Photo

Shuck's Monster Carnival Maple Coin Guide!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 WHAM

WHAM

I DONT WANT UR FREEDOM

• Respected Member
  • 1982 posts
  • IGN:WhamWaffle

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:57 AM

EDIT: Aug 16: I don't play GMS anymore, so yeah :>

Alright here it goes. Monster Carnival is a party quest where you talk to an NPC named Spegielmann to get in. It is for levels 30 to 50, so this PQ bridges the lv 30 to 34 gap being nearly PQless (HPQ won't give good EXP at your level anyway).

Section 1: Your Priority List
Okay, here is your priority list from the most to least important. Note also the changes for statless character (like me), look at Section Two for the Statless version.

1st: Weapons for future/current levels
--> Need 7 coins for the lv 35 weapon, 10 coins for the lv 40 one, 20 coins for the lv 50 weapons.
--> If you are level 30, try getting a lv 35 (if you have a lv 35 Maple Weapon (like a Maple Claw), go for 40) or 40 weapon.
--> If you are level 35, get the lv 40 (no 45 weapons, only 43 Maple Weapons). If you have a lv 43 Maple Weapon, skip this.
--> If you are lv 40, make this 2nd priority and get the Necklace before the 50 weapon if you want.

2nd: Spegielmann Necklace
--> Need 50 coins, may take around 1 or 2 levels if you are 45+
--> If you are lv 49 to 50 and trying to get this and you have still very few coins for this (like 20), kill your self (in a training place, like Retz, in PQ you dont lose EXP but loose CP) at around 80% then do it again.
--> You might need to get your buddies to do cPQs with you because you might pass through jerks who are greedy.
--> Upgrades are available as Spegielman Marbles, like 60% scrolls that give +30 HP/MP to them, but they are 40 coins. Up to you on this, though I'd wait for the pendant scrolls to come out (if there ever will be).

3rd: Lv 50 Weapon
--> Need around 20 coins for this
--> Only go for this if you are lv 30 to 39. If you are above 40, skip this.

4th: Any random weapon
--> Need from 7 to 20 coins
--> Get a random weapon from Spegielmann and NPCing it. This will help you earn some money from cPQ. Highly advised to do weapons that are like lv 35 or 40, as you can get from about 100k to 200k profit from NPCing. 200k is enough for a magician to buy 100 Sorcerer Elixirs.
--> Or, if you have a merchanting store (NX item), sell it there. You'll earn a lot from it. Try getting the NPC prices from the Ludibrium weapon shop and lower it a bit (like say a weapon is 375k, make it around 360k or 350k). You might not have buyers, but just do it because you might get some, especially those with high demand (like Daggers or Swords).

Section 2: Priority List for Statless Characters
NOTE: This will do also for your regular-stat charas, especially if you are rich.

1st: Spegielmann Necklace!
--> Need 50 coins for this
--> You will really want this, but be careful as some may have some lacking stats (like +1 to all except STR or DEX for example). If it lacks stats for your esential character (like you have a pure INT mage, but it has no INT), then you might have to do it again or trade it for another (like +1 everything but LUK for +1 everything but STR)

2nd: Random Weapons
--> Look on Section one for this

Section 3: HOW TO GET THE COINS!
So, you think these coins are easy huh? NO! You may pass through jerks and it WILL be hard to get.
Best map is 3 and 4 (thanks XtraBlaze), with these:

1. Get a friend to do it with you
--> This would be the easiest to do, especially if you are on a server known for a crap community.

2. Share with your partner(s)
--> Maybe hard especially on crap servers, but it helps.

3. Coin Farm
-->Coin farming is when the 2 parties don't try and compete with each other and just kill monsters and using the CP to summon more monsters to increase chances of finding coins. (Perferablely weak monsters like Ratz)
---> Special thanks to mapler128 8D)

[NOT RECOMMENDED] 4. Coin-Jacking
--> You pretend to coin farm or share but you take everyone's coins. People will call you a(n) *insert insulting cuss word here* if you do this.

That's it for now mush1k.gif

Edited by McDonalds, 15 August 2008 - 06:18 PM.

Whamwaffle - 3X Dawn Warrior - INACTIVE

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 pigreaper

pigreaper

MC Public Urination

• Official Member
  • 849 posts
  • IGN:rolee2nd

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:09 AM

how do the coin farm thing work, i seen peeple spamming it when trying to find a party. ususally see "2v2 Coin Farm @@@@@@@@"

is it a "pact" with the other team to summon monsters only, with no {cancel wepon attack} type moves being used
***sper m*

#3 WHAM

WHAM

I DONT WANT UR FREEDOM

• Respected Member
  • 1982 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE(pigreaper @ Mar 27 2008, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how do the coin farm thing work, i seen peeple spamming it when trying to find a party. ususally see "2v2 Coin Farm @@@@@@@@"

I'm still also seeing how it really works too. Any carnival questions shouldnt be here, only coins.

