#21 IndoX

IndoX

Rainbows ~!

• Respected Member
  • 2516 posts
  • IGN:-

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(Eric7 @ Feb 2 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasnt like serios or anything..It just happned to be something I thought you know. I just imanged whaat it be like to see a big ole pile of cool stuff and go pick it all up. GAWD cant I think of that mush1n.gif. Anyways as I said before I cant aford to do a zrun anyways.

Well. When it come's to picking up a great item. Or not betraying your online friends, I'd choose the ladder. Z-Helms are great, but having friends is what makes MS fun.

Interested in my MS character (even though I don't play)? lndoJabijinX

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#22 Hentai

Hentai

Lagromancer

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3675 posts
  • IGN:Hentai

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:47 AM

I wonder, what if the buyer can contribute to the run. Being a high leveled attacker, just helm-less. Would the seller waiver the fee? Perhaps not, since the buyer is leeching the exp.

Hentai loves you. Yes, you.

#23 IndoX

IndoX

Rainbows ~!

• Respected Member
  • 2516 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(Hentai @ Feb 3 2009, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder, what if the buyer can contribute to the run. Being a high leveled attacker, just helm-less. Would the seller waiver the fee? Perhaps not, since the buyer is leeching the exp.

Well, if it's usually someone who can contribute to the run, and are friends of the organizer, you won't have to pay. You'd just have to wait your turn to get your helmet (after all the buyers, and people in front of you, etc). But if you could get into a zakum run you wouldn't be paying for a helm you'd get one eventually.

#24 Hiyochan

Hiyochan

Windia's Ditziest BowGirl :)

• Official Member
  • 957 posts
  • IGN:Hiyochan

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

If someone capable of fighting purchased a helm from a stranger group, they would likely be treated as a regular buyer. They're not going to forgo the 35mil he would have payed just so Zakum goes down a minute or two later, unless they we really short on attackers and decide to give him apples or something. At most, they may reduce the zRun pay from the helm price.

That being said, there's no reason to buy a helm at full price if you can get into a run and earn one yourself, unless your connection's really bad, but it's still not worth 35mil to have someone play your account.
Windia:
Hiyochan - lvl 128 Bowmaster <120 01/23/09>
LaLaaLove - lvl 5x xBowGirl
SmoochuLa - Lvl 5x Cleric
MemorianM00 - HB/Zakum mule in-training
Scania:
Babbeeestarz - lvl 9x Priest

#25 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts
  • IGN:kevinpyr

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

Even if you don't get KSed or harassed, looting anything out of order will ruin your reputation. It can and will be used against you in the future (e.g. when applying to a guild or Zak/HT runs and the like). Especially in the emptier servers like Bello. Not worth it.

Zakum is much easier now and can be killed without the level of organization needed to kill it pre-4th job patch, but its not something where you can just walk in and win either. Usually when I go, I go with 3 other friends/guildmates (13x NL, 14x DK, and 14x Bishop) and 1-3 extra attackers, usually NLs or SE-ers and we kill in 30-ish minutes. The mesos from one buyer barely covers apple costs (We took a few people for 25m and some for even 15m, losing money in the process since Zak drops aren't worth much in general).

If you are helm-less and you're on good terms with the organizers they'll probably let you loot if there are any spare helms. I was 127 on my WK when I finally decided I needed a helm and asked a friend to take me on a run. However, if you aren't familiar with anyone who organizes you probably won't be allowed to come even if you could help, since running with 'randoms' is a risk people don't like to take.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster
Aubergines - 11x White Knight
Characid - 9x Battle Mage

Page/White Knight/Paladin Guide - terribly out of date
Everest - Guild Boss Hunting Event - Winner!

#26 Slyxdexic

Slyxdexic

MT's Resident Medic

• MD Members
  • 1182 posts
  • IGN:TheWoodenLeg

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

What I want to know is: what's the difference between the REAL zakum helmet and THIS Zakum helmet? Are they both dropped by Zakum? or what.

Edited by Slyxdexic, 04 February 2009 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

I'm back and representin' Galicia.

(Lvl 44 Brawler) TheWoodenLeg
(Lvl 50 Cleric) Lv3Dispenser

THAT'S RIGHT I MADE TWO CLERICS
WHY?
BECAUSE I'M CLINICALLY INSANE, THAT'S WHY!

#27 IndoX

IndoX

Rainbows ~!

• Respected Member
  • 2516 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(Slyxdexic @ Feb 4 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I want to know is: what's the difference between the REAL zakum helmet and THIS Zakum helmet? Are they both dropped by Zakum? or what.

They're both zakum helmets, and they're both REAL. However, zakum only drops zakum helmet (1) in gMS. Zakum helmet (2) has been given away to a player (Suushi I think) by a GM at one point in time. However, it bares no real importance.

And the difference is stats. Lol.

#28 Harmonic

Harmonic

:)

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 1194 posts
  • IGN:dennisnoaqui

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(Slyxdexic @ Feb 4 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They aren't actually fake, but they are all dropped by Zakum, but the other ones are tradeable, but bad statistics.

yayhancock

#29 Slyxdexic

Slyxdexic

MT's Resident Medic

• MD Members
  • 1182 posts
  • IGN:TheWoodenLeg

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:24 PM

I rushed that post, so I worded what I said really wrong. I understood the difference in the two helmets being their stats. That's why I brought up the subject. And I didn't mean to imply that the second was fake, or anything like that.

In better words, I just wanted to know why two different types of zakum helmets existed. I always assumed there was only one, until I actually looked it up and found 2 of the same helmets with different stats.

Also, I brought this up because I might consider buying one in the near future. I just need to do the research on what the rates are in Khaini.

Edited by Slyxdexic, 04 February 2009 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

I'm back and representin' Galicia.

(Lvl 44 Brawler) TheWoodenLeg
(Lvl 50 Cleric) Lv3Dispenser

THAT'S RIGHT I MADE TWO CLERICS
WHY?
BECAUSE I'M CLINICALLY INSANE, THAT'S WHY!

#30 IndoX

IndoX

Rainbows ~!

• Respected Member
  • 2516 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(Slyxdexic @ Feb 4 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rushed that post, so I worded what I said really wrong. I understood the difference in the two helmets being their stats. That's why I brought up the subject. And I didn't mean to imply that the second was fake, or anything like that.

In better words, I just wanted to know why two different types of zakum helmets existed. I always assumed there was only one, until I actually looked it up and found 2 of the same helmets with different stats.

Also, I brought this up because I might consider buying one in the near future. I just need to do the research on what the rates are in Khaini.

If I'm not mistaken I'm positive there are 3 zakum helmets; (1), (2), & (3). Currently only helmet (1) is being dropped from zakum. It is not known whether the other helmets will be added to his drops in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users