56 replies to this topic

#41 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts
  • IGN:HolyOracle-Lv 90

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:14 AM

You'll have to kill zakum to get advanced charge, and there is a quest for holy charge. If you need to find a skill either by hunting or questing, I don't think they tell you; you're only indicator that you have to do something is that the skill isn't in your skill book.

Posted Image

Please support our sponsors and mapletip. Don't block ads if you want mapletip to survive! If you do not want to have ads, simply Subscribe to mapletip today!

#42 SabakunoxGarra

SabakunoxGarra

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • IGN:BubbleBoob

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:52 PM

Great Page/WK/Paladin guide. I myself am making a paladin and will definitely be using your guide to assist me. Thanks man!

#43 Maikberry

Maikberry

Octopus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • IGN:Keggs

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

Whoa man, Gotta say, AMAZING guide. I didn't read through everything but I skimmed through it. Great job.
Chyea Mah Son.

Grand Theft Auto 4: Who ever plays GTA4 on PS3 add me, Maikberry.

Whoever plays on Scania, add me, Juggs3K... Chhhyea.

#44 mrcakefighter

mrcakefighter

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:venoob

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

this is a very useful page guide but not very good in the skills build to see when to learn it..

#45 Blade Oracle

Blade Oracle

Exemplar

• Official Member
  • 5963 posts
  • IGN:HolyOracle-Lv 90

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

Sure it doesn't break it down level by level, but it's simple and effective enough: just put that many points into those skills in that order.

Posted Image

#46 ČRob

ČRob

• Official Member
  • 1003 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

This guide is helping me on my Page a lot. :D
Level 40 so far. xD

#47 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts
  • IGN:kevinpyr

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:36 AM

I wrote an update to the guide a few months ago, but refrained from putting it up because manually putting in BBCode tags into this thing is a nightmare.

Just today I dug it up, gave it another edit, and decided to just tough it out, do the formatting, and put it up. I'm pretty sure there won't be another update to the guide for a while. 4th job is covered in much more detail.

As usual, all comments are welcome.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster
Aubergines - 11x White Knight
Characid - 9x Battle Mage

Page/White Knight/Paladin Guide - terribly out of date
Everest - Guild Boss Hunting Event - Winner!

#48 ČRob

ČRob

• Official Member
  • 1003 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:22 AM

I like the update. :D
(In a section of the guide, you say the ribgol sword isn't out; it is, under the name 'Stonetooth Sword'. ^^)

I can't wait till I actually level my page past 50. I want charges. :3

#49 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

Rawr, I knew I glossed over something. Fixed that.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster

#50 1hsword4ever

1hsword4ever

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:Hucksly

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

Very well thought out, very thorough.

My only piece of advice is that I think that once you reach level 120, having maxed out shield mastery is very helpful. With the Gellerhead Shield and 20 Shield Mastery, that's an extra 254 Defence, which has to be somewhat helpful.

Replying to BladeOracle, you also need to do a quest to get Guardian. You talk to someone in Leafre, and defeat 200 Blue Kentauros (I think it's blue kentauros).

This is also the quest that nets you the Gellerhead Shield, which I found to be much more useful than Guardian.

Edited by 1hsword4ever, 12 August 2008 - 08:40 AM.

#51 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:42 PM

I noted that the 31 points at the end of 3rd job could go anywhere a player wants. For people who will never use a shield, MP Recovery will save them more money. In the end both routes only save a minuscule amount anyway.

The quest for Guardian is to kill Dark Kentaurus, since I remember sucking at it with freeze and Slash Blast.

Even 1-handers don't put points into Guardian until later levels because there are much more pressing skills to get.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster

#52 1hsword4ever

1hsword4ever

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:Hucksly

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

I will admit that I don't know as much about the page build, since I'm a fighter, so I can have both...

I will agree that Guardian isn't actually that useful, but the Gellerhead Shield is almost twice as good as the level 100 shield.

