42 replies to this topic

#21 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts
  • IGN:HolyOracle-Lv 90

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, there aren't conditions where one of axes or swords are more helpful than the other. The only true reason people use axes are because of price. The are inferior to the sword in speed, range, and damage per second.

Mask fish are excellent not only for experience, but because they drop lionheart and a few DEX scrolls. Also, fish on a stick is the best relatively inexpensive weapon in the 2X.

Posted Image

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#22 daddyJ4

daddyJ4

I Bleed with Jesus

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts
  • IGN:Bewolkt

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:25 PM

Whatever the Guru says is right. I guess that using an axe over a sword there is no real difference, just a preference.

So ya, Mask Fish for life.

#23 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts
  • IGN:Strombidae

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

Woot slacked off for a month.

I actually slacked this off on purpose, to wait until I made the Crusader job advancement. Now that I have completed that, I've done my research on Combo and such. I will include the math for that sometime.

For now, I'm going to focus on my errors and then get back on other things.

I also just caught Khaos' post about Hybrid. Guess I was thinking about Dragon Knight's as well. I'll eliminate that as well.
Strombidae - 123 Windia Hero. 2-monster hitting Brandish is so hot.
SeasonabIe - 49 Windia Cleric. Unmotivated to level.

??????? - Night Walker in progress.

#24 Preech

Preech

Tauromacis

• Official Member
  • 922 posts
  • IGN:Preech

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

wow...this is the first time I read your guide and I must say...that is amazing...you put in as much detail as you could to make sure people know what to do...very well done!!!
Priest since February 2nd, 2008
Former Jr. Master of MTD Windia
Quit Maple Story: March 4th, 2008
Currently playing: Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Plants vs Zombies, Killing Floor
Greatest Game I've Played: Planescape: Torment

Currently running: Windows 7 Professional and Ubuntu 9.10

#25 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts
  • IGN:Werfen

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:53 AM

I don't think it's necessary to list off all of the warrior equipment from 10-70. I would list the equipment that is useful/equipment that is used in the end.

#26 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

Made some changes. Fixed the first build mistake and added a "rage first" build. Fixed some errors. How is it looking?

#27 ShadowXDS

ShadowXDS

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • IGN:WhiteBoiix

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:47 PM

Well, Im currently making a warrior (Crusader to be) so Ive been studying on what I should be training on.

Ive got decent equips nothing great.But I do use warrior pills along with PS alot but my current max damage is just about 450 so, if your range with PS is somewhere between 250 to 400 a great training spot from bout 23-25 would easily be Yellow trixters at only 450 HP for 42 xp and has decent equip drops including Kfans and when the event starts up. Maple wagners. Thats just my opinion but doing some calculations it should only take about 830 Trixters to level at 23. With rising damage you should be 1-2HKOing them pretty often. <--Just one mans opinion.
95% of the population is concerned about fitting in. If your part of that 5% who dont care what other people think. Copy this into your signature.

(\_/)
(o.o)
c(")(") <-- This, is Tom, Tom is a psycho bunny copy and paste him in your sig before he kills us all!

#28 daddyJ4

daddyJ4

I Bleed with Jesus

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts
  • IGN:Bewolkt

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

Hunty, I'd have to say, that even going rage first it'd be smarter to get at least SOME mastery. The only reason for rage early is to be accepted into PQ's more. Though, even with max rage at level 36, no one is going to want a level 36 in their PQ. I think that max Rage at level 40 would make much more sense. That way you have like, 3 levels of Mastery, and then the rest Rage.

Trixters are hard to get too though. They are very much out of the way and repoting fast from them is fail. I think that if you don't mind the out-of the-way-ness then I suppose they are infact good EXP.

#29 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

I was thinking that. I'll probably change it to the other build but rage after 19 mastery... not too sure. I hate writing those builds, xD.

At the Trixsters part, I find them bad.

They give 42 EXP, a very slow spawn, maps with huge movements, maps that are annoying to get through, and they make you run all over the map to kill other ones before the others spawn. Plus, their general movement is annoying because if you miss, then you have to wait for it to go back up and then go back down.

Edited by Bodom, 20 February 2008 - 06:30 PM.

#30 skypie12

skypie12

My hunter is my life!

• Official Member
  • 571 posts
  • IGN:chamsrock

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:41 PM

Hmm, very nice. I don't see why this is in the in progress though. Anyway, i don't really see why you need beginner skills but it can help people who haven't played before i guess. But very nice job keep it up.
Coldplay is epic win! Anyone else agree?

