Photo

Maple's guide to making a tank magician!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Maplekidd

Maplekidd

The survivor

• Official Member
  • 411 posts
  • IGN:Quit. Sorry =(

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:56 AM

~Dead~

Edited by Maplekidd, 25 December 2008 - 09:56 AM.

Posted Image
My art thread My Deviantart My Steam
Currently playing : Dungeons and dragons online - Maplestory - Modern warfare 2 - Halo 3 ODST

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 iGravy

iGravy

Gravy > Mashed Potato.

• Official Member
  • 841 posts
  • IGN:Frawr

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:43 AM

It just looks like you have the bare essentials here. You don't even say how you tank and why you place points where they are. Not very good at all, 3/10.

Sorry Stephen. I couldn't resist. ilu ;;

#3 Tara

Tara

I finally have a dog! Her name's Kiki. :3

• Official Member
  • 1495 posts
  • IGN:LonerBlade

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:40 AM

...This whole guide doesn't make sense, and how is this a tank magician? Without LUK, you can't wear the better Magician equipment with better defence, therefore you can't take damage quite as well. How would adding only INT allow you to take more damage? How does maxing all passive skills make you a tank magician?

You really need to explain things other than just throwing out directions and calling it a guide.

Also, what is...this?
where do a but all these points?
Did you even bother looking it over before posting?
Click the dragons. They'll pet your hair and tell you that you're pretty. =)

#4 DarkAzure

DarkAzure

Master of Colors

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 196 posts
  • IGN:Warloxer

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:33 AM

This just confused me!

I play World of Warcraft on the Deathwing Server
Built Horde Tuff

#5 Bellatrixa

Bellatrixa

B> Mistletoe

• Official Member
  • 1085 posts
  • IGN:Bellatrixa/Hollis

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:18 AM

... So basically Lukless Priests are tanks? That's kinda true, but there's still more to a build (and guide) than this. How about explaining what equipment to use until when? If you're an eMS Kradia player, there's a lot of stuff that we don't have that gMS does, such as Lv 35 and 64 Maple Weapons which are even better for tank Bishops. I remade Delphine on a Pserver and she has something like, +152 int as a Lukless and is pretty much invincible. Problem is, when it comes to bossing, Priests/Bishops are a support role... But you also need to be able to do enough damage to train to a high level...

A bit of advice: read over some other people's guides, get a feel for what content you need to include and expand on this... a lot. Sounds harsh, but that's the key to writing a successful guide.
Bellatrixa - 11x Sniper
iHaveBewbs - 2x Rogue
Asphyxiata - 2x Pierat

Ohai~ I quit eMS. Stepped into my Destiny instead ;D Less drama, less judgement, less gulliability.

Beginner Mage Guide How To Be An Awesomesauce I/L Mage
QUOTE(dragonzrkool)
I don't think nature wants me to have my hand :(

#6 pigreaper

pigreaper

MC Public Urination

• Official Member
  • 849 posts
  • IGN:rolee2nd

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:30 AM

i still don't think they could tank better than page/wk/paladins, could any class top them? maybe at the page stage in the game but with freeze, uninteruptible stun and threaten i think we tank best. too bad nobody wants a tank unlike FFonline, never layed WoW but i imagine gameplay and strategy is nearly the same.
***sper m*

#7 Maplekidd

Maplekidd

The survivor

• Official Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

Has anyone noticed it's a WORK IN PROGRESS - I can change it all I want...

anyway - before you get luck your supposed to get high MP to use skills like magic guard, magic armor ect;

then you pile the luck...
Posted Image
Currently playing : Dungeons and dragons online - Maplestory - Modern warfare 2 - Halo 3 ODST

#8 iGravy

iGravy

Gravy > Mashed Potato.

• Official Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

So what you've just done is change it completely in the hope it'll be less confusing, which has failed, and changed the colours to make it more exciting, which has failed. Colour is okay for titles and stuff, but for all the text it gets irritating. And go into depth on WHY you need all that intelligence to level 20, WHY you never get hit etc.

#9 Maplekidd

Maplekidd

The survivor

• Official Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(iGravy @ Sep 27 2008, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what you've just done is change it completely in the hope it'll be less confusing, which has failed, and changed the colours to make it more exciting, which has failed. Colour is okay for titles and stuff, but for all the text it gets irritating. And go into depth on WHY you need all that intelligence to level 20, WHY you never get hit etc.

