Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts
  • IGN:Strombidae

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

Bodom's Carnival PQ Guide!

Table of Contents:

1. Introduction
2. Party Requirements and Recommendations.
3. Leading
4. Once Inside....
5. EXP and Token Prizes
6. My Tips.
7. Credits

Updates:

March 20th, 2008 - Initial creation of guide. Wrote up to Leading.
April 6th, 2008 - After some slacking, I updated and basically finished.

Section 1 :: Introduction

The "Monster Carnival" or Carnival PQ as players commonly call it, is the newest release in MapleStory as of Version 0.52. The main idea behind this is to collect as much CP (Carnival Points) by defeating monsters on the map. The carnival points can be spent on summoning more monsters for your opponents to kill, skills to hurt the opposing team, or skill buffs on the monsters that are attacking your opponents.

The experience you get in this is the BEST EXP you can get in the level range. It will be as crowded as Ludibrum PQ is, but because of the release of it, Ludibrum PQ is a ghost town compared to this...

To win the Monster Carnival is simple. You must get the MOST carnival points totaled with your team in the time of ten minutes.

Section 2 :: Party Requirements and Recommendations.

There are very few requirements for the Monster Carnival. These are the requirements:

- You MUST be level 30 - 50.
- You must be in party containing at least two people (including yourself)

My recommendations are to not have anyone below Level 35 in a party, as the more common monsters (such as Rombot, Robos, and Toy Trojans) will be difficult for them to kill, resulting in you seeing LOSE more than WIN on your screen (because of the lack of CP they're getting.)

Classes that give support, such as Clerics (at a higher level or close-to-max Heal), Bandits / Assassins (providing Haste), Spearmen (for Hyper Body), Fighters (for Rage if they're going through a Party build) and any Wizard type (for Meditation if they are maxing it through their 40's.) are the most recommended classes to have. Lesser chosen classes such as Pages, who offer NOTHING in terms of party skills, are still good. In fact, I had a party with a Spearman, a Cleric, and a Bandit (then myself) and the only buff on my screen was Magic Guard. None of these classes (besides Clerics) have efficient levels in their skills.

Section 3 :: Leading

Leading is very simple in the Carnival. In the waiting area, you have to click on the NPC that starts it. A window will pop up showing current available rooms and rooms that are occupied by one party waiting for challengers. If your parties average level is around the waiting parties average level, you can get in and play against them. Otherwise, you can choose a free map and wait.

The leader will do nothing besides click you in. Unlike most party quests, the leader (inside the party quest, of course) is just like a recruited member. All the leader does is click you in, then if you receive a challenge, the leader can accept it or decline it. After that, the thing is an all out brawl. (lolcorny)

Section 4 :: Once Inside...

There are two scenarios of being inside. If your party clicked into a free map, you will be in there and the leader will receive invitations from parties for a total of three minutes. Once a party is accepted in, they will drop in, and the Monster Carnival will begin in ten seconds! If your leader wants to challenge another party, then they click the leaders name, and their party shows up, they click accept, then in your text box a message appears. In that time, the opposing party inside has to decide if they want to battle you or not. If they do, you'll be accepted, drop in, and the carnival begins in ten seconds! Once you kill, potions and other things drop. One thing in particular drops - The Maple Coin. These can be traded for various prizes!

HOLD IT!

One thing you need to know, there are SIX maps, but only three types. Two of each map type. Here are the maps and the number of people they can hold:

Room 1: 2~4 People
Room 2: 2~4 People

-----------------------

Room 3: 2~4 People
Room 4: 2~4 People

-----------------------

Room 5: 3~6 People
Room 6: 3~6 People

All of these maps resemble something in a sense. Here is an analysis of each map:

Rooms 1 and 2: Ludibrum "Terrace Hall" type of map. Pure flat map with ladders to climb to kill buffs if they appear. Easy monsters that appear, a King Block Golem (Big Blue Block Golem) and Brown Teddies as default. Best map for lower levels. They spawn at max, about eight monsters for YOU to kill.

