Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:05 PM
Looks like a nice guide , you love your saders dont ya mate xD.
Has he fixed all the bias comments etc
Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!
Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:31 PM
If you copy paste this into MS Word, it will point out the spelling errors. From what I can see, there are quite a few.
Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:56 PM
I copied my updated to the old one (1st post) and clicked edit.. waited like 15mins and it still didnt update.. so I thought maybe I should say just go to hidden street.. sorry, I will leave my computer on overnight tomorrow and try to edit the 1st post =]
EDIT: all post before this have been taken into consideration and will be fixed in V 2.0 thanks Blade&other people: I will get round to make it un-biased
Edited by godfromdfo, 09 December 2007 - 05:57 PM.
Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:20 PM
While I love being a sader, we are so not the best class, in terms of helpfulness we are pretty much at the bottom. Yes we have high damage, especially when you use Panic or Coma, but I find that I'd get a much better damage keeping 5 orbs and attacking with PS.
Plus, you guide talks about using shout as a mob skill. When shout is maxed it does 30% of your damage. 30% Is not enough to be used solely as a mob skill, shout is more usefully for the long stun it provides.
This elitist attitude is part of what makes me ashamed of being a Crusader, while I don't feel that way, people automatically assume that I'm an arrogant jerk. And though most people learn as their levels grow, you still see the high leveled people acting, or talking, like a low level (Or n00b, if you prefer). There is a difference between a newbie and a n00b, and I'm sorry, but the way you are close minded about other classes leads me to believe you might be the latter.
A persons playing style should reflect the class they pick (I like being a sader because I like being right up against the thing I'm killing, and Powerguard is another advantage in that respect). And while I've tried playing all the other classes, none of them felt as good as playing on my sader.
Unfortunately once people get into that mindset it's hard to reverse it. So, if you make a guild about saders being the best class, simply because they hit the highest every now and then (With the Xbow masters Snipe skill, we won't be able to claim to be the highest hitting class anymore), then I hope you enjoy yourself.
Maplestory is, unfortunately, very one sided about most things. Certain builds are rejected without much thought, even though it has it's advantages. Like for instance, I capped my dex at 120, while most other Warriors would laugh and call me an idiot, it fits wonderfully with my playing style, and that's all I care about. I still hit hard with PS and Panic, I can still train, I can still level, but the fact that I do not maximize my stats so I can do the highest possible damage (while also conforming to what everyone wants everyone else to be like) has gotten me cast out of any serious warrior discussions, and the fact that I use an axe doesn't help that either.
Anyway, I'd be glad if you could remake your guide without the bias, or, at least without so many incorrect facts. Saders are not the best class, nor am I going to go into an argument on what is. Maplestory is a game, and as a game, people should be playing for fun, not to see who can do the most damage. It's like why there was so many Spearmen being made while Tiger was in the top spot, or why so many people make hermits, only to complain that they are weaker or boast on how they are stronger.
A guide shouldn't be made without consideration of the other classes, and to me it sounds like you might only have ever played as a Sader, and maybe are a little dissapointed. but there is no need to justify yourself, if you don't bring attention to yourself, people will just accept you for what they see you as, which for some people is not enough.
So please fix it so more people won't come to Maplestory thinking we are the arrogant class, too many do already.
EDIT: Guess I spent too long typing that out >.< Don't be mad at my accusations, I already feel bad about them >.>
Edited by GhostArcher, 09 December 2007 - 06:22 PM.
Yes, that says Axe Hero. Don't like it? Tough.
And PhazeDoubt, a page wannabe
Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:20 AM
I will make it the least biased I can! the version on hs has updated... BUT after reading you're post im inspired to get wid of all the biased things in it. so I will update it now then post it on here =] (all post past this point wont be read until I'v updated it to 2.0)
EDIT: Ok, I have added 2.0 to Mapletip! =] Blade Oracle and thefurryone could you both please edit you're first posts? because the guide didnt seem to fit/upload on my first post.. so I put it on my first post and second post =] I hope you guys can find things I should fix from it. I look forward to you're help/suggestions.
Edited by godfromdfo, 10 December 2007 - 07:42 AM.
Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:46 PM
They actually do have the best melee damage, per anything, heh.
Either I misunderstood you the first time or something or other, but this build is the most common along with your Cheap / Health Build. You choose one or the other depending on how much you have for pot money.
Still true without the single hit thing. The single hit only applies to crusaders.
This one's untrue. Mages can hit a lot more with mobbing and elemental advantage, which 2nd job warriors don't have.
Here you probably want to mention the single hit thing.
Even though your own personal experience may have led to such a conclusion, it is in general untrue; ranged classes will always have the advantage.
Generally around 200k a level. Most by that level wouldn't consider that a lot.
Try editing your first post with the second half of your guide...it should fit.
Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:57 PM
Thanks Blade Oracle for pointing out a few more errors, I have
also made this guide a bit easier to read for forums.
please point out more things =]
Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:17 AM
1. You used too many *'s... o.O... try using brackets on some, or do new lines, and continue to do SINGLE '*'s on those. xD. For example (I'm not exactly sure which one of these are actually in your guide, since I have short-term memory... o.O) , skill builds, training spots, other information and party quests can all be counted as different sections. And when splitting between 1st job, 2nd job and 3rd job, do like... 3 blank lines...or something. xD. Remember: The little things count, eventually more so then the big ones. For example, using proper spelling and grammar, is much more important then adding pictures. xD. Obviously, have the guide finished is MORE important still, but... the rest should be left until last.
1. Most melee dmg in game. (Single hit wise.)
2. Great soloers
3. Level fast
4. when crusader you could reach over 50k dmg!
5. Don't need alot of funding
6. power Guard
7. Pretty fast swords/axes (Compared to spears..)
8. Rage, so you can do more dmg =]
9. Great against bosses, whenever a crusader goes
into zombie MM everyone CC's =]]
-why not be a fighter/Crusader? [2.3]
1. Because they are pretty hard...
2. Some think they are bad for mobbing, I don't think
they are because they have shout... but some people say
they are bad so w/e it's you're opinion.
3. Want to level fast
4. Don't have the time
These reasons are wrong. xD.
1. You mean single ENEMY wise. xD. They damage is well... 'average' when single hit. xD. It's only strong at 3rd job, just like EVERY SINGLE warrior... o.O...(P.S Disadvantage)
2. They level at the normal speed as everyone else... o.O.... depending who, maybe slower. xD.
3. Every 6 hits, once you reach around level 110, you mean. xD.
4. That's... not much of a reason... not many people.... even.... care about power guard...
5. HEY! NOT ONCE WE GET BOOSTER! (ish spearsman)
6. Not used much anymore, due to those darn warrior elixirs (I think they were called...) sold at NLC... you could keep it as a disadvantage AND a advantage though. (Disadvantage: warrior elixirs are stronger, advantage: cheaper)
7. Uh... no. No one would. Not really. you do average damage still. Slightly above, but still, average.
8. I don't get these... they don't make sense.... do you mean: ('Bold' means I added onto it. xD Italics means what I think))
1. They are hard to train because it is extremely boring having to get close to your opponent.
2. They're bad at mobbing (I don't think so, because they have shout (BUT SHOUT IS WEEEEEEEAAAAAAK))
3. Uh... wha? This and number 1 are the same thing...
4. This, number 3 AND number 1 are the same things...
Also to add/to remind you what I added, (to reduce bias (if that's the word...))
1. Rage is less useful now, because warrior elixirs are out.
2. They're horrid at mobbing, the only mob attacks they have are Slash Blast (a 1st job skill...) and Coma, which is only 130% weapon attack, but normal damage (according to your guide, I'm not bothered checking... >.<) Sure, Coma stuns, but doesn't it use up
They have quite a few more, but... I'm too sleepy to be thinking... xD.
Oh, and also, I recommend saving the skill points of Final Attack, because at levels 15-21 minus, its more of a nuisance...
P.S Do you want me to reformat your guide? xD. It's still YOUR guide, I just made it easier to read. xD.
Edited by XtraBlaze, 11 December 2007 - 06:19 AM.
Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:36 AM
also, I don't want this re-formatted xD because I want it to be easily read from a text file too.. =]
Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:51 PM
XtraBlaze had a TON of good points that you pretty much skipped over. Don't say that you don't see anything you could change, because he, like I said, pointed out some very obvious things that you missed which could make your guide better if you just took the time to revise it.
Edited by Pinkfurryone, 11 December 2007 - 03:09 PM.
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2 / Rock Band
Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:39 PM
Compared to most ranged classes, they are slower. Definitely slower when compared to I/L and Clerics.
You will assuredly not hit 50k at level 70 every single hit. I suppose you say "you have the potential to reach over 50k damage once you have 5 orbs" or something.
To disagree with XtraBlaze, power guard is extremely useful and those who don't care about it are rather misguided.
Most axes are slow, making them equivalent speed-wise to axes. Thus only swords can be deemed "rather fast."
And as I said before, your cons don't really make sense...
Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:48 PM
godfromdfo: Eh? He was AGREEING with me...? LOL.
Anyways, time for rewording, while I'm awake... o.O...
1. I have no idea... random. It's just since they don't mob or something. xD.
2. They level at the same pace as other classes, depending on which classes (such as dragon knights (mob, same damage as crusaders overall), ice/lightning mages and and priests), they may be slower.
3. They only do '50k damage' per 6 hits (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 combo ready, strike (6)) at around level 100 - 110 (depending on equipment, and if low DEX or not).
5. I was just saying something. xD.
6. Rage may be cheaper then warrior elixirs, but when you're level 70+, saving 24 380 mesos for 40 minutes, for 200 - 600 more damage PER HIT, FOR A CRUSADER, ain't much. xD. Sure it seems like alot, but not when you're at that level... you pick up more money when you're training then if you use those warrior elixirs.
And about your 'con'.
Crusader's only mob skill is 'Slash Blast'. An inferior skill that does 130% damage... 'not as good as dragon knights'? more like, MUCH weaker then dragon knights... 250% damage (polearm or hybrid) versus 130% damage? Uh... OR 510% (spear or hybrid) versus 130%... remember: you're a crusader, you WONT try for 6 monsters at once...
(Heh.... 510% damage... woah... most enemies... when you attack them... will probably be in 2s... o.O...)
Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:28 AM
I will stop working on this till after 2008 and thus this is complete.. =]
Bye, Hope you enjoy Christmas, Email me if you think I should change anything, kthxbai
Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:32 AM
Speaking of which, I'd highly recommend that you do take the advice of these people.
Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:02 PM
But Karen still owns at art. <3
Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:04 PM
Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:38 PM
Are you kidding? Please tell me you're kidding?
1. I want to know what level your crusader is.
http://mapleeurope.com for the European Version or
http://maplesea.com if you're over sea.
It's South East Asia. Technicly, over seas could be Europe is you live in North America...
Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:14 PM
so basically, unless you want to get 2% an hour you should go with a DK? No offence, but you're going to mislead a lot of poor saders.
But Karen still owns at art. <3
Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:17 PM
Panic: Description: Attack one monster with dark power. You can use this skill only when you equip the sword/axe and your Combo should be charged up.
Coma: Description: Enemy becomes Panicked when they get damaged. You can use this skill only when you equip the sword/axe and your Combo should be charged up.
How to calculate/tips on your damage with a maxed Panic, Coma, and Combo:
Panic is ~1225%, and so if you want to find the max/min damage, then multiply your max/min base with 12.25 (1225%)
Coma is ~700%, so do the same to find the max/min, except multiply your max/min base by 7(700%)
Coma hits up to 6 monsters, while Panic hits only 1
Taken from basilmarket Sader guide.
Honestly, why would you want to hit one monsters with high damage when you could hit up to 6 monsters?
If the crusader was meant to hit 1 monster at a time it'd be pretty hard to level it up (just like Spion mentioned).
The recommended builds are:
20 Armor crash
or (Relax way)
11 Armor crash
Honestly, if you don't have a crusader than don't make a sader guide. And if you don't have the basic knowledge of one I suggest you don't give any tips to newer players.
Even I don't know anything about the sader class but it's a no brainer to max the skill that allows you to level up fastest.
Interested in my MS character (even though I don't play)? lndoJabijinX
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users