The Pirate PQ Guide: by PoserMobile

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:09 AM

Objective: Rush through the Pirate Ship to save the captive Wu Yang from the clutches of the Pirate Lord.
    Pirate PQ Basics:
  • You must be level 55-100 to participate.
  • Your party must consist of at least 3 or more Members
  • Time limit varies by stage.

The Pirate PQ (More commonly referred to as PPQ) is located in a hidden area between Mu Lung and Herb Town. Pirate PQ, unlike many other Party Quests in MapleStory, only consists of fighting enemies; there are no puzzle stages. Each of the 6 stages are given a separate time limit and you must complete the stages objective and enter the portal to the next stage before time runs out. If you do not you'll be blocked from going farther and sent to the exit (The rest of the party, as long as they entered the portal before the time ran out, can still complete the PQ assuming the leader of the party didn't get locked out.)

Pirate PQ is actually quite straight forward and simple besides one stage that's only a little more complicated than just killing. However completing each stage as quickly as you possibly can is very important to a successful mission.

Gathering a Party:
You don't absolutely need any class-specific skills to complete the PQ, but of course some skills are nearly necessary. Here's my recommendations for the perfect party:

Rangers/Snipers: One of the more useful classes for Pirate PQ; especially (and sometimes only) if they possess a good level of Arrow Rain/Eruption which is a godsend in PPQ. Arrow Bomb or Iron Arrow work alright but definitely not as well as Rain/Eruption.

Dragon Knights/Crusaders/White Knights: They can mob well, pack a good punch, and have useful party skills (Besides WK's), whats not to love? Dragon Roar is an especially awesome skill in PPQ.

Mages: As long as they can mob well, and most mages can, they are of definite use.

Hermit/Chief Bandit: Haste is essential and Dark Sight is very useful in some stages. However, Sins/Dits aren't exactly known for their mobbing prowess and there's a lot of that in this PQ.

Cleric/Priest: Lots of enemies, lots of people taking damage, so of course Heal is very useful. Holy Symbol is only somewhat effective because the monsters don't actually give alot of EXP, but every bit counts. As long as your Cleric knows how to use Magic Guard any level is fine really. Don't take too many, one is fine. If you don't take one plan on using alot of potions.

-Speed should be foremost in this PQ; you have to get through those stages fast and a party that is just too weak probably will fall behind and fail. Be careful in judging each member correctly.

Beginning the Quest: Once you have your party talk to Guon to be taken inside (Of course, there can't be another party inside already.)

==============================================================

Stage 1: On the Way to the Pirate Ship <Time Limit: 4:00>

<The Pirate Ship is about to take off. Please defeat all the monsters within the time and hop aboard the ship>

Stage 1 contains two raised platforms and a plank way littered with Bellflower and Ginseng enemies. Whipe every single enemy out (make sure none escape your notice) and run to the Pirate Ship and enter the portal. If you missed even one enemy you won't be able to enter the next stage until it's killed.

Stage 2: Through the Head of the Ship! <Time Limit: 6:00>

Have the leader talk to Guon and he'll summon hordes enemies you need to collect Pirate Marks from; you need 20 of each to seal off the enemies. There's 3 different sets of monsters and each will drop a different color Pirate Mark: Black-> Blue-> Red. If you're the leader make sure you collect the right color for the right seal and then talk to Guon once you have 20 Marks, and then talk to Guon again to summon the next set of enemies. Once the 3rd seal is locked you can move to Stage 3.[It's wise if you're leading to focus more on collecting Marks than killing, unless you have too.]

{Stage 3: Through the Deck I <Time Limit: 6:00>
{Stage 4: Through the Deck II <Time Limit: 600>

<The Engraged Pirates are looking for strangers intruding the ship.You'll need to defeat all the pirates and run through the deck.>

Stage 3 & 4 are nearly identical to each other. Run across the enemy infested deck and destroy all the enemies before moving on. Straightforward enough; just watch your HP and the timer. There's an optional stage you can choose to do if you wish inside one of the doors to get quest items and possible prizes.

--Optional Stage: The Area of the 1000yr Old Bellflower I

This stages have vanishing Bellflower monsters. They drop a certain quest item you need, but if you'd rather save time and rush on ahead feel free to skip this stage. If you defeated the Pirate Lord in the past and found a set of keys, you can kill all the enemies in this stage and a large treasure chest will appear and drop Potions / rare ores. Consequently, the Pirate Lord will be upset you're stealing his treasure and you'll have to fight a harder boss (Also needed for a quest).

