42 replies to this topic

#1 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts
  • IGN:Strombidae

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

NOTE: THIS IS A HUGE WORK IN PROGRESS. I WILL UPDATE THIS A LOT IN A NOTEPAD DOCUMENT AND THEN MAKE THE FINAL UPDATES PER SECTION HERE.

I started this document at precisely 10:42 PM on December 21st, 2007. I was extremely bored and decided I would make a guide about Fighters and Crusaders. This is probably full of errors and it needs a lot of updates, but I wanted to post this here first and get feedback on it to know if I should even go on with this, or if it's just wasting my time.

In-Depth Warrior to Crusader Guide

A Guide by Bodom (AKA Hunter).

Table of Contents
I: Introduction
II: Version History
III: Making the Character
IV: Maple Island
- IV.I: Introduction
- IV.II: Skills
- IV.III: AP and SP Distribution
- IV.IV: Training Areas
- IV.V: The Job Advancement and Starting off as a Warrior
V: Warrior - A Hero in the Making
- V.I: Skills
- V.II: Builds
- V.III: Training Areas
- V.IV: DEX
VI: Fighter - Hero in Training
- VI.I: Introduction to the Fighter
- VI.II: Skills and Builds
- VI.III: AP Distribution
- VI.IV: Training
- VI.V: The Job Advancement
VII: Crusader - Test of the Hero
VIII: Hero - Sneak Previews
IX: Training
X: Closing Words.
XI: Credits.

I: Introduction

I have been a huge fan of Crusaders ever since I started a Warrior back in 2006. I saw some videos on Youtube and was looking at the damage and died a little inside. I also was motivated to make a Dragon Knight, but Crusaders had seemed much cooler.

This guide was created to give people information on Fighters and Crusaders, my person favorite class in MapleStory.

I have failed to see many (If at all) guides on Fighters and/or Crusaders, and if I did I certainly wasn't impressed. I've read many, and I failed to see more than two decent guides.

This is my second guide to MapleStory, the first posted here, on MapleTip. The first guide was a guide to getting your character ready, and it didn't look too well.

II: Version History

- Version 0.1 [December 21st, 2007] : Started the Guide, writing up to Making the Character.
- Version 0.2 [December 22nd, 2007] : Wrote through Warrior section.
- Version 0.3 [December 23rd, 2007] : Began on Fighter section.
- Version 0.4 [December 23rd, 2007] : Wrote over some sections.
- Version 0.5 [December 24th, 2007] : Wrote over the Fighter section.
- Version 0.6 [December 26th, 2007] : Fixed the DEX section in the Warrior section.
- Version 0.7 [December 27th, 2007] : Fixed the Fighter section, again.
- Version 0.8 [February 19th, 2008] : Fixed a lot of errors.
- Version 0.9 [February 24th, 2008] : Fixed more errors.
- Version 1.0 [December 26th, 2008]: Updated the guide through the Fighter section to typical Global MapleStory at the moment.

III: Making the Character

When you enter the Create a Character screen, you will get to chose your clothing, and your gender. Obviously your name as well.

As you are going to be a Crusader, just like any other Warrior, try and get your rolling stats like so:

STR: X
DEX: X
INT: 4-5
LUK: 4-5

X / X / 4 / 4 in the respective order is the most preferable choice, though it will take you a while to get. That will maximize your damage output, though not as much in the later levels, if at all. [After all, I rolled X / X / 5 / 4 and I'm fine.]

IV: Maple Island

Section IV.1: Introduction

After you have created your Character, you are dropped in front of the new Beginner Area. Talk to the NPC and accept and you'll drop in. You'll just see some weird things about each job as you walk by the videos. Just keep going and talking to the NPC's as you pass by them. After you get into the room, do the quest "What Sen Wants to Eat" for your first 3 EXP. Then do the Leatty / Drum Bunny quest and continue to kill them in the area until you Level Up to about, say, 3. Each time you level up, you are awarded 5 AP [Ability Points]. Most Warriors do DEX = Their Level x 2 and the rest in STR all the way through until second job. You are also awarded 1 SP [Skill Points] as a Beginner. [Once you make the Job Advancement, you are awarded 3 SP per Level Up.]

You stop getting SP as a Beginner on Maple Island at Level 7 because Magicians make the Job Advancement at Level 8, so you do not need to waste SP.

After you leave that cool beginner area, you are now officially on Maple Island. You are dropped at Snail Hunting Ground I, where you will only see Snails. Go right for a little and find the NPC Sam and talk to him, he will give you a quest called Sam's Suggestion. All you have to do is kill ten (10) Snails and then talk to Mai [who is a few maps to the right.]. Train here until about Level 5 and then move forward.

When you're at the map called "A Split Road," talk to all the NPC's and start some quests. One NPC on the map is Mai, from earlier. Talk to her if you killed ten snails [which you obviously should have if you trained there until Level 5.] and select the Sam's Suggestion quest when speaking to her to complete it and receive the reward. Talk to her again and select her quest of Mai's Training. It tells you to kill a certain amount of Snails, Blue Snails, and Shrooms. [Shrooms are the small, walking Mushrooms.]

Anyway, complete the quests, since you can OHKO everything pretty early, you can do all the quests.

Section IV.2

Beginner Skills

Three Snails
Description: Allows you to throw shells from afar to do fixed damage.
Master Level: 3
Type: Active
Skill Levels:
1. Throws Snail Shell, MP -10; Damage 10
2. Throws Blue Snail Shell, MP -15; Damage 25
3. Throws Red Snail Shell, MP -20; Damage 40
Personal Opinion: Don't touch this. you can already OHKO pretty much everything besides Orange Mushrooms, and doing Fixed Damage as a future Warrior isn't exactly pretty.

Recovery
Description: Enables the user to recover HP constantly for 30 seconds.
Type: Supportive
Cooldown Time: Ten Minutes
Skill Levels:
1. MP -10; Recover 24 HP in 30 seconds.
2. MP -20; Recover 48 HP in 30 seconds.
3. MP -30; Recover 72 HP in 30 seconds.
Personal Opinion: Max this first. It'll help you before you do the "Pio and the Recycling Goods"
quest, where the reward is "The Relaxer," a chair in which every ten seconds you recover 50 HP. With this, you recover 72 HP in thirty seconds, so it'll help before you get The Relaxer.

