13 replies to this topic

#1 XtraBlaze

XtraBlaze

Veritas

• Official Member
  • 563 posts
  • IGN:xNecrolight

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

First off, I have no idea how to start these things, so I'll just get straight to the guide.
Why would you be a bandit? (Pros and Cons)
Pros:
  • Not many bandits around... (More original)
  • Savage Blow does 60% damage (of your regular damage) 6 times at max! That's no error, 6 times! That's 360% damage!
  • Assassins are stuck with Lucky Seven until level 70...
  • Rouges/thieves attack fast.
  • You get 18 Dark Sight, unlike assassins, who get level 10 Dark Sight. (You can also max Dark Sight with your 2nd job points if you want)
Cons:
  • Bandits are prone to be KSed, especially in level 10 - 40ish.
  • You use lots of MP and HP potions, due to Savage Blow costing 27 MP and your attack range is even shorter than 1 handed swords.
  • You take longer to reach monsters than assassins.
  • It's hard to knockback higher level monsters.
  • Chief Bandits literally explode mesos.

Still want to become a bandit? Well keep reading!

Stats are Rollin' and Showin'
STR: 4/5 (Unless STR bandit, then any)
DEX: Any
INT: 4/5
LUK: Any

This is what you SHOULD get when you roll your stats. First, get 25 DEX. Then follow this (until level 10):

'Cutter' Bandit (AKA: STR Bandit):
STR: Level - 10, until level 60. Then every 2nd level, add 1 STR.
DEX: Level x2, until level 40, then DEX +1 for each level. But for the levels up to 10, DEX 25 (You need 25 DEX to become an Rogue/Bandit)
INT: Keep at 4/5.
LUK: The rest of your skill points (AKA: As high as you can get).

'Dagger' Bandit (AKA: Normal Bandit):
STR: Keep at 4/5.
DEX: Level x2, until level 40, then DEX +1 for each level. But for the levels up to 10, DEX 25 (You need 25 DEX to become an Rogue/Bandit)
INT: Keep at 4/5.
LUK: The rest of your skill points (AKA: As high as you can get).

You got that? Okay. Now for level 10, 11, and 12, add ALL your points into LUK if you're a normal bandit, or Level - 10 for STR and rest into LUK if you're a STR bandit. For level 13, Add 1 DEX, 3 LUK and 1 STR for STR bandits, or 1 DEX, 4 LUK for normal bandit. Then just follow the above skill guide. Phew, that was confusing to write.

Job Advancement
Requirements
Level 10
DEX 25

Go to the Fusion Jazz Bar in Kerning City and talk to 'Dark Lord' and tell him you want to become a Rogue. You're done.

Skills and Drills- I mean, Build
For the skills, they'll be set up like this:
SKILL NAME
Required Skills: (Unless none) NAME, Level #.
What it does: BLAHBLAHBLAH
My Opinion: BLAHBLAHBLAH
Rating: #/10, A/B/C/D/E/F

Nimble Body
<div align="left">What it does: Raises Accuracy and Avoidability.
</div>My Opinion: Not really needed, I recommend getting Dark Sight maxed instead of this. But it's still slightly useful. You're still getting it at level 18 - 20 anyways, not much of a difference if you max it or not.
Rating: 3/10, D.

Keen Eyes
Required Skill: Nimble Body, level 3.
What it does: Raises attack range of claws/stars.
My Opinion: NEVER used for a normal bandit. Waste of skill points.
Rating: 0/10, F.

Disorder
What it does: The weapon attack and weapon defense of an opponent decreases, and makes them stop attacking you.
My Opinion: Underrated. Not many people realize it can save you potions by making enemies stop chasing you. Sure, it saves you some potions if an strong opponent is closing in, but other than that, it's useless.
Rating: 5/10, D.

Dark Sight
Required Skill: Disorder, level 3.
What it does: Hides you from PHYSICAL attacks (NOT magic!) so you don't take damage.
My Opinion: A extremely useful skill. It's actually a skill that has to do with a 4th job skill...
Rating: 8/10, A.

Double Stab
What it does: Attacks twice with a dagger. (MP 14)
My Opinion: A MUST have for bandits. It's weaker than Savage Blow, but against weaker enemies, using this instead saves you money.
Rating: 10/10, A.

Lucky Seven
What it does: Throws two stars at an enemy. (MP 16)
My Opinion: POINTLESS for bandits, we don't use stars.
Rating: 0/10, F.