Optional Stage: The Pirate Lords Servant

You have 50 seconds to kill the Pirates in this map.
[Note: needs completing]

Stage 5: Eliminating Pirates! <Time Limit: 6:00>

<Find the key and lock the door of the deck so the pirates won't be able to escape the place.>

Stage 5 has four doors that need locking. The enemies will occasionally drop bone Keys; pick these keys up and drop them in front of the doorways to lock them. This is easier said then done however, as the enemies will keep running into you and won't be able to drop anything unless they leave you alone long enough. This is where Dark Sight comes in handy; it's not fail proof, but you have a better chance than otherwise.
Once you've locked all the doors and defeated all the enemies you can face Pirate Lord.

Tip: I've actually found it's much easier to collect 4 keys BEFORE locking any of the doors; thus the spawn rate and drop rate of the keys will be faster. If you close to many doors you may get stuck with a really unlucky drop rate and fail the stage. (It's happened to me once or twice)

Stage 6: The Captains Dignity [Boss Stage] <Time Limit: 8:00>

Boss: the Pirate Lord

Depending on how many treasure chests you've opened previously, you'll have to face one of three different Pirate Lords; the more treasure chests you open, the more difficult he'll be. Even so, if your party is balanced and strong this isn't a terribly hard battle. Pirate Lord will summon smaller pirates to his aid in 3's, and he attacks with his hook. Besides that it's not a very complex battle at all, just kill him off in 8 minutes or less and you're good to go.

The Pirate Lord: Level: 70 HP: 420 000
Angry Pirate Lord: Level: 73 HP: 480 000
Enraged Pirate Lord: Level: 76 HP: 540 000

Once he is defeated Wu Yang will be released and you can finish the PQ. How much EXP you get will depend on the level of your party members:

-If everyone is below level 70 you'll receive 35,000exp.
-If one or more members are above level 70 but the rest below, you'll receive 28,000exp.
-If all your party members are above 70 you'll receive 20,000exp.

Lord Pirate drop mesos and many powerful potions once he is defeated, but the real prize will come if you defeat a certain amount of Pirate Lords; the Pirate Hat. There's 5 different Pirate Hats and you'll receive each one after you've bested the required number of Pirate Lords.

The Pirate Hat:
EXP wise PPQ isn't fantastic, however if you can kill the Pirate Lord enough you can get a pretty nifty Pirate Hat. There's 4 different hats for levels 60, 70, 80, 90.

Pirate Hat (Level 60)
+2 STR +2 DEX +2 INT +2 LUK
Required PQs: 50

Pirate Hat (Level 70)
+3 STR +3 DEX +3 INT +3 LUK
Required PQs: 150

Pirate Hat (Level 80)
+4 STR +4 DEX +4 INT +4 LUK
Required PQs: 300

Pirate Hat (Level 90)
+5 STR +5 DEX +5 INT +5 LUK
Required PQs: 500

-Your Pirate Lord kill count does not reset once you gain a hat unless you reset it yourself.

-You will not receive 4 different Pirate Hats in your inventory, it's replaced by the new Pirate Hat once you have enough completed for the upgrade.

-If you destroy your Pirate Hat or drop it you cannot ask for a new one; you'll have to reset your kill count and start from the beginning.

Version notes:
Currently I don't have the complete stats for the Pirate Hats, just the main ones. The Pirate Hats also have WEP. Def, MAG. Def, +Jump, and +Speed, but I don't have that information right now.

Edited by PoserMobile, 17 January 2008 - 12:44 AM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Witless Witness

Witless Witness

AERIAL RAVE GO!

• Official Member
  • 577 posts
  • IGN:SyrnAran/EntanSyrna

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:15 AM

...I, for one, can FINALLY understand what people are talking about when they're PPQing! mush1a.gif

Thank ye for this gift of information, oh ye Poser.

(Translation: Thank you for halping meh understand what was meaningless spam before. mush1a.gif)

As always, there's going to be someone that asks what kind of potions and items are available, and what the stats of the Pirate Hat are. But you know that, and are probably gathering that information every time you PPQ, am I right?

All-in-all, a great guide, even not quite finished. mush1a.gif

Posted Image
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2 / Rock Band

#3 icygangsta

icygangsta

You want some jiggy time ?

• Official Member
  • 516 posts
  • IGN:PM me for it

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:18 AM

Amazing guide so far mate mush1o.gif

#4 Shade

Shade

P-p-p-pikaface p-p-pikaface

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6801 posts
  • IGN:­MindLove [gMS Zenith]

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

In reference to your 'Thieves aren't known for their mobbing prowess'...really? BoT (Cb skill) is just as useful as your Rain/Eruption skills, if the CB is 8x or higher. As long as they can consistently hit 4 or more monsters per attack, they're very efficient.