Nimble Feet
Description: Enables the character to move around quickly for a very short amount of time.
Type: Supportive
Cooldown Time: Fifteen Minutes
Skill Levels:
1. MP -10; speed +10 for 4 seconds.
2. MP -15; speed +15 for 8 seconds.
3. MP -20; speed +20 for 12 seconds.
Personal Opinion: Max it last, this is a very useful skill that's basically a Beginner's Haste, minus jump ability. It helps you get around easier.

Section IV.3: AP and SP Distribution

AP Distribution:

Each Level Up, Put Points into DEX so that it's equal to your level multiplied by two. [AKA, at Level 6, you should have 12 DEX.] Put the rest in STR.

SP Distribution:
Level 2 -> 1 Recovery
Level 3 -> 1 Recovery [Current: 2]
Level 4 -> 1 Recovery [Current: 3, MAX]
Level 5 -> 1 Nimble Feet
Level 6 -> 1 Nimble Feet [Current: 2]
Level 7 -> 1 Nimble Feet [Current: 3, MAX]

Section IV.4: Training Areas

Maple Island Training Areas

Levels 1 - 3 -> Leatty and Drum Bunnies in the Beginner Area.
Levels 3 - 5 -> Snails at Snail Hunting Ground I.
Levels 5 - 6/7 -> Snails and Blue Snails at Snail Hunting Ground II.
Levels 6/7 - 10 -> Blue Snails, Red Snails, and Shrooms at A Forked Road.

Don't forget to do Quests!

Section IV.5: Onwards to Victoria! The Job Advancement and Starting off as a Warrior

After you have reached Level 10, head to Southperry from A Forked Road and go all the way to the right, by the ship. Pay the fee and head to Lith Harbor. Go right after getting off the ship and talk to Olaf and do his quest. Do another quest out of the four he gives you and pick "The Path of the Warrior."

Head to Perion and go all the way to the top and talk to Dances with Barlog. Don't tell him about the job advancement just yet. Select, "Quest in Progress" "The Path of the Warrior", you'll get an easy 300 EXP. Now make the Job Advancement. Congratulations! You are now a warrior!

V: Warrior - A Hero in the Making

A Warrior is the first step up in your long journey to achieve strength. Warriors are there until Level 30, where they make the Second Job Advancement, in this case it'd be a Fighter.

Section V.1: Skills

Improving HP Recovery
Description: With this, you'll recover even more HP every 10 seconds while standing still.
Master Level: 16.
Skill Levels:
1. Recover additional +3 HP
2. Recover additional +6 HP
3. Recover additional +9 HP
4. Recover additional +12 HP
5. Recover additional +15 HP
6. Recover additional +18 HP
7. Recover additional +21 HP
8. Recover additional +24 HP
9. Recover additional +27 HP
10. Recover additional +30 HP
11. Recover additional +33 HP
12. Recover additional +36 HP
13. Recover additional +39 HP
14. Recover additional +42 HP
15. Recover additional +45 HP
16. Recover additional +50 HP
Personal Opinion: Leave this at Level 5 as the Requirement for Improving Max HP Increase. You will be using the Relaxer if you need to recover during your early warrior days, then Potions from then on.

Improving Max HP Increase
Description: When having a Level Up, if AP is used on Max HP, it raises the level of increase for Max HP.
Pre-Requirements: Level 5
Master Level: 10.
Skill Levels:
1. After every level up, 4 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 3 additional HP will be added.
2. After every level up, 8 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 6 additional HP will be added.
3. After every level up, 12 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 9 additional HP will be added.
4. After every level up, 16 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 12 additional HP will be added.
5. After every level up, 20 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 15 additional HP will be added.
6. After every level up, 24 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 18 additional HP will be added.
7. After every level up, 28 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 21 additional HP will be added.
8. After every level up, 32 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 24 additional HP will be added.
9. After every level up, 36 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 27 additional HP will be added.
10. After every level up, 40 Max HP will be added; if AP is used, 30 additional HP will be added.
NOTE: Do not add AP into HP unless you are an HP Warrior.
Personal Opinion: Max it, you'll get the most HP possible.

Endure
Description: Even when hanging on the rope or ladder, you'll be able to recover some HP after a certain amount of time. The HP you gain is the same as the amount you normally gain standing.
Pre-Requirements: Level 3 Improving Max HP Increase.
Master Level: 8.
Skill Levels:
1. Recover HP every 31 seconds
2. Recover HP every 28 seconds
3. Recover HP every 25 seconds
4. Recover HP every 22 seconds
5. Recover HP every 19 seconds
6. Recover HP every 16 seconds
7. Recover HP every 13 seconds
8. Recover HP every 10 seconds
Personal Opinion: At the very end, you'll have some skill points leftover, so throw three points into it, it's helpful if you're AFK and hanging on a rope or something.

Iron Body
Description: Temporarily increases your weapon defense.
Master Level: 20
Pre-Requirements: Level 3 Endure.
Skill Levels:
1. MP -8; Weapon def. +2 for 75 seconds.
2. MP -8; Weapon def. +4 for 85 seconds.
3. MP -8; Weapon def. +6 for 95 seconds.
4. MP -8; Weapon def. +8 for 105 seconds.
5. MP -9; Weapon def. +10 for 120 seconds.
6. MP -9; Weapon def. +12 for 130 seconds.
7. MP -9; Weapon def. +14 for 140 seconds.
8. MP -10; Weapon def. +16 for 155 seconds.
9. MP -10; Weapon def. +18 for 165 seconds.
10. MP -10; Weapon def. +20 for 175 seconds.
11. MP -11; Weapon def. +22 for 190 seconds.
12. MP -11; Weapon def. +24 for 200 seconds.
13. MP -12; Weapon def. +26 for 215 seconds.
14. MP -12; Weapon def. +28 for 225 seconds.
15. MP -13; Weapon def. +30 for 240 seconds.
16. MP -13; Weapon def. +32 for 250 seconds.
17. MP -14; Weapon def. +34 for 265 seconds.
18. MP -14; Weapon def. +36 for 275 seconds.
19. MP -15; Weapon def. +38 for 290 seconds.
20. MP -15; Weapon def. +40 for 300 seconds.
Personal Opinion: This skill is good, although it'll only be a few levels, in the early levels of being a Fighter, this is GREAT for helping cancel out the Defense loss from Rage. Afterwards you're usually partying with a Cleric / Priest so they give you Bless so that goes over Iron Body.