#53 LostPAGE

LostPAGE

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:H0IyFight3r

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

Guardian cant be that bad...never saw it in action though 0.o
-Beginner (Semi-Active)
-Warrior (Soon to be Page) The L isa i and O is a 0 xD(Very Active on Weekends)
-Bandit...(Active)
Only active on weekends...im useless T.T

#54 Thorswrath

Thorswrath

Snails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Thorswrath

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

Great guide! mush1a.gif i have a lvl 47 2h bw page. Damage is really unstable but hammers look pretty good

#55 CrystalArrow

CrystalArrow

Pro newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:StoneTempest

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

For your advantange and disadvantage section, the ability to reach the damage cap first should be a disadvantage. This is because hitting the damage cap means you are unable to show your full damage potential. You talk about paladins having the highest % damage out of the warriors but this is useless once the damage cap is hit.

With apples, heroes can hit double 70Ks, DrK can hit triple 45Ks white paladins are forever stuck at 99K which actually makes them have the weakest hit to a single monster. Of course, not many people can use apples all the time but at around 180 or so, paladins begin hitting the damage cap with only warrior elixer. By 200, the single monster damage of heroes and DrKs with warrior should have passed or atleast caught up with that of the paladin.

Edited by CrystalArrow, 16 December 2008 - 10:22 PM.

#56 Kerist

Kerist

Iron Hog

• MD Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

Regarding the Guardian quest, I remember sucking at it because I borrowed a friend's Black Tube for it. About what to put points into for 3rd job, it really didn't feel like it mattered at all, but I maxed Magic Crash and did 10 points MP Recovery, because Magic Crash is 100% effective only when maxed(Even if it is pretty useless), and because the cost/benefit ration for points 11-20 of MP Recovery is half compared to 1-10.

Us Paladins as a class really do take very little damage, and can make money anywhere, once we have Advanced Charge, like you said, but I would say that even Blast and Power Stance help out a lot. I only recently got a bit of Power Stance and I had that wonderful feeling again of new-ness that I haven't had since that 1st point into Rush. Even at 40% effective rate, it's really useful when you are still within striking distance of a Skele that is charging its lazer. Max Blast is useful for saving pots just because when picking off strays as you called it, you have a better chance of killing it before the magic attack comes.

One question, and I don't know if you want this in your guide's thread, but it's very specific. Do we know if Heaven's Hammer's damage is capped at 99,999? I think I could test on a 120,000 HP Guardian in CWK, but I'm so lazy xD. Also on Heaven's Hammer, Myst Knights in GPQ can be ohko-ed by it, for some odd reason. Similarly strange is that, if a monster has its HP reduced down to one already(for example a poisoned skele, or perhaps an already heaven's hammered Crog) I believe Heaven's Hammer has the ability to take that one hp away and kill. I noticed this when I was in a very awkward party with an F/P during a 2x event at Skeles.

Btw, did you feel charged blow really helps in third job? I think if I were to do it again, I'd definitely go for the Ice in 8x as you suggest, but even go as far as to put off Charged Blow until 100+. Being that it forces you to recharge, and in 9x, you're slashblast and final attacking ice weak monsters probably, it's too time confusming. The only two benefits I see in maxed Charged Blow earlier is it's interesting and fun to play around with, hence maybe it will liven up training, but not speed it up; and also when a charge is flickering, and about to go off anyway, you can use it then, before you'd have to recharge anyway.

Edited by Kerist, 01 March 2009 - 11:11 AM.

#57 kevin y

kevin y

Drake

• Official Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

Any WK/Pally discussion can go here, np.

I'm afraid I have some bad news about HH:

I'm afraid I can't test out your 2nd scenario since my entire guild pretty much moved with me to Bello. I'll try the last one by using HH, waiting out the cooldown, and using it again.

I would do Fire -> Ice -> CB -> Lightning now. As a WK I used CB a lot, mostly to save pots. Besides, it was fun. My play-style was influenced a lot by the first video I linked to in the guide, using CB to stun so things don't run into you. There are calculations out there that say on groups of 4+, CB + recharging is faster than SB + FA, because FA just kills SB damage. I just think Lightning charge isn't really important for training, and if you were using Lightning you'd perhaps want CB with it. At least I would.
- Bellocan
Kevynpy - 17x Bowmaster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users