RimaTomboy

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • IGN:ChrisPirate

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

Version History:
0.1 First Version Including all I could think of. Lvl 1-30 Only. Going to be updated.

Contents:
1.0 Introduction
1.1 A little bit about me
1.2 Pro's and Con's
2.0 Starting your Character
2.1 Choosing what type of beginner
2.2 The Dice Roll
3.0 Life On Maple Island
3.1 Skill Builds
3.2 Training on Maple Island
* That's it For Now*

1.0 Introduction
I've noticed there aren't many Beginner guides on this website.. And I've Been Reading around looking for a good one. So I've read alot of good ones with a few things missing, now i'm gonna put it all together, and add a little bit of my own stuff. I hope you like it!

1.1 A little bit about me
I'm a normal Mapler that is bored of all the Jobs. So I made a Beginner. It's actaully Really Fun!! But for my first few beginners it was dull. Cause I looked at 1 guide and couldn't get Everything i needed. So this may be my last beginner ChrisForev because I finally think I know Everything I need to know! Well, Onto the guide

1.2 Pro's and Con's
Pros:
1. 90% discount for cab!
2. Can do higher damage than warrior!
3. Doesn't have to waste alot of money on armour.
4. Fame is easy! (in Higher Lvls)
5. You are UNIQUE.
6. Easy to level after lvl 30!
Cons:
1. Can get KSed alot
2. Low Weapon Def.
3. Hard to level in earlier stages.

A Pretty Simple Pros And Cons thing.

2.0 Starting your Character
So you've decided to be a beginner? Great! Make sure to have an Easy name for those who will trade,buddy request, and whisper you.
Eg: ChrisForev Simple Name
Bad Eg. XoXoAznnBoiiioXoX Pretty long and hard.

2.1 Choose what Type of Beginner
Before you accept with whatever stats you have you have to Choose what kind of beginner.
There aren't many choices but.. It's still pretty simple.

1. Maple Islander:
These Heroes stay on Maple Island and are pretty cool. For those who just started maplestory.. They think you're a God!
Starting Stats: Str: X Dex: X Int: 4/5 Luk: 4/5
When they Level they mostly do Str. Until they have about 10-15 Dex they do 4 Str And 1 Dex

2. HP Beginner
Heroes Seeking Adventure. They can travel but they have a low attack. Weakest of all
Starting Stats: Str: X Dex: X Int: 4/5 Luk: 4/5
When they level they put 3 AP into HP 2 Into Str and 1 into Dex.

3.Str Beginner
Full of Pride and Strenth! Based on Strength adding Little to no Dex. Strongest!
Starting Stats: Str: X Dex. 4/5 Int: 4/5 Luk: 4/5
When they level they put all in Strength. Or Every 2 Lvls 1 in Dex.

4. Dex Beginner
Accuracy and Avoidibility is what they master. 2nd Strongest Beginner
Starting Stats: Str: 6-8 Dex: X Int: 4/5 Luk: 4/5
When they level they put 4 Dex 1 Str

5. Def Beginner
A Balance of Str And Dex. . 3rd Strongest, but Toughest. Good if not Funded.
Starting Stats: Str. X Dex: X Int: 4/5 Luk: 4/5
When they Level they try to even out Str And Dex.

2.2 The Dice Roll!
Great!! You've Decided! Well the Starting Stats are there and Good Luck! It may take a while but it's the only way you'll be a great beginner!

3.0 Life On Maple Island
So you've done the Training and you're ready to go! You're Leveling Fast and doing quests..you're ready for your first challenge.

3.1 Skill Builds
You're like Wait a Minute!! Beginner's have Skill Builds Too? Yes they do!! mush1g.gif And it's up to you to decide which one to choose! But first you have to know the skills! And By the Way you only have 6 SP throughout your whole life. Choose Wisely

Three Snails: Throws a snail shell to inflict set damage with 100% accuracy

Hurls snail shells to attack monsters from long distance.

