• [1.0] - Introductions
  • [2.0] - Trainers
  • [3.0] - Levels and Prices
  • [4.0] - Secrets of Trainers
  • [5.0] - Becoming/Choosing a Trainer
  • [6.0] - Frequently Asked Questions
  • [7.0] - Credits
[1.0] - Introduction

You've probably been training in Henesys and saw lots of people saying "Need Trainer" and whatnot. Trainers are people who will level you up for Money. For instance, a Magician will level you up from level 8 to 9 for 4,000 mesos. Most people hire trainers because they are either too lazy to level up themselves, or they known Trainers can level them up faster than any way they can think of. This guide will explain all the things you know to hire a trainer, or even be a trainer yourself.

======================

[2.0] - Trainers

As explained in the Introduction, a Trainer is a person who will level you up for money or Fame. Fame can be a powerful thing, you can pay for Training in the lower levels with Fame. Traininers are supposed to be a higher level. Lower levels can train them, but thats rare. A mage should only be training someone even if their a lower level. If your thinking a "Trainer" is a class, they aren't. A Trainer is any class, a Bowman, Magician, Warrior, Thief, Beginner, anyone. The most populated Trainer is the Magician because of the sheer damage they have at the lower levels.

======================

[3.0] - Levels and Prices

Trust me, sometimes you will be ripped off. Trainers will sometimes want higher amounts of money than others. One person may level you up for 100k, another will level you up for 10k. This section i will tell you the usual and reasonable level prices.

Levels 2-10 - 2k-5k Per Level.
Levels 10-15 - 7k-12k Per Level.
Levels 15-20 - 15k-20k Per Level.
Levels 20-25 - 20k-25k Per Level.
Levels 25-30 - 30k-35k Per Level.
Levels 30-40 - 50k+

Once you hit level 30, it gets expensive. After level 40, its best to train on your own, you shouldn't train with a trainer. Usually you won't find a trainer that high of a level, or its faster exp by yourself.

======================

[4.0] - Secrets about the Trainers

Most trainers don't know that some of their "Trainees" actually lose very little money. You may be thinking, "I'm paying 65k, i'm losing very little money!?". Yes you are. Most Trainees loot the Trainers drops, you gain money that way. In the 30s, it'll take you a long time to level up, therefore you will collect a lot of drops. Rarely ever getting equips. I have once gotten over 50k in 25% thanks to equips. Always pick up loot, no matter its Monster Cards, or an Equip. If you ever get Leather, pick it up.

======================

[5.0] - Choosing/Becoming a Trainer

You should always research on trainers before becoming one. You may be defamed for your poor training prices. To become a trainer, you should be a reasonable level. If your planning on training level 10s, you should be level 20+, if you want to meet a good amount of money. When someone offers the fact you must level them up first, you should decline. Fame usually tells if the person is a scammer. People with 10+ fame are trustworthy, people with -1 Fame or lower are not trustworthy.
They should either pay first and you train them, or They pay half, you train half, you finish the training, they pay the rest.

If you want to choose a trainer, usually you don't have a choice. Usually its the "Hiring Trainer" thing. Sometimes you will get thieves, bowmen, mages, warriors. The slowest type of trainer is the warrior. You never want a trainer thats a lower level than you, unless its a Mage. Choose a Trainer that you think is a good one, and who offers a reasonable price. Some mages will offer a 10k-20k Price for even level 30s! You shouldn't be such a poor sport, offer them the regular price. They'll usually ask for Pots, anyway.

======================

[6.0] - Frequently Asked Questions

Q: You said to keep the Leathers, Why?
A:
You can turn them into Work Gloves, and sell them for over 15k. Maybe even 50k.

Q: A Cleric became my trainer, did i choose the right Trainer?
A: Yes, every trainer has their advantages. I/L mages train you fast, but use lots of mp. Clerics can heal you, so you can kill monsters too.

Q: My Trainer is asking for pots, what do i do!?
A: Either give him pots, or ask him to buy more.

======================

[7.0] - Credits

Blo0d:
Making this Guide mush1a.gif

Edited by Blo0d, 09 December 2007 - 01:39 PM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts
  • IGN:HolyOracle-Lv 90

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

Interesting...I've never heard of this before, or at least, only informally.

Do you have any data on the actual speed of trainer training versus regular training?