Rooms 3 and 4: Ludibrum Pre-Clock Tower type of Map. Map is flat and has ladders leading to platforms where the Buff Towers appear. Teams are in the same map, but separated by walls. Good for intermediate players and ~Level 40 players.

Rooms 5 and 6: Ludibrum Toy Factory type of map, and the largest map. Recommended for 4v4 and higher parties. At the very bottom of the map, Rombots will spawn, they are separated per team, so you can't KS the other teams Rombot. However, on the platforms, there are Robos, and they are for everyone to kill.

Now then, as I was saying. Once inside, monsters will spawn eventually, and all you have to do is just kill. Monsters give specific CP based on who they are. Monsters also drop the Monster-Carnival-Specific-Potions. Inside the Monster Carnival, you can't use your potions (so you lose no money here, which is great.) and you need to rely on others. You MUST be able to function well as a team if you want to win. Communication is what you need. Do not be selfish and loot everything you get after killing a monster, as sometimes people in Party chat will be like "I need HP / MP." This is why you shouldn't loot your drops unless you actually NEED them.

You can also use your CP on summons in the Carnival. There are THREE tabs, titled Monster, Skill, and Protector (respectively.). Each of them has something specific. Monster, is self explanatory. It has monsters for you to summon. Here are the monsters you can summon and how much CP they cost:

Brown Teddy 7 CP

Bloctopus 7 CP

Ratz 8 CP

Chronos 8 CP

Toy Trojan 9 CP

Tick-Tock 9 CP

Robo 10 CP

King Block Golem 11 CP (NOTE: Nexon made a typo on this, they actually put "King Bloctopus" but it summons the King Block Golem.)

Master Chronos 12 CP

Rombot 30 CP (In some stages, Rombot summons are 22 CP instead of 30.)

Now for Skill. Skill is a bunch of Spell-like summons. Remember Jr.Boogies and the curses they laid on you? Well, this is just like it. The summons you can use and their effects are as follows:

Darkness (Party) 17 CP (Casts darkness [decreased accuracy] on opposing party)

Weakness (Party)19 CP (Casts weakness [inability to jump] on opposing party)

Curse (Party) 12 CP (Casts curse [decreased EXP] on opposing party)

Poison (Party) 19 CP (Casts poison [slowly losing HP] on opposing party)

Slow (Party) 16 CP (Casts slow [slows opposing party's speed.] on opposing party)

Seal (1 Person) 14 CP (Seals skills [inability to use skills] for 1 person on opposing party)

Stun (1 Person) 22 CP (Stuns [unable to move or use skills] 1 random person on opposing party)

Cancel Buff (1 Person) 18 CP (Cancels buffs on 1 random person on opposing party)

As you can see, some things here are pretty useless in most scenarios. Specifically Curse, Slow and Cancel Buff. (I haven't seen that have any positive effects yet, can someone confirm?)

Lastly, Protector. This is a really good tab. Again, here are the buffs and what they do:

Power UP 17 CP (Powers up the monsters attack on your opponents side)

Guard UP 16 CP (Powers up the monsters defense on your opponents side)

Magic UP 17 CP (Powers up the monsters magic on your opponents side)

Shield UP 16 CP (Powers up the monsters shield defense on your opponents side)

Accuracy UP 13 CP (Powers up the monsters accuracy on your opponents side)

Avoid UP 16 CP (Powers up the monsters avoid on your opponents side)

Speed UP 12 CP (Powers up the monsters speed on your opponents side)

Cancel Weapon Attack 35 CP (Reduces physical damage done to your opponents monster to 1)

Cancel Magic Attack 35 CP (Reduses Magic damage done to your opponents monster to 1)

Nice eh? This is a very evil tab in combination with some things in the "Skill" tab. A very nice note I want to add, Power UP, Guard UP, Magic UP, Shield UP, Accuracy UP, Avoid UP, and Speed UP all have their effects added by 50.