I'll admit that Hermits will have trouble with some of the small maps because of Avenger's slow speed, but BoT CBs will have no trouble at all.

Edited by Shade, 12 January 2008 - 12:00 PM.

Posted Image
[alexshade]

[Dr. Shadefacé]

[UNLV]

#5 Spoinky

Spoinky

Pianus

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3856 posts
  • IGN:Scorwix

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

There's a second optional stage as well like you guessed =P. You can fight Devoted Kru's/Captain's for a quest. They're much harder and disappear quicker.
I/L Mage Questions!

Trying to revive on MS

#6 ShadowShuriken

ShadowShuriken

Pepe

• Official Member
  • 766 posts
  • IGN:somethingg.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:44 PM

Finally, a great guide is made! Thanks for all the guides you made, they're really helpful. :'D
Might want to add how many PQs you need to complete for each pirate hat.
Pretty inactive, and my level digits aren't really changing, sooo. Yah. :D
x__x

#7 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:00 AM

Thanks for the replies and feedback. mush1z.gif

In reference to your 'Thieves aren't known for their mobbing prowess'...really? BoT (Cb skill) is just as useful as your Rain/Eruption skills, if the CB is 8x or higher. As long as they can consistently hit 4 or more monsters per attack, they're very efficient.

BoT is certainly more useful in PPQ than Avenger in many cases, but saying it's "as useful as Arrow/Rain Eruption" is a bit of a stretch. For the most part, and correct me if I'm wrong, CB's won't have terribly high level BoT between 70-100; they'll be concentrating on either Assaulter / Mesos Explosion / Mesos Guard typically. Most all CB's I have partied with do have some BoT, but it's never very powerful and they're always dwarfed by the Rangers/Snipers, Mages, and DK's in the party.

I can do 4k+'s with Arrow Rain, and I've seen 9x Snipers who can do 5k-6k's with Eruption, and the skill also has a greater area range, and also hits more monsters. If I ever saw a CB in PPQ doing 3k-4k+'s with BoT I would be very surprised; no offense to CB's.

Now, if I had to choose between a level 100 Hermit and a level 100 CB for my party I'd go with the CB, but if I had a level 100 Ranger, DK (Especially PA-DK's), or Mage to pick from I'd easily choose them first.

I think it's fairly safe to say that Hermits and CB's, while they possess mob skills, are far better known for their one-on-one skills; and while that's great in many cases it's just not as efficient in PPQ's where other classes shine more.

ALSO, if anyone has information pertaining to the stage "The Pirate Lords Servant" I'd really appreciate it. As far as I can tell you go in there and kill things...But do you get drops? Or is there some reward for destroying all the pirates?
Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

#8 Spoinky

Spoinky

Pianus

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3856 posts
  • IGN:Scorwix

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:24 AM

I find that CBs are especially useful in Stage 2 cause they can bomb the mesos making it easier to get to the required items.
I/L Mage Questions!

Trying to revive on MS

#9 Duet

Duet

Jr. Necki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • IGN:N/A

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(PoserMobile @ Jan 12 2008, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's 5 different Pirate Hats...

*cough*

Also, a slight note: chests on stages 1, 3, and 4 are likely to contain appropriate monsters for the stage. If you don't reveal them, you can proceed normally, but if you open them, you can't continue until you kill them (even if other people have already went to the next map...!)

Furthermore, you might want to take a mage along anyway since I'm certain I've seen the Kru in stage 2 (the stage that's most pressed for time, IMO) use the Super DEF buff, and the Captains, the Super MDEF buff. I can't remember if they do so during any other stages, but I can definitely remember them using the skill during stage 2.

Edit: Oh, and make sure the leader isn't laggy; when I did this a few times with some friends right after it came out, we could barely get past 2nd stage because our party leader couldn't loot the Marks fast enough (including a few failures because the time ran out JUST as we were leaving). When I took over the party, it was a lot easier to clear that stage.

Edited by EMP Demon, 17 January 2008 - 05:28 PM.

Hi.

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • IGN:Hero

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(PoserMobile @ Jan 12 2008, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]

Objective: Rush through the Pirate Ship to save the captive Wu Yang from the clutches of the Pirate Lord.
    Pirate PQ Basics:
  • You must be level 55-100 to participate.
  • Your party must consist of at least 3 or more Members
  • Time limit varies by stage.