Skill Points Distribution
Level 10: 1 Double Stab
Level 11: 3 Double Stab
Level 12: 3 Double Stab
Level 13: 3 Double Stab (Level 10)
Level 14: Save Skill Points
Level 15: Save Skill Points
Level 16: 9 in Double Stab (Level 19)
Level 17: 1 in Double Stab (MAX), 2 in Nimble Body (Level 2)
Level 18: 3 in Disorder (Level 3)
Level 19: 3 in Dark Sight
Level 20: 3 in Dark Sight
Level 21: 3 in Dark Sight
Level 22: 3 in Dark Sight
Level 23: 3 in Dark Sight
Level 24: 3 in Dark Sight
Level 25: 2 in Dark Sight (MAX) OR 2 in Nimble Body (Level 4)
Level 26: 3 in Nimble Body
Level 27: 3 in Nimble Body
Level 28: 3 in Nimble Body
Level 29: 3 in Nimble Body
Level 30: 3 in Nimble Body (Level 18 OR Level 20)

Why Nimble Body last? Because each point only adds 1 Accuracy and Avoidability. Not much... Dark Sight can help against the monsters you're SUPPOSE to train on... OH! And...

Training Locations
1 - 10: Snails and Blue Snails on Maple Island. (Do the quests while you can)
10 - 15: Talk to Olaf and finish his quest, then talk to him about advancing to an 'Rogue'. Train on Slimes or Snails at Henesys Hunting Ground AFTER you become an 'Rogue' at Kerning City in the 'Fusion Jazz Bar'.
15 - 20: Go to Ellinia and train at Southern Dungeon: I (or something) for Slimes or train on Orange Mushrooms at Henesys or train at Hidden Street: Pig Beach.
20 - 25: Train on Green Mushrooms at Southern Dungeon... (Help: What was the map called with the slimes and green mushrooms...)
25 - 30: Kerning PQ or Horny Mushrooms and Green Mushrooms at the Southern Dungeon (Help: What was the map called with the Horny and green mushrooms...)

Part II: The Bandit

Congratulations! You've either made it to level 30, or did the smart thing and read ahead. Either way, congratulations!

Job Advancement
Requirements:
Level 30 Rogue.

Recommendations:
Around 50 - 75 Orange/White potions.
Around 25 - 50 Blue potions.

Okay, first talk to 'Dark Lord' again. He will say stuff about you being stronger blah blah blah. He will tell you to go to the 'Thief Job Advancement Instructor' who is left of Kerning City. So enter that portal, and go to the top of the construction site. Talk to him, and he will send you to a map with octopie and weakened cold eyes. Each drops 1 'Dark Marble'. Defeat 30, and get the dark marbles, then talk to the instructor and he with give you (Help: ITEM NAME NEEDED). GO back to dark lord and talk to him, and select 'Bandit' NOT 'Assassin' BE CAREFUL! YOU CAN NOT CHANGE CLASS! So if you choose 'Bandit' like you're suppose to, read on! If you choose 'Assassin' well... RESTART. You don't have an attack skill to use to get to level 70. At least you have money and items to give to your new account... right? (And a Kerning City Party Quest pure...)

Skills of a Bandit
They'll be listed the same way the first job skills are.

Dagger Mastery
What it does: Raises mastery and accuracy.
My Opinion: Probably the MOST important skill of ANY class. Mastery determines the minimum damage you can do which makes your damage more stable.

Endure
What it does: Increases the recovery of HP and MP, even if you're on a ladder.
My Opinion: It's alright. If you AFK while on a rope or ladder, you can keep healing. It's not needed, but useful.
Rating: 6/10, C.

Dagger Booster
Required Skill: Dagger Mastery, Level 5.
What it does: Increases attack speed of dagger.
My Opinion: A important skill. It raises daggers speed to 'Fastest'. Even though daggers are already 'Fast', you'll still notice the difference. But for daggers, it's not much of an difference. Still, you MUST max it.
Rating: 8/10, B (For 'Booster'. Lol.).

Haste
What it does: Raises 'Speed' (2 Speed each skill level) and 'Jump' (1 Jump each skill level) when casted. Party skill.
My Opinion: A MUST have. It's what prevents bandits from getting KSed. Not to mention that it's a party skill.

Steal
Required Skill: Haste, Level 5.
What it does: Steals aan item from a monster. Only 1 steal each monster, but you can try to steal as many times as you want.
My Opinion: Not very useful, you COULD steal some good items, but... the chances are low.
Rating: 4/10, D.

