Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:BandofSnow

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

Henesys PQ Advanced Techniques:
1) Organizing a team
• My recommendation is a party of 3 members, this is for luring only. Luring will be covered later in this guide
• I would recommend 4-6 for a fighting PQ (beginner level).

2) Finding the colors
• Look at the picture below and memorize it. The colors correspond to the actual colors of the primrose seeds found by that plant.

• Now with a 3 person luring team follow these each colored box corresponds to 1 person on the team. The top 1 and 2 can be hunted by the other 2 people who only have 3.

• To plant them here’s a nice little “picature” for you.

3) The (dis)advantages of Luring
• If done correctly can be done in less then 2.5minutes
• You need to be pro at organization to make a pq less then 5 minutes
• Luring should be done with people who will listen // know how.
• Luring can be combined with smuggling but that is against the ToS as it is not intended in normal Maplestory gameplay.*
• No work involved just basically sitting still

4) The (dis)advantages of Attacking
• Generally “easier” for those who are new to pqing.
• A LOT slower when you are pro
• Requires a lot of energy (im lazy)

5) How to lure
• Unlucky for you I am not a very good explainer, to do this you must be fairly attentive.
• To start when the monsters are spawned, equip a very weak weapon and smack then in the duck position to do the least damage.
• Now once you hit a few of them run and you will have a few following you (note everyone in you party of three should have done this assign one person to go back and hit more)
• Once your retriever has gone back and got the stragglers you are now able to just run around and every once and awhile hit them with duck
• Assign another person to get the ones who run away while being lured they will be standing on one of the platforms to the left or right of the bunny.
• Continue doing this for about 20 seconds and all of the cakes should have dropped (note please do not pick any up until all 10 are dropped)
• The reason you wait for the 10 cakes to be dropped is that
a. When you run to pick them up more then likely some of your “followers” will go to the bunny
b. The cakes seem to drop a lot faster when don’t pick up for awhile (my experience)

* I do not condone this, though it is VERY fast leveling, however I have tested this and it does work (note I was not the one smuggling I didn’t even know we had smuggled)

Edited by Ktk_, 13 April 2008 - 02:04 PM.

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

• Luring should be done with people who will listen losers will just kill them monsters like idiots

Topic: DON'T KILL THEM YOU NOOB

Oooh. Now that topic makes sense.

There's certainly no need at all to be rude. You act as though you were born with this knowledge and have a right to be a jerk just because some Maplers have not yet been informed of this tactics existence. Surely, there was a point in time when you did not know of it either, but I guess now that you do you can sit on your gigantic ego and bash Maplers for something that is not their fault. [/rant]

Kindness and understanding goes along way. That's the reason guides exist in the first place, correct?

-Ahem- Sorry, touchy subject. While the guide does not offer any easy explanations, I assume the point of "luring" is to just attack the monsters with a weak weapon to get their attention, and then move away from the bunny so he can make rice cakes undisturbed. Killing the monsters only spawns even more, so I can see the advantage to that.

I also didn't know certain plants dropped certain colors of seeds.

Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

#3 ShadowSan

ShadowSan

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:47 PM

I did not mean that line with venom it was just me remembering all the times that i tried to teach people but the just wouldnt listen it was so sad T-T

#4 Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • IGN:ーPierrotー

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

-Claps- Every single person this educates about luring, is a job well done.
It is annoying to waste 2minutes while outside educating everyone about luring, to have them 'not listening' and simply go in smack around the monsters, piss me off, and have me leave the HPQ just to kick them out and defame them. (Yes they piss me off).

Anyhow, I'm not so sure how accurate the numbers are up there for the bottom part, as far as I was aware, they all drop all the seeds, but if your method works, I'll start using it ASAP, thanks for that tad of info.

One more thing to add is, smuggling can be a pain in the love, so you better have someone dedicated and experienced to do so (You should probably link to a smuggling guide), and yea it's godly experience.

You should also have left an explanation of why exactly leaving them there is best, the reason is that the more there is, the faster the bunny produces, it's quite awkward, and only happens for the ones that are on the cloud.

Thanks for the awesome guide (4 stars I'd say)
ーPierrotー - Level (レブル) 2x Star-Thief (Night Lord in the making)

#5 ShadowSan

ShadowSan

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:57 PM

Well ive done about 20 pqs with just recording plant droppings. From my observations the plants never drop anything different than that.

#6 Randallrocks

Randallrocks

Bain

• Respected Member
  • 1767 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

I normally attack, unless I have less that 4 mins left. Here is my normal conversation:

Me: DON'T KILL THE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other Guys: <ignoring me and killing the stuff>
Me: NOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other Guys: <defames>
Me: Ok, we made it, now let's rush.
Other Guys: <ignores> C'MON, CLICK ON TOMMY SO WE CAN GET INTO BONUS!!!!
Me: ...

any of you guys have this happen to you a lot?

#7 Eternal

Eternal

Mushmom

• Official Member
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Eternith

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

That's the reason I quited HPQing when I was below lv20. All in all, it's a PQ made for nubs so it full of em.
<>

#8 meddy

meddy

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • IGN:Ultimagex23 & MeddySpear

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

Same here HPQ rounds up a lot of noobs and i never knew how complex HPQ got over the past 6 months i havent done it o_0. *in old man reminicing voice* Lures?? we didnt have those back in the grand old days we had beaters the people who went and did all the muscle work...............*old guy rambles on* lol
MY CHARACTERS

BROA~
Ultimagex23 level 47 Cleric [active] Maxed Heal working on Bless

MeddySpear level 27 Warrior [active] KPQing my way to the top

I had a bad feeling about this test....

#9 archdrag5

archdrag5

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:DeathhandX

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:50 AM

well done!
i didnt really know how luring exactly worked until now (the details), so thx for making this guide
I didnt know the bunny could drop the cakes extra fast
Anyway, time to go organize a lure pq party with my warrior...
cool people are overrrated.

Java makes the world go round. :P

South Koreans FTW!!!!
While Kirby Dances.
<(-_-<) <(-_-)> (>-_-)>

#10 itsztommy

itsztommy

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • IGN:VietxPr0z

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

Thank you for this guide. Even though I remember the colors & I already know how to lure. But thanks anyways. [:

#11 Ktk_

Ktk_

Starcraft 2, Penspinning, etc.

• Mapletip Veterans
  • 3909 posts
  • IGN:KtkSword

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Smuggling is not supported here as it is against the Terms of Service of Maplestory. It is glitch abusing. Mapletip is agianst that. [Otherwise the guide is fine.]

EDIT:

And why make a guide when there are already a few others?

Edited by Ktk_, 13 April 2008 - 02:07 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Robates

Robates

Pwning Dit of GMS!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • IGN:Robates

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

....I like this PQ when you have a pro lurer. Unfortunately, there are always noobs who seem to kill.....anyway, 1600 EXP isn't really worth it for 10 minutes, depending on what level you are. Luring > Killing, as with killing it takes 3-6 minutes for the MB to make 10 RCs

#13 Banditman773

Banditman773

I MADE IT TO LEVEL 70 + CB!

• Official Member
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:SinditGuy7

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(ShadowSan @ Oct 19 2007, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow! i never knew each plant only dropped 1 color!!!!!!
that is a huge help for when i make a new player! THANK YOU!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users