Power Strike
Description: Use MP to deliver a killer blow to the monsters with your weapon.
Master Level: 20.
Skill Levels:
1. MP -4; Sword damage 114%
2. MP -4; Sword damage 120%
3. MP -4; Sword damage 126%
4. MP -4; Sword damage 132%
5. MP -5; Sword damage 142%
6. MP -5; Sword damage 148%
7. MP -5; Sword damage 154%
8. MP -6; Sword damage 164%
9. MP -6; Sword damage 170%
10. MP -7; Sword damage 180%
11. MP -7; Sword damage 186%
12. MP -8; Sword damage 196%
13. MP -8; Sword damage 202%
14. MP -9; Sword damage 212%
15. MP -9; Sword damage 218%
16. MP -10; Sword damage 228%
17. MP -10; Sword damage 234%
18. MP -11; Sword damage 244%
19. MP -11; Sword damage 250%
20. MP -12; Sword damage 260%
Personal Opinion: This skill is a must max. It does not matter what order you max it in, you can max this or Slash Blast first, but this is going to be your main attacking skill, even in third job, Panic and Coma are only finishers. This is the main attacking skill all the way until fourth job for a Fighter / Crusader / Hero. Heroes get Brandish, but that's explained in the proper section.

Slash Blast
Description: Use MP and HP to deliver a killer blow to monsters around you with your weapon.
Master Level: 20.
Pre-Requirements: Level 1 Power Strike.
Skill Levels:
1. MP -6; HP -8, damage 57%
2. MP -6; HP -8, damage 60%
3. MP -6; HP -8, damage 63%
4. MP -6; HP -8, damage 66%
5. MP -7; HP -9, damage 71%
6. MP -7; HP -9, damage 74%
7. MP -7; HP -9, damage 77%
8. MP -8; HP -10, damage 82%
9. MP -8; HP -10, damage 85%
10. MP -9; HP -11, damage 90%
11. MP -9; HP -11, damage 93%
12. MP -10; HP -12, damage 98%
13. MP -10; HP -12, damage 101%
14. MP -11; HP -13, damage 106%
15. MP -11; HP -13, damage 109%
16. MP -12; HP -14, damage 114%
17. MP -12; HP -14, damage 117%
18. MP -13; HP -15, damage 122%
19. MP -13; HP -15, damage 125%
20. MP -14; HP -16, damage 130%
Personal Opinion: A must max. In first job, you are the ONLY class to get a mobbing skill, this makes any Swordman an easy mobber. Although you will be doing weak damage, it balances out in first job, but in second job it is pretty hellish until you get Final Attack.
NOTE: Don't use this skill unless there are three (3) or more monsters in front of you. You can easily use Power Strike and finish the two off in front of you rather than wasting MP.

Section V.2 AP and SP Distribution

AP: As mentioned before, DEX = Level x2, rest into STR.

However, you can use the Accuracy Calculator I have provided a little later in the guide to help determine how much accuracy you need to hit monsters instead to keep your DEX as low as possible, in order to gain the maximum amount of damage.

There are two builds for the standard Warrior, The Power Strike build, and the Slash Blast build.

Power Strike Build.

Level 10 -> 1 Improving HP Recovery
Level 11 -> 3 Improving HP Recovery [Total: 4]
Level 12 -> 1 Improving HP Recovery [Total: 5], 2 Improving Max HP [Total: 2]
Level 13 -> 3 Improving Max HP [Total: 5]
Level 14 -> 3 Improving Max HP [Total: 8]
Level 15 -> 2 Improving Max HP [Total: 10, MAX], 1 Power Strike
Level 16 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 4]
Level 17 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 7]
Level 18 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 10]
Level 19 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 13]
Level 20 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 16]
Level 21 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 19]
Level 22 -> 1 Power Strike [Total: 20, MAX], 2 Slash Blast [Total: 2]
Level 23 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 5]
Level 24 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 8]
Level 25 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 11]
Level 26 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 14]
Level 27 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 17]
Level 28 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 20, MAX.]
Level 29 -> Whatever you'd like. Recommended 3 Endure.
Level 30 -> Whatever you'd like. Recommended if three in endure, three in Iron Body.

Power Strike will allow you to move through enemies just plowing through them with your fairly high damage.

Slash Blast Build

Level 10 -> 1 Improving HP Recovery
Level 11 -> 3 Improving HP Recovery [Total: 4]
Level 12 -> 1 Improving HP Recovery [Total: 5], 2 Improving Max HP [Total: 2]
Level 13 -> 3 Improving Max HP [Total: 5]
Level 14 -> 3 Improving Max HP [Total: 8]
Level 15 -> 2 Improving Max HP [Total: 10, MAX], 1 Power Strike
Level 16 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 3]
Level 17 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 6]
Level 18 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 9]
Level 19 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 12]
Level 20 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 15]
Level 21 -> 3 Slash Blast [Total: 18]
Level 22 -> 2 Slash Blast [Total: 20, MAX], 1 Power Strike [Total: 2]
Level 23 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 5]
Level 24 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 8]
Level 25 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 11]
Level 26 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 14]
Level 27 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 17]
Level 28 -> 3 Power Strike [Total: 20, MAX.]
Level 29 -> Whatever you'd like. Recommended 3 Endure.
Level 30 -> Whatever you'd like. Recommended if three in endure, three in Iron Body.

Not that different from what is said in the Power strike build, but this allows you to Mob earlier.

Section V.3: Training

Level 10 - 17 -> Henesys Hunting Ground I
How to get there: At Henesys, keep walking all the way left until you see a portal. Enter the portal.

Monsters:

Blue Snail:

4 EXP / 15 HP

Red Snail:

8 EXP / 45 HP

Slime:

10 EXP / 50 HP

Stump:

8 EXP / 65 HP

Orange Mushroom:

15 EXP / 80 HP

Green Mushroom:

26 EXP / 250 HP

In your early levels, stay on the first row (where you just walk in) which has the Blue Snails, Red Snails, and Shrooms. You'll level pretty fast, and once the EXP rate get slow, move up to the second row, which has Slimes and Blue Snails. Again, leveling gets fast, and move up to the next row with Orange Mushrooms and Red Snails. If you need to recover your HP, hop onto a safe spot and use the Relaxer. For MP once you get Power Strike, use Blue Potions. Feel free to leave early.

Level 15 / 18 - 25 -> Hidden Street: The Pig Beach
How to get there: From Henesys, keep walking left until you are at, "Three Way Road Split," and walk up until you find a bunch of Yellow Roses. Press up on the roses. From Lith Harbor, keep walking right until you are at, "Three Way Road Split," and keep walking up until you find the Yellow Roses and press up. From Kerning City, go left, then down, right, keep going right until you are at "Three Way Road Split," and find the Yellow Roses and press up.

