Sync

Slightly used.

• Official Member
  • 943 posts
  • IGN:who knows

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

Circus PQ Guide

Intro

Circus PQ is a PQ with a difference. It is more like PvP or RTS than anything else in maplestory. You dont use pots, you pick them up and they are instantly used. There are big pots which affect the whole PT, and small, normal ones just for you. It is a mix of tactics and brute force, which blends excellently if you have a brain.

Making a PT

To start off with, decide how many people you want to PQ with. minimum of 2, maximum of 6. The best number is 3 or 4, with 2 Warriors/Melee attackers, 1 Sin/Archer and a wizard/cleric.

After, you will see lots of people shouting '4v4募集' The 4 stands for how many people, and the 募集 means they are looking for it. So they are looking for a 4 against 4 circus PQ. So, if you happen to have 4 people, engage in conversation and arrange a ch.. (In GMS, people use J> PQ and then state the type of PQ (4vs4, etc).)

Choosing a Map

There are a total of 6 maps, each with different characteristics. Map 1 is a flat map, with small ledges where the Pillars (more about this later) go. Map 2 is the same, Map 3 is the same as map 4, map 4 is a good one, but is more about raw power than tactics. It has monsters spawn on the bottom, and it has lots of platforms where Pillars can construct. Map 5 and Map 6 are the same as each other. They are big maps with lots of monsters, and are good for 4-6 PT's.

User Interface

Now you will see your screen

It pretty much explains itself.

Tactics

Unlike most PQ's in maple, where you want the highest levels, me (level 40 Fighter), inny(level 47 xbow) and chris(level 44(?) i/l mage) happily fended off PT's with one or 2 levle 50's simply by working together. An all english PT helps too much to describe.

This is the closest maple will come to RTS, imo.

So....tactics.

In most games i have seen and played in, the most common way to win successfully, and recommended by Chris, is to start the game and power through, ranking up as much CP as possible in the first 30 or so seconds. After this, or as soon as you have 16 CP, click the 3rd tab and activate the Monster Effect which looks like Avoidability in your status window. This will construct a Pillar in the opponents half, or in maps 1-4, on any of the platforms. This Pillar, as long as it stays standing, will make every monster the opponent can only attack, have really high avoidability. In other words, only Archers will be able to hit them or screwed up high dex people. After you have done this, start rapidly spawning monsters from the 1st tab. This just makes it chaotic for the other team.

While this is happening, the best way to ultimately confuse the enemy team is to spawn lots of (semi)useless Pillars. This makes it hard for them to target the specific one, and leads to more time for you to kill while they arent.

The 2nd tab is pretty useless, it affects one person on the other team, and all of them can instantly be worn off with a all-heal which are incredibly common in there.

Once you have started making serious CP, try saving up 35 Points. This allows you to use the Monster Effect that makes them like Goby houses or Bone fish. Invulnerable to Physical or magical attacks. It is useful scouting out the big hitters in your opponents PT, so you can pinpoint which to go for, physical or magical.

If you manage to work together as a team efficiently, you can end up not letting the opponent not have a Invulnerable or Avoid effect on their monsters the entire round. Its embarassing when you lag behind by 100-200 points.

Bountact (see wut i did thar)

Depending on the party size (i'll use 4 for an example), you want to split the CP usage between everyone; for what i usually do, 2 people try to max summoning master chrono's, 1 casts debuff's on the whole party(i'll explain why later), and last you'd want one person to construct buff towers (3rd tab).

So, some of you might notice that, all monsters mainly spawn on the ground or bottom, and the towers get constructed on the top somewhere. first part of the plan, you want to get the 2 people to summon master chrono's ASAP. 2nd, you'll need to co-ordinate with your tower constructer and debuff'er; tower constructer builds a avoid and speed tower really quick, then right after that you'd want the debuff'er to cast weakness (the debuff where you can't jump), this will make the other team not be able to hit anything or jump out of danger, If you don't kill anything then no pots will come out, therefore everyone will die. They might have cure-all's on the other side but, that's why you get your debuffer to spam the spell every few seconds. Also if any theives try to do dark sight, the chrono's will attack them, so GG, basically a perfect killer strat.

How to stop Effects

To stop monster effects, simply go and atttack the pillars until they fall down. There is no way of knowing which controls which effect, so go for one as soon as it appears.

Winning

To win, you have to have more Total Points Gained than the other team by the end of 10 minutes. In those 10 minutes, i have gained anywhere from 3% to 8-9%, and i havent even had the winning bonus yet. With a good pt i have gained almost 20% a PQ. Thats 20% every 10 minutes.

Good Luck.

Note that this is not my guide, and that I took it from AiJMS forums. This guide was written by azzybish. Of course, this guide is for the Japanese version of MS, but probably works just as well for GMS. mush1a.gif

Edited by Sync, 23 March 2008 - 02:32 PM.