#4 XtraBlaze

XtraBlaze

Veritas

• Official Member
  • 563 posts
  • IGN:xNecrolight

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:42 AM

You should write to do map 3 and 4 only since it gives the most coins. xD.
IM BACCK?!

#5 Eternal

Eternal

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Eternith

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

I think coin farming is when the 2 parties don't try and compete with each other and just kill monsters and using the CP to summon more monsters to increase chances of finding coins. (Perferablely weak monsters like Ratz)
<>

#6 ychamp

ychamp

Smile, tomorrow will be worse

• Official Member
  • 1482 posts
  • IGN:storeslayer

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

Coin farming is also referred to as a Coin Match which is where people only summon teddies to increase the chance of all participants to find more maple coins.

#7 ReLive

ReLive

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • IGN:Propellant

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

I think Stage 1 (or the stage where Robo and Brown Teddies spawn) also have a high coin spawn rate.

#8 Shade

Shade

P-p-p-pikaface p-p-pikaface

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6801 posts
  • IGN:­MindLove [gMS Zenith]

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

I thought that the harder the monster is to kill, the easier they drop Maple Coins, but that may not be true.

Also, don't forget to include the Marbles, which are basically 60% scrolls for the Necklaces. I believe they each add random stats; The only one I've had was a +30 hp/mp, but I'm not sure if they all add that.

Posted Image
[alexshade]

[Dr. Shadefacé]

[UNLV]

#9 iamflip

iamflip

Maple Road

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5365 posts
  • IGN:SageFIip / SageFlip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:34 PM

According to the patch data, there's only one 60% marble that adds HP and MP stats to the necklace. Nothing else.

#10 GH3TT0TH3IF

GH3TT0TH3IF

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:GH3TT0TH3IF

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(mapler128 @ Apr 1 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think coin farming is when the 2 parties don't try and compete with each other and just kill monsters and using the CP to summon more monsters to increase chances of finding coins. (Perferablely weak monsters like Ratz)

You're right , that is what coin farming means , I was asking pros yesterday night because I was curious , so yea that's coin farming mush1o.gif

#11 archdrag5

archdrag5

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:DeathhandX

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

coin farming? hmm
gotta try that out sometime, only have 4 coins.
Its nearly impossible to get a coin in regular cpq, cause everyone wants
cool people are overrrated.

Java makes the world go round. :P

South Koreans FTW!!!!
While Kirby Dances.
<(-_-<) <(-_-)> (>-_-)>

#12 Banditman773

Banditman773

I MADE IT TO LEVEL 70 + CB!

• Official Member
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:SinditGuy7

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

my cleric almost has a necklace, he has all his weapons ^^

#13 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(archdrag5 @ Apr 13 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coin farming? hmm
gotta try that out sometime, only have 4 coins.
Its nearly impossible to get a coin in regular cpq, cause everyone wants

I got 50 coins from 3-4 days of non-stop CPQing for 3 hours daily. Shouldn't be that hard.

#14 Juicy

Juicy

Yeti & Pepe

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1104 posts
  • IGN:SirPenguin

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:45 PM

Coin farming is most commonly done in stage 4. It involves summoning teddy's and no competition.

Good CPQ guide. Maybe it would be better if you actually played GMS =((((((

csx8z.jpg

#15 WHAM

WHAM

I DONT WANT UR FREEDOM

• Respected Member
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(Maj0rCrusad0r @ Apr 17 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coin farming is most commonly done in stage 4. It involves summoning teddy's and no competition.

Good CPQ guide. Maybe it would be better if you actually played GMS =((((((

I played GMS at 47 to 53 mush1k.gif

#16 Robates

Robates

Pwning Dit of GMS!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • IGN:Robates

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

So, do your maple coins carry over from 1 pq to the next? E.G. I get 7 MCs in my first CPQ. Then in my second i pick up 4: do i now have 11, or just the 4 I got in my latest one?

#17 itsztommy

itsztommy

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • IGN:VietxPr0z

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

Nice guide, but sometimes the people seem to stalk and horrass. One time they actually mass defamed me I losted 20 fame that day. :[

#18 ArrowFX

ArrowFX

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:ArrowDeathFX

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

not so helpful. i can buy a necklace for 500k and anyother weapon the cheaper then 200k

#19 Bubblysin

Bubblysin

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:BubbIysin

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(Robates @ Apr 24 2008, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, do your maple coins carry over from 1 pq to the next? E.G. I get 7 MCs in my first CPQ. Then in my second i pick up 4: do i now have 11, or just the 4 I got in my latest one?

Yes maple coins carry over from 1 pq to the next.

#20 Tiger

Tiger

Smack that.

• Respected Member
  • 2230 posts
  • IGN:Parrrrrley - On Zenith!!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

Nice guide, but take off Coin Jacking.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users