Monsters:

Pig

15 EXP / 75 HP

Ribbon Pig

20 EXP / 120 HP

Iron Hog (!)

99 EXP / 2200 HP

The pros about The Pig Beach is that it has a GREAT spawn, which means fast experience. The con is that it's crowded. If you can OHKO the Pigs, great. You level easy here, and may burn some potions. Either way, it's a very good place to train. Another con is that the Iron Hog may spawn during your training. As a Warrior, you can't hit it. If it comes, pray a high leveled Character is there so they can kill it, or just change channels because it'll kill your training, and probably you.

Levels 22 - 30: Ant Tunnel I
How to Get There: From Henesys, go to the top platform and go right, go two maps right and then go down and hit the portal into Sleepywood. Then at Sleepywood go right. From Kerning City, go by the PQ [Party Quest] area and go up in the middle portal. Keep moving right until at a Sleepywood location. Go down and enter the portal and you should be at Sleepywood. Go right.

Monsters:

Horny Mushroom

35 EXP / 300 HP

Zombie Mushroom

42 EXP / 500 HP

An excellent map. Ant Tunnel 1 is a big map. The first part is full of pure Horny Mushrooms. Good spawn, but also very popular. EXP is very good. The second part is Horny and Zombie Mushrooms. Good spawn but a lot of movement. The last part is near the right portal to Ant Tunnel II filled with Horny and Zombie Mushrooms. Great spawn, but also a crowded area filled with parties. Better spawn than the second part due to less movement.

Level 25 - 30: Perion Excavation Site III
How to Get There: From Perion, walk right until at Rocky Road III, and you should see a portal at the right and up top. Go to the portal up top and keep going through the portals until you reach Excavation Site III. Rocky Masks and Wooden Masks spawn here. They have a good spawn rate and great EXP. They can also drop good scrolls you can sell for quick mesos.

Monsters:

Wooden Mask

42 EXP / 500 HP

Rocky Mask

45 EXP / 600 HP

Great spawn, and great drops. For such early training monsters, these things can land you big.

Level 25 - 30: Hidden Street: Land of the Wild Boar I
How to Get There: From Perion, walk one map right, go down to the bottom and press up on the door by the left.

Monsters:

Wild Boar

42 EXP / 550 HP

Jr.Boogie (!)

150 EXP / 1700 HP

Spawn is fairly decent, however, Jr.Boogies spawn constantly around here and will probably ruin your training due to the fact that you can't hit them, then they will cast their spells on you. [Cursing you, sealing skills up, etc.] Pray for a high level to be there or someone who can hit it to do so.

Section V.3: DEX - Capping and Other Problems

The problem that I'm sure so many of you have ran into is probably DEX. Those little numbers that add up to how well you can hit a monster. You usually will want to have a set DEX goal when making the character.

The normal DEX warriors follow this:

Warrior: Dex = Level x 2 [Should be 60 when making the job advancement.]
2nd Job: Add 1-2 points into DEX every set number of levels until reaching goal. [Normal Dex being 80-100, Dexless is 4, Low is 31-60, and high is 101+.]
Third Job: All into STR.

Now you want to maximize your hit potential so you can train efficiently on whatever you wish to. It'd be pretty depressing to see twenty-five misses out of thirty total swings at a monster.

<a href="http://www.screamingstatue.com/accuracy/" target="_blank">http://www.screamingstatue.com/accuracy/</a>

This is a link to a very useful accuracy calculator. [By Oresplz.] It'll allow you to know how much DEX you need to 100% so and so if you throw in the numbers right. Use this if you need to now how to upgrade your gear in order to gain more DEX while still adding more STR, therefore increasing your damage output.

Scrolling for DEX is the most common thing a warrior usually does. Glove scrolls for DEX are usually a bit cheap [compared to Glove Attack]. If you cannot obtain enough accuracy, you should raise your base DEX. A common scroll is to buy a Blue Crusader Chainmail and 100% DEX Overall Scroll it. That earns you easy accuracy (around six.) for less than 500K!

The Job Advancement

After your endless training, you've reached Level 30! You must now return to Perion and speak with Dances with Barlog. He will tell you to go see your instructor. Before you go, stock up on Potions. To get to your instructor, from Perion, go left, left again, up, and keep going up until you reach the instructor. Talk to him, and you'll be transported to a new map. You have to defeat Lupins and Fire Boards, don't worry, though, they are weakened down. Kill the monsters and collect 30 Dark Marbles. After you've completed it, return them to your instructor to receive The Proof of a Hero. Take that back to Dances with Barlog in Perion and then he will allow you to choose your class. Pick Fighter and you will now be a Fighter!

VI: Fighter - A Hero in Training

Section VI.I: Introduction to Fighters

Fighters are one of the most picked Second Job Warrior Classes. Here are some pros and cons about them:

Pros:
- Best 1v1 monster Melee characters in the game. [High damage]
- High damage
- Welcome in most parties at later levels due to Rage.
- Power Guard [shares with Pages as well.]
- 2H weapons have a higher KB rate.

Cons:
- No movement skill until 4th job.
- Easily KSed.
- 2H Scrolls cost a lot of money.

Now a Fighter can be three things. Sword Fighter, Axe Fighter, or HP Warrior [Fighter / Page]

Here are the individual pros and cons of each (respectively):

Sword Fighter

Pros:
- High damage with 2H.
- High KB rate.

Cons:
- Scrolls for Swords cost a lot.
- High market, high demand, high prices.

Axe Fighter

Pros:
- Can get godly weapons easily due to Axe Scrolls being very cheap.
- Damage can be very high.

Cons:
- Very unstable damage compared to sword users.
- Low market, low demand.

HP Warrior

Pros:
- Highest HP, ever.
- Welcome in just about any party because they can train anywhere at Level 31+.
- Level insanely fast.
- Can showoff to people for fun.
- Will rarely use a weapon.

Cons:
- Huge loss in money due to need to spend millions on Ginger Ales and other Percentage NLC pots.
- Tedious and time consuming to get to Level 30.
- Stuck training on Slimes and HPQing due to no accuracy.
- Is almost never welcome in Kerning PQ due to not being able to hit anything. [Requires you to lead usually.]

