#1 lilmusician

lilmusician

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • IGN:lilmusician

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:33 PM

Okay, well, I've been playing Maple for almost 4 months on the same Vista desktop computer, but one day, it just started freezing (not just MS, my whole computer) at the white screen after the Wizet logo. I've tried everything I could think of to get it to work again, including cleaning up my computer, re-installing, and setting the frequency with the "Setup" in the MS installation folder.

After over 50 tries to start up Maple, I realized that if I move my cursor and click a few times at the Wizet logo, it actually goes to the log in screen (this only works the first time I try to start MS after turning on my computer). But at the log in screen, my keyboard stops working and I'm forced to exit. This was a routine thing for me before: exiting out of the log in screen, opening up device manager, uninstalling the corrupted USB port and reinstalling it, and restarting Maple. But like I said, it only gets as far as the log-in the first time now.

I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with the new keyboard and mouse that I just bought. Does MS have any problems with Logitech? It doesn't seem likely, but I started having this problem around the time I bought them. (It's a Cordless Desktop EX110, if that's relevant, and the keyboard and mouse I used to have were the wireless ones that came with my computer.)

If I think of any more information that matters, I'll post it... but I'd really appreciate any ideas to fix this. It's getting rather irritating...

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Chemi

Chemi

Dark Stone Gollem

• Official Member
  • 675 posts
  • IGN:chemioo

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:13 PM

I have wireless logitech gear and it works just fine. I highly doubt your keyboard is messing up anything, unless you didn't install drivers with it... but I can't imagine your keyboard working very well without those. Did you add anything else to your computer recently? Downloads count in that adding on.

We do things we probably shouldn't, things we may regret later, if not already.
But that's life, a buttload of regrettable events with a bit of awesome thrown in.

#3 lilmusician

lilmusician

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(mikechemi @ Sep 23 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have wireless logitech gear and it works just fine. I highly doubt your keyboard is messing up anything, unless you didn't install drivers with it... but I can't imagine your keyboard working very well without those. Did you add anything else to your computer recently? Downloads count in that adding on.

The only thing that comes to mind was the registry cleaner that I installed last week. But I uninstalled it a few days ago... and I'm not sure, but I think it was called Optimizer Pro or something like that. It did one scan and I think it got rid of a few files, but they didn't look like it had anything to do with Maple.

#4 Chemi

Chemi

Dark Stone Gollem

• Official Member
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:26 PM

>.> There's a chance it could have deleted something in the registry that Maple needed to play, but that looked like garbage to it. Have you tried reinstalling? Have you tried downloading the game again and installing from that? How's your firewalls/virus protection? They haven't change lately, have they? That can cause major issues, too.

But that's life, a buttload of regrettable events with a bit of awesome thrown in.

#5 lilmusician

lilmusician

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(mikechemi @ Sep 23 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
>.> There's a chance it could have deleted something in the registry that Maple needed to play, but that looked like garbage to it. Have you tried reinstalling? Have you tried downloading the game again and installing from that? How's your firewalls/virus protection? They haven't change lately, have they? That can cause major issues, too.

Yeah, I completely removed Maple from my computer, re-downloaded and installed it again, all after the registry cleanup. My firewall and virus protection are still the same. MS is still let through the firewall.

This is beginning to seem hopeless and unfixable... mush1d.gif

#6 Chemi

Chemi

Dark Stone Gollem

• Official Member
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

-.- leave it to windows vista to be difficult. The only other thing I can think of is that you were trying to connect during server maintenance, but that would imply the problem would go away. I'm stumped! Sorry >.<

One last thing... make sure your video settings are correct. Sometimes that crashes things for no reason. Also, using Vista crashes things for no reason. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

#7 relentless88

relentless88

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:NoYou

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

Maybe your graphics card is broken or RAM memory card, does any other program have the same problem?

#8 lilmusician

lilmusician

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(relentless88 @ Sep 26 2008, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe your graphics card is broken or RAM memory card, does any other program have the same problem?

I wouldn't know if any other program has the same problem.. I don't really use anything else other than MSN, MS Word, iTunes, and FireFox...

How do I find out if either of them are broken?

#9 Chemi

Chemi

Dark Stone Gollem

• Official Member
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:30 PM

Well, if your graphics card were broken and you don't have an onboard graphics card to back it up, you wouldn't be able to see anything... and I don't think your RAM is broken, either. Has anything else been running slow? Does your computer take longer to boot up? Does anything at all about the computer seem a little fishy?

#10 lilmusician

lilmusician

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(mikechemi @ Sep 27 2008, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if your graphics card were broken and you don't have an onboard graphics card to back it up, you wouldn't be able to see anything... and I don't think your RAM is broken, either. Has anything else been running slow? Does your computer take longer to boot up? Does anything at all about the computer seem a little fishy?

Umm, nope. Nothing is slow, but there is something wrong with my sidebar calendar... lol
It's just and orange square now for some reason. Re-installing that didn't work. But is that really relevant?

#11 Chemi

Chemi

Dark Stone Gollem

• Official Member
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:59 PM

Maybe. That leads me to believe your graphics are glitching somehow. You could try reinstalling your video drivers?

#12 lilmusician

lilmusician

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(mikechemi @ Sep 28 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe. That leads me to believe your graphics are glitching somehow. You could try reinstalling your video drivers?

I already did... :|

#13 Chemi

Chemi

Dark Stone Gollem

• Official Member
  • 675 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

I dunno man, I've got nothin. I'd say switch back to XP... Vista blows anyways. Sorry I can't be of more help >.<

#14 lilmusician

lilmusician

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(mikechemi @ Sep 29 2008, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno man, I've got nothin. I'd say switch back to XP... Vista blows anyways. Sorry I can't be of more help >.<

Hahah. Ah, well... I guess I'm stuck with using my old, slow XP desktop over there :[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users