-Methods
-Good Mesar dropping monsters
-Etc Items
-Equips

------------------------------
Saving
Storage
Well, the storage can be accessed with certain NPCS. I'll tell you them.
All towns in Vicky - Mr. Something
Orbis - Trina
Ludibrium - Seppy
El Nath - Mohammed
Aquarium - No storage
Ariant - (No Idea)
Leafre - Kusco
Mu Lung - (No Idea)
Korean Folk Town - No Storage

Well, the storage can hold up to 2 147 483 647 mesarz. mush1a.gif

-Tips
Be sure to save at least half of your profit EVERY day you go meso hunting. You can save more than enough mesos this way. For example, I earn 400k, every day. I save 200k for 1 month. That becomes OVER 6 MIL. 6 mil, and 200k. Remember, profit = Mesos earned - Pot Money.

Remember, don't spend any mesos from the storage until you ABSOLUTELY need to.

When you want to spend the stored mesos on things that are of use, like a 2atk clean Adventurer Cape, be sure you still have over half of your mesos left. You don't want to become poor again, do you? Save at least half for emergencies.

Drops are good. If it can be sold in stores, NPC it unless it's a claw. If it's over 40, you can get a few hundred K by selling it to other people. If the item name is grey, just NPC it, it's below average.

-----------------------------
Spending
-----------------------------
Going around the FM when you see that 10 atk Work Glove, and tempted to buy it? Here are some tips that might help you reduce costs.

-Equips
Only buy equips if you absolutely need them. A Red Whip is good for travel, saving time is essential for money saving and making. So are speed pills/pots.

Its preferably to go searching for equips that you need one level ahead, however, getting things ahead of time provides inspiration. That saves time. Say you're a Lv64 Assassin, and you're searching for a Scarab. Grab a piece of paper, and write down the stats of each one you find. Add them all together, and search for the highest one again.

-Pots
Remember you can get regular pots in Ludibrium for a cheaper price. Also, remember mana pots are cheaper in Ellinia.

The stat pills/pots are a good investment, except accuracy unless for Warriors. Avoidability makes the monsters miss you more, so you don't have to use more pots. Strength/Magic lets you kill the monster quicker. Speed gets you to places faster. Accuracy for Warriors lets them hit more and stronger. Remember it's an INVESTMENT. However, when training on Horny and Zombie Mushies, they drop those pots.

Don't buy more pots than necessary. Also have a few pots on backup. I usually stock with 100 Orange Pots, 100 Blue Pots, and 50 Mana Elixirs for my Magician.

-Other
Stars should only be bought if you are rich.

If you are buying etc. items, get them for the cheap. There are some etc. vendors in the FM, as well as going to the map of the monster with the etc. item, ch1, and spamming B>Whatever.

Scrolls are a definite no-no until you hit over 1mil.
Earning
There are a few methods of earning mesarz. I'll list the most common ones.
-Large Meso Drop Monsters
-Equips
-Merchanting

I'll work on this later.

Edited by ScottyZero, 18 September 2008 - 02:21 PM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 DanyBob

DanyBob

Dany

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3276 posts
  • IGN:DotComDude

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

I don't agree with with everything in your guide.

When you want to spend the stored mesos on things that are of use, like a 4 atk clean Adventurer Cape, be sure you still have over half of your mesos left. You don't want to become poor again, do you? Save at least half for emergencies.

Clean 4 att pacs are quite a bit of money. Saving up 600 million for something that costs half isn't sensible, you don't need 300 million just for pots.

Only buy equips if you absolutely need them. A Red Whip is good for travel, saving time
is essential for money saving and making.

This really only applies to people below level 30, or if you only have enough to afford potions for a short amount of time. Other than that, you should upgrade as much as possible.

Always go searching for equips that you need one level ahead. That saves time. Sayyou're a Lv69 Assassin, and you're searching for a Scarab. Grab a piece of paper, and write down the stats of each one you find. Add them all together, and search for the highest one again.

If you've got the money, buy them asap. You never know when market prices could double, and you can use them for inspiration to level.

The stat pills/pots are a good investment, except accuracy. Avoidability makes the monsters miss you more, so you don't have to use more pots. Strength/Magic lets you kill the monster quicker. Speed gets you to places faster. Remember it's an INVESTMENT. However, when training on Horny and Zombie Mushies, they drop those pots.

