60 replies to this topic

#21 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts
  • IGN:MrBrandini

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:10 AM

I am not giving her credit for anything, I typed everything in this guide and it was my labor.

Its not the same.
MrBrandini-Khaini-Level 43-Dex Islander

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#22 BlackShade

BlackShade

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 724 posts
  • IGN:EbuIIient

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(Cacophobia @ Dec 9 2007, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not giving her credit for anything, I typed everything in this guide and it was my labor.

Its not the same.

So if I re-make Maple Story, but I write it, it's mine?

Plus, you can't prove that you didn't Copy and Paste it.

Her design, give her credit.

Some people are like slinkies, they aren't really useful for anything, but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#23 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(BlackShade @ Dec 9 2007, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cacophobia @ Dec 9 2007, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not the same.

So if I re-make Maple Story, but I write it, it's mine?

Plus, you can't prove that you didn't Copy and Paste it.

Her design, give her credit.

I already said I am not going to do it.

The guide is mine, I borrowed the way she organized the drops, but thats like calling Americans stealers for using the English language or Christians stealers for believing in the Jewish god. I used a good thing she had but made it my own.

#24 MrSimpson

MrSimpson

MapleTip Whore

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 6635 posts
  • IGN:MrSimpson2

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:35 PM

The only thing he copied was the format, not the data. The format isn't even exactly the same. Besides, we have no rules against plagiarism.

Posted Image

#25 IndoX

IndoX

Rainbows ~!

• Respected Member
  • 2516 posts
  • IGN:-

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

I am absolutely TIRED of the BlackShade vs. Cacophobia arguments. Seriously, can't you guys just ignore each other and not reply/post in each others threads?

On Topic: I have to say, I loove the guide - it makes me wanna make an islander. mush1k.gif Maybe I will... sometime in the far future mush1j.gif

Interested in my MS character (even though I don't play)? lndoJabijinX

#26 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(indojabijin @ Dec 9 2007, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-it makes me wanna make an islander. mush1k.gif Maybe I will... sometime in the far future mush1j.gif

If you ever do, let me know. There is a place for you in Khaini.

#27 12Cleric

12Cleric

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:12cleric

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

hello ppl. I was reading this guide because i want to make an islander. But i have a doubt about the weapons. One day, i was trying to make a begginer. i was in maple island and i ask a begginer in lvl 40-47 (i dont remember the exactly lvl) to help me. He had a maple sword. What i want to know is how he got the maple sword. I think that for u is a newb question but i have been playing maple story 1 year and i dont know that. i want to know how people have maple sword or valentine roses in maple isalnd.

please tell me mush1n.gif

Thank u

#28 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

You get those maple weapons that drop during the Maple Anniversary event. You get the roses during the Valentines event.

#29 12Cleric

12Cleric

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:12cleric

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:26 AM

cool, Thank u.

i think im going to create an islander...

well, ill think about it..

thank u again mush1q.gif

#30 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:08 PM

No problem, tell me how that turns out.

#31 BlackShade

BlackShade

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

~Don't take this as an insult, just some consructive critisim, please.~

QUOTE(Cacophobia @ Nov 5 2007, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strength Islanders:
Strength Islanders are Islanders who add Strength as their main ability point.
  • Advantages: The main and popular advantage of this build is the high damage at lower levels. This makes training until level 15 or so very easy. They get higher HP than dex islanders.
  • Disadvantages: The disadvantage obvious to high leveled Strength Islanders is the unstable damage. You will not be able to one hit kill Orange Mushrooms 100% of the time until you are 4x. A lot of people become Hybrids after level 20 or so. They get lower MP than dex Islanders.
Dex Islanders:
Dexterity Islanders are Islanders that add mostly Dex.
  • Advantage: Dex Islanders have very stable damage. This will give them a better idea where the best place for them to train is. They are also the first build to be able to 1 hit kill every monster on the island. In your mid 20's your leveling speed will be faster than the other islanders and even faster if you have a white rose. Dex Islanders also get high avoidability. They get higher MP than strength islanders.
  • Disadvantage: The disadvantage that makes a lot of people turn away from this build is the slow leveling speed for the first 20 levels. They get lower HP than strength islanders.
How do Pure DEX Islanders get more MP?
I think under Pure DEX Islanders, you should add in how their max damage is really low, compared to a Pure STR.
Until level 15? I haven't measured it, but I'm pretty sure Pure DEX level slower until they get a Min around 65-80. You grinded away at Split up until around 30, right? By fallowing that training routine, DEXless would get a crap load of mesos, just because the Exp:Meso ratio for snails is so godly. You also had the chance of finding Ice Jeans, which would be very beficial to your pockets.
A Pure STR with an average Soul Singer would have, without a Maple Helm, or DEX shoes, a min of 80 at level 73... Lmao. Snail has a min of 55 or so at 43 though. weirdface7ut.gif

Heh, all I got to say. weirdface7ut.gif
I'm thinking of (trying) to write somewhat of a guide, so I'ma read over yours to get an idea of what you've got covered.