* Level 1: Green Snail Shell -1, MP -10; Damage 10
* Level 2: Blue Snail Shell -1, MP -15; Damage 25
* Level 3: Red Snail Shell -1, MP -20; Damage 40

Recovery: Uses MP to recover HP over a period of 30 seconds. Usable only once every minute.

Enables the user to recover HP constantly for 30 sec. Terms between skills : 1 min.

* Level 1: MP -10; Recover HP 24 in 30 sec.
* Level 2: MP -20; Recover HP 48 in 30 sec.
* Level 3: MP -30; Recover HP 72 in 30 sec.

Nimble Feet: Uses MP to provide a very short burst of speed. Usable only once every 2 minutes.

Enables the character to move around quickly for a short amount of time. Terms between skills : 2 min.

* Level 1: MP -10; speed +10 for 4 sec.
* Level 2: MP -15; speed +15 for 8 sec.
* Level 3: MP -20; speed +20 for 12 sec.

1. Safe Build
You don't want to die or take the risk.
Lvl 2: 1 Recovery
Lvl 3: 1 Three Snails
Lvl 4: 1 Recovery
Lvl 5: 1 Three Snails
Lvl 6: 1 Recovery
Lvl 7: 1 Three Snails

2. Killer!!!
You just need to kill!
Lvl 2: 1 Three Snails
Lvl 3: 1 Three Snails
Lvl 4: 1 Three Snails
Lvl 5: 1 Nimble Feet
Lvl 6: 1 Nimble Feet
Lvl 7: 1 Nimble Feet

3. My Personal Build
Three Snails is useless in the future when you do alot more damage and you'll be needing Nimble Feet alot in the future.. Recovery.. It's better than Three Snails.

Lvl 2: 1 Nimble Feet
Lvl 3: 1 Nimble Feet
Lvl 4: 1 Nimble Feet
Lvl 5: 1 Recovery
Lvl 6: 1 Recovery
Lvl 7: 1 Recovery

3.2 Traing Areas

I prefer you to first finish all quests.. which by then you'll be level 10. I suggest you stay until Lvl 20-25 on maple island so you'll be strong on Victoria Island.

Lvl 10+: Well.. It's pretty simple.. you kill Orange Mushrooms, Pigs, Slimes, and Maybe Stumps. It's the only things useful. Or maybe help alot of noobs with quests. Then you'll be ready to leave.

Pre-Pirate! So don't say i'm a newb. I'm a girl.. but here i'm a guy.. Zomg! But girl armour always sucks. =D

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Tiger

Tiger

Smack that.

• Respected Member
  • 2230 posts
  • IGN:Parrrrrley - On Zenith!!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

First of all, how are they easy to level after 30?

Second, they are NOT stronger than Warriors, even with a Maroon Mop.

#3 RimaTomboy

RimaTomboy

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(Atlas @ Aug 22 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, how are they easy to level after 30?

Second, they are NOT stronger than Warriors, even with a Maroon Mop.

1. Easy to level after 30.. They are now accepted in Parties And PQ's. And with enough Dex/Str They canbe easy. I have to Correct that into 1 of the types of beginners.
2. Str Beginners are Stronger than Warriors but that's because they have no Dex. So Str Beginner's Are Stronger but they may not be able to hit higher monsters like warriors. I'll correct that.. Thanks for pointing that out.

Pre-Pirate! So don't say i'm a newb. I'm a girl.. but here i'm a guy.. Zomg! But girl armour always sucks. =D

#4 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

Actually, beginners are pretty easy to train in the early stages. It's actually harder around the mid lv 30's. Although they CAN get into party quests, almost nobody invites them. LPQ is usually empty, and beginners can't do much in CPQ. After lv 51, there's LMPQ, but beginners have to go close up (Low HP+Low damage+Tauros=DEATH). +Beginners can be costly if you go dexless (You'd have to get a pretty decent dex suana and some decent dex shoes which can cost a lot).

#5 Tyrant

Tyrant

The True Koala

• Respected Member
  • 2088 posts
  • IGN:Eucalypti

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

Here is your pros and cons list:

Pros:
1. 90% discount for cab!
5. You are UNIQUE.