Now that you understand everything, you probably want to know how you win. This is simple. On your screen, you will see something I highlighted in my following screenshot:

The left number is the current total of CP you have available for use. The right is ALL the CP you HAVE GAINED. The number on the right is the only number that matters. The team that has the highest total of CP wins!

Section 5 :: EXP and Token Prizes

The EXP table here is as follows:

If you win

A: 30,000 EXP (Must have 500 CP more than opposing team.)
B: 25,500 exp
C: 15,000 exp
madmush42vx.gif 7,500 exp

If you lose
A: 10,000 exp
B: 8,500 exp
C: 7,000 exp
madmush42vx.gif 1,000 exp

A very simple table. Once you finish and you win or lose, you'll be transported to the Exit map. Talk to Spiegelmann and he'll give you the rank your party got, the rank determines your EXP gained.

Now, for Token Prizes!

Common Prizes.

Spiegelmann Necklace (50 Coins, most valuable prize, gives +1 to all stats on default, 26 to 28 in both defenses, and is tradeable. The prices are dropping fast, but when they were released, they worth worth a fortune.)

Spieglemann Marble (40 coins, gives +30 HP and MP to your necklace at a 60% rate. Not tradeable.)

Prizes for Warriors.

Cutlus (7 coins)
Lionheart (7 coins)
Heavy Hammer (7 coins)
Sledghammer (7 coins)
Nakamaki (7 coins)
Axe Pole Arm (7 coins)
Dankke (7 coins)
Niam (7 coins)
Zeco (10 coins)
Jacker (10 coins)
Titan (10 coins)
Traus (10 coins)
Zard (10 coins)
Crescent Polearm (10 coins)
The Nine Dragons (20 coins
Serphent's Tongue (20 coins)
Knuckle Mace (20 coins)
Golden Mole (20 coins)
Jeweled Katar (20 coins)
Lion's Fang (20 coins)
Blue Counter (10 coins)
Sabretooth (10 coins
Buck (20 coins)
The Rising (20 Coins)

Prizes for Archers.

Red Viper (7 coins)
Heckler (7 coins)
Vaulter 2000 (10 coins)
Silver Crow (10 coins)
Olympus (20 coins)
Rower (20 coins)

Prizes for Magicians.

Wizard Wand (7 coins)
Petal Staff (7 coins)
Crystal Wand (10 coins)
Hall Staff (10 coins)
Arc Staff (20 coins)
Cromi (20 coins)

Prizes for Thieves.

Dark Guardian (7 coins)
Gephart (7 coins)
Dark Avarice (10 coins)
Dragon Toenail (10 coins)
Bazlud (10 coins)
Sai (20 coins)
Shinkita (20 coins)
Dark Slain (20 coins)

Section 6 :: My Tips.

1. When somebody summons a "Protector" skill, and you are affected by it, YOU GO HIT THE TOWER.

For example, I'm on my Wizard, and doing 2v2 with you (Say.. a Spearman.). They summon "Cancel Magic Attack." Now I'm stuck hitting 1's all the time, while you are hitting normal damage. DO NOT GO UP AND HIT THE TOWER. I SHOULD DO THAT, I'M AFFECTED. This way, you can still get points and not waste good time.

2. Don't loot if it isn't necessary.

I find this obvious. If you're any class besides a warrior, you have slightly lower HP so you would need the HP potions inside. You're a bandit at full health, and you are killing a mob of Toy Trojans. They drop loads of White Potions and Mana Elixirs but there are other Mana Elixirs to the right. Don't loot the White Potions! You're wasting potions and you may get your party members killed this way.

3. Make communication with your team.

Analyze the other team. What would hurt them? Two warriors and a wizard, what's the best to use the CP on? How about avoidability UP? Then they can't hit. Communicate with your team to make efficient results when making decisions.

4. Be a good sport.

It's common courtesy to say "GG" (Good game.) at the end (or GL - Good luck, or GLHF, Good luck have fun) at the start. If you're gonna be a sore loser and just go off on everyone, don't play. I've defamed numerous people for being horrible sports.