Is it for level between 55-100 or including levels 55 and 100.

#11 Banditman773

Banditman773

I MADE IT TO LEVEL 70 + CB!

• Official Member
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:SinditGuy7

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:23 PM

lol i never heard of this pq, is it in GMS?

Edited by Banditman773, 18 March 2008 - 03:23 PM.

#12 Westinator

Westinator

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • IGN:VVesss

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

Wow! THANKS! This guide helped me sooo much on how to PPQ.

QUOTE(Banditman773 @ Mar 18 2008, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol i never heard of this pq, is it in GMS?

Yes.

GUILD: Audacity
SERVER: GMSKradia

#13 bluqaur

bluqaur

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:bluqaur

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(PoserMobile @ Jan 17 2008, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the replies and feedback. mush1z.gif

BoT is certainly more useful in PPQ than Avenger in many cases, but saying it's "as useful as Arrow/Rain Eruption" is a bit of a stretch. For the most part, and correct me if I'm wrong, CB's won't have terribly high level BoT between 70-100; they'll be concentrating on either Assaulter / Mesos Explosion / Mesos Guard typically. Most all CB's I have partied with do have some BoT, but it's never very powerful and they're always dwarfed by the Rangers/Snipers, Mages, and DK's in the party.

I can do 4k+'s with Arrow Rain, and I've seen 9x Snipers who can do 5k-6k's with Eruption, and the skill also has a greater area range, and also hits more monsters. If I ever saw a CB in PPQ doing 3k-4k+'s with BoT I would be very surprised; no offense to CB's.

Now, if I had to choose between a level 100 Hermit and a level 100 CB for my party I'd go with the CB, but if I had a level 100 Ranger, DK (Especially PA-DK's), or Mage to pick from I'd easily choose them first.

I think it's fairly safe to say that Hermits and CB's, while they possess mob skills, are far better known for their one-on-one skills; and while that's great in many cases it's just not as efficient in PPQ's where other classes shine more.

ALSO, if anyone has information pertaining to the stage "The Pirate Lords Servant" I'd really appreciate it. As far as I can tell you go in there and kill things...But do you get drops? Or is there some reward for destroying all the pirates?

I'm correcting you because you're wrong. I'm a level 86 CB and I have max BoT. I can hit 3-4k easily on up to 6 monsters. And no, we don't focus on assaulter/meso explosion/meso guard at first. People either start with 18 BoT, then max assaulter, then finish BoT or max BoT right away. BoT is our most powerful skill (totaling 1260% dmg at max for mobs) so it only makes sense to max first.

#14 pigreaper

pigreaper

MC Public Urination

• Official Member
  • 849 posts
  • IGN:rolee2nd

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

you need less pq's for each hat now. 350 and you get the 90 hat now.

PA DK's are also hands down the best for this PQ. most can clear the 3rd and 4th stages as quick as they can jump/ stab their way through them

also the exp you recieve is differnt now too, i have gotten 35k exp at lvl 92, but we had a <lvl 60 in the party
***sper m*

#15 Slyxdexic

Slyxdexic

MT's Resident Medic

• MD Members
  • 1182 posts
  • IGN:TheWoodenLeg

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(pigreaper @ Sep 6 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also the exp you recieve is differnt now too, i have gotten 35k exp at lvl 92, but we had a <lvl 60 in the party

I heard somewhere that the experience depends on the average of the party members' levels.

Posted Image

I'm back and representin' Galicia.

(Lvl 44 Brawler) TheWoodenLeg
(Lvl 50 Cleric) Lv3Dispenser

THAT'S RIGHT I MADE TWO CLERICS
WHY?
BECAUSE I'M CLINICALLY INSANE, THAT'S WHY!

#16 bluqaur

bluqaur

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:bluqaur

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Slyxdexic @ Sep 6 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(pigreaper @ Sep 6 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard somewhere that the experience depends on the average of the party members' levels.

That's wrong.

42k exp = everyone in the party is less than 70

35k exp = 1 or 2 people are higher than 70

28k exp = 3 or more are higher than 70

#17 archdrag5

archdrag5

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:DeathhandX

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

sweetness.
Pwnage guide for a pwnage pq.
ima have to check this often when i hit 55, rofl.
cool people are overrrated.

Java makes the world go round. :P

South Koreans FTW!!!!
While Kirby Dances.
<(-_-<) <(-_-)> (>-_-)>

#18 Phardy

Phardy

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • IGN:SarahsLove