Section VI.III: Skills and Builds

Sword / Axe Mastery
Description: Increases the sword (axe) mastery and accuracy. It only applies when either a one-handed or a two-handed sword (axe) is in hand.
Skill Level:
1. 15% sword (axe) mastery, +1 accuracy
2. 15% sword (axe) mastery, +2 accuracy
3. 20% sword (axe) mastery, +3 accuracy
4. 20% sword (axe) mastery, +4 accuracy
5. 25% sword (axe) mastery, +5 accuracy
6. 25% sword (axe) mastery, +6 accuracy
7. 30% sword (axe) mastery, +7 accuracy
8. 30% sword (axe) mastery, +8 accuracy
9. 35% sword (axe) mastery, +9 accuracy
10. 35% sword (axe) mastery, +10 accuracy
11. 40% sword (axe) mastery, +11 accuracy
12. 40% sword (axe) mastery, +12 accuracy
13. 45% sword (axe) mastery, +13 accuracy
14. 45% sword (axe) mastery, +14 accuracy
15. 50% sword (axe) mastery, +15 accuracy
16. 50% sword (axe) mastery, +16 accuracy
17. 55% sword (axe) mastery, +17 accuracy
18. 55% sword (axe) mastery, +18 accuracy
19. 60% sword (axe) mastery, +19 accuracy
20. 60% sword (axe) mastery, +20 accuracy
Personal Opinion: It's up to you to leave it at 19 or 20. The extra accuracy may come in handy.

Sword Booster / Axe Booster
Description: Use HP and MP to temporarily boost up the attacking speed of the Sword (Axe). It only works with an sword (axe) wielded.
Pre-Requirements: 5 in Sword / Axe Mastery
Skill Level:
1. HP -29, MP -29; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 10 seconds.
2. HP -28, MP -28; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 20 seconds.
3. HP -27, MP -27; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 30 seconds.
4. HP -26, MP -26; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 40 seconds.
5. HP -25, MP -25; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 50 seconds.
6. HP -24, MP -24; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 60 seconds.
7. HP -23, MP -23; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 70 seconds.
8. HP -22, MP -22; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 80 seconds.
9. HP -21, MP -21; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 90 seconds.
10. HP -20, MP -20; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 100 seconds.
11. HP -19, MP -19; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 110 seconds.
12. HP -18, MP -18; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 120 seconds.
13. HP -17, MP -17; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 130 seconds.
14. HP -16, MP -16; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 140 seconds.
15. HP -15, MP -15; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 150 seconds.
16. HP -14, MP -14; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 160 seconds.
17. HP -13, MP -13; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 170 seconds.
18. HP -12, MP -12; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 180 seconds.
19. HP -11, MP -11; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 190 seconds.
20. HP -10, MP -10; sword (axe) attacking speed increases for 200 seconds.
Personal Opinion: After putting points into it, you never want to train without it again. As the level gets higher, the costs go down. This is a major help to your training, so you will be putting points into this early.

Final Attack [Sword] / Final Attack [Axe]
Description: With a certain success rate, another attack follows after performing an attacking skill. Only works with a one-handed or two-handed sword (axe) in hand.
Master Level: 30
Skill Level:
1. 2% success rate, damage 105% of regular attack.
2. 4% success rate, damage 110% of regular attack.
3. 6% success rate, damage 115% of regular attack.
4. 8% success rate, damage 120% of regular attack.
5. 10% success rate, damage 125% of regular attack.
6. 12% success rate, damage 130% of regular attack.
7. 14% success rate, damage 135% of regular attack.
8. 16% success rate, damage 140% of regular attack.
9. 18% success rate, damage 145% of regular attack.
10. 20% success rate, damage 150% of regular attack.
11. 22% success rate, damage 155% of regular attack.
12. 24% success rate, damage 160% of regular attack.
13. 26% success rate, damage 165% of regular attack.
14. 28% success rate, damage 170% of regular attack.
15. 30% success rate, damage 175% of regular attack.
16. 32% success rate, damage 180% of regular attack.
17. 34% success rate, damage 185% of regular attack.
18. 36% success rate, damage 190% of regular attack.
19. 38% success rate, damage 195% of regular attack.
20. 40% success rate, damage 200% of regular attack.
21. 42% success rate, damage 205% of regular attack.
22. 44% success rate, damage 210% of regular attack.
23. 46% success rate, damage 215% of regular attack.
24. 48% success rate, damage 220% of regular attack.
25. 50% success rate, damage 225% of regular attack.
26. 52% success rate, damage 230% of regular attack.
27. 54% success rate, damage 235% of regular attack.
28. 56% success rate, damage 240% of regular attack.
29. 58% success rate, damage 245% of regular attack.
30. 60% success rate, damage 250% of regular attack.
Personal Opinion: After getting through your main skills, this is a must-max. It's a potion saver.
NOTE: Save up points [about 9-12] before putting ANYTHING into this, otherwise it will just hinder the damage you deal.

Rage
Description: Temporarily boosts the Weapon Attack of everyone in the party around the area, but also decreases the level of Weapon Defense.
Skill Level:
1. MP -12; Weapon attack +1, weapon def. -1 for 8 seconds
2. MP -12; Weapon attack +1, weapon def. -1 for 16 seconds
3. MP -12; Weapon attack +2, weapon def. -2 for 24 seconds
4. MP -12; Weapon attack +2, weapon def. -2 for 32 seconds
5. MP -12; Weapon attack +3, weapon def. -3 for 40 seconds
6. MP -12; Weapon attack +3, weapon def. -3 for 48 seconds
7. MP -12; Weapon attack +4, weapon def. -4 for 56 seconds
8. MP -12; Weapon attack +4, weapon def. -4 for 64 seconds
9. MP -12; Weapon attack +5, weapon def. -5 for 72 seconds
10. MP -12; Weapon attack +5, weapon def. -5 for 80 seconds
11. MP -20; Weapon attack +6, weapon def. -6 for 88 seconds
12. MP -20; Weapon attack +6, weapon def. -6 for 96 seconds
13. MP -20; Weapon attack +7, weapon def. -7 for 104 seconds
14. MP -20; Weapon attack +7, weapon def. -7 for 112 seconds
15. MP -20; Weapon attack +8, weapon def. -8 for 120 seconds
16. MP -20; Weapon attack +8, weapon def. -8 for 128 seconds
17. MP -20; Weapon attack +9, weapon def. -9 for 136 seconds
18. MP -20; Weapon attack +9, weapon def. -9 for 144 seconds
19. MP -20; Weapon attack +10, weapon def. -10 for 152 seconds
20. MP -20; Weapon attack +10, weapon def. -10 for 160 seconds
Personal Opinion: Although completely outclassed by the NLC Warrior Elixirs which give 12 Weapon Attack and no Weapon Defense backlash, Rage is a useful skill. Especially because most people who follow the standard build max Power Guard first will allow Power Guard to dish out more damage to the monster.

