Ludibrium Maze PQ. [Guide]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts
  • Location:Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.
  • IGN:Gintamaki

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:49 AM

The Ludibrium Maze Party-Quest

Requirements
  • You must be between level 51-70 to participate
  • Your party must consist of at least 3 members.
  • You must complete the quest in under 15:00 minutes

The Ludibrium Maze PQ as its name suggests is located in the main center of Ludibrium, atop the clock-tower. If you can't reach the platform by jumping there is a warp point located the base of the clock-tower. Shown here:

To enter the Maze you have to talk Rolly . Of course, if there is another party already inside you have to wait for them to exit the Maze before you can attempt it.

Pre-Entrance Party tips:
  • You need a minimum of 3 party members to enter the PQ; however, they say there is safety in numbers. If someone loses all their HP or disconnects from the game and you go under 3 members you'll be sent outside. Also, the more members you bring the more damage you can deal to enemies.
    On the opposite side of this, the more members you bring along the "clumsier" your party can get. Someone may get lost or move away from the keyboard and hold up the whole party.
    The best suggestion is to weigh your party members. If you bring members who can deal a lot more damage, you don't really need more party members to accomplish the same goal. However if the party is somewhat weak, you may want to bolster your numbers.
  • You don't need class-specific Party skills, however that does not mean you won't want them. A Rogues Haste is especially nice for the challenge, and so is a Clerics heal. You can toggle between many party skills.

Ludi-Maze Overview:

Party-Quest goal
: Collect over 30 Passes from the monsters inside and find Pietri to exit the maze. If you do not collect over 30 passes you will still receive [a small amount] of EXP points, however you won't be rewarded a special prize.

Ludibrium Maze consists of 16 separate rooms, linked together by 3 different portals, each room containing 3 different boxes. One of those three boxes contains a variety of different monsters, and there's a chance that the monsters will either drop orange colored Passes , Mana Elixirs, or both. The passes are most important, as you need at least 30 to get a special prize at the end of the quest. Also, each pass you collect is worth a bonus 20exp Points. The more your party leader has when he exits, the more EXP you'll get.

Navigating The Maze:

As stated, there's 16 rooms in the Ludi Maze and they're connected by 3 different portals located in the center of each room. Your party will be spawned randomly in rooms 1-15. Each portal is designated to move you up or down a certain number of rooms:

Room 16 is where Pietri is located, and your all your party members have to find it to exit. It can only be accessed one way however: You must find Room 9 and enter the Middle portal. (I don't know why, but you can't find room 4 and go up 4 times to get to 16).

To help you along, just remember the Odds & Evens rule:
  • Even + Even = Even
  • Even + Odd = Odd
  • Odd + Odd = Even
  • Even - Odd = Odd
  • Odd - Odd = Even
[Not terribly sure if the maze completely follows the rules though...]

Completion Methods:
There's two different methods to completing the Maze: The Revised (short) method and the Full PQ Method

Full PQ:
Find every room and kill every monster you can before 15 minutes runs out. This method is not very much used any longer; for reasons I will explain in the Revised Method. However, you can get more EXP in one run, and you can also collect a lot of extra Mana Elixirs.

Revised PQ:
The basis of the revised method is the Tauromacis in rooms 6 & 7. The Tauromacis have a chance of dropping 50 passes each, and there's 3 Tauromacis in each room. So there's a chance of walking away with up to 300 passes. Why waste time, money, and effort clearing out the other rooms and gain minimal amounts of passes when you can clear two rooms and get a possible 50-300 passes? Much faster exp in a shorter amount of time = win.
Of course if you can get right back into the Maze you can get a lot of experience and prizes.

Common Pass #'s and EXP:
50 = 2500 EXP
100 = 5000 EXP
150 = 7500 EXP
200 = 10 000 EXP
250 = 12 500 EXP
300 = 15 000 EXP

Note: If you die inside the maze you only lose 1% of your experience.

To assist with this, here's a somewhat confusing chart created by Yokuyin of Scania:

This chart lets you find any room from anywhere: specifically rooms 6 and 7 which are highlighted, and also the exit in room 16. It looks pretty confusing at first, but if you know what everything means it's fairly simple to read. For instance lets say you're in room 5 and want to get to room 7, you want to go in portals in this order: Left-Left-Right-Right.

As you can also see there's a pattern moving diagonally from right/left.

List of LMPQ Prizes:

Equips:
Emergency Rescue Tube
Blood Snowboard
Red Hearted Earrings
Yellow Umbrella

Scrolls: (Come in all varities (10%, 30%, 60%, 70%) unless specified)
Overall Armor for DEF
Topwear for DEF
Bottomwear for DEF
Shield for DEF
Cape for Wep. DEF
Cape for Mag. DEF
Shield for DEF
10% Cape for INT
10% Cape for DEX

Use:
100 Mana Elixirs
100 Dried Squids
100 OJ's
50 Watermelons
50 Pure Waters
20 Fat Sausages
20 Grape Juices
20 Fruit Milks
20 Strawberry Milks
20 Coffe Milks
5 Pink Elixirs
5 Red Bean Sundaes
1 Power Elixir

Once you exit the PQ you have to talk to the NPC outside and click "yes" to get your prize. And then you're taken to another exit and you have to click "Ok" before you're taken back to Ludibrium.