TheLolSniper - 70 Sniper - GMS Windia
TheLolWalker - 45 I think horrible Edward Cullen clone - GMS Windia

Tilevan - 32 Ironybot - GMS Windia
LolDragons - 2x Eragon - KMS Culverin

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 skate4lyph

skate4lyph
  • IGN:xDrums

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

Even though you did just copy and paste, you beat me to it. =(

BTW I'm doing this PQ right now on my Level 49 Cleric. Since I get Rank A almost all the time, I get about 35% an hour. And probably the biggest positive for me, is that it is actually FUN. Once I'm too high leveled for it, I will probably make a sin to do it again. ;D

Anyways, nice guide. =)
xDrums - 5x Lukless Ice/Lightning Wizard (Bellocan)

Gamertag: skate4lyph <- Add me!

#3 icenotes

icenotes

Lightning Mod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • IGN:Icenotes

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

Here's a little bit of free info to add to this guide...

To get the rank C, your total party CP has to be 0-274
To get the rank B, your total party CP has to be 275-499 (i believe)
To get the rank A, your total party CP has to be 500+

I'm unsure of that, but i'm sure that people will look forward to this little tidbit of info =D

Anyways, good guide overall, =P and yes it works perfectly for GMS, however
you should edit the japanese words ;D
Scania:
Level 49 Ice/Lightning Mage (semi-retired and he has carries all my nx stuff >.<) Icenotes
Level 15 Warrior (mule/semi-retired) Warnotes
Level 15 Bowman (semi-retired) Bownotes

Kradia:
Level 20 Rogue (Pretty active, playing with a friend of mine) Rognotes
I wish my Scania characters could transfer here >.<

#4 skate4lyph

skate4lyph
  • IGN:xDrums

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE(icenotes @ Mar 20 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a little bit of free info to add to this guide...

To get the rank C, your total party CP has to be 0-274
To get the rank B, your total party CP has to be 275-499 (i believe)
To get the rank A, your total party CP has to be 500+

I'm unsure of that, but i'm sure that people will look forward to this little tidbit of info =D

Oh, dude, thanks for that. I thought that it was whoever killed the most would get Rank A, the other would get Rank B, Rank C, etc. Now I don't have to worry about other high levels stealing my kills in the PQ.

Also, what do those little red things that you have to hit do?
xDrums - 5x Lukless Ice/Lightning Wizard (Bellocan)

Gamertag: skate4lyph <- Add me!

#5 icenotes

icenotes

Lightning Mod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • IGN:Icenotes

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:11 PM

Those are Gem staffs, they act as the protectors (stat boosts to the monsters), as long as they stay up the monsters on the opponents side are stronger... so basically destroy the
other team's gems and try to protect your colored gems =D

Edited by icenotes, 21 March 2008 - 12:12 PM.

Scania:
Level 49 Ice/Lightning Mage (semi-retired and he has carries all my nx stuff >.<) Icenotes
Level 15 Warrior (mule/semi-retired) Warnotes
Level 15 Bowman (semi-retired) Bownotes

Kradia:
Level 20 Rogue (Pretty active, playing with a friend of mine) Rognotes
I wish my Scania characters could transfer here >.<

#6 pigreaper

pigreaper

MC Public Urination

• Official Member
  • 849 posts
  • IGN:rolee2nd

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:04 AM

one nooby question: is the color of the star or maple leaf in the "your point's" place on the ss the team that your on. i never know what pillar to attack, cause i have barely know what team i am on half of the time
***sper m*

#7 iamflip

iamflip

Maple Road

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 5365 posts
  • IGN:SageFIip / SageFlip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:11 AM

The team that you're on shows as the first thing below "Your Points" and on where your guild name usually resides. "Your Points" is only there to show how much CP you have collected in total and how much you have stored.

#8 Banditman773

Banditman773

I MADE IT TO LEVEL 70 + CB!

• Official Member
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:SinditGuy7

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

strategy: summon 1 rombot, then cancel weapon attack, then cancel magic attack

they stop scoring points for awhile mush1o.gif

#9 pigreaper

pigreaper

MC Public Urination

• Official Member
  • 849 posts
  • IGN:rolee2nd

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Banditman773 @ Mar 25 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

or die alot if they have no warriors on their team to kill em quick, i did that yesterday and all i heard was the sounds of the other team dying
***sper m*

#10 WHAM

WHAM

I DONT WANT UR FREEDOM

• Respected Member
  • 1982 posts
  • IGN:WhamWaffle

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(Banditman773 @ Mar 25 2008, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is better for beginner parties, like around lv 35 to 40, since Rombots can take a while to kill.\

Also, save points till the 5 min mark, then after 5 mins, unleash all the hell you can to the opposing team.
Posted Image
Whamwaffle - 3X Dawn Warrior - INACTIVE

#11 fkingshx

fkingshx

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • IGN:ShXxXmE

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:30 AM

lol if you wanna win in this pq.
Just make a team with 45+ lvl hahahaa..... and destroy the nooby teams....that's it....

私 心 ある 黒
アレックス

#12 taco

taco

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:23illi30

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

thanks for this post i wanted to know what this pq was all about and this is very helpful mushdevil1.gif

#13 CaptObvious

CaptObvious

XROS

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3893 posts
  • IGN:EXTREEEEMMEE

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(pigreaper @ Mar 25 2008, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one nooby question: is the color of the star or maple leaf in the "your point's" place on the ss the team that your on. i never know what pillar to attack, cause i have barely know what team i am on half of the time

If you're on the blue team, hit the red one.
If you're on the red team, hit the blue one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users