Section 7 :: Credits

Hidden-Street: Where I got the Monster pictures from.
Wizet / Nexon: Making the game.
iamflip of MapleTip: Helping me with some part of the EXP Chart.
DargeM of BasilMarket: Whom I got the prize list from.
You: For reading.

Edited by Bodom, 06 April 2008 - 11:36 AM.

Strombidae - 123 Windia Hero. 2-monster hitting Brandish is so hot.
SeasonabIe - 49 Windia Cleric. Unmotivated to level.

??????? - Night Walker in progress.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 aznmalaysian

aznmalaysian

Jr. Balrog

• Official Member
  • 1207 posts
  • IGN:aznNaruto01

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

Bodom you could at least talk about the bowman class and how useful they are in the pq. mushdevil2.gif

Much thanks to an anonymous person (Faded) for creating the sig. ^^

Need help making meso? Check my merchant guide out!

Roti Boy Paradise City Please click XD
Click here!
And here!

#3 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(aznmalaysian @ Mar 20 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bodom you could at least talk about the bowman class and how useful they are in the pq. mushdevil2.gif

I will when I update it later.

I'm gonna go in-depth with every class. mush1k.gif

#4 Eternal

Eternal

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Eternith

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:17 PM

This guide helped me with what I needed to know the most. How to leader. Tys mush1a.gif
<>

#5 RamzaReborn

RamzaReborn

The original Blue Bomber

• MD Members
  • 1371 posts
  • IGN:Does not exist

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

Cool this will help a lot with me when i cPQ mush1a.gif
Posted Image
Courtesy of Acfan

Oh, just go to the time out pen

#6 XtraBlaze

XtraBlaze

Veritas

• Official Member
  • 563 posts
  • IGN:xNecrolight

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:30 PM

What about where the PQ is? XD. Uh... seeing as it isn't finished... I have nothing to say... O_O
IM BACCK?!

#7 Artiste

Artiste

Rawr.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 741 posts
  • IGN:Eroding/Shaded(kMS Culverin)

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

Nice, Hunter. ^^

I've found that a team of me and Wulfy(DEXless Sin and [Low-DEX, I think?] Fighter, respectively) REALLY, REALLY did well. We did a few of 2 vs 2 matches, and never lost. Once. He's high 4x(nearing 50 all too quickly. ;_;), and I was level 36 at the time(38 because of this uber PQ. <3). It's probably because we know how each other fights and work extremely well together. ^^ Me and you worked well together, as well, Hunter. DEXless and LUKless ftw, eh? ;D
2 How long, O LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, "Violence!" but you do not save? 3 Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. 4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted. (5 is the Lord replying to Habakkuk)5 "Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." Habakkuk 1:2-5

4 "See, he is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous will live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

Still gone.

#8 Liaux

Liaux

in the Underworld

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2493 posts
  • IGN:AHA.

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(XtraBlaze @ Mar 20 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about where the PQ is? XD. Uh... seeing as it isn't finished... I have nothing to say... O_O

Yeah, by the time you get finished, you should include where to go. I had to go to another guide to find out.

For your first draft, though, it's pretty good.

#9 skypie12

skypie12

My hunter is my life!

• Official Member
  • 571 posts
  • IGN:chamsrock

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

Nice job so far... you beat me too it mush1d.gif
Coldplay is epic win! Anyone else agree?

#10 WHAM

WHAM

I DONT WANT UR FREEDOM

• Respected Member
  • 1982 posts
  • IGN:WhamWaffle

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:50 AM

Put there that I/L Mage's Cold Beam is mostly useless because of the Robos being resistant to Ice and the Lightning Build is the best to go.
Posted Image
Whamwaffle - 3X Dawn Warrior - INACTIVE

#11 Banditman773

Banditman773

I MADE IT TO LEVEL 70 + CB!