Some people are like slinkies, they aren't really useful for anything, but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#32 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

I forgot the formula but if you have a certain amount if dex your mp will be higher, every time you level up or every few level ups you will get 1 or 2 mp added automatically. If you don't believe me, compare a pure str stats to one of my screenies of myself provided on the guide.

Dex islanders level extremely fast when they get a minimum of 40-45, meaning one hit killing red snails 100% of the time and two hit killing orange mushrooms 100% of the time.

If I take your suggestion on adding that dex islanders have low max damage I will also have to add the fact that strength islanders have very low min damage. I will considering adding this information.

Why would there be a need for another guide? Is my guide lacking something?

#33 BlackShade

BlackShade

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Cacophobia @ Jan 20 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I forgot the formula but if you have a certain amount if dex your mp will be higher, every time you level up or every few level ups you will get 1 or 2 mp added automatically. If you don't believe me, compare a pure str stats to one of my screenies of myself provided on the guide.

Really? First I've ever heard of that. Lol.
I always thought INT boosted MP. weirdface7ut.gif

QUOTE(Cacophobia @ Jan 20 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would there be a need for another guide? Is my guide lacking something?

I haven't read it to the end, so I couldn't say it lacks something, but having different people's views on the same subject can help people new to it. mush1n.gif

Plus, only one Guide in the Beginner's section makes it look... sad. mush1d.gif

You should write a Vic-Beginner Guide! mush1q.gif
More guides here, and it's not like you lack experiance(sp).

#34 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:33 PM

Int does boost MP, but so does dex. I have no clue which one boosts more but a safe guess would be that int is the bigger booster.

I recommend you read posts and guides fully before you comment on them. I don't feel like making an Off-Islander guide at the moment.

#35 BlackShade

BlackShade

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Cacophobia @ Jan 20 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Int does boost MP, but so does dex. I have no clue which one boosts more but a safe guess would be that int is the bigger booster.

I recommend you read posts and guides fully before you comment on them. I don't feel like making an Off-Islander guide at the moment.

I'm commenting on it as I read. mush1k.gif

Also, I love the Magelander part:
Magelanders:
Magelanders are Islanders that add 55 int and 20 luck so they will be able to equip a Metal Wand. Afterwards they follow one of the builds mentioned above or they add Pure MP so they can use the skills Three Snails more often. People pick this class because they think a beginner with a wand is very erotic.
slime1.gif

#36 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

Glad you like magelanders.

Tell me when you're done reading so I can read a more complete review if you decide to make one.

#37 BlackShade

BlackShade

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

I likes it! mush1i.gif
Though, you could go into more detail on cycling maps.
If you have a MSEA account, you can explore the MSEA maps, and write up abit about training with Pigs, Slimes, and Stmps. mush1z.gif

Oh, and a Quest section would be nice. You can get a few hundred Exp from quest, as well as a nice Fruit Knife.

If it were my guide, I'd also add in a bit about merchanting. Amazing how much you can get from people when you find what they collect.

Edited by BlackShade, 20 January 2008 - 05:53 PM.

#38 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

I will not mention stuff from MSEA or any other version of Maple Story since I do not play it. A quest section would be better for a newbie guide, not an Islander guide, we are to assume Islanders reading this are not new to the game, just new to the class.

Merchanting is more of an unofficial social aspect of the Islandering experience and as far as I know most people don't bother scamming or trying to make money on the Island.

#39 BlackShade

BlackShade

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(Cacophobia @ Jan 20 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Merchanting is more of an unofficial social aspect of the Islandering experience and as far as I know most people don't bother scamming or trying to make money on the Island.

True, but even a simple "Most Wanted" list would help. People new to the class probably don't expect 10% Helm DEF Scrolls to be worth over 100k. Lol?

SEA thing makes sense too.

#40 Cacophobia

Cacophobia

Iron Hog

• Official Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

If you want to make a SEA guide go ahead.

"Most wanted" seems like a good idea. I might add that tag to certain items on the list of items on my guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users