Cons:
1. Can get KSed alot
2. Low Weapon Def.

Let me take out what shouldn't belong there (with reasoning under each pro/con removed.

Pros:
1. 90% discount for cab!
A Dexless Warrior is stronger than a Dexless Beginner because the Warrior has skills.

Actual jobs don't have to waste money on armor, either. They just choose to.

No, it's not. Only a couple people may fame you for being a high level Beginner. Besides, fame means nearly nothing.

5. You are UNIQUE.
It's harder to level after 30 for this class than any other. Period. End of story.

Cons:
1. Can get KSed alot
2. Low Weapon Def.

Let's see what it looks like now:

Pros:
1. 90% discount for cab
2. You are unique.

Cons:
1. Can get KSed a lot
2. Low Weapon Def.
3. Hard to level in earlier stages

Now, I'm going to add some pros and cons/change some. The final pros and cons list:

Pros:
1. 90% discount for cab (though it doesn't make a difference at high levels)
2. You are unique

Cons:
1. Can get KSed a lot
2. Hard to level in earlier stages
3. No skills
4. Weak, unstable damage compared to other classes
5. No ranged attacks
6. Limited weapons and gear
7. Low Defense, meaning they'll take more damage
8. Low HP
9. Not often accepted into PQs
10. Severely lacking in higher levels compared to other classes
11. Slow, boring levelling
12. Repetitive training

There are probably more. I'll get back to some other stuff about the guide later if I have time.

#6 justicehero1

justicehero1

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • IGN:justicehero1

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

persoanlly i have a perma beginer lv 30 and its killer traing him i go plus 8 dex my lv rest into stremgth with a solid wg and eiether a dex or str bamboo hat and 10 dex bathrobe and my damge is 51-310 or higer depends on what weopopn im using

#7 RimaTomboy

RimaTomboy

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

Lol Wow. Well I think Maybe I should Quit this Guide Then.. And Do A Warrior Guide.. .... And Maybe make a warrior Instead. Well this is my first guide and maybe I should try an easier class like, Warrior.

#8 TZD

TZD

i hav 1338 sader noobs

• Official Member
  • 1367 posts
  • IGN:N

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

Do a beginner guide only if you actually have experience as a beginner, otherwise if you're shooting too far ahead you're not going to make much sense with the guide, and it won't be very helpful. It's basically how guides work.

Edited by TZD, 24 August 2008 - 04:03 PM.

#9 Tyrant

Tyrant

The True Koala

• Respected Member
  • 2088 posts
  • IGN:Eucalypti

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(RimaTomboy @ Aug 24 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol Wow. Well I think Maybe I should Quit this Guide Then.. And Do A Warrior Guide.. .... And Maybe make a warrior Instead. Well this is my first guide and maybe I should try an easier class like, Warrior.

Get more information on the subject and realize that Perma Beginners are exactly like Warriors without skills, defense, or damage. Your guide will be simple and short, but it's a Beginner, so you can't ask for something long. We don't exactly need a Beginner guide, but having one doesn't hurt.

Of course, there are things to be said with Snowboards and whatnot.

Edited by Tyrant, 24 August 2008 - 07:41 PM.

#10 RimaTomboy

RimaTomboy

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(TZD @ Aug 24 2008, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do a beginner guide only if you actually have experience as a beginner, otherwise if you're shooting too far ahead you're not going to make much sense with the guide, and it won't be very helpful. It's basically how guides work.

QUOTE(Tyrant @ Aug 24 2008, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(RimaTomboy @ Aug 24 2008, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get more information on the subject and realize that Perma Beginners are exactly like Warriors without skills, defense, or damage. Your guide will be simple and short, but it's a Beginner, so you can't ask for something long. We don't exactly need a Beginner guide, but having one doesn't hurt.

Of course, there are things to be said with Snowboards and whatnot.

I guess I should do that... so pretty much for now this guide is closed... But I think I should do something simpler then..But for now I won't do a guide until I think I'm good enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users