Power Guard
Description: Returns a portion of the damage received from the enemy. Can't return more than 10% of the enemy's Max HP at once, however.
Master Level: 30
Pre-Requirements: Level 3 Rage
Skill Level:
1. MP -15; For 3 seconds, return 11% of the damage received.
2. MP -15; For 6 seconds, return 12% of the damage received.
3. MP -15; For 9 seconds, return 13% of the damage received.
4. MP -15; For 12 seconds, return 14% of the damage received.
5. MP -15; For 15 seconds, return 15% of the damage received.
6. MP -15; For 18 seconds, return 16% of the damage received.
7. MP -15; For 21 seconds, return 17% of the damage received.
8. MP -15; For 24 seconds, return 18% of the damage received.
9. MP -15; For 27 seconds, return 19% of the damage received.
10. MP -15; For 30 seconds, return 20% of the damage received.
11. MP -15; For 33 seconds, return 21% of the damage received.
12. MP -15; For 36 seconds, return 22% of the damage received.
13. MP -15; For 39 seconds, return 23% of the damage received.
14. MP -15; For 42 seconds, return 24% of the damage received.
15. MP -15; For 45 seconds, return 25% of the damage received.
16. MP -30; For 48 seconds, return 26% of the damage received.
17. MP -30; For 51 seconds, return 27% of the damage received.
18. MP -30; For 54 seconds, return 28% of the damage received.
19. MP -30; For 57 seconds, return 29% of the damage received.
20. MP -30; For 60 seconds, return 30% of the damage received.
21. MP -30; For 63 seconds, return 31% of the damage received.
22. MP -30; For 66 seconds, return 32% of the damage received.
23. MP -30; For 69 seconds, return 33% of the damage received.
24. MP -30; For 72 seconds, return 34% of the damage received.
25. MP -30; For 75 seconds, return 35% of the damage received.
26. MP -30; For 78 seconds, return 36% of the damage received.
27. MP -30; For 81 seconds, return 37% of the damage received.
28. MP -30; For 84 seconds, return 38% of the damage received.
29. MP -30; For 87 seconds, return 39% of the damage received.
30. MP -30; For 90 seconds, return 40% of the damage received.
Personal Opinion: Max this, it will help you so much during training. HP Warriors max this skill first so they can fight anywhere they want. Dishing out percentages back to enemies are great.

Builds:

"Standard"

Level 30 -> 1 Sword/Axe Mastery
Level 31 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 4]
Level 32 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 7]
Level 33 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 10]
Level 34 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 13]
Level 35 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 16]
Level 36 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 19]
Level 37 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 3]
Level 38 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 6]
Levels 39 and 40 -> Save your 6 points gained here.
Level 41 -> 9 Sword/Axe Final Attack [Total: 9]
Level 42 -> 3 Sword/Axe Final Attack [Total: 12]
Level 43 -> 3 Sword/Axe Final Attack [Total: 15]
Level 44 -> 3 Sword/Axe Final Attack [Total: 18]
Level 45 -> 3 Sword/Axe Final Attack [Total: 21]
Level 46 -> 3 Sword/Axe Final Attack [Total: 24]
Level 47 -> 3 Sword/Axe Final Attack [Total: 27]
Level 48 -> 3 Sword/Axe Final Attack [Total: 30, MAX]
Level 49 -> 3 Rage [Total: 3]
Level 50 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 3]
Level 51 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 6]
Level 52 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 9]
Level 53 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 12]
Level 54 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 15]
Level 55 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 18]
Level 56 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 21]
Level 57 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 24]
Level 58 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 27]
Level 59 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 30, MAX]
Level 60 -> 3 Rage [Total: 6]
Level 61 -> 3 Rage [Total: 9]
Level 62 -> 3 Rage [Total: 12]
Level 63 -> 3 Rage [Total: 15]
Level 64 -> 3 Rage [Total: 18]
Level 65 -> 2 Rage [Total: 20, MAX], 1 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 20, MAX]
Level 66 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 9]
Level 67 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 12]
Level 68 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 15]
Level 69 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 18]
Level 70 -> 2 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 20, MAX], 1 Free point into any first job skill.

This build is very common. It helps fix your slightly unstable damage early on and then will help speed up your general training.

Party Build [Known as Rage first.]

Level 30 -> 1 Sword/Axe Mastery
Level 31 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 4]
Level 32 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 7]
Level 33 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 10]
Level 34 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 13]
Level 35 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 16]
Level 36 -> 3 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 19]
Level 37 -> 3 Rage [Total: 3]
Level 38 -> 3 Rage [Total: 6]
Level 39 -> 3 Rage [Total: 9]
Level 40 -> 3 Rage [Total: 12]
Level 41 -> 3 Rage [Total: 15]
Level 42 -> 3 Rage [Total: 18]
Level 43 -> 2 Rage [Total: 20, MAX], 1 Sword/Axe Booster
Level 44 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 4]
Level 45 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 7]
Level 46 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 10]
Level 47 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 13]
Level 48 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 16]
Level 49 -> 3 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 19]
Level 50 -> 1 Sword/Axe Booster [Total: 20, MAX], 2 Final Attack [Total: 2]
Level 51 -> 3 Final Attack [Total: 5]
Level 52 -> 3 Final Attack [Total: 8]
Level 53 -> 3 Final Attack [Total: 11]
Level 54 -> 3 Final Attack [Total: 14]
Level 55 -> 3 Final Attack [Total: 17]
Level 56 -> 3 Final Attack [Total: 20]
Level 57 -> 3 Final Attack [Total: 23]
Level 58 -> 3 Final Attack [Total: 26]
Level 59 -> 3 Final Attack [Total: 29]
Level 60 -> 1 Final Attack [Total: 30, MAX], 2 Power Guard [Total: 2]
Level 61 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 5]
Level 62 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 8]
Level 63 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 11]
Level 64 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 14]
Level 65 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 17]
Level 66 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 20]
Level 67 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 23]
Level 68 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 26]
Level 69 -> 3 Power Guard [Total: 29]
Level 70 -> 1 Power Guard [Total: 30, MAX], 1 Sword/Axe Mastery [Total: 20, MAX], 1 Free Point.