Accuracy pills are an EXCELLENT investment for warriors. Warriors need accuracy to hit monsters, and 10 can do alot. Avoidability pills are worthless if you have good enough character control.

Don't buy more pots than necessary. Also have a few pots on backup. I usually stock with 100 Orange Pots, 100 Blue Pots, and 50 Mana Elixirs for my Magician.

I don't understand why it matters how much you buy. If you got the money, go crazy. It'll save you trips to the grocery store, and let you train for a longer period of time.

If you are buying etc. items, get them for the cheap. There are some etc. vendors in the FM.

etc items don't belong in the FM. Just go to the map of what monster drops them and ask people there.

Scrolls are a definite no-no until you have over 100mil.

It really depends on what you're scrolling. If you scroll one weapon with 60%'s, you shouldn't need over 50mil for the most expensive ones. (Until pirates come out, that is.)
hi

#3 Desi

Desi

The Common Sense Revolution.

• MD Members
  • 1443 posts
  • IGN:RelicBreaker

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

Don't criticize me until I'm done. As clearly stated, this is in WORKS IN PROGRESS, not Money Management. mush1j.gif

*This isn't a debate, you're not free to flame.*

Edited by ScottyZero, 07 September 2008 - 05:29 PM.

#4 Slyxdexic

Slyxdexic

MT's Resident Medic

• MD Members
  • 1182 posts
  • IGN:TheWoodenLeg

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(xDany @ Sep 7 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Always go searching for equips that you need one level ahead. That saves time. Sayyou're a Lv69 Assassin, and you're searching for a Scarab. Grab a piece of paper, and write down the stats of each one you find. Add them all together, and search for the highest one again.

If you've got the money, buy them asap. You never know when market prices could double, and you can use them for inspiration to level.

*nods in agreement*

That's how I view the Thorns and +5 Blue Seraphis I bought--inspiration.

Posted Image

I'm back and representin' Galicia.

(Lvl 44 Brawler) TheWoodenLeg
(Lvl 50 Cleric) Lv3Dispenser

THAT'S RIGHT I MADE TWO CLERICS
WHY?
BECAUSE I'M CLINICALLY INSANE, THAT'S WHY!

#5 DanyBob

DanyBob

Dany

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3276 posts
  • IGN:DotComDude

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(ScottyZero @ Sep 7 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't criticize me until I'm done. As clearly stated, this is in WORKS IN PROGRESS, not Money Management. mush1j.gif

*This isn't a debate, you're not free to flame.*

I was neither criticizing you, nor flaming you. I was just saying some of the things in your guide could be either wrong or misleading.
hi

#6 Rai

Rai

Send a happy tune ♥

• Respected Member
  • 1680 posts
  • IGN:Highfly666

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with scrolling under 100m o_o.
Most people never hit 100m.
We can breathe in space, they just don't want us to escape.

#7 daddyJ4

daddyJ4

I Bleed with Jesus

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts
  • IGN:Bewolkt

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

I agree with Dany, it is constructive critisism, and it is unbecoming to deny it. All his points are valid, and so they should be edited in the guide.

oh, an don the pot matter.

Let's say you take 100 pots, they last you long enough to make 50k. You buy 100 more pots, and you make 50k again. Now, instead, you buy 500 pots, and you make 250k, the proportions are the same, so you didn't lose any money...

There is no point in not getting as many pots as you can.

#8 Desi

Desi

The Common Sense Revolution.

• MD Members
  • 1443 posts
  • IGN:RelicBreaker

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

This is about saving money, not how to spend it. Now you're forcing me to work more on spending. madmush42vx.gif

#9 daddyJ4

daddyJ4

I Bleed with Jesus

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

No, I am saying that you need to realize that pot wise, there is no difference between buying 500 and 100 if you have the money.

By no difference I mean of course once the pots are gone.

There are a few changes you could make, but I say that you should finish the guide, and then edit it, that way you'll be able to get a full diagnostic.

#10 Tiger

Tiger

Smack that.

• Respected Member
  • 2230 posts
  • IGN:Parrrrrley - On Zenith!!

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the bank only hold 2,147,***,*** ? (dunno what the max is.)

#11 daddyJ4

daddyJ4

I Bleed with Jesus

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

Hmm, looking back at this guide, I can see that it is more aimed at saving mesos, rather than getting stronger through them.