• Official Member
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:SinditGuy7

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE(Bodom @ Mar 20 2008, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ludibrum PQ is a ghost town compared to this...

lol, which if you cant get in, is better exp cause there is at least 1 empty channel mush1z.gif

#12 icenotes

icenotes

Lightning Mod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • IGN:Icenotes

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

@ Banditman, do you mean for ludi or for carnival?
Scania:
Level 49 Ice/Lightning Mage (semi-retired and he has carries all my nx stuff >.<) Icenotes
Level 15 Warrior (mule/semi-retired) Warnotes
Level 15 Bowman (semi-retired) Bownotes

Kradia:
Level 20 Rogue (Pretty active, playing with a friend of mine) Rognotes
I wish my Scania characters could transfer here >.<

#13 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(Shuck @ Mar 22 2008, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put there that I/L Mage's Cold Beam is mostly useless because of the Robos being resistant to Ice and the Lightning Build is the best to go.

Yeah, that's been annoying me. >_>

I'll get some screenshots and then update.

#14 MariaColette

MariaColette

Bowmaster at heart.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5436 posts
  • IGN:MariettaRC (RIP MariaColette)

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:31 PM

Here's some good advice... when in Map 3/4, DON'T BE IN A MELEE-ONLY PARTY. Some parties who are smart screw you over by spamming Weapon Def Ups and Rombots. ._.

Also, Weapon Def Up is better than Avoid Up if the opposing party has a Thief or Archer.

Click the image to see my deviantART!
Artifact Hunt: 2nd place winner, March 7th, 2010.
Main character: MariettaRC - Level 157 Bowmaster.
Main secondary character: Paratroopea - Level 124 Corsair.
Main tertiary characters: DrMarioPhD - Level 140 Bishop / Sujinpuffy - Level 110 I/L Mage
... and a billion other alts...
Proud Co-Master of KoopaForce.

#15 aznmalaysian

aznmalaysian

Jr. Balrog

• Official Member
  • 1207 posts
  • IGN:aznNaruto01

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

K got it Maria XD I'll do that next time.

Much thanks to an anonymous person (Faded) for creating the sig. ^^

Need help making meso? Check my merchant guide out!

Roti Boy Paradise City Please click XD
Click here!
And here!

#16 Shade

Shade

P-p-p-pikaface p-p-pikaface

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6801 posts
  • IGN:­MindLove [gMS Zenith]

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(MąriaCĝlette @ Mar 22 2008, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's some good advice... when in Map 3/4, DON'T BE IN A MELEE-ONLY PARTY. Some parties who are smart screw you over by spamming Weapon Def Ups and Rombots. ._.

Also, Weapon Def Up is better than Avoid Up if the opposing party has a Thief or Archer.

A Weapon/Magic-only party is horrible either way; I was in an F/P-I/L-Cleric party, and they made us almost useless when they spammed Magic Cancels...I had to poision monsters and wait for the buffs to die. mush1l.gif

Posted Image
[alexshade]

[Dr. Shadefacé]

[UNLV]

#17 1338Joe

1338Joe

In memory of MTDScania's Vlad. We miss you! <3

• Respected Member
  • 1908 posts
  • IGN:myAvGJoe

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:09 PM

@Shade: Umm, you know that you can hit those plant spear like things to make the buffs go away.
I miss old sMTD.

#18 WHAM

WHAM

I DONT WANT UR FREEDOM

• Respected Member
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

Also, if you're like 45+, summoning monsters will be quite a waste of CP because they might have experienced it already (like Rombots), and Skills and Protection is better.
Posted Image

#19 Dark Link

Dark Link

You're So Zetta Slow!

• Official Member
  • 1343 posts
  • IGN:Fail

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:56 AM

Sweet! This guide will help me when I decide to do the MCPQ with my LUKless Cleric lol, I've been too "cautious" to try and do the PQ for the time being lol
My Response to MapleTip's Craptastic Community...
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

#20 WHAM

WHAM

I DONT WANT UR FREEDOM

• Respected Member
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:49 PM

Put also, to use coins in priority. First you get spegielmann necklace then get your weapon of choice (or other way around) then start using your coins to get random items and NPCing them for extra profit.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users