If you plan on abusing Party Quests, then this build could work. Just know that this is not recommended because in the time of waiting for most Party Quests can be spent training, getting the same amount of EXP in the time of waiting, even more. (This was true back in the days before Monster Carnival.) This build is not recommend aside from the aforementioned reasons, but also the fact that you get your main skills very late in the build, causing very slow leveling.

Section VI.IV: Training

Fighter training is different than how you were used to in first job. The skills for attacking are the same, with the added bonus of Final Attack. New skills come along to help you, such as Mastery to stablize your damage, Booster to speed your attacks up, Rage to raise your damage (and consequentially, lower defense which doesn't really matter.), and lastly, Power Guard to take less damage from enemies and reflect it all back.

-To be continued-

Edited by Bodom, 26 December 2008 - 12:20 PM.

Strombidae - 123 Windia Hero. 2-monster hitting Brandish is so hot.
SeasonabIe - 49 Windia Cleric. Unmotivated to level.

??????? - Night Walker in progress.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Witless Witness

Witless Witness

AERIAL RAVE GO!

• Official Member
  • 577 posts
  • IGN:SyrnAran/EntanSyrna

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

...I was looking for a Fighter guide, and here one is, up to 3rd job... Sweet.

Posted Image
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2 / Rock Band

#3 SpionKop

SpionKop

Oh, such the poser.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 7790 posts
  • IGN:lmUnfunded (l=L)

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

Nice guide...for a Yankees fan (then again, that's not saying much). Two criticisms (because I can't praise a Yankees fan without matching harsh words):

-Unless they changed it, you need 3 Rage to open PG, not 1
-IMO it makes more sense to max Booster before working on PG, because pumping Booster will save you more money by far.
My avatar is so old, it's voting for McCain. :[
But Karen still owns at art. <3

#4 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts
  • IGN:HolyOracle-Lv 90

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

Wow, this puts that other Sader guide to shame.

Actually Spion, I like the way he has it. Cutting MP cost from 24 to 10 isn't as useful as reducing knockback and dealing a bit more damage.

Posted Image

#5 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts
  • IGN:kevinpyr

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(SpionKop @ Jan 13 2008, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-IMO it makes more sense to max Booster before working on PG, because pumping Booster will save you more money by far.

Uh.. PG saves more money than Booster will ever will. The sooner the better IMO. The HP/MP cost for Booster is negligible anyways.

So far I like it. I haven't read everything though, but it's very readable and that's a big plus. I'll reread it in a bit.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster
Aubergines - 11x White Knight
Characid - 9x Battle Mage

Page/White Knight/Paladin Guide - terribly out of date
Everest - Guild Boss Hunting Event - Winner!

#6 SpionKop

SpionKop

Oh, such the poser.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 7790 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

Uh.. PG saves more money than Booster will ever will. The sooner the better IMO. The HP/MP cost for Booster is negligible anyways.

Leaving Booster at 6 is actually quite a money drain. It lasts for a minute, so you have to cast it 60 times an hour. 60 casts/hr times 24 MP/cast=1,440 MP/hr. That means you're burning 2,880 extra mesos an hour, on average, compared to a person training without Booster (whom I'll use as a frame of reference for the sake of example). And that's not even counting the HP costs, but since PG saves HP and HP pots are cheaper anyway, that's not as relevant.

By contrast, maxed Booster is cast 18 times an hour and costs 10 MP each time. That's 180 MP an hour. In other words, a person training with max Booster only has to buy two more blue pots for every hour he trains (even less after a certain point) than a person training with no Booster whatsoever. However, a person with 6 Booster has to buy more than 14 blue pots than the Booster-less person each hour. And the person with 6 Booster has to spend 2,520 more mesos per hour (on average) than the person with max Booster. And that's not even adding in HP costs.

2.5k mesos may not seem like a huge deal. But that accumulates. At a liberal estimate, a person around 5x-ish or so will gain 15% an hour, on average. That means it'll take them almost 7 hours to level. By that time, the 6-booster person will have paid 16,800 more mesos than the max-Booster person. To get from 50 to 60 (and remember, this is a liberal estimate in terms of exp gain), the max-Booster person will save 168,000 mesos compared to the 6-Booster person.

What I said about Booster vs. PG was my opinion, of course, but I think it's only fair to show the math behind it.

#7 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts
  • IGN:HolyOracle-Lv 90

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

Assuming training speed is prefered over money gained, power guard of course is more useful. I personally brought my booster to level 9, cutting costs by a bit. I found that at STD with a chainmail (crappy defense for my level) and considering pot cost, I would break even money-wise.

Meh, 168k is pretty negligible to me =P.

Posted Image

#8 IndoX

IndoX

Rainbows ~!

• Respected Member
  • 2516 posts
  • IGN:-

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Love it. Love it. Love it.

It's great to see a good guide. With the amount of [crap] we've been getting here on Mapletip.

GJ! mush1a.gif

Interested in my MS character (even though I don't play)? lndoJabijinX

#9 SpionKop

SpionKop

Oh, such the poser.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 7790 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(Blade Oracle @ Jan 12 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Assuming training speed is prefered over money gained, power guard of course is more useful. I personally brought my booster to level 9, cutting costs by a bit. I found that at STD with a chainmail (crappy defense for my level) and considering pot cost, I would break even money-wise.

Meh, 168k is pretty negligible to me =P.

Lol, that money cost was just 20 Booster vs. 6 Booster. It wasn't 20 Booster vs. pumped-up PG, which would cost even more money because it sucks up 15-30 MP per cast and has a dismal timer. And it doesn't even speed up training that much IMO (it actually slows it down a tiny bit because you have to waste a few seconds every minute recasting it). But meh.

@Marlon: True dat. It's funny how the runner-up in popularity among Warrior 2nd jobs is the last to get a coherent guide that was written by someone who's actually played the class. mush1k.gif

#10 Godforsaken

Godforsaken

Really, really, really high.

• Respected Member
  • 1928 posts
  • IGN:Quit.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

IMNSHO, (In My Not So Humble Opinion) this is a freaking unbelievably awesome guide. I will be using this once I get my 1x mage to be a cleric for money mush1n.gif

LIKE A BOSS.

#11 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:10 PM

Wow, thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm gonna continue my work starting tomorrow then.