Edited by PoserMobile, 02 November 2007 - 04:17 AM.

Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#2 Sahweet

Sahweet

An island of reality in an ocean of diarrhea

• MapleTip Contributor
  • 1234 posts
  • IGN:-

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:57 AM

This guide > my HPQ guide. ;_;
I'll use this when I try out LMPQ.

Windia
Alldaze: level 5X Mercedes - Active for break; add me! :3
Polydor: level 14X Mechanic
DrParasite: level 176 Marksmam
Sahweet: level 80 Hermit

Posted Image

#3 PurpleMadness

PurpleMadness

Oh yes doshin!

• Respected Member
  • 1576 posts
  • IGN:[GM]Pat!

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:39 AM

You should also tell this is a great way to get mana elixirs and money.

Nice guide, although I already knew most of this after 1 hour of LMPQing on my bro's account mush1o.gif

Edited by PurpleMadness, 30 September 2007 - 02:39 AM.

Nostalgic sig. Because I can.

lightimage - 93 I/L - Broa
lightipirate - 61 lowdex Brawler - Broa

#4 Fr0zenDream

Fr0zenDream

I got my propaganda!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • IGN:Fr0zenDream

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:27 AM

I have a tip that you can use in your guide:

Once you've completed a PQ and your leader is frantically rushing back to Rolly to re-enter, you can make your way to two NPC's in town to sell some of your pots to make space.
Those NPC's are Patricia (the pet food vendor) and Coco (the Valentine's Day vendor). These NPC's let you sell your items.
Sometimes you -will- need to go to the pharmacy to recharge stars and buy pots if you're low but this tip cancels out the need to do that more often when you can just as easily go to the other NPC's. This also increases your chances of re-entering another PQ. :3

Hope that made sense! Good luck with the guide.
Fr0zenDream - Lv76 Ice/Lightning Mage.
I love Wolf Spiders.

#5 ShadowShuriken

ShadowShuriken

Pepe

• Official Member
  • 766 posts
  • IGN:somethingg.

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:26 PM

By the way, Pat, add that the 3rd portal leads you to your current room minus 3. So when your party needs you to go to 16, just head to rooms 3, 6, 12, 15 and keep going into the right until you hit 9. Then you take the middle portal. If you're in 3, the third portal leads you back to 15.And the maximum tauromacis' that drop tickets is 4. Believe me, me and my friend rushed 31 times on the release date. And a prize I received was an Emergency Rescue Tube, it's always average, never below or above.

Monsters :
A mass spawn of coolie zombies in Rooms 1 and 11.
Golems in Room 2 and 10 I think. [10's unconfirmed]

Edited by ShadowShuriken, 30 September 2007 - 08:28 PM.

Pretty inactive, and my level digits aren't really changing, sooo. Yah. :D
x__x

#6 aznmalaysian

aznmalaysian

Jr. Balrog

• Official Member
  • 1207 posts
  • IGN:aznNaruto01

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

I have a quick question.........
Whenever you start the pq, do you always start at lets say room 16 and does your whole party start at the same spot?

Much thanks to an anonymous person (Faded) for creating the sig. ^^

Need help making meso? Check my merchant guide out!

Roti Boy Paradise City Please click XD
Click here!
And here!

#7 ShadowShuriken

ShadowShuriken

Pepe

• Official Member
  • 766 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:45 PM

Yes, your whole party spawns at one specific room, but the rooms vary.
x__x

#8 Perfection

Perfection

Maturity Mode On

• Official Member
  • 983 posts
  • IGN:HopeDreams

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:34 AM

This all sounds like maths to me. Bad for me 'cause I never was that good. mush1d.gif Nice guide. Although it doesn't really sound like an exp quest.

Credits go to Aya.
(Wee Moka :3)

#9 Fr0zenDream

Fr0zenDream

I got my propaganda!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • IGN:Fr0zenDream

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE(ShadowShuriken @ Oct 1 2007, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the maximum tauromacis' that drop tickets is 4.

You must just be unlucky because all the Tauromaci's can drop tickets. That's how you get 300 in a run. 50 from 3 in one room (150) and 50 from the other 3 in the other room. (300).
Doesn't happen too often but i've seen them drop from every Tauromaci before.
Fr0zenDream - Lv76 Ice/Lightning Mage.
I love Wolf Spiders.