#31 Banditman773

Banditman773

I MADE IT TO LEVEL 70 + CB!

• Official Member
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:SinditGuy7

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

great job dood mush1a.gif

5/5 guide!

Edited by Banditman773, 18 April 2008 - 06:26 PM.

#32 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

Major bump.

I'm going to continue to work on this guide throughout the week, hopefully finish the Crusader section by this week or two weeks from now.

I will need people to help me edit the Maple Island crap since it's gone, and provide little bits of suggestions for now though. =P

#33 RamzaReborn

RamzaReborn

The original Blue Bomber

• MD Members
  • 1371 posts
  • IGN:Does not exist

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

Major bump.

Hunt, idk if your still working on this, but i would love to help you flesh out some of the level 1-30 section if need be, or help out with the 30+ section if i can.

Don't quit this, i really like this and look forward to its completion.
Posted Image
Courtesy of Acfan

Oh, just go to the time out pen

#34 Bellatrixa

Bellatrixa

B> Mistletoe

• Official Member
  • 1085 posts
  • IGN:Bellatrixa/Hollis

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:15 AM

D'ya know, I'd not actually looked at this before (my brain tends to turn off when looking at guides unless it's something I'm looking for myself), but I'm going to be using this for my sadernib (when I finish EQing her to 25 and feel I can bring myself to play a low level warrior, as well as funding her low dexness). I'd like to compliment you on how good this guide looks so far and how indepth it is. I'm still trying to finish my I/L guide from the start of this year and I know how hard it is when you take on a massive in depth project to keep chugging, so here's some encouragement and support <3
Bellatrixa - 11x Sniper
iHaveBewbs - 2x Rogue
Asphyxiata - 2x Pierat

Ohai~ I quit eMS. Stepped into my Destiny instead ;D Less drama, less judgement, less gulliability.

Beginner Mage Guide How To Be An Awesomesauce I/L Mage
QUOTE(dragonzrkool)
I don't think nature wants me to have my hand :(

#35 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

Thanks Josh and Bella. o;

Since I have nothing better to do over break, so I think I'll work on this. I'll definitely finish the Fighter section, get a bit into Crusader, and post what I know about Hero.

Also, could a moderator please edit the title of this thread to 'Beginner to Hero Guide' instead?

#36 DrakoNemesis

DrakoNemesis

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:KnightLink

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:54 AM

This is a really good guide so far, there is alot more detail in this guide than most guides and the pictures make the journeys in MapleStory alot easier. Well done!

#37 bowner

bowner

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:xxbowner

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:59 AM

Buuuuump, Lookin' through sader guides and this one is pretty good! I was just wondering though if it's bad to cap DEX at 40 and be Sword+Shield rather then 2H-Sword. I mean what if you're funded. Yeah I'm just debating that fact. And if I were to cap DEX at 40 and I scrolled a Dark Battle Road, What should I scroll it with STR or DEX? Someone help me out I'm going crazy lol wacko2.gif E-mail me if you want I'll check back later. Cmon someone smart like blade oracle reply to this I enjoy your wisdom.

#38 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

It's fine, being 1H Sword has nothing to do with your DEX (unless you want to be Stonetooth but can't afford it because of the crazy high DEX). Scroll any of your warrior overalls with DEX, to answer your question.

#39 bowner

bowner

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:xxbowner

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

Oh yeah I know being 1H sword has nothing to do with DEX but I just wanted the pros/cons of being sword shield compared to 2H sword. Like why are there more 2H swords out there compared to 1h+shield, Is the damage difference that great?

#40 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts
  • IGN:kevinpyr

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(bowner @ Apr 10 2009, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah I know being 1H sword has nothing to do with DEX but I just wanted the pros/cons of being sword shield compared to 2H sword. Like why are there more 2H swords out there compared to 1h+shield, Is the damage difference that great?

Lots of things have changed. A good 1H + a good attack shield is actually better than 2H. In 3rd job, the range of a 2H sword is what you want from it, but in 4th job that advantage disappears for 2-handers so 1-handers win out with more damage + added defense as a bonus. Not to mention if you kill monsters in the same # of hits with a 2H compared to a 1H, the 1H is faster.

Short answer: 2H is good up until Hero, at that point save up and get both a good 1H sword and attack shield. Only con of 1H is that attack shields are expensive.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster
Aubergines - 11x White Knight
Characid - 9x Battle Mage

Page/White Knight/Paladin Guide - terribly out of date
Everest - Guild Boss Hunting Event - Winner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users