@ kevin y and Blade: That means a lot coming from you two. You two helped me go from a nub 3X Fighter, to what I am right now, with better knowledge... and I thought I was actually smart when I first joined.

[edit was adding the kevin y and Blade fanboyism. ;P]

Edited by Bodom, 12 January 2008 - 11:13 PM.

#12 LetFireFall

LetFireFall

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3399 posts
  • IGN:1

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:37 AM

Very nice guide, I've always enjoyed the fighter class but I've never been assed enough to get above level 30.
Posted Image

#13 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:13 PM

Bleh, I knew I made a mistake with the Rage requirement thing on the build.

Gonna do some work on it now.

#14 daddyJ4

daddyJ4

I Bleed with Jesus

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts
  • IGN:Bewolkt

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:56 PM

Fire Blades eh? You wrote that in monsters to kill in second job advancement. My views, and my experience form levels 10-30 conflict with yours a bit. For starters a fusion mace or a two handed axe are much better. You also wrote down places that I hated training at.

Pigs- Disliked

Slates-I like those at 32 still, the third map, right before camp is an awesome map for mobbing.

Zombie Mushrooms- I hated these things on my bowman as well. Even with such a great spawn you have no where to call your own. I personally like maps where I can train on my own, and that way I can mob and the such.

Also, for the level 30-40 training levels I'll keep you posted. I trained at Slates(mask's, w/e) from level 30-31. Then i decided to go to Aqua, there I want back to old friends, called Mask Fish. The first map right of Aqua is ideal for mobbing. I am actually planning on making a mobbing guide which I would like to have you post in your guide.

I love mobbing, I feel if done right, at the right maps, that there is no better EXP. At Mask Fishes I can get mobs of 10-15. That is .05-.06% per kill. that is roughly 50% a mob, if its ten. It takes me 3 minutes or so to make a mob, probably a lot less. (I am planning on timing myself no worries.) I am averaging 40% per hour, or 1% per air bubble (15 minutes).

Note: When mobbing if you go to the very top of the map, by swimming, avoid dragging your mask fishes up there too. This will cause them to become "glued" to the roof. You always want to check the roof every time you CC.

Note 2: Also beware of high levels going to Squids and the such, they can take your mob and that is a real bummer, .50% gone in an instant.

Also, when mobbing, there are some ideal locations, mask fishes tend to bunch up on the portal on the left, where the little bridge is. By the entrance to squids is also a smart place to mob as the drops go no where but near you. My favorite place though is probably on the top piece of land. Though it is dangerous to mob here it is probably the best choice if you want another mob fast. When you kill up here the mob goes away, but some new fish are actually sucked up into the old place, sometimes I get 5 just from that.

Going to make my video tomorrow, going to show all the mobbing places, how to check the sealing, and the such. Please tell me how you like the idea of adding my film ^.^.

#15 Bodom

Bodom

Hero.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 2565 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, I was gonna add Mask Fish. Blade told me about them when I first came. They were pretty nice. ^^

#16 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts
  • IGN:Werfen

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:33 PM

Pros:
- Can switch between weapons easier to control fighting monsters easily.

Care to explain? This isn't like a DK, where switching weapons can be benefital.

#17 daddyJ4

daddyJ4

I Bleed with Jesus

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:49 AM

If you seriously don't undertsand then I'll explain.

You can only generally switch between one handed and two handed. A one handed allows you to have a shield, which can be scrolled for attack, they also usually have a fast attack speed, faster with booster. They also can do more damage in 10 seconds I believe than a two handed sword. In a tight corner you may want to use this, or you may realize that the +10 attack you might get from a shield is very beneficial and switch to that, because 1 0attack from a shield can make up for weapon attack lost on a one handed sword.

But two handed swords are liked because they hit harder, higher, and better. They have normal attack most of the time and with booster that means fast. They are good if you can always one hit something, because one handed swords with equal attack do more damage overtime.

And wow, I explaine dit very poorly

He is saying that it i easy to switch between one handed and two handed axes/swords.

#18 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts
  • IGN:Werfen

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(daddyJ4 @ Jan 16 2008, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you seriously don't undertsand then I'll explain.

You can only generally switch between one handed and two handed. A one handed allows you to have a shield, which can be scrolled for attack, they also usually have a fast attack speed, faster with booster. They also can do more damage in 10 seconds I believe than a two handed sword. In a tight corner you may want to use this, or you may realize that the +10 attack you might get from a shield is very beneficial and switch to that, because 1 0attack from a shield can make up for weapon attack lost on a one handed sword.

But two handed swords are liked because they hit harder, higher, and better. They have normal attack most of the time and with booster that means fast. They are good if you can always one hit something, because one handed swords with equal attack do more damage overtime.

And wow, I explaine dit very poorly

He is saying that it i easy to switch between one handed and two handed axes/swords.

That did not answer my question at all. If you read where I copied and pasted, I got it from what type of fighter build exists. He meantioned what I quoted from the pros and cons of being a hybrid fighter, MEANING, switching from axe to sword, or vice versa. I know the difference between one hand/two handed sword. Everyone should know if they're a fighter, or a page. If you can explain the reason why it's necessary to switch between axe to sword, or vice versa, then go nuts. But there is no reason what so ever to even do so. AT ALL.

Sorry, but it just bothers me how you made me sound like a noob, which I'm not.

#19 daddyJ4

daddyJ4

I Bleed with Jesus

• Official Member
  • 1415 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

I did not mean for you to sound like a noob. I did not know my post had that impression. My post was entirely wrong as well, but the good thing about axes is the high damage max, but the bad thing is the low damage min. While swords have a lower damage max, and a higher damage min.

So basically for the conditions your in using an axe can be more beneficial, or using a sword can be. I'll let Bodom explain well though.

#20 SpionKop

SpionKop

Oh, such the poser.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 7790 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(daddyJ4 @ Jan 16 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did not mean for you to sound like a noob. I did not know my post had that impression. My post was entirely wrong as well, but the good thing about axes is the high damage max, but the bad thing is the low damage min. While swords have a lower damage max, and a higher damage min.

So basically for the conditions your in using an axe can be more beneficial, or using a sword can be. I'll let Bodom explain well though.

I fail to see how those points fit into different molds based on the situation. While they are legitimate factors to consider in choosing between axes and swords, the applications of the pros and cons of both weapon classes are consistent. Unlike with hybrid DKs, who can argue that differences in terrain necessitate versatility, hybrid Crusaders can really point to no practical benefit. Plus, I'd much rather give up Iron Will than Rage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users