Savage Blow: Dagger
What it does: Attacks multiple times with a dagger.
My Opinion: It's the skill that bandits use the most. Even when you're a Chief Bandit, you still use this skill sometimes. Problem: The MP cost is 27 when it's maxed...
Rating: 9/10, A.

Now, they're two skill build for bandits. The Endure build and the Steal build. Choose the build you want. No one will notice the difference anyways.

Skill Build: Endure
Level 30: 1 Dagger Mastery
Level 31: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 32: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 33: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 34: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 35: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 36: 3 Dagger Mastery (Level 19)
Level 37: Save 3 Skill Points
Level 38: Save 3 Skill Points
Level 39: Save 3 Skill Points
Level 40: Save 3 Skill Points
Level 41: Save 3 Skill Points
Level 42: Save 3 Skill Points
Level 43: 21 Savage Blow
Level 44: 3 Savage Blow
Level 45: 3 Savage Blow
Level 46: 3 Savage Blow (MAX)
Level 47: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 48: 1 Dagger Booster (Level 4), 2 Haste
Level 49: 3 Haste
Level 50: 3 Haste
Level 51: 3 Haste
Level 52: 3 Haste
Level 53: 3 Haste
Level 54: 3 Haste (MAX)
Level 55: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 56: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 57: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 58: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 59: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 60: 1 Dagger Booster (MAX), 2 Endure (Level 2)
Level 61: 3 Steal (Level 3)
Level 62: 3 Endure
Level 63: 3 Endure
Level 64: 3 Endure
Level 65: 3 Endure
Level 66: 3 Endure
Level 67: 3 Endure (MAX)
Level 68: 3 Steal
Level 69: 3 Steal
Level 70: 3 Steal (Level 10)
Total Skill Points: 121

Note: You can swap the first 4 'Dagger Booster' levels for 'Haste' if you want to.

<div align="center">Skill Build: Steal
Level 30: 1 Dagger Mastery
Level 31: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 32: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 33: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 34: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 35: 3 Dagger Mastery
Level 36: 3 Dagger Mastery (Level 19)
Level 43: 21 Savage Blow
Level 44: 3 Savage Blow
Level 45: 3 Savage Blow
Level 46: 3 Savage Blow (MAX)
Level 47: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 48: 1 Dagger Booster (Level 4), 2 Haste
Level 49: 3 Haste
Level 50: 3 Haste
Level 51: 3 Haste
Level 52: 3 Haste
Level 53: 3 Haste
Level 54: 3 Haste (MAX)
Level 55: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 56: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 57: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 58: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 59: 3 Dagger Booster
Level 60: 1 Dagger Booster (MAX), 3 Endure (Level 2)
Level 61: 3 Steal
Level 62: 3 Steal
Level 63: 3 Steal
Level 64: 3 Steal
Level 65: 3 Steal
Level 66: 3 Steal
Level 67: 3 Steal
Level 68: 3 Steal
Level 69: 3 Steal
Level 70: 3 Steal (MAX)
Total Skill Points:121

Note: You can swap the first 4 'Dagger Booster' levels for 'Haste' if you want to.

Why save Skill Points to put in Savage Blow? Because at level 20 (Any below is even worst):
Total Damage: 240%
MP Cost: 18

And Double Stab is:
Total Damage: 260%
MP Cost: 14

Do you understand? It's pointless using Savage Blow below level 20. At level 21, however:
Total Damage: 372%
MP Cost: 27

So Double Stab will still be used sometimes to save MP.... but against strong enemies... Anyways,

Training Locations
30: Do your last Kerning City PQs, and say your goodbye or train at Horny and Undead Mushrooms at the Ant Tunnel.
31 - 33: Train at Undead and Horny Mushrooms at the Ant Tunnel.
33 - 37: Keep training at Undead and Horny Mushrooms or go to the Jr. monsters at Orbis: The Road to The Garden of Three Colours.
37 - 45: Train at Ludi at the map Hidden Factory, or go to Ludi PQ.
45 - 50: Continue training at Ludi PQ, or go to Block Golems and Dark Block Golems at the left tower of Ludi.
50 - 60: Say goodbye to Ludi and go to the right tower and keep going down until you reach Mu Lung (I think...) and train at the Straw Dummies.
60 - 70: Train at Forest of Golem (Sleepywood) or go to Gryphons at New Leaf City.

