arrow
20 Meditation
20 Mp Eater
0 Poison Brace
20 Slow
20 Teleport
11 Free Points

Hybrid:
30 Fire Arrow
20 Meditation
3 Mp Eater
28 Poison Brace
20 Slow
20 Teleport
0 Free Points

Pizard (Pure Poison):
0 Fire Arrow
20 Meditation
20 Mp Eater
30 Poison Brace
20 Slow
20 Teleport
11 Free Points

With Fire Arrow first, you'd start at Jr Wraiths from 35, for Pizards/Poison first, you can do Death Teddies at 5x...

I found the following on SW though:

Pizard SP Build: Training Zones

30~36

* Wild Boars
* Ant Tunnel
* Pink/ Brown Teddies
* Stirges

__________________________________________________ ________

36~41

* Bees at NLC
* Mask Fish
* Krips or Bubblefish

41~46

* Krips
* Bubblefish
* Poopas
* Retz

46~51

* Mix Golems at the Golem Temple near Henesys.
* Cloud park 6

So I suggest similar monsters. PQ isn't too good for pizards as they've only really got Claw as an attack until they have Slow to work along side Brace.
Bellatrixa - 11x Sniper
iHaveBewbs - 2x Rogue
Asphyxiata - 2x Pierat

Ohai~ I quit eMS. Stepped into my Destiny instead ;D Less drama, less judgement, less gulliability.

Beginner Mage Guide How To Be An Awesomesauce I/L Mage
QUOTE(dragonzrkool)
I don't think nature wants me to have my hand :(

#5 Alex

Alex

• Official Member

21 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

Made a minor change, I forgot to add credits to people. Am I allowed to add credits now?

#6 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • IGN:kevinpyr

22 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

At 3rd job, I advise against putting 1 point into Explosion at 70 if you're getting Mist because its range increases at levels 1, 4, 7, and every 3 levels after so you'll be delaying a whole level of range.

I also advise against getting Explosion first altogether, since Poison Mist is a much more efficient way to level.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster
Aubergines - 11x White Knight
Characid - 9x Battle Mage

Page/White Knight/Paladin Guide - terribly out of date
Everest - Guild Boss Hunting Event - Winner!

#7 Alex

Alex

• Official Member

22 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(kevin y @ Jan 21 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At 3rd job, I advise against putting 1 point into Explosion at 70 if you're getting Mist because its range increases at levels 1, 4, 7, and every 3 levels after so you'll be delaying a whole level of range.

I also advise against getting Explosion first altogether, since Poison Mist is a much more efficient way to level.

That is true, for explosion and poison mist the range increases every 3 levels after 1.

But, poison mist at 1 does not allow a good training place. Same follows for the next 5 levels I believe.

Explosion at 1 allows already a great training/sniping place, allowing fast training for levels 70-76. (Singapore Ghost Ship 5, step above the middle.)

At level 76+, poison mist can begin to have a variety of training places. (DTs, MDTs, and so on)

Either way, poison mist will be maxed at 80. And, getting explosion first opens also new ways to save money via sniping. Poison mist is recommended for people who are rich and do not mind spamming of pots.

The Poison Mist build and the Explosion build varies, It depends on which one you want. Someone could have less then 100,000 mesos and choose the Poison Mist build because it looks fun. It Varies. If you want range first, then put 1 into poison mist, but levels 70-76 will be mostly relying on FA. All IMHO.