Posted Image

#3 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:55 PM

I've heard of this, but mostly as a scam. I'd be wary of anyone offering you this service, to be honest.
Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

#4 LetFireFall

LetFireFall

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3399 posts
  • IGN:1

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Personally I haven't seen anybody buy/sell training services beyond level 1-9
Posted Image

#5 godfromdfo

godfromdfo

Ribbon Pig

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • IGN:godfromdfo

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:01 PM

I asked someone to lvl me from lvl 8 to lvl 10 once =\\ lol, payed 1m..

I would never train someone for anything less then a mill... if someone came up to me and said they would give me 500k to train them .. I wouldn't even buff them.. lol

Edited by godfromdfo, 10 December 2007 - 08:02 PM.

#6 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

^ I hardly believe that unless you were just playing around or it was a friend, etcetera.

Also, the prices are rather high for actual beginners to the game. And there is no way to ensure a fair trade on either party.

Posted Image

#7 godfromdfo

godfromdfo

Ribbon Pig

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • IGN:godfromdfo

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:23 AM

Was funded -.-

#8 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:46 PM

Don't care. 1m for level 8 to 10 is extremely overpriced, but if you didn't care, well then why should I...your loss. And the fact that if you're funded level 8-10 takes around 30 minutes or less...at least much faster than being trained. Whatever, whatever.

Posted Image

#9 faithful4evr

faithful4evr

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:faithful4evr

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

I used to train ppl in Sleepywoods with my DK when he was 9x, but i did get scammed a few times. Anyways, i charged a whopping 100k a % and I made a few customers.

#10 Thunda

Thunda

My name is Steven.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3883 posts
  • IGN:HaItsNotOver

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:43 AM

Sounds interesting.

But I think exchange quest is a more direct way to get it done (or have two characters logged in, one training and the other leeching).

This is rather like trading fame though; no guarantees, as mentioned above.
Moved to Yellonde

MisaBiow (50) - HaItsNotOver (71) - ConceptFlaw (78)

~ Good times ~ Revelations ~ Dissonance ~ Fusion ~

Bellardia - SouthPerry - MapleTip - Basilmarket - Facebook

#11 Blo0d

Blo0d

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • IGN:Blo0dAv3ng3r (New Account)

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Blade Oracle @ Dec 9 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting...I've never heard of this before, or at least, only informally.

Do you have any data on the actual speed of trainer training versus regular training?

It depends. The level of your trainer always matters. I find trainers being faster. I'll use an I/L Mage for example.
Lets say you are a level 30 Spearman looking for a Trainer. You come across a level 40 I/L mage, he wants to train you at 50k Per Level. You can kill a rat in 5 hits, and it gives you 65 Exp.

An I/L Mage can kill 5 Ratz in the time it takes you to kill one, giving you 21 Exp each. 5x21 = 105 Exp. Therefore you gain 40 Exp more.

It all Depends on where you train, and what level your Trainer is.

#12 spongythingz

spongythingz

Jr. Necki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • IGN:celticwiz

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:12 AM

Blo0d,
I'm not sure that anyone would train another person from 30+ up another level for less than 100k. It takes a while and % wise exp becomes more expensive as you hit higher levels so you would hardly be giving up your hard earned exp for 50k.
Even so, a newbie would find it hard to pay 50k for exp.

Edit: I've never heard of this, but as I said, percentage wise, exp becomes more valuable as it take more time to train as you become higher levels so what the low leveled trainee would pay and the trainer would accept would be different. Unless you are funded ofcause.

Edited by spongythingz, 19 January 2008 - 02:16 AM.

My Internet Rapes

Bera
Main : spongysin Level 36 37 38 39 40
Money Slave : celticwiz Level 46 47 48 49 50

#13 Khaos

Khaos

MapleStory Freak

• Official Member
  • 2094 posts
  • IGN:Werfen

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:39 PM

I think I can speak for this.

After scimming through your guide, I don't think anyone would accept such a low price as the ones you meantioned. If you look at power leveling sites, you should see that they charge quite an amount. I don't need that much experience to play a class I've never made before. It takes me less than 5 minutes to start developing a pattern for any class, and to train anywhere.

FYI, fame determines nothing. Fame deterimes that you have enough money, or patience to have a high amount of of it.

#14 skypie12

skypie12

My hunter is my life!

• Official Member
  • 571 posts
  • IGN:chamsrock

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

i think that your prices are a little under priced. also, i've never seen anyone train people above level 15 unless it is their friend. but paying a person only 50K or so to level them up at level 30? took me about 2 hours(on the supposedly "slowest leveling class"). i would charge about 250k. but thats just me. anyway other than that your guide is very nice
Coldplay is epic win! Anyone else agree?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users