To Add:
Picture of where some of the hard to find training locations are.
Picture of where the 'Fusion Jazz Bar' is.
Part III: Chief Bandit
Get the names of the 'Southern Dungeons'.
The thing that the instructor gives you for the dark marbles...

Part III: Chief Bandit will probably take a while to be added, so don't hold your breath...
</div>

Edited by XtraBlaze, 09 October 2007 - 06:38 AM.

IM BACCK?!

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts
  • IGN:HolyOracle-Lv 90

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:11 PM

Another con: less chance of knockback.

Couple of spelling things: rogue, then (Than follow this (until level 10))

And you will want to max dark sight in the future, for GPQ and assassinate, as you mentioned.

Not bad so far. Eat breakfast now!

Posted Image

#3 ashin13

ashin13

Wraith

• Official Member
  • 514 posts
  • IGN:Time will tell.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:16 PM

Well this guide seems pretty clean. Blade Oracle seems to have spotted all the problems, but they are very minor mush1k.gif.

Can't wait to see the Bandit part!

#4 XtraBlaze

XtraBlaze

Veritas

• Official Member
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:31 PM

xD I'm writing it this very moment. xD I'll add a 'To Add' section after I finish the bandit part. But anyways:

To Add:
Picture of where some of the hard to find training locations are.
Picture of where the 'Fusion Jazz Bar' is.
Part III: Chief Bandit
Get the names of the 'Southern Dungeons'.
The thing that the instructor gives you for the dark marbles...
IM BACCK?!

#5 ashin13

ashin13

Wraith

• Official Member
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:01 AM

Haha, can't wait!

By the way, you might want to clean up some of these "</div>" that are poking around your guide mush1k.gif

#6 XtraBlaze

XtraBlaze

Veritas

• Official Member
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:26 AM

Sorry, I wonder why those appeared... o.O... that always happens when I edit my posts... anyways, Part II: The Bandit has been completed!

Edit: ARGH! I CAN'T GET RID OF THE CODES >.< It keeps saying 'The number of opening tags and closing tags isn't the same' or something >.<.

Edited by XtraBlaze, 09 October 2007 - 12:35 AM.

IM BACCK?!

#7 ashin13

ashin13

Wraith

• Official Member
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:35 AM

Hmm, once again pretty clean. Just some minor typos though.

"Gryphons at Perion." Might want to change that to New Leaf City. (This is in the 60-70 training spot section).

Edited by ashin13, 09 October 2007 - 12:35 AM.

#8 XtraBlaze

XtraBlaze

Veritas

• Official Member
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:37 AM

XD. Why did I write Perion... o.O... anyways, can anyone help me with the BBCodes...? o.O... I can't get rid of them.
IM BACCK?!

#9 FFTAmaster92

FFTAmaster92

Jr. Necki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • IGN:FireKaliber

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:19 AM

Im pretty sure Savage blow does 80% of your normal damage not 60%.

But other then that it is really good.
Windia Characters
FireKaliber
MetalKaliber
AirKaliber

Mardia Characters
WindKaliber

My SinDit Guide.

If you are a person that doesn't like to follow guides that are a little bit off of the traditional path of things then DO NOT look that the guide above. All you will be doing is post something that will bash it and I really do not like it when people bash work of mine that I KNOW is correct.

#10 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:46 PM

He's right...it is indeed 80% damage. Just gets better doesn't it?

Fast goes to faster =P

Saving points for savage blow isn't really necessary because you could simply put points into it and not use it. Or if you're relatively funded, you just use it when it does more damage than double stab.
I find that putting 5-9 points into booster early really helps with training, and after you've enough points in it, you'll never train with it off.

Posted Image

#11 Vitalis

Vitalis

Ribbon Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • IGN:Vytalxo

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:18 PM

Savage Blow does 60% damage (of your regular damage) 6 times at max! That's no error, 6 times! That's 360% damage!

As a con, you may want to add that a monster's defense is also applied six times to Savage Blow.

Assassins are stuck with Lucky Seven until level 70...

More of an opinion there. Not a 'true' pro. Some people may prefer L7 over SB.

Rouges/thieves attack fast.

Again, this is not a Bandit pro as you're referring to both Assassins and Bandits.

You get 18 Dark Sight, unlike assassins, who get level 10 Dark Sight. (You can also max Dark Sight with your 2nd job points if you want)

Incorrect. An Assassin's skill build can vary due to personal preference. I maxed out Dark Sight during first job, and poured in a few points into Nimble Body in my late 60's.

Nimble Body:
Rating: 3/10, D.

