• PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • IGN:Ranger98111

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

Version History
-------------------------
1.0 Got the Guide up and running
1.3 Minor fixes and easier to read
2.0 Guide is fixed completly, and now much easier to read and understand.

If You are new to Maplestory and are having a hard time training your mages? Then read along.
There are many places to train, but these training places are my own opinon. There might be more training places, but these are simple ones too. This is a training guide that only goes up to lv 30.

Here is a Run Down:
1-8:Green Snails. This is a must. You can also do some quest for quicker leveling. Dont do Mai's 2nd quest, and biggs quest. Do olaf's quest it will save a lot of time in the long run this quest gives you 365 Exp. Pick the path of the magician. The Hair quest is optional, but can give you 500 Exp i think.

8-10:Snails at Henesys Hunting Ground aka HHG. If you are funded go to slime at slime tree. This is a slow leveling for the non funded, but it is worth it.

10-15:Slimes at Slime Tree at Ellina Check Hidden-Street. Go to Hidden-Street.net to find the map.

15-20 and 15-18. The Funded go to pigs and the non funded go to slime and orange mushrooms. Pigs are at pig beach, and you can ask where pig beach is. Slimes and Orange mushrooms are at HHG.

20-25 Kerning Pq at 23 for more magic claw. Or Pigs for everyone. I am not going to explain Kerning PQ since many other guides do it.

25-28:Ant Tunnel or PQ. Ant tunnel you should kill Horny Mushrooms and Zombie mushrooms. Ant Tunnel is located at SleepyWood.

28-30: Now at these lvs you should PQ because everyone will accept you almost everyone minute. You have earned this moment as the strongest first job character in Maplestory for now.

Credits
---------
MY friends and me for helping me make this awesome guide, and Pinkfurryone for helping with other stuff.
Copyright Ranger98111 2008!!!!

Edited by sonic123, 13 January 2008 - 01:27 AM.

<

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Witless Witness

Witless Witness

AERIAL RAVE GO!

• Official Member
  • 577 posts
  • IGN:SyrnAran/EntanSyrna

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

A few things:

1. It's spelt Henesys. Please fix this.
2. I've found it's better to wait until level 23 or so to start PQing, it gives you a few more levels of Magic Claw, which really helps.
3. (Un)Holy typos. At least TRY to spell check the "guide" before you post it. Please, for the good of all people who may read this in the future.

Posted Image
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2 / Rock Band

#3 sonic123

sonic123

Stirge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • IGN:Ranger98111

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

Ok i will ty
<

#4 Antagonist

Antagonist

No Sympathy

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 4453 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

plz move this to the mage guides plzzzzzz

can you move this to the magician guides

can you plz move this to the magician guides plz

Reporting your own thread 6 times asking us to move it =/= a guarantee that we'll move it.

Not moved, because the guide lacks detail. If I knew nothing about the class, I'd have any number of questions that aren't answered here, such as...

1-8:Green Snails. This is a must. You can also do some quest for quicker leveling.

Which quests? The ones on Maple Island that require you to kill Orange Mushrooms? Claudia's hair gel quest? Should we do "A Lesson on Job Advancement" and "The Path of Magician"? Is there a certain level and percentage we should do them at (you can easily save yourself the extra 20-30 minutes of grinding to level 8 if you do Olaf's quests)?

10-15:Slimes at Slime Tree. Stay at the same place.

Where is that? Which tree are you referring to?

15-20 and 15-18. The Funded go to pigs and the non funded go to slime and orange mushrooms.

Where?

25-28:Ant Tunnel or PQ.

What should we kill?

This guide will stay in Works in Progress until it is developed further because it is very vague and not as newbie-friendly as it could be. Please work on it some more, and just report the thread once next time you think you're ready to have it moved. I encourage you to expand further than what I already found problems with.

Edited by Antagonist, 12 January 2008 - 09:38 PM.

#5 skypie12

skypie12

My hunter is my life!

• Official Member
  • 571 posts
  • IGN:chamsrock

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

I agree With that(^) very much. Also, could you please try to add a few levels into the second job while you are at it?

Coldplay is epic win! Anyone else agree?

#6 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts
  • IGN:Werfen

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

I can ask any person on Maple can ask a random person and get it faster than looking at this guide.

#7 Doomzor

Doomzor

{Sup4hl337kill4h}

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • IGN:Supahleet

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

/agree

The mage areas are well enough known that you can go run around henesys screaming WHERE DO I LEVEL AT ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users