I've added that info - anyway, the colors actually help, basically you know you don't need to read the first section, you also will know when are reading another section...
Posted Image

#10 iGravy

iGravy

Gravy > Mashed Potato.

• Official Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

I just think they're pretentious. And no, you haven't explained, why do you add all the INT? Howcome you're never hit? Do all mobs miss you or something? It's like Geography, pretend we're dumb, stupid animals and spell everything out for us.

Edit; Oh look, you did change it. Lol. A bit better.

Editedit; Half of normal magicians MP

I think that statement is false. Surely if you're maxxing all passive skills, you'll max out Max MP Increase. Also, the extra INT you get in the first 20 levels will provide more MP. And, upon rereading, what spells help? I'm gonna guess teleport, and you like dodge all the mobs, but tell us. Oh, and if you're following your stat build you won't get top range armours unless you use luck scrolled capes and shoes or something.

Edited by iGravy, 27 September 2008 - 01:05 PM.

#11 Maplekidd

Maplekidd

The survivor

• Official Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE(iGravy @ Sep 27 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just think they're pretentious. And no, you haven't explained, why do you add all the INT? Howcome you're never hit? Do all mobs miss you or something? It's like Geography, pretend we're dumb, stupid animals and spell everything out for us.

Edit; Oh look, you did change it. Lol. A bit better.

Editedit; Half of normal magicians MP

I think that statement is false. Surely if you're maxxing all passive skills, you'll max out Max MP Increase. Also, the extra INT you get in the first 20 levels will provide more MP. And, upon rereading, what spells help? I'm gonna guess teleport, and you like dodge all the mobs, but tell us. Oh, and if you're following your stat build you won't get top range armours unless you use luck scrolled capes and shoes or something.

Guess your right... but I don't know how much MP a normal magician has...

Anyway... I'll change it to int to level 15, Luk for 15+

Edited by Maplekidd, 28 September 2008 - 02:48 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Bellatrixa

Bellatrixa

B> Mistletoe

• Official Member
  • 1085 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

Note - Magic Armour isn't passive. You have to actually use and refresh it. If you're going Cleric, it's worthless as you already have Invincible and Bless, then Elemental Resistance at Priest. What exactly are you going to give up from your first job build to allow you to take Magic Armour? MP Increase/MP Recovery? Because otherwise you're going to be using Lv 1 Energy Bolt for a looooong time. Magic Armour isn't affected by the amount of MP you have. Magic GUARD, yes. In truth, Clerics don't generally use Magic Guard in training as they spam heal... Have you any evidence of this method you suggest being at all effective and a viable build?

We're all aware this is a work in progress, which is why we're offering constructive criticism and suggesting how to improve rather than just saying "this is crap".
Bellatrixa - 11x Sniper
iHaveBewbs - 2x Rogue
Asphyxiata - 2x Pierat

Ohai~ I quit eMS. Stepped into my Destiny instead ;D Less drama, less judgement, less gulliability.

QUOTE(dragonzrkool)

#13 Perygl

Perygl

Sleeper

• Official Member
  • 784 posts
  • IGN:Drychiolaeth ~[eMS]

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

Level 15+
+ 5 Luck every level, the high amount of Luck allows you to wear the best of magician's armor and raises dodging abilities.

Uhm... armour is dependent on level as well as other stats. Why do you need all that Luck? mush1c.gif

#14 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:00 PM

Level 15+
+ 5 Luck every level, the high amount of Luck allows you to wear the best of magician's armor and raises dodging abilities.

Luk barely increases dodging abilites for mages.

#15 Bellatrixa

Bellatrixa

B> Mistletoe

• Official Member
  • 1085 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:47 PM

All Luk is good for (for mages) is reducing the exp loss of death. You only NEED it to wear mage equips. And of course, going Lukless is more powerful, therefore cheaper in the long run. My Lukless Priest dodged pretty much as often as my Luk I/L. There really isn't enough of a difference to justify going Luk.
Bellatrixa - 11x Sniper
iHaveBewbs - 2x Rogue
Asphyxiata - 2x Pierat

QUOTE(dragonzrkool)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users