I promise not to post here until ti is updated further... -twiddles thumbs-

dot dot dot 8/8

Completed =D.

#12 Mireme

Mireme

Fire Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • IGN:mitzyfizz

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

Few things~

1) Certain drops can be used for the exchange quest and in return gain good things (I believe zombie teeth can give you a 60% INT scroll, needa check that xP) Not all of them ARE good so check.

2) The half for emergencies thing is good...at lower levels. Whilst it's good to have emergency cash incase it all goes wrong, half is a bit too much.

3)Greyed out doesn't necessarily equate to immediate NPC. You can sell it on the FM (jsut sold a below average china set today infact)

4)Certain stat pills aint worth IMO. Additional avoidance for instance never really helps and although I have no hard evidence to back this, I think you might start losing money if you do that. Warrior pots ARE on the other hand, worth while.

All in all decent start just needs a bit more depth.~

Edited by Mireme, 08 September 2008 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image
Broa: 7X Ranger~ on hiatus since 2008
Windia:Gonna-be-I/L Mage~something different for 2010
~RIP Ascendency~

#13 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(Mireme @ Sep 8 2008, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Few things~

1) Certain drops can be used for the exchange quest and in return gain good things (I believe zombie teeth can give you a 60% INT scroll, needa check that xP) Not all of them ARE good so check.

2) The half for emergencies thing is good...at lower levels. Whilst it's good to have emergency cash incase it all goes wrong, half is a bit too much.

3)Greyed out doesn't necessarily equate to immediate NPC. You can sell it on the FM (jsut sold a below average china set today infact)

4)Certain stat pills aint worth IMO. Additional avoidance for instance never really helps and although I have no hard evidence to back this, I think you might start losing money if you do that. Warrior pots ARE on the other hand, worth while.

All in all decent start just needs a bit more depth.~

EQ only gives 10% scrolls, and the 10% scroll you get from z teeth is Cape m def. EQ Hector tails since they give 10% overall dexes (not sure if they still do) and Ancient scrolls.

Edited by CaptObvious, 08 September 2008 - 05:41 PM.

#14 Mireme

Mireme

Fire Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • IGN:mitzyfizz

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:06 PM

Oh snap! I was so sure aswell...

Nevermind mush1a.gif

Posted Image
Broa: 7X Ranger~ on hiatus since 2008
Windia:Gonna-be-I/L Mage~something different for 2010
~RIP Ascendency~

#15 renz581

renz581

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • IGN:renz581

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:11 PM

omg thx!!

lol i like this guide better than all ive read so far.

idunno maybe cuz its not that long lol

but its really kewl
I are Flip =x Harru Ppl~ [hello po]
I are new at this webbie~
I are looking for friends~ --wink face-- [i are in Scania]

#16 Wareya

Wareya

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • IGN:Wizeya

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

The maximum positive value of a standard signed integer is 7FFF FFFF, which in Denary is 2,147,483,647... Which I would assume is the maximum # of mesos you could store.

#17 iAimForYou

iAimForYou

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • IGN:iAimForYou

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:18 PM

Nice guide:S

Edited by iAimForYou, 22 October 2008 - 10:19 PM.

#18 Haelionis

Haelionis

The Cathayan

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 7162 posts
  • IGN:Quit

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:59 AM

Um, how much mesos do you have ScottyZero?

Thanks to Faded

#19 FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey

The Self-Proclaimed Billy Mays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • IGN:AznBlooBlah

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

I think this is a very decent guide, it's very helpful and includes all the basics.
But, it could be better. I suggest you listen to everyone's criticism and change the guide to suit like they say.
Another thing you should do is compromise more. The prices aren't the same in all servers, and making money isn't as easy in all the servers.
Other than that, it's a good guide, and I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Edited by FlyingMonkey, 26 October 2008 - 09:36 AM.

#20 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts
  • IGN:Strombidae

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE(Haelionis @ Oct 26 2008, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um, how much mesos do you have ScottyZero?

I'm not sure why you asked this question. This is a guide simply for managing, not making, mesos.
Strombidae - 123 Windia Hero. 2-monster hitting Brandish is so hot.
SeasonabIe - 49 Windia Cleric. Unmotivated to level.

??????? - Night Walker in progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users