You're still getting it at level 18 - 20 anyways, not much of a difference if you max it or not.

You contradicted yourself in that statement. If you're going to max it at 18-20, then why post you don't need to max it?

Level 14: Save Skill Points

No need to save skill points. You're going to use up those Mana Points in a level or two, right?

Endure
What it does: Increases the recovery of HP and MP, even if you're on a ladder.
My Opinion: It's alright. If you AFK while on a rope or ladder, you can keep healing. It's not needed, but useful.
Rating: 6/10, C.

A common misconception with endure is that people believe it only comes into affect when the person is AFK. This is not true. When maxed, it adds to the recovery rate of HP and MP while a person fights as well. As a Bandit's MP Recovery rate is at best, mediocre, this skill could help greatly.

There is no need to save SP points. You're going to weaken yourself further if you're stuck with Double Stab for seven levels.

But for daggers, it's not much of an difference. Still, you MUST max it.

Another contradiction. If the speed difference doesn't show, why does it have to be a must max skill?

The speed difference is also very noticeable with daggers.

* Chief Bandits literally explode mesos.

Bandits also waste tons of mesos using Savage Blow and buying so many HP Potions. Not just CBs.

A pet peeve of mine is when people refer to 'traditional' builds as the 'normal build,' as you've stated in your guide. There are no normal builds. It's all down to personal preference.

You might also want to add what the pros and cons of a STR Bandit are, versus a traditional Bandit rather than having a skill build up without explaining what a STR Bandit is.

Just my two cents. :P It's a great guide so far, and I can't wait to see the finishing touches. Keep it up!

~ Vitalis
V I T A L I S

#12 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts
  • IGN:kevinpyr

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(Vitalis @ Oct 10 2007, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a con, you may want to add that a monster's defense is also applied six times to Savage Blow.

Another common misconception. Monster defense is subtracted from your base damage before it goes through the damage multipliers.
CODE
Let x be your maximum damage (from the ability screen) and d be the damage reduction from monster defense. Then your maximum damage by using a skill is:

Using a 6 hit 80% skill:
(x - d) * 0.8 * 6 = 4.8(x-d)

Using a one hit 480% skill:
(x - d) * 4.8 = 4.8(x-d)

If anything, the 6 hits stabilize Savage Blow damage. You very rarely hit your max, but you also very rarely hit your minimum. (another pro to add)
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster
Aubergines - 11x White Knight
Characid - 9x Battle Mage

Page/White Knight/Paladin Guide - terribly out of date
Everest - Guild Boss Hunting Event - Winner!

#13 XtraBlaze

XtraBlaze

Veritas

• Official Member
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

FFTAmaster62 (Which I assume stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Master 62 xD): Is it? o.O... oh cwap! I actually wrote this at night before I posted it... >.<

Blade Oracle: Fine, I'll change it so you get level 4 booster after you max mastery. XD. And The time you put points in IS when it's stronger. o.O. There WAS a fastest speed before... >.<... why does booster make the attack look faster than a... say... fruit knife (faster)? o.O Lastly, I like continuous training so I don't have the time to open the skill window and put points in. XD. I usually stock up several hundred potions before I go train... o.O

Vitalis: Okay... I'll list the answers... xD.
1. Good point. *goes to add*
2. I don't get that question... I meant assassins might get bored of using the same skill over and over.
3. It's the 1st class of a Bandit, so it's still a bandit skill... or something...
4. Whoops... as I said before, I wrote this at night xD. But why would you put points into Nimble Body?! What about drain and booster? o.O... *goes to check a skill build to see if you max both anyways*
5. Maybe I should put the word 'Skill' before 'level' then xD.
6. It saves you MP potions if you get it to max it all at once. You could do that if you wanted... but don't forget that your money isn't endless.
7. Healing 'HP'... maybe I should add that as well. xD.
8. What? I said in the guide that Double Stab is STRONGER at those levels AND cost less MP... BTW< SP = Skill Points xD... you wrote Skill Points Points then... xD.
9. Logic. you attack faster, even if it's slightly = faster training. (2: Really? I haven't played a bandit for a while)
10. I wrote that already above it.
11. Where did I write that 'YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS BUILD'? I just think it's the build which I think works the best.
12. I forgot to add that to 'To Add' didn't I... XD.
Woah that was long... I'm going back to sleep >.<
IM BACCK?!

#14 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:44 PM

Don't forget the savage blow doing 80% damage too.

People interchange normal with common. My own peeve is when people say this is the best build.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users