#10 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE(Fr0zenDream @ Oct 1 2007, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ShadowShuriken @ Oct 1 2007, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the maximum tauromacis' that drop tickets is 4.

You must just be unlucky because all the Tauromaci's can drop tickets. That's how you get 300 in a run. 50 from 3 in one room (150) and 50 from the other 3 in the other room. (300).
Doesn't happen too often but i've seen them drop from every Tauromaci before.

I've gotten 300 tickets before, so I know all 6 Tauro's can drop them.

This all sounds like maths to me. Bad for me 'cause I never was that good. Nice guide. Although it doesn't really sound like an exp quest.

Well, if you get 300 tickets that's 15000 exp. The fastest run I've done so far was exactly a minute, so if you get a good amount of tickets each time (say between 150-300) it's rather good exp. Very good money as well.

Edited by PoserMobile, 01 October 2007 - 03:55 PM.

Those fools are foolish enough to think he is me, but secretly unbeknownst to them, I am actually me!

#11 ShadowShuriken

ShadowShuriken

Pepe

• Official Member
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

Wow, I MUST be unlucky then, because I never get past 200. Even after 31 runs. >__>;
x__x

#12 Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • IGN:ーPierrotー

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:25 PM

An addition you might want to make is that if you do rush LMPQing (Like most do), certain classes are fit to certain rooms. Bandits, Ice Wizards, and Warriors are fit to 7 (Incase it spawns on top), Archers, F/PWizards, Clerics and Assassins are fit to 6, because they can always hit freely. I found a 6 person party 3 in each usually nets me 30~45sec completion of rooms, and the rest of the minute~minute and a half to getting to room 16. Once you have a party of 6 that are completly versed with the maze, 45sec PQs are not uncommon, and if you're doing them at night or during school hours, you can expect a level or 2 that day from LMPQing :3
ーPierrotー - Level (レブル) 2x Star-Thief (Night Lord in the making)

#13 aznmalaysian

aznmalaysian

Jr. Balrog

• Official Member
  • 1207 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

One last quick question....
When you first start the lmpq, how do you know what room you spawn in..........

Click here!
And here!

#14 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(aznmalaysian @ Oct 28 2007, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One last quick question....
When you first start the lmpq, how do you know what room you spawn in..........

It says the room number on your mini-map. mush1z.gif

#15 Matthias Hinkell

Matthias Hinkell

A Depressed Villian ._.

• MD Members
  • 5072 posts
  • IGN:GeneYuss

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:41 PM

Thanks for the guide! I'll be referring to it when I do my first LMPQ...soon, I hope... XD

Characters I still play
WINDIA
GeneYuss - level 124 DK | MattHinkell - level 108 ranger | DoogaI - level 100 hermit | Meteor88 - level 99 sniper HPEcheIon - level 63 HP spearman
SCANIA
iWilfre - level 70 spearman

#16 aznmalaysian

aznmalaysian

Jr. Balrog

• Official Member
  • 1207 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:26 AM

Oh then this pq isn't that bad.

Click here!
And here!

#17 Gintama

Gintama

Nice to meet you

• Respected Member
  • 1859 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:17 AM

It's good EXP, and it's also a very good source of money and potions.

Updates: Added a list of common amounts of EXP you can win, and also a list of LMPQ Prizes by category and number.

If you've gotten a prize and do not see it on the list, post it in this topic!

#18 InnerChaos

InnerChaos

Bubble Bobbler

• Official Member
  • 1240 posts
  • IGN:ShadyArrow

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:00 AM

Just to add from what Pyro has said:

If you can get 6 people that are very familiar with how the PQ works, doing ~45 second runs is a piece of cake!

Here's how:
Get 6 people capable of understanding this concept (Duh! mush1k.gif)
Divide the party into two groups of three.
Each group ONLY does the room assigned to them. Be sure to assign rooms proper for the classes that are in the party. (ie: Sending two archers and a cleric into room 7 will result in slowdowns if the Macis spawn on the top platform)
As soon as your room, head to the exit and drop any passes as soon as you go in so the leader can pick them up.
Lather, rinse and repeat.

Its a simple concept, but the first step is often the hardest part....

Edited by InnerChaos, 02 November 2007 - 05:01 AM.

Until Next Time~

#19 Silfa

Silfa

Around that corner.

• Official Member
  • 438 posts
  • IGN:Sette

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:08 AM

Very nice guide. I randomly got invited to a party earlier and I had no idea what to do, I felt like a little annoying noob, lol.
S e t t e
70 Ranger!
Bera

#20 XtraBlaze

XtraBlaze

Veritas

• Official Member
  • 563 posts
  • IGN:xNecrolight

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:08 AM

Is there a such thing as a bonus? I was in a party and we got 350 passes so the leader was like 'omg get more coupons for bonus' so we cleared the whole maze for some reason. xD So is